Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played a ABCD "Texas Scramble", it was a blast, we had a guy that got 1 stoke on every hole, we read his putts for him and he made a lot, we posted 5 eagles, and finished -19, but easily could have been -24. It was crazy. We came in second place for the day. Good times

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Foz. Your math needs work.

Oooops! I meant 85.....

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Today we had a 5some all playing to our handicaps. So we threw $10 into the pot and finished as follows: 3 way tie for first at 71 then a 2 way tie for 4th at 72! I had a 71

I Love this game!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Another odd weather day...

Started this morning in the high 30's and snowing - guy at the clubhouse asks "sure you don't wanna wait until it stops snowing?" The answer was "It's an outdoor sport - can I have a cart key?" Shot a 41 on the front 9.

Snow had ended and the sun came out by the time we hit the back 9, sending temps to the high 40's. I hit 2 balls OB and carded a 45 on the back.

86 overall is ok for me - just disappointed in a few things that really went south on the back.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

another solid round this week.  40/39 but finished with 3 consecutive bogeys.  Hitting the ball well off the tee and also solid with the irons.   Still having short game struggles...some are hit well,  some are fat, and some are thin.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I shot 76 by avoiding this.....

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

It was a cold, rainy day... 37* with a 10 mph wind but we played anyway.  Not many people out today; I wonder why?  This picture was taken from the #7 tee looking across the water/ice to the approach to the #9 green, a par 5.  There is still ice on most of the pond, and yesterday I counted over 2 dozen balls on the ice.  The ice has melted a little since then and many of them sunk, but you should still be able to see a few out there!

IMG_0651 (1).jpg

I managed to shoot 85 today and only hit 3 greens in regulation.  It seemed like all the clubs from the top of my bag only wanted to go my 6i distance... well except for my 6i which was less.   :blush:   It could have been a lot worse; it seems like when I was close to the green, my SCORs worked pretty well.  Saved a bunch of shots.  If I had putted halfway decent, it would have been a good scrambling round, but I'm happy with many of those shots.  

My highlight was a bogey on the par 5 #18.  I hit driver, 7i, 50*, 50*, 50*, 50*.  It went like this:  Poor drive short down the middle.  No shot around the big tree at the dogleg, so hit a 7i... poorly into a fairway bunker up against the lip.  Grabbed my 50* and got out but my ball went into a grass bunker on the downslope.  Hit the 50* around the dogleg to middle of the fairway which happened to end up at my yardage for... you guessed it, my 50*.  The pin was front left, and I hit my 50* about 20 feet from the pin but off the green.  Chipped in with my 50* for bogey!  So why did I use my 50* so many times.  Well, I had grabbed the 50* to get out of the fairway bunker while my wife drove the cart to her ball.  Since I didn't hit it very far out of the bunker, I walked to my ball and found the lie wasn't very good so I used the 50* again, and kept walking.  We met up in the fairway, but I already had the correct club.  I walked all the way to the green where I chipped in.  Not a bad bogey; I've made worse on this hole!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

first chance on an indoor simulator today.  quite...um.... different.

You couldn't really tee the ball up because of the mat they used so my drives were all over the place.

I'm not sure what launch monitor they were using but I was hitting shots 10-20 yards further than I normally do.  This took some getting used to.  Maybe this was done to make up for being unable to hit a driver???

Thankfully the putting was set to automatic so all you had to do was get it on the green.

Played Torrey Pines and managed to shoot an 82 without really hitting a fairway off the tee.  LOL!

The place is trash. 

It's in a really old warehouse that probably still has asbestos. ::seriously::

They cheaped out on the mats and the only "mat" section was a 2'x4' strip where you placed the ball.  The section where you stood was plywood "covered" by a thin green carpet.

Couldn't get any footing and was slipping on nearly every shot.

They crammed 3 hitting "bays" in there somehow and if you hit a shot too hard or too high the ball would ricochet off and go over to the other bay.  Had to apologize a couple times.

I got a good deal on a groupon (2 hours for 29.00) and ... amazingly ... they had good reviews.  I suppose people around here are desperate in the winter and there aren't many other simulator places around.

Bummer - cause I woke up (after 3 record setting February temperature days) anxious to get out and play for real as a course near me sent an email saying "we're open!".... but it was 28 degrees with a 15-20 mph wind.

Can't wait until I can get on the course for real!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I've got that shot! ;)

Sadly the pin was about 90 feet away. This guy, we'll call him Scott, had so much trouble with the wind today. Its was gusty and swirling much like you saw at the Honda.

