Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Got to play on Friday, I hadn't played in a couple weeks, after a couple poor shots early I started striking the ball pretty well, shot 80, had 2 doubles, and 2 really bad bogeys it wasn't a bad day, just a few bad swings.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Played 2 man scramble, had a fun day. It was US Open day, otherwise known as "greenkeepers revenge" Crazy pins, guys putted into bunkers or 30 foot past the hole. A few guys dress up a bit so I decided to dress down (I usually wear Loudmouth gear) I rang a mate to borrow some beige pants, me getting into his pants worked for him, as he had a hole in one. Other than the dress ups, my game was solid, drove it well, hit my fairway woods really well and hit a lot of good putts, that unfortunately kept shaving the hole. Greens were running beautifully, quick and true despite a wet week.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Shot 79 today...36-43...really limped in coming home. Started with 6 straight pars, birdie, par, bogey on front. Front should've been a couple under. Struggled on back putting it in play on the "layup" tee shots where are hitting 4i or 3 wood off tee. Ended up having to make a 5 footer to shoot 79. Decent day but let it get away.

Knoxville, TN. 6HDCP, TM R11S driver. G25 3 wood, burner Rescue. Ping I irons, Rac 52,56,60 & 2ball odyssey putter

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Won $30 in our men's game and then played with 5 other guys(course was empty) in a game of right left. I was big winner going into 16 when big loser came into play. He picked me and I won the hole. Next big loser ended up making birdie on a stupid hard par 3 when I wasn't on his team so that negated most of my big day. Next hole I was not picked and ended up having to make a 4 footer for par to halve the hole and save our side $100. Overall came out ahead but coulda had a real nice day if it weren't for that one hole.

Am I the only one that thinks there should only be 1 biggest loser hole?

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I've never heard of the biggest loser. Sounds like wolf?

Knoxville, TN. 6HDCP, TM R11S driver. G25 3 wood, burner Rescue. Ping I irons, Rac 52,56,60 & 2ball odyssey putter

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Got out late morning and played 9 with my son at our club. Scraped it around in even for the nine thanks to a hot putter. Most important was that my son had fun and well I couldn't care less what I shoot when he is with me playing. Have the Father Son Tournament tomorrow then a BBQ at the beach club.

Also had a Nike demo day at the club and just could not get into anything that they had to offer. Callaway demo day is tomorrow so that could cost me some coin if I can hit the Sub Zero.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

We now have a season long scratch match play which is nice. I'm not a huge fan of handicapped events. Won in the second round today 3&2. Started off +2 on the front then forgot how to play golf somewhere between 9 and 10. Back 9 was a struggle. Missed three 3 foot putts for par that should have won me all three holes and closed it out on 12. Need to put in some time around the practice green.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Shot 44/45...89 yesterday. It was hot and I was on a clear liquid diet due to a scheduled colonoscopy on Monday.....I was playing pretty good(birdied par 5 #13, then the wheels fell off. DB 14, 15 & 16.....think my energy level snapped......good news is I get to eat on Monday!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Played very poor in a local event yesterday. Shot 42-35. Couldn't find the club face the first 12 holes. Managed to come in with a -1 back side. A good round today and we can still finish with a good place. 3/4 sides with the Snell ball have been under par. 34/32/42/35.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Playing the father son today. Open tryouts for the top end of the bag, not good. The little guy is going to be carrying my a$$ today.

WITB 2024

Shot 44/45...89 yesterday. It was hot and I was on a clear liquid diet due to a scheduled colonoscopy on Monday.....I was playing pretty good(birdied par 5 #13, then the wheels fell off. DB 14, 15 & 16.....think my energy level snapped......good news is I get to eat on Monday!

Yikes! The dreaded colonoscopy. Good luck brother!

Shot 43/46.....89 today. Pretty weak after a day of no food! I had many chances but could not get the putts to roll on the freshly punched greens. I burned the edge many times today. That's okay, tomorrow I get a colonoscopy and just know that will help my game.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I've never heard of the biggest loser. Sounds like wolf?

