Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

You've never hand one on Long Island? Please be safe yourself. Hunker down and don't go anywhere. You are supposed to get nailed. They've even closed our schools but I think it's more to have available shelters for people from the Central and Eastern parts of the state.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Only one since I moved to LI was Sandy and that was misery, but was not a hurricane when it hit the island. We are going to ride it out at our resort in Disney. I have plenty of beer and an iPad for the kids, all will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Only one since I moved to LI was Sandy and that was misery, but was not a hurricane when it hit the island. We are going to ride it out at our resort in Disney. I have plenty of beer and an iPad for the kids, all will be fine.

Bummer going to Disney and they are closed.  Stay safe!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

played better than more score today.... if you know what I mean.

Hit the ball well, excellent approach shots, on most greens in regulation, good, well-placed drives.

The greens were TREACHEROUS.

Not sure who p'd off the greenskeeper but the pins were on hills and if you missed a slightly tapped putt you were rolling off.

No 4-putts but took a while to get the speed down, and even then if you weren't on line...

42/41 - 83 but probably could've been closer to 79 or 80.

Absolutely beautiful day in New England.  Leaves are starting to turn, grass is greening back up, baby blue sky with not a cloud up there, no wind, low 70's.  Top 10 golf day!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Played on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Tuesday I shot 82 from the tips. Played pretty well with a few bad swings that cost me.

Wednesday I played from the whites since there was a skins game and I wanted to win some money. No birdies and shot 92. Fairly certain that I have the yips from 40-100 yards although I've never experienced them before and always thought they weren't real. I must have chunked at least 14 shots in that distance range. Frustrating to say the least.

It was so bad that the guys after the round were joking asking if I could give them lessons on wedge play. We had a good laugh about it, but I need to get it sorted out. The season is pretty much over, but I need to keep my pride in tact. It also seems like it's starting to leak into my iron shots.

The good news is that I've been driving the ball and putting well.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Thinking I could have toughed it out and played Magnolia this morning. The weather was worse in the DR for my first two rounds in April and I got it around okay.

WITB 2024

Played in a mixed Ambrose (Scramble) with my daughter, and a friend and his daughter. The conditions were really tough, with wind gusting over 40mph. Down wind I hit a pitching wedge 160 yards, just a little more than normal.

We eagled our 15th and 18th holes to finish 5 under, and won the best gross score for the day. Both girls hit some great shots, my daughter holed a couple of longish putts for par to keep us in the game.

I won a Nearest the Pin on a 200 yards hole playing straight into the wind (before it got crazy strong) put it to 2 foot after hitting the pin. Won a crappy umbrella! One of the other par 3s was $100 for NTP, another was a 43" TV. Picked the wrong par 3

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I went out Friday afternoon to play/practice alone, but was joined by a young guy on the 1st tee. Nice kid - 1/2 my age and about twice my distance off the tee. Good reminder of what I've learned over the years - my ball was 220 yards ahead in the fairway, his was 250 yards ahead and 75 yards sideways. I was hitting well, and at the end of our round he couldn't believe that I took him 81 to 98.

Saturday morning, I played with some buddies. The course had just had the greens dressed with sand, it rained a ton earlier in the week (drainage isn't good here), and my driver had left the building... early morning dew made the greens even worse - you putt, and the ball doubles in size with sand as it stops 1/2 way to the hole... we all shot 90's...

Today, going with a buddy to play a couple courses about 1 hour away. Not sure how the weather was there, not sure if my driver will return, but I'm playing golf!!!

Played a solid if unspectacular 18. Shot an 88 even through greens being overseeded and hairier than a yeti. Distance judging was impossible, one putt had to bounce 4-5 times another rolled smooth as butter. My driving was much improved and more importantly I finally got my irons to work. I hit around 3-4 lasers dead straight and a few that ended up within feet of the pin. Only downside was I had 3 7's on the card. When I messed up on a hole, I couldn't recover.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

played better than more score today.... if you know what I mean.

Hit the ball well, excellent approach shots, on most greens in regulation, good, well-placed drives.

The greens were TREACHEROUS.

Not sure who p'd off the greenskeeper but the pins were on hills and if you missed a slightly tapped putt you were rolling off.

No 4-putts but took a while to get the speed down, and even then if you weren't on line...

42/41 - 83 but probably could've been closer to 79 or 80.

