TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

My course opened today after being closed for the last 3 weeks.  There is still snow in spots, and the greens are still frozen 1/2 inch below the surface.  Surprisingly, the ball held the greens pretty well.  There was only one tee box where it was difficult getting a tee in the ground.  I got off to a decent start with a few pars then a string of bogeys... a big string of bogeys!   Since I haven't been playing or practicing, my short game sucked.  I finally got birdies on 16 and 17.  Shot 82. 

The course will be open again tomorrow, but starting Friday it is supposed to snow again, and then the temp is going to drop to teens and single digits next week.  It might be awhile before I can play again.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

80° here today....

Windy too, 2-3 club wind

Shot 76 today, the usual little mistakes that keep you from shooting even, like a double on a short par 3 and such

Greens are hard and fast, but it's supposed to rain tomorrow, so that should soften it up.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Oh, and hit my first 300 yard shot with my 3-wood.

3 club wind at my back and got a great bounce too, but I've never done it before.

Funny thing was that today was its last day in my bag as my new callaway 816 alpha DBD 3-wood just arrived, and I told the club all day it was it's last chance to show off, and that she did.

It's a 20 year old sonartec SS-02 14°, on a Penley

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Went over to the Pinehurst area today and played a course called "The Dormie Club", first time on a new course, many blind shots and a few quirky holes that need some local knowledge. I shot 1 over 36 on the front, and leaked some oil coming in with 42, a really good 78. The wind was up and we played the entire back 9 coming back into it, on the back nine we had a 620 yard par 5 and 2- 470 something par 4's, that sucked. Had a good day and lots of fun

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Second day my club has been open after 3+ weeks with snow and below freezing. Played Wolf with one guy from my club and 2 guys from another club in town. Even though I only shot 80, I was the big winner!!

EDIT:  I would have won more, except while being the Lone Wolf on the 580 yard par 5 I salvaged a par, but was beaten by a pitch-in birdie.  Dang!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Has a nice 77 yesterday with an inexplicably poor shot on 15 that led to a double.

Sadly I missed the birdie putt above but still rolled the ball well all day and made more than my share of other ones.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

The temp was 38* when I left for the club at 6:30, but warmed up nicely to mid 70's so wearing shorts was worth it. I shot a 42/48:90 ugh! The front nine 42 was 2 doubles, 1 bogie and 6 pars.....but the back nine was horrible, hit trees, ball in water, etc.......we had 37 for the Saturday Game so we all had fun. I was disappointed in my U.K. Wildcats performance in the Taxslayer(Gator) Bowl. My game was so bad on the back I watched some of the bowl game on my phone(only thing accomplished was I drained my battery).

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Bright sunny and 40* yesterday, but a 10-15mph wind made it quite cold.  I put our cart cover on, and it was reasonable inside, but we didn't even keep score.  It was just an exercise day.  My wife and I HAD to play because it was the last day of the year and snow and extreme cold coming today for the next couple of weeks.  

The temp was 38* when I left for the club at 6:30, but warmed up nicely to mid 70's so wearing shorts was worth it. I shot a 42/48:90 ugh! The front nine 42 was 2 doubles, 1 bogie and 6 pars.....but the back nine was horrible, hit trees, ball in water, etc.......we had 37 for the Saturday Game so we all had fun. I was disappointed in my U.K. Wildcats performance in the Taxslayer(Gator) Bowl. My game was so bad on the back I watched some of the bowl game on my phone(only thing accomplished was I drained my battery).

My last round of 2016 stunk like a skunk at a farting party however that's last year....    Let's get ready to have some fun in 2017!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

We had 11 show up this morning for the first Hangover Scramble so I set up 3 teams......my team came in 7 under and won.......Woohoo!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

First round of the year is in the books. Rainy soggy cold conditions. Rain gear on for the first few holes then was able to come out of it.

Carded a 43/42 while using the Senito putter for the first time.

85 today was a pretty good number. Hoping to get back out again in the next few weeks.