On 8 he had 150 and his 8 iron went well off the back. On 9 going on much the same direction with the same yardage his 9 iron came up 20 yards short. On 18 he had 165, hit 8 and came up woefully short again. All were well struck.

It was the kind of day where you could be down wind on the right side of the fairway and into it on the left.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Bayou is certainly tough in the wind, but I think it's plenty challenging without wind.

I've learned how to manage my way around it so that if I'm hitting the ball well I can score a bit.

But there seemingly is trouble lurking everywhere and you don't often get away with marginal shots.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

first chance on an indoor simulator today. quite...um.... different.

You couldn't really tee the ball up because of the mat they used so my drives were all over the place.

I'm not sure what launch monitor they were using but I was hitting shots 10-20 yards further than I normally do. This took some getting used to. Maybe this was done to make up for being unable to hit a driver???

Thankfully the putting was set to automatic so all you had to do was get it on the green.

Played Torrey Pines and managed to shoot an 82 without really hitting a fairway off the tee. LOL!

The place is trash.

It's in a really old warehouse that probably still has asbestos. ::seriously::

They cheaped out on the mats and the only "mat" section was a 2'x4' strip where you placed the ball. The section where you stood was plywood "covered" by a thin green carpet.

Couldn't get any footing and was slipping on nearly every shot.

They crammed 3 hitting "bays" in there somehow and if you hit a shot too hard or too high the ball would ricochet off and go over to the other bay. Had to apologize a couple times.

I got a good deal on a groupon (2 hours for 29.00) and ... amazingly ... they had good reviews. I suppose people around here are desperate in the winter and there aren't many other simulator places around.

Bummer - cause I woke up (after 3 record setting February temperature days) anxious to get out and play for real as a course near me sent an email saying "we're open!".... but it was 28 degrees with a 15-20 mph wind.

Can't wait until I can get on the course for real!

That's too bad. I used to play on a SIM when I lived in Sheboygan every other week in a league. The place was very nice. Putting and chipping were weird. We also had a place with a SIM here. I used it for the LM on their range. It was a great place but predictable it went OOB. Indoor golf center? Florida? Not a great business model.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Got to play TPC San Antonio Oaks course from the Tiberon tees.  (a.k.a TPC tees, BIG BOY tees) 7435 yards.  The course 90% in tournament condition hosting the PGA Tour Texas Valero Open.  I ESCAPED with a 90.

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Got to play TPC San Antonio Oaks course from the Tiberon tees.  (a.k.a TPC tees, BIG BOY tees) 7435 yards.  The course 90% in tournament condition hosting the PGA Tour Texas Valero Open.  I ESCAPED with a 90.

How'd you get on the TPC course?  Is it open to the public?

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

How'd you get on the TPC course?  Is it open to the public?

It's open to the public ....  Also Buddy of mine also works for JW Marriot

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

It's open to the public ....  Also Buddy of mine also works for JW Marriot

After traveling for 35 years and mostly staying at Marriotts, I feel like I own part of it.  I'm lifetime Gold, but have used a bunch of points since I retired.  I'm down to about a half a million.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Got to play TPC San Antonio Oaks course from the Tiberon tees. (a.k.a TPC tees, BIG BOY tees) 7435 yards. The course 90% in tournament condition hosting the PGA Tour Texas Valero Open. I ESCAPED with a 90.

I refuse to play TPC San Antonio this time of year because the wind almost always blows opposite of how Norman designed it to play for the PGA Tour stop. They have audio of him previewing each hole on the GPS system and offering strategic advice that makes absolutely no sense with opposite wind. Trying to score on that track over the Winter is futile.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

I refuse to play TPC San Antonio this time of year because the wind almost always blows opposite of how Norman designed it to play for the PGA Tour stop. They have audio of him previewing each hole on the GPS system and offering strategic advice that makes absolutely no sense with opposite wind. Trying to score on that track over the Winter is futile.

I ABSOLUTELY hate the Greg Normal Hole preview !!!!!!  Wind was dead that day, problem was the LONG approach shots, greens putted like concrete, wrong side of the hole and you are DEAD.  Course was in IMMACULATE condition. !!!!

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

After traveling for 35 years and mostly staying at Marriotts, I feel like I own part of it.  I'm lifetime Gold, but have used a bunch of points since I retired.  I'm down to about a half a million.  

You should come down and use some of those points down here.  The JW Marriot at this place took it to another level.

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

You should come down and use some of those points down here.  The JW Marriot at this place took it to another level.

I would love to.  I thought about staying a few extra days in April but that weekend the pros are playing there.  Used to spend a lot of time at the JW Marriott in Las Vegas.