Absolutely beautiful day in New England. Leaves are starting to turn, grass is greening back up, baby blue sky with not a cloud up there, no wind, low 70's. Top 10 golf day!

I remember those early fall days. Nothing like them. Hoping for a couple when we go to the mountains next weekend.

I also remember that they can really get the greens fast because there's no worry about the sun baking them out. Because the grass doesn't grow as quickly they stay fast too.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Played 18, worked on putting my drills I did to get my swing to not be so much in-to-out into a full swing on the course. It was ugly at times, but I also hit some good drives by the last two holes. It's going to be awhile before I can get back to the 70's again, but I still enjoyed being outside in the awesome weather!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I won a Nearest the Pin on a 200 yards hole playing straight into the wind (before it got crazy strong) put it to 2 foot after hitting the pin. Won a crappy umbrella! One of the other par 3s was $100 for NTP, another was a 43" TV. Picked the wrong par 3

Congratulations!  A crappy umbrella for a 200y par 3 into the wind??  What were the other par 3's?  250y??  Only thing that would make it worse is if you holed the shot!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I went out Friday afternoon to play/practice alone, but was joined by a young guy on the 1st tee. Nice kid - 1/2 my age and about twice my distance off the tee. Good reminder of what I've learned over the years - my ball was 220 yards ahead in the fairway, his was 250 yards ahead and 75 yards sideways. I was hitting well, and at the end of our round he couldn't believe that I took him 81 to 98.

This is exactly what happens when I play with young'ens.  They all out drive me, but they can't break 90.  I've watched them getting ready to play a round.  They show up, get a bucket of balls and head to the range, then with 5 minutes before their tee time they stop at the putting green and hit maybe 10 putts.  No chipping.  No pitching.  When they hit it all over the course, they need to spend more time on the short game.

Played Magnolia at Disney with my son today. 35-37 for an even par 72 from the backs. Didn't hit it overly great but got away with my misses and putter really well. The course was wet and a lot of mud balls during the round. Now off to the shop to spend some cash!

WITB 2024

41/41 82 61* out today but nothing but sunshine.

7/1 butts 3 putts killed me today with 4 of them, and two 7's on the card today.

It's October, and I am still golfing

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

I held our semiannual two day tournament this weekend. Has 45 Players, I shot a 39/45-84 on Sat and 42/46-88 on Sunday.....I did not make my points either day and finished 30th place out of 45 today. All in all, the weather was fantastic, but the course was very sloppy with cart path only both days. The payout was over $5k and my piece was just $101. It was a great time for all.

Some additional good news....I played both rounds with one single golfball....It was the Snell MTB!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Congratulations!  A crappy umbrella for a 200y par 3 into the wind??  What were the other par 3's?  250y??  Only thing that would make it worse is if you holed the shot!!

I felt a bit ripped off, but we won best nett score last year, missed best gross by a shot, so after winning again this year we may be outstaying our welcome!  

The best thing is no one can really complain, as 3 of us played off our lowest ever handicap, and the fourth was off 2.

Won a shirt, and a new bag each. My daughters bag has some broken zips, so it will save me replacing that, and my wife can have the other one for when she starts playing, so I'm in the good books. I can also give her the crappy umbrella, but that might put me back in trouble.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

My wife and I played both Saturday and Sunday.  Nice weather, 70's and sunny on Saturday; 60's and rain off and on on Sunday.  We followed a tournament both days so pace was slow.  I shot 79 on Saturday and 81 on Sunday, so I can say that rain cost me 2 strokes.   :D  It's getting tougher to score better than my wife; she shot 84 today and was 3 strokes better in the rain than in the sunshine.

I finally got out and played a little bit this weekend. I couldn't hit an iron to save my life. Went to the range afterwards and made some adjustments and got it figured out. My son had the shot of the day. He's almost three so I usually tee it up for him by where they put the cart signs for the greens, just about 20 to 30 yards from the green depending on the hole. After about 8 "practice swings" he put it to 15 feet. Six putts later he was in with a triple bogey It was a great day all around.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile appImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1476073885.259426.jpg

Driver:  :ping-small: G30 9*

Irons:  :callaway-small:  X-Forged 3-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX 2.0 52*

:ping-small:  Glide 58*

Putter:   :taylormade-small: Itsy-Bitsy Spider

Played Sunday and night and day from Saturday... and other than the first hole (birdie) it was pretty rough. I switched up courses for the first time in ever locally. It's been a solid six months since I played the old course. I overflew one green (probably needed a 3/4 pitch and hit 3/4 9 iron flush straight over the green) and couldn't get out of a funk with the driver. The other part to kill my game was the speed in greens. The one I play now is average at best, this one is pretty quick especially for our area.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

My son really liked the Mickey Mouse hole.

