TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

4 man scramble on par 35, we shot a 6 under 29. Had 3 eagle putts miss by inches!!

Sent from my LG-D851 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Love scramble rounds like that, the best 9 hole one that I was able to play in we shot 28, on par 36, we had one eagle and 2 pars, one of the parswe had one of the putts do a 360 on us, and on the 9th hole my brother hit the flag and the laid 2 inches away, unfortunately we were rained out so they let us play 9 on a soaked course. It was fun.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Haven't ever done this before (been worse and better) but I shot 36 on the front with 9 pars.  Then parred 10, 11 and 12.  It went downhill from there but I will take 12 pars on the first 12 holes most days.

Finished with a 77 for 36/41 with 2 doubles and a birdie on the back. Yes a few bogies mixed in too

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Haven't ever done this before (been worse and better) but I shot 36 on the front with 9 pars.  Then parred 10, 11 and 12.  It went downhill from there but I will take 12 pars on the first 12 holes most days.

Finished with a 77 for 36/41 with 2 doubles and a birdie on the back. Yes a few bogies mixed in too

Wow!  Now that's a way to start your round!!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Shot 79 yesterday. +5 on the front and +1 on the back with 3 birdies. Two doubles on the front.

Got a SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0 put on my Odyssey Metal X #7 and used it yesterday. Putted lights out. Must have made 7 or 8 putts from 10-15 feet. By far the best putting day I've ever had. Finished with 23 putts.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Since the Olympic Track and Field Trials are in town, I had a chance to play a round with a couple of highly regarded T&F Coaches last night. Robert Johnson from Oregon and Edrick Floreal from the University of Kentucky.  I had a blast playing with these guys. Gentlemen to the core, and very fine players.  Eddy KILLS it. I have never seen anyone hit his irons that far.  And Robert has one of the better short games that I have witnessed up close. 

I managed to shoot my normal 82 with a Triple and Bogey, Bogey, Bogey, Bogey finish.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Since the Olympic Track and Field Trials are in town, I had a chance to play a round with a couple of highly regarded T&F Coaches last night. Robert Johnson from Oregon and Edrick Floreal from the University of Kentucky.  I had a blast playing with these guys. Gentlemen to the core, and very fine players.  Eddy KILLS it. I have never seen anyone hit his irons that far.  And Robert has one of the better short games that I have witnessed up close. 

I managed to shoot my normal 82 with a Triple and Bogey, Bogey, Bogey, Bogey finish.

FYI, I "liked" this post because you got to play with these guys, NOT because you went Triple, Bogey, Bogey, Bogey, Bogey finish.  Just so you know.   :)   

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

FYI, I "liked" this post because you got to play with these guys, NOT because you went Triple, Bogey, Bogey, Bogey, Bogey finish.  Just so you know.   :)   

Just the norm...  At EV. Triple on 10, bogey on 15,16,17,18.  Pars everywhere else.. Front was slightly better. Bogeys on 1, 4, and 8. Bird on 7 (on in 2 to 8 feet, missed.) Pars everywhere else.

about as good as I was going to play.  I plan on playing a lot in the next 14 days, so scores should go down, and consistency should go up.

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Had zero time for golf this week and tonight will be the first time since Monday that I made it home from work. I was able to close on the largest debt deal of my career today and broke the $3B mark in the gaming space alone.

The next four days will be spent living at my club with the Tradition tomorrow, money game on Saturday, friendly game on Sunday and a SWAT Monday. Sprinkle in a few BBQs at the beach club and it should be a great weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Had zero time for golf this week and tonight will be the first time since Monday that I made it home from work. I was able to close on the largest debt deal of my career today and broke the $3B mark in the gaming space alone.

The next four days will be spent living at my club with the Tradition tomorrow, money game on Saturday, friendly game on Sunday and a SWAT Monday. Sprinkle in a few BBQs at the beach club and it should be a great weekend.

Congrats on the accomplishment!! Enjoy the weekend!

Shot a +14 with a quad on the first hole and a quad on the 18th. Figured out that I was thinking too much. I tried channeling my inner Dustin Johnson and emptied my mind of thought. Worked pretty well until the last.

I shot my first even par 9 last Tuesday. On the front 9 I shot 45, which I'm ok with, but I'm usually 41-43 pretty consistently. I started triple, triple. Thought it was going to be one of those days. Got going a little bit and started making some pars. Three putted the 8th for a bogey and missed a 4 foot par putt on 9.

On the back 9, I three putted #10 for bogey and thought I was going to shoot in the 90's lol. I then proceeded to birdie the next two holes. I bogeyed an easier to get to, but harder to score par 5 and then made a miraculous par putt on #14. Stuck an 8 iron 3 foot to the pin on #15 and made the birdie putt and then got a par on #16. 