Winter golf ain't cool, but if your golfing in the winter then can you really complain

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Bright sunny and 40* yesterday, but a 10-15mph wind made it quite cold. I put our cart cover on, and it was reasonable inside, but we didn't even keep score. It was just an exercise day. My wife and I HAD to play because it was the last day of the year and snow and extreme cold coming today for the next couple of weeks.

I live in nh but travel to ct/ri shore to play in winter sometimes long ride but like you diehard golf nut. you must live in a cold weather place.

I live in nh but travel to ct/ri shore to play in winter sometimes long ride but like you diehard golf nut. you must live in a cold weather place.

Welcome Bags!  The northeast is one part of the USA that I have never played golf.  It's a long way and I never had the opportunity to travel there, even for work.   I live in eastern Washington State which is mostly dry farming country.  Without irrigation, it's a desert.  We typically get 7 inches of rain a year, and usually very little snow; none last year.  But we got 6-8 inches of snow yesterday, and the temperature is dropping to single digits by tomorrow night.  However, we have been known to have a Chinook wind come up unexpectedly where it will warm up to 60-70 and we can be golfing the next day!  Hey!  It's the weather!!

One of the more unique golfing experiences ever today. They had two large family groups on the course both playing very slowly.

The pro told us to go past the first group and start on 2 which we did. We caught the 2nd group on 4 and the course was hacked up beyond them. It took forever to get to 7. We then cut back and played 3-7 again which is where we caught the first group so we played 3-5, 8,9. My son had left a club on 5 so we picked it up and played 6-9 in for an 18 hole round.

I have no idea what I shot. Lots of pars though. Many of the holes seemed familiar.

The picture was from our 2nd time on 3. That's the hole in one hole. I almost jarred it that second time and made my only birdie of the day.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

attachicon.gif 0102171556a.jpg

One of the more unique golfing experiences ever today. They had two large family groups on the course both playing very slowly.

The pro told us to go past the first group and start on 2 which we did. We caught the 2nd group on 4 and the course was hacked up beyond them. It took forever to get to 7. We then cut back and played 3-7 again which is where we caught the first group so we played 3-5, 8,9. My son had left a club on 5 so we picked it up and played 6-9 in for an 18 hole round.

I have no idea what I shot. Lots of pars though. Many of the holes seemed familiar.

The picture was from our 2nd time on 3. That's the hole in one hole. I almost jarred it that second time and made my only birdie of the day.

Is that your son swimming with the gators again!? :blink: 

Cleveland

Yep that's the Petty Officer.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I'm dumb... today was the last day we will be above freezing until mid January, so we just had to play today.

It was mid 40's and poured down rain most of the morning, but we kept on playing. On the good side, my new rain suit worked like a charm.

After the slight rush that you get in the cold and rain, which helped me make some bad decisions, I ended up struggling to keep it under 90 and wishing I could play again tomorrow!

We were in San Diego for New Years and I was able to sneak in a quick nine this morning before we left. I played Riverwalk GC. Pretty fun little course and it's always nice to play something other than a desert course like at home. I hit the ball a lot better than expected since I haven't played in a few weeks and ended up shooting 39. Here's to a better year I suppose.

Driver:  :ping-small: G30 9*

Irons:  :callaway-small:  X-Forged 3-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX 2.0 52*

:ping-small:  Glide 58*

Putter:   :taylormade-small: Itsy-Bitsy Spider

IMG_1483492200.104940.jpg First round of the year went pretty good.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

attachicon.gifIMG_1483492200.104940.jpg First round of the year went pretty good.

Nice round!  What's the yellow highlight for?

I'm jealous that you are playing.  I'm waking up tomorrow to a sunny 9* with 6 inches of snow.

Nice round! What's the yellow highlight for?

I'm jealous that you are playing. I'm waking up tomorrow to a sunny 9* with 6 inches of snow.