Yep its the same thing. We were playing right vs left instead of wolf bc of even numbers and did big loser starting on the 16th. I just feel like it shouldn't start till 18 otherwise the first 15 holes are basically for nothing.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Played in the Father Son at my club today with my 10 year old son. The format was my score on odd holes, his on even holes for the front 9. Made no changes to the top end of the bag and shot even par for the front 9 with a double in the par 3 7th. We combined for +8 45 on the front and the boy is still running sprints until he understands what even par means :)

After the round went to the range for the Callaway demo day and hit a bunch of their new stuff. Also hit the M1 and M2 as well and out of everything I hit on the Trackman the number 1 combo for me was my Callaway FT Optiforce 440 with a Fubuki ZT 60x. Second by a nose was my Titleist D3 so at least I know I am on the right path.

WITB 2024

Played a total of 72 holes last 3 days. I've already talked about Friday but Saturday got out in 112 degree heat. Shot a even 90 again. Should have been less, but I hit a 9 iron about 3 yards right into a tree branch from my line. The hole is a bit ridiculous, it's 145 generally into the wind, but with an east wind it blows right to left. The hole right shoot is tree guarded and the tee box is heavily slanted to the left. With the wind and pin right, my only hope to keep it on the green was about a 1-2 yard window that I missed caught a branch and hit water. Ended up parring another nemesis hole though on 18 after hitting a bombed drive and simple second. Two putts and I was at least ok with the results.

Sunday I played a two man scramble as part of a perk of being a local personality/celebrity. (for the record, that stuff makes me laugh) I played with a twenty handicap and ended up shooting 4 over with him. Last two holes we finished bogey bogey, but I think we had somewhere around 14 pars. Highlights included a 25-30 foot bomb to save par and winning long drive with a wind aided blast that landed about 280. The lowlight: after that drive and sitting 110 outside the pin on a par 5, we ended up parring it. It took me one stroke to get 280 yards and 4 to putt in from 110. 

All that was on a day where we shattered our daily record high temperature, hit 120 for only the 8th time ever, and had the 4th hottest day on record.

On the plus side Monday my Callaway test clubs come in. Might sneak in a midweek 18 on Wednesday to try them out. I'm so excited, I lost all disappointment that I didn't get them this weekend.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Played poor in the 2nd round of the event I was in.  Another 42 on the front derailed my day, but I did finish with a 2 under back side for a 76, (77-76= 153).  Never did find the front 9 at that course easy, but its not 42 hard.  Swing was a little off and that's all it takes at this place.  Still the Snell ball is doing well in my mind 4 of the last 6 sides have been in red figures. (34,32,42,35,42,34).  Playing again Thursday.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Played yesterday with my son and we had a blast.  It had to the coolest June 19th weather in my part of Florida.  We tee'd off at 2:30, the wind picked up and changed on the 4th hole, we got a little rain and the temp dropped to around 80.  It was heavenly and the heavy wind made it incredibly challenging.  It was one of those days where yardage meant nothing - I had one sequence where I hit GW from 128 followed by 7 iron from the same distance going the other way, another where I played a 312 yard hole driver/9 iron and then turned around and played a 365 yard hole up hill driver GW.  The best was when my son launched a super high 4 iron down the right rough that the wind blew all the way across the fairway into the trees left - it hit the trees and caromed back out into the fairway all the way on the other side about where it was heading in the first place.

He shot 89 which is great for a guy whose played golf all of 3 times this year - he was very disciplined in his play.  I shot 79, nothing spectacular but not bad for a guy who kept getting txts about work the entire front nine.  The phone was turned off and put deep into the bag on the back. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Shot 77 at a pitch and putt today. no birdies but one eagle which is a little frustrating. Couldn't figure out the greens to make a putt. Ball just rolled wherever it wanted so didn't make anything.

37 on the front... 43 on the back... Oooff. Just a classic mental collapse on my part. Could not putt. I need to practice this and forget even looking at the range

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

My last 2 rounds have been very similar, ball striking was pretty good and putting was pretty good, but I had about 4 shots during the round that were bad and cost me 6-8 shots in each round. I had 1 bad drive in each round both led to double, and I had 3 horrible short iron shots that cost me a lot, hole 7 is the number one hcp hole, there is a bunker left and for whatever reason I seem to want to hit it there all the time, it is a bunker of death, unless you hit a great shot, good will not do, it must be great, if you don't it is a double or triple every time, I had one bad shot with a 7,8, and 9 iron in each round that cost me a bunch of shots, but I did figure out why I was hitting them to the left so going forward I should be able to stay away from the bunker left.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

While I am I the office working away my son is on a school field trip and found a driving range. Guess he got the message on shooting even or better when he is my partner.

WITB 2024

While I am I the office working away my son is on a school field trip and found a driving range. Guess he got the message on shooting even or better when he is my partner.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1466529958.723691.jpg

How do you find a driving range on a school trip??  Good job!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

How do you find a driving range on a school trip?? Good job!!!

Not only did he find a range but he was also teaching the girls how to hold and swing a golf club. The little dude has some game....sure as hell didn't get that from me.

WITB 2024

Yesterday afternoon I received a call from by brother asking me to cover for him in a 9 hole two man scramble skins league.  His partner was draining putts from all over the place.  We carded a 28 and got the only two skins.  I can't tell you how many 4 man-18 hole scrambles I've played in and only carded 8 under (or less).  So it was fun.

:ping-small: S57 DG S300 stiff

:taylormade-small:  M1 430 8.5 Matrix Black Tie 

:ping-small:  Tour Wedges stiff

:taylormade-small:  SLDR 16* mini driver Fuji Speeder stiff

:taylormade-small: SLDR 21* hybrid Fuji Speeder stiff

:cameron-small: Futura  Superstroke mid slim 2.0

:taylormade-small:  project (a) #7's

Played the front 9 from the tips this afternoon for kicks. The course was empty so I thought, what the heck. 3600 yards of torture but I shot 39. Honestly these are 3 par 4's in the front 9 that I would have had trouble reaching in regulation for the whites and all that happened on the other holes was longer approaches or longer lay ups on the par 5's. 6 is often a 7 iron lay up instead I had 4 hybrid and 7 is about the same, I had 5 wood.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Played the front 9 from the tips this afternoon for kicks. The course was empty so I thought, what the heck. 3600 yards of torture but I shot 39. Honestly these are 3 par 4's in the front 9 that I would have had trouble reaching in regulation for the whites and all that happened on the other holes was longer approaches or longer lay ups on the par 5's. 6 is often a 7 iron lay up instead I had 4 hybrid and 7 is about the same, I had 5 wood.

I'm going to try it this fall when fewer golfers are on the course.  It's only 6600 from the tips, but most everyone except seniors (I guess I'm not a senior yet!   :wacko: ) play from 6100.  I think I would shoot about the same if I am playing well.  There are a couple par 4's that I can barely reach, but most of the time I have to pitch and putt so it wouldn't be all that much different.  The par 5's are all 3 shot holes anyway.  Only one par 3 would be extra tough from the tips.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'm going to try it this fall when fewer golfers are on the course. It's only 6600 from the tips, but most everyone except seniors (I guess I'm not a senior yet! :wacko: ) play from 6100. I think I would shoot about the same if I am playing well. There are a couple par 4's that I can barely reach, but most of the time I have to pitch and putt so it wouldn't be all that much different. The par 5's are all 3 shot holes anyway. Only one par 3 would be extra tough from the tips.

You've played Bayou imagine it from the tips with more rough but softer greens. That's what I had. Those Wilson C200's are stayng in my bag for a long time. Expect lots of low scores from me once I move away from Bayou. Even at TPC Tampa. I have 5 rounds there coming soon. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

You've played Bayou imagine it from the tips with more rough but softer greens. That's what I had. Those Wilson C200's are stayng in my bag for a long time. Expect lots of low scores from me once I move away from Bayou. Even at TPC Tampa. I have 5 rounds there coming soon. :)

I've gained about 20 yards off the tee from last February, but NO, I don't think I would even attempt Bayou from the tips.

Had my league night last night, and I hadn't been playing well for about a month. Every round was in the 50's (i'm a 23 hcp) and i just had no good feel. I got to that 23 by dropping 6 strokes in 3 revisions so I was hurting myself more than normal. Last night it clicked again and fired out a 44. No Birdies, 3 pars and only 1 blowup. I was stirking the ball really well, just not with the putter unfortunately. Could have been an even 40 or less if i cut out the 3 putts. Can't wait to get back on the course.

:taylormade-small: R15 10.5 aldila Rogue Silver 60S
:callaway-logo-1: XR 16 3W
:mizuno-small: JPX 825 3H 19°
:taylormade-small: RSi1 irons 4-AW
:callaway-logo-1: MD3 54°
:mizuno-small:  S5 58°
:cameron-small:  X7M