At this point I feel like Jim Hermann when he got his first PGA Tour win earlier this year and had to wait like 10 minutes to tee off on one of the last holes. I was -2 and had never shot better than 38. I proceeded to hit my drive right into the trees because the draw wasn't working that well. I flubbed my next shot and ended up doubling the hole. So I'm standing on #18's tee box even par and have a looonnggg dogleg right par 5. It doglegs at about 300 yards so if you don't hit a good tee shot, your lay-up can be tough. I hit a great draw but distance wasn't the greatest. I hit a lay-up to about 220. I know that doesn't sound like a lay-up, but the at 170, the ground is uneven and slants hard to a creek on the right and I wanted to play it safe. Tried to get closer than 220, but oh well. I hit my 5 hybrid(TM RBZ, Freaking love it!!) just off the green, pin high to the right. Chipped to about 6 inches and tapped in for my 36!!!

Crossed that off the golf bucket list.

Still need to:

-Holel in one

-Break 80 (Gotta happen soon)

-Win my City Championship

Driver - TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 - 9.5* - Stiff Shaft

3wood - TaylorMade SLDR            - 15*  - Stiff Shaft

Hybrid - Ben Hogan Golf VKTR     - 20*  - Stiff Shaft

- Ben Hogan Golf VKTR     - 24*  - Stiff Shaft

Irons - Ben Hogan Apex Plus - 5-PW - Rifle 5.0 Shaft

Wedges - Cleveland 588 RTX - 52* 56* 60* - Tru-Temper Dynamic Gold Shaft

Putter -Ben Hogan by Bettinardi BHB1-C

Balls -TaylorMade Project (a)

Shoes - Adidas Tour360 Boost - All Black

Just the norm...  At EV. Triple on 10, bogey on 15,16,17,18.  Pars everywhere else.. Front was slightly better. Bogeys on 1, 4, and 8. Bird on 7 (on in 2 to 8 feet, missed.) Pars everywhere else.

about as good as I was going to play.  I plan on playing a lot in the next 14 days, so scores should go down, and consistency should go up.

If I remember correctly, at EV I got a double on #10, and I didn't think it was that hard of a hole.  Just a couple of bad shots in a row.  Liked the course though.  The Head Pro Chris Isaacson used to be the pro up here at TC Country Club for many years.  He moved down there last fall and put an "O" in his back window!!  I live across the street from his mom.

Maybe we can hook up on my next visit to the Valley.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I shot my first even par 9 last Tuesday. On the front 9 I shot 45, which I'm ok with, but I'm usually 41-43 pretty consistently. I started triple, triple. Thought it was going to be one of those days. Got going a little bit and started making some pars. Three putted the 8th for a bogey and missed a 4 foot par putt on 9.

On the back 9, I three putted #10 for bogey and thought I was going to shoot in the 90's lol. I then proceeded to birdie the next two holes. I bogeyed an easier to get to, but harder to score par 5 and then made a miraculous par putt on #14. Stuck an 8 iron 3 foot to the pin on #15 and made the birdie putt and then got a par on #16.

At this point I feel like Jim Hermann when he got his first PGA Tour win earlier this year and had to wait like 10 minutes to tee off on one of the last holes. I was -2 and had never shot better than 38. I proceeded to hit my drive right into the trees because the draw wasn't working that well. I flubbed my next shot and ended up doubling the hole. So I'm standing on #18's tee box even par and have a looonnggg dogleg right par 5. It doglegs at about 300 yards so if you don't hit a good tee shot, your lay-up can be tough. I hit a great draw but distance wasn't the greatest. I hit a lay-up to about 220. I know that doesn't sound like a lay-up, but the at 170, the ground is uneven and slants hard to a creek on the right and I wanted to play it safe. Tried to get closer than 220, but oh well. I hit my 5 hybrid(TM RBZ, Freaking love it!!) just off the green, pin high to the right. Chipped to about 6 inches and tapped in for my 36!!!

Crossed that off the golf bucket list.

Still need to:

-Holel in one

-Break 80 (Gotta happen soon)

-Win my City Championship

Congrats on the great round. That sounds like a roller coaster.

Played last night after work. Hit the ball well, one poor swing cost me a good round.  Had 235 in on the 1st hole, (started on 3).  Pin was back left, and any miss left is OB.  Pulled my shot and it bounced out.  Was able to save bogey, but should not have missed in that location.  Greens were not in the best of shape, but still could have made more than I did.  Overall I am happy with my swing and the game is coming back around.

Must be a glitch with the app (GolfShot) as GIR are not showing up on the score card but being calculated.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Sounds like you are in or around Eugene.  Nice!  

I grew up in Creswell - about 15-20 minutes south.  

Loved seeing the Eugene CC on Golf Channel during the College tourney (men and women).  Can't believe the Ducks pulled it off!!  GO DUCKS!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Sounds like you are in or around Eugene.  Nice!  

I grew up in Creswell - about 15-20 minutes south.  