Thanks! I was playing in a lowball game with a group of fellas and we had 12 people show up so we did a shotgun start, the highlighted hole was so everyone knew where their group teed off first. I've always liked those formats like that where you play your own ball more then scrambles myself. As for the weather it was 75 yesterday and 45 today so golf is a toss up here lol. Never seen much snow around here so I'm kinda envious of you there.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

48 + 43 / 91 big blows today .. I suck like an Electrolux vacuum cleaner. lol. Hey,,,,, I was out of the house playing so it's all good

Cleveland

Does dreaming of playing count? I doubt it, so I'm living vicariously through your scores. It'll be warm again sometime in Indiana!

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Haven't posted in this thread for ages. For good reason, no rounds worth posting about since end of May. Broke my foot in early June, two month layoff, came back and lousy, lousy golf since. The GolfTec lessons were helping me hit lots of quality shots, but couldn't get rid of the round killing shots and the short game and putting were also pretty lousy. Only 6 rounds out of 30 after my return in August were in the 80s and then just barely. Index ballooned from 11.8 to 16.4. December's rounds were 99,92,96,94,93,94. 7 to 10 doubles a round.

Switched instructors in early Dec., to a local guy who works with several Tour players. First lesson, changed my right hand grip completely, told me to come back in 4 weeks after I got comfortable with it. Had the next lesson on Wednesday. Two significant changes, one on takeaway, other on setup. Hit one practice bucket on Thursday to try to get a feel for the changes.

Played yesterday in our regular game on the Valley, expecting nothing out of the round, as rounds after lessons tend to be terrible. Well, bogied the first two holes, then egad! So that's what a golf swing is supposed to feel like! All of a sudden, I was hitting good shot after good shot. Parred the next seven holes with a birdie tossed in for a 37 on the front! Slowed down a bit on the tougher back, tugged a couple, left one in the sand and hit a couple of dead solid perfect shots over the green. But managed to finish par/birdie for a 42 and a 79 for the round!

I hadn't broke 80 this century! Absolutely no mishits after the second hole. The lesson really clicked! I'm back to being stoked about golf! Hope it continues...

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Haven't posted in this thread for ages. For good reason, no rounds worth posting about since end of May. Broke my foot in early June, two month layoff, came back and lousy, lousy golf since. The GolfTec lessons were helping me hit lots of quality shots, but couldn't get rid of the round killing shots and the short game and putting were also pretty lousy. Only 6 rounds out of 30 after my return in August were in the 80s and then just barely. Index ballooned from 11.8 to 16.4. December's rounds were 99,92,96,94,93,94. 7 to 10 doubles a round.

Switched instructors in early Dec., to a local guy who works with several Tour players. First lesson, changed my right hand grip completely, told me to come back in 4 weeks after I got comfortable with it. Had the next lesson on Wednesday. Two significant changes, one on takeaway, other on setup. Hit one practice bucket on Thursday to try to get a feel for the changes.

Played yesterday in our regular game on the Valley, expecting nothing out of the round, as rounds after lessons tend to be terrible. Well, bogied the first two holes, then egad! So that's what a golf swing is supposed to feel like! All of a sudden, I was hitting good shot after good shot. Parred the next seven holes with a birdie tossed in for a 37 on the front! Slowed down a bit on the tougher back, tugged a couple, left one in the sand and hit a couple of dead solid perfect shots over the green. But managed to finish par/birdie for a 42 and a 79 for the round!

I hadn't broke 80 this century! Absolutely no mishits after the second hole. The lesson really clicked! I'm back to being stoked about golf! Hope it continues...

Atta boy that's they way to get er done!

Cleveland

Saturday: 41/50:91 with a birdie on par 5 #8. Scattered rain throughout.

Today: 11:30 tee time 46*.....I shot twin 47's......ugh. Great drives screwed up by approach irons too short.

Saturday: 41/50:91 with a birdie on par 5 #8. Scattered rain throughout.

Today: 11:30 tee time 46*.....I shot twin 47's......ugh. Great drives screwed up by approach irons too short.

The good stuff is coming soon buddy...  ;)  I started out 2017 with a couple of boner rounds and yet I feel like I ready to throw in a really good one soon.

Cleveland