Me not so much. Had to rip a 4 iron from 225 and get it to stop. Back fringe and a two putt for par.

WITB 2024

That mouse hole is a killer - it's a 3 wood for me. :)

Back to Bayou!!!!! I played 9 yesterday afternoon and after the birdie shots kicked in we decided to play a scramble on the back (we weren't going to finish before darkness set in anyway.)  I did shoot a 39 which is always good there. 

They've done a very nice job focusing on things that needed work after the green renovation.  The guys that have played with me there will be pleased to learn that the tees were prefect (that was a goal of there's for the summer.)  They have also narrowed the fairways a bit (oh boy) to return them to their original width.  They oops I mean we :) got nailed by Colin early in the summer so there is a bit of work to do to repair the back of a couple of greens and a bridge where the water came over but the course is in prime shape.  The rough is very thick and long. The fairways are perfect.  Really all you would need to do is shave the greens down and it could host a tour event this week.

I'm still in full pinch me mode - good bye to the mid 70s that I've been shooting the past 3 months but who cares.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

That mouse hole is a killer - it's a 3 wood for me. :)

Back to Bayou!!!!! I played 9 yesterday afternoon and after the birdie shots kicked in we decided to play a scramble on the back (we weren't going to finish before darkness set in anyway.)  I did shoot a 39 which is always good there. 

They've done a very nice job focusing on things that needed work after the green renovation.  The guys that have played with me there will be pleased to learn that the tees were prefect (that was a goal of there's for the summer.)  They have also narrowed the fairways a bit (oh boy) to return them to their original width.  They oops I mean we :) got nailed by Colin early in the summer so there is a bit of work to do to repair the back of a couple of greens and a bridge where the water came over but the course is in prime shape.  The rough is very thick and long. The fairways are perfect.  Really all you would need to do is shave the greens down and it could host a tour event this week.

I'm still in full pinch me mode - good bye to the mid 70s that I've been shooting the past 3 months but who cares.

My son hit 3 wood as well but I am assuming from a different tee box than you or I would play.

WITB 2024

I was as far back as they would let me play that time. The last time that I played there I was up a set and hit 5 hybrid from 175 or so.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Got to play yesterday. Made a fool of myself on the first hole topping my drive after having not played in a couple weeks. Went on to make 6 on what should be an easy birdie 4 on our opening par 5. Figured it out after a few holes and finished with a 3 under 69

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Got to play yesterday. Made a fool of myself on the first hole topping my drive after having not played in a couple weeks. Went on to make 6 on what should be an easy birdie 4 on our opening par 5. Figured it out after a few holes and finished with a 3 under 69

Good for you!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Played Brickyard Crossing today with a customer. Very nice fun course. Shot 70 from the golds(their back). They were very well placed for the cooler soft conditions. I will go back in the summer.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

My wife and I played today in the wind and rain left over from the typhoon that hit the Northwest from the western Pacific.  Almost no one was on the course, but actually it wasn't that bad.  I did not play well; a couple of double bogeys and several bogeys added up to an 84.  I didn't play up to my new 7.9 index.  I knew this would happen one day, and today was that day.  My wife also had two double bogeys, but had a solid round 83 and beat me!!  

I played 18 today. I kept score on the front 9: 41, parring 6 holes. Then I just worked on my swing on the back. I actually hit my irons very well today, driver was a big cut that I'm not used to. It was pretty out, the course was basically empty, and I had a good time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

We started out with a sprinkle that turned to a drizzle that did not stop for 7 holes......️️Then the sun came out and tied up all the rain....I shot a 43/42:85. Double bogey, Birdie, Bogey, I was all over the scorecard. I finished at -2 for my points(25) but overall was fairly pleased.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I notice that the number of rounds is starting to decrease. Sorry guys Florida weather is just rounding into form. The water is still warm. Come down and join us.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches