TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

News around town is there are a few clubs opening around Minneapolis this weekend. Can I find the time to get there?

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

It was difficult to dial back my tempo into a hit and wait for both rounds of the tournament. We we behind the Flat Bellies groups and we played to a 5 1/2 hour round both days. I know this destroyed some folks that routinely play fast. I know I lost concentration at times then when it was finally my turn to hit, I screwed up. Why is it that when the Club Championship comes around, pace of play goes out the window and play grinds to a halt? Does this happen to other Club Championships? BTW, since we host a number of winter residents, our Championship has always been in the winter.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Yes it does. It happens at every club that I've ever been a member at.

I finally played yesterday. after nearly a month off. I shot 83 with quad and a triple. I'm actually quite happy though as I found something and played great golf from 6-17. The something was called the proper tempo. I don't recall the last time that it seemed so effortless to hit golf shots. I've been chasing that for two years quite frankly. I was 3 over in that stretch. That would put me on pace to shoot in the mid to high 70's. That equates to a low handicap on a course tgats 72.7/134.

On the down side I was an absolute train wreck in the traps. I need to get to the short game area after church tomorrow. :)

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Still snow on the ground but doing a little Sunday putting with the little man. attachicon.gif20170212_110431

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Awesome!  Got one of those putting greens for XMas.  Lotta fun!  You're little man looks good.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Played Indian Peaks today, fun track with incredible views of the Rockies. Ugly double from the middle of the fairway on #1. Worked it back to even through #17 and finished level. 12/14 fairways, 15/18 greens. Left half a dozen birds out there but pleasantly surprised how well the suspect shoulder feels after a full loop.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Played Indian Peaks today, fun track with incredible views of the Rockies. Ugly double from the middle of the fairway on #1. Worked it back to even through #17 and finished level. 12/14 fairways, 15/18 greens. Left half a dozen birds out there but pleasantly surprised how well the suspect shoulder feels after a full loop.

Nice shooting DLK!  I've give my left gonad to play that well :unsure: 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

50 Players today at Pebble Creek......I shot 41/45:86..... I just about bogied my way around the back nine today after a good front nine.

Weather was georgeous with Temp in low 70's(we played from 8 AM to 12.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Today I was able to get out and walk 9. It felt SO good! I haven't played in almost two months due to the job change and training. I hit the ball well, and I was burning the lips of the cups with my new Edel! I just gotta get my speed down with it. It was about 71* and overcast with a very slight breeze. I had the whole front 9 to myself and really enjoyed walking and listening to some 80's R&B!!!! Great day.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I got to play early this morning - been awhile since we finished 18 before lunch! Cooler to start, but good for February.

Not sure why, but my tempo was off - basically rushed on most of my round. I caught myself and played well for a bit, then fell back to the crap... several times... salvaged an 87, but with 3 balls in the water and only 4 GIR!

Tomorrow, I will hopefully regain my focus...

I played the first round of the season yesterday. The course was so crowded that it was a 10 minute wait on every hole.

I shot +4 on the front. The back started out Okay with 2 pars and a bogey, then........... the wind picked up and the temp dropped enough that I was cold. That, and Just getting tired from all the waiting, my attitude went south and I ended up + 15 on the back. It was a 5.5 hour round..... ridiculous!

Shot a 43/42:85 today. Gamed the Wilson Triton today and blasted every drive....best was 230! Had some issues chipping. Weather was absolutely gorgeous mid 70's.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Played early with the first morning dew on the greens that I've seen in awhile.

39/42:81 - focus was on tempo, which was better, but I lost it a few times.

88= Pinehurst #2 from the back set of tees. Had an amazing time.

WOW!  Awesome... can't wait for the pics.  :)

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

ugh....so frustrating... unseasonable 59 today but still 8 inches of snow on the ground **slowly** melting away....

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

I just want to say I hate my short game.  Shot 35/39=74 but had a double after chunking 2 chip shots on a hole.  I practice and seem to do fine on the practice greens,  but when I have to execute on the course i end up with chunked shots.  So frustrating!!!!!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I just want to say I hate my short game.  Shot 35/39=74 but had a double after chunking 2 chip shots on a hole.  I practice and seem to do fine on the practice greens,  but when I have to execute on the course i end up with chunked shots.  So frustrating!!!!!