Loved seeing the Eugene CC on Golf Channel during the College tourney (men and women).  Can't believe the Ducks pulled it off!!  GO DUCKS!

I am.  Lived in Oregon since 1980. Moved from Eugene to Ashland for 8 years after college, but we are back now.

(don't tell people how great it is here)

If I remember correctly, at EV I got a double on #10, and I didn't think it was that hard of a hole.  Just a couple of bad shots in a row.  Liked the course though.  The Head Pro Chris Isaacson used to be the pro up here at TC Country Club for many years.  He moved down there last fall and put an "O" in his back window!!  I live across the street from his mom.

Maybe we can hook up on my next visit to the Valley.

10 is not that hard, unless you hit it a little left off of the tee, and then try to hit a hero recovery shot instead of chipping out..... 

10 is not that hard, unless you hit it a little left off of the tee, and then try to hit a hero recovery shot instead of chipping out..... 

I pushed my shot a little and ended up behind a tree on the right; hero shot to the left rough. Why do I remember this after nearly two months!!!  

I pushed my shot a little and ended up behind a tree on the right; hero shot to the left rough. Why do I remember this after nearly two months!!!  

Playing there again on Saturday.  I will try to do better!!

Playing there again on Saturday.  I will try to do better!!

Say HI to Isaacson for me from Kenny and Martha in Kennewick.  We will try to make it down there again in a month or so.

Freakin 82 today. The only good thing about my game this season has been my driver. My brother threaten to kick my butt if ever I try to sell it again lol. I can finally reach all 4 par 5's with relative ease because of my TourEdge. I'm driving on average maybe 280 and I'm almost reaching short par 4's in 1. That and a Snell MTB are a match made in heaven. My irons are slowly getting better. I'm still pulling them every now and then but not as much as I was. My putting is off though. Having trouble with alignment.

Sent from my XT1563 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Played in the Friday game today and it was interesting. Threw the 915D2 in the bag why I headed out with the hope of hitting some balls with the new Oban Black in my D3 head but due to traffic getting to the club that didn't happen. Had enough time to change my shoes and head to the tee without hitting a ball. Overall hit the driver well and had some loose shots that were more swing related than club related. Did mange age to drive the 351 yard 13th and two putt for a birdie (hole played downwind today). Fairly happy with another pain free round and hoping it keeps up. Had some disaster holes and needed up with 78 but all in all not too bad and will be playing tomorrow for day 2 of four straight days of golf.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Even through 15 before it got too dark. Solid play today. Nothing special but solid.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Played three times in 10 days. Played 9 holes at my usual spot and then went home and played twice at home in NJ with the new Callaways. Also had plenty of time at golf stores and launch monitors. Shot some horrid golf, but got to play with my dad which is more important.  Think I'm getting a bit quick and trying to crush shots. MY dad also gave me a tip I'm eager to try out with the wedge, so far in backyard practice I'm doing a lot better

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

The last 4 rounds or so have been sort of mediocre, a bunch of 82-83 scores, I am really getting off the tee really well except a couple times, in the round, but I am really struggling with anything in the scoring club shots, 8i - SW, I can't seem to hit any greens, I hit 6 greens today 3 of those were on par 3's. 3-4 on the par threes and 3-14 on the rest, I don't know the issue, but I am just a bit off short left-middle -right, long left-middle-right, correct distance left-right, I just can't seem to put he ball on the green, 3 doubles today, 1 with PW, one with 8 iron and 1 OB, chipping was ok, and putting was good for me. Just need to get the irons worked out. Had fun even though the temp was in the 90's

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Well I had an interesting experience today. I drove it barely through our 10th green from 365 with a little backwind. Not exactly a high percentage shot (I'm long but come on, I'm not that long consistently). And when I get up there, the guy wants to fight me over it. He told me, "hey if that's your drive, I kicked it off the green." Seriously. Like dude it was barely rolling when it got to you. His kids were so embarrassed and were screaming at him to shut up. The pro came by after he calmed the guy down and told me nice shot and don't worry about it. Either way, it got me going and I rolled off 3 birdies in a row. Ended up shooting 70.

Some people amaze me. When I start hitting it 370 every drive I'll go sign up for the tour. I pray this mofo was just out there bc it was July 4th weekend.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Played at Port Fairy Golf Club, one of the best value courses in Australia. Wind was blowing at 20+ mph, with most holes playing cross wind. Some great course with 12 holes running along the dunes, one of my playing partners put 2 balls on the beach. Drove the ball well, conditions worsened with some rain blowing through, pretty heavy from 14-18. Was 4 over on the front, 8 over on the back. Had a great time despite the weather.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Tale of two nines for me yesterday... 48 on the front; 36 on the back.  WTF?  It was a combination of bad shots that led to poor decision making, and then no putts were going in.  I almost quit at the turn, but my wife really only gets to play 18 on the weekends, so I stuck it out.  Not sure why everything clicked on the back nine.