I resemble those shots!  Still a very nice score.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I resemble those shots!  Still a very nice score.

Thanks.  It really was a good day.  I only missed one fairway and that was by about 2 feet.  I hit 11 greens and had 28 putts with only 11 on the front side.  I did hit one OB on the front.  Everything worse than par was directly the result of a bad chip/pitch shot.    i need to start going to the course and work on my short game or maybe even take another lesson.  I think i have tweaked with the swing so much that I am just making everything worse.  

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Thanks.  It really was a good day.  I only missed one fairway and that was by about 2 feet.  I hit 11 greens and had 28 putts with only 11 on the front side.  I did hit one OB on the front.  Everything worse than par was directly the result of a bad chip/pitch shot.    i need to start going to the course and work on my short game or maybe even take another lesson.  I think i have tweaked with the swing so much that I am just making everything worse.  

I firmly believe that we all need to have a coaches point of view periodically.  They can see things for what they are, while we think we are doing it perfectly.  haha   

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

36 holes today! Started in the rain, then it cleared off and turned out to be a nice day.

I got my tempo back under control, and shot an even 80 both rounds.

Highlight of the day was the first round on #8 (our par 3 signature hole). It runs along side a lake - anything short, left, or long is in the water. Right is on a hillside. It measured 127 to the pin today, with a 2 club wind straight in our face. Hit it to 4 inches.

2nd time around, the wind had died down, and sad but true, I was a little upset with my shot leaving a 6 foot birdie putt. ;)

Thanks. It really was a good day. I only missed one fairway and that was by about 2 feet. I hit 11 greens and had 28 putts with only 11 on the front side. I did hit one OB on the front. Everything worse than par was directly the result of a bad chip/pitch shot. i need to start going to the course and work on my short game or maybe even take another lesson. I think i have tweaked with the swing so much that I am just making everything worse.

Is it safe to say the turf is a little sloppy in your neck of the woods this time of year? It definitely is at my course. I used to exclusively play a steep, edge down, high spin short game. And when that was my only system I would have a lot of trouble with mushy turf. I have since learned to use the bounce more and get kinda shallow and splashy with a mushy lie for example.

On the mental side, unless there is danger lurking long, I try to commit to a target 3 feet beyond the hole any time the lie is less than ideal. You're much more likely to accelerate through impact and make quality contact. If it comes out a little dead due to the suspect lie, you still end up close to the hole.

Finally, you already said it, practice exclusively non-preferred lies and you will be amazed how fast your short game improves. Falling in love with my short game practice (no $$$ for green fees) over one Summer, took me from putt 'em out 75 to 70 and kept it there for 5 years with minimal maintenance.

BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS

Is it safe to say the turf is a little sloppy in your neck of the woods this time of year? It definitely is at my course. I used to exclusively play a steep, edge down, high spin short game. And when that was my only system I would have a lot of trouble with mushy turf. I have since learned to use the bounce more and get kinda shallow and splashy with a mushy lie for example.

Definitely mushy. Even with high bounce wedges I can dig and go under the ball due to the wet ground. Other bad shots are when the ball is sitting on top of the dormant Bermuda; totally miss the ball on some of those and the dreaded stoping of the hands that leads to a chunk or skull across the green.

I do practice. I just haven't been able to bring the necessary consistency to the course Fortunately I know this is my weak area; just need more time to practice. The nice thing is that it is possible to practice in the backyard.

74* is February? Yes. Please. May I have some more of that?  After a soggy and sloppy Saturday round where I was still struggling to swing through the ball with discomfort from the broken rib that was only 16 days old, Monday was a completely different experience.  16 strokes better type different.  For the first time since breaking the rib, I could setup and swing through the ball like I expected to.  Distance isn't quite back, back rotation is close.  

For February, the course conditions are fantastic. The greens are starting to look good, and after all the rain, surprisingly fast.  Had an 85 yard wedge shot spin back, up hill about 12 feet type of fast.

Felt good.  First round that really didn't go off the rails at some point in a few months.  Now to keep the momentum going.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

I had an interesting weekend of golf that was mostly about lip outs and horseshoe putts  <_>

Saturday was the my first tournament of the year and me and my partner played alright. Not great and not bad. Ended up shooting 63 and had a 3 way tie for 1st place. I figured they would do a scorecard playoff so I went and drank a few beers and ate lunch. I came back outside to find out that we were having a playoff down the 18th hole which is visible to the clubhouse/patio.

Ended up hitting my tee ball in the water and so did my partner so needless to say we finished 3rd  :lol:

Sunday I almost hit my first hole in 1 EVER.... On a par 4 to boot! lol The tee box was moved up to around 300 yards on the 8th hole of my current home course and I pulled 3 wood (long is beyond dead). Hit a nice high, 2 yard draw that disappeared over the hill. When I got to the top of the hill, my partner was freaking out and I saw why soon after. I had a tap in eagle putt  B)

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I had an interesting weekend of golf that was mostly about lip outs and horseshoe putts <_>

Saturday was the my first tournament of the year and me and my partner played alright. Not great and not bad. Ended up shooting 63 and had a 3 way tie for 1st place. I figured they would do a scorecard playoff so I went and drank a few beers and ate lunch. I came back outside to find out that we were having a playoff down the 18th hole which is visible to the clubhouse/patio.

Ended up hitting my tee ball in the water and so did my partner so needless to say we finished 3rd :lol:

Sunday I almost hit my first hole in 1 EVER.... On a par 4 to boot! lol The tee box was moved up to around 300 yards on the 8th hole of my current home course and I pulled 3 wood (long is beyond dead). Hit a nice high, 2 yard draw that disappeared over the hill. When I got to the top of the hill, my partner was freaking out and I saw why soon after. I had a tap in eagle putt.

When are we going to get our first ace? I've had 20+ quite literally hanging over the lip and (4) Par 5 double eagles over that past 10 years. Kind of like your situation, I made 3 on the par 4, 4th at the Bandit after hitting my 1st tee ball OB. Yep, that happened. I don't think I'll ever make one.

When are we going to get our first ace? I've had 20+ quite literally hanging over the lip and (4) Par 5 double eagles over that past 10 years. Kind of like your situation, I made 3 on the par 4, 4th at the Bandit after hitting my 1st tee ball OB. Yep, that happened. I don't think I'll ever make one.

Good lord man lol Making a 3 after going OB. Now that's impressive! 

I've never had an albatross or a hole in one. I make a large amount of eagles and birdies but never either of those. 

It'll happen for us one day man. Most likely when nobody is around and we are playing like shat haha

Good lord man lol Making a 3 after going OB. Now that's impressive!

I've never had an albatross or a hole in one. I make a large amount of eagles and birdies but never either of those.

It'll happen for us one day man. Most likely when nobody is around and we are playing like shat haha

Definitely my weirdest birdie. It's a really tight 340ish par 4. Hit a decent 3 iron on my first tee ball, but it clipped the path and kicked straight right OB. So now I'm thinking hit the dog up there far as possible for a scrambling bogey. Cold rope one over the hill but we can't see the front of the green where the hole is located. Looked for it everywhere but the hole for 5 minutes, about to walk back to the tee when my teammate looks in the cup and says, "You were playing a Titleist 3 with blue ink right?"

Definitely my weirdest birdie. It's a really tight 340ish par 4. Hit a decent 3 iron on my first tee ball, but it clipped the path and kicked straight right OB. So now I'm thinking hit the dog up there far as possible for a scrambling bogey. Cold rope one over the hill but we can't see the front of the green where the hole is located. Looked for it everywhere but the hole for 5 minutes, about to walk back to the tee when my teammate looks in the cup and says, "You were playing a Titleist 3 with blue ink right?"

haha that's pretty awesome. I would venture to say you are in small company there. 

41 + 47 = 88

Wheels came off on 13 and I couldn't right the .

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

haha that's pretty awesome. I would venture to say you are in small company there.

Everybody that knows my albatross stats says I'm karmically precluded from ever bagging an ace. It's hard for me to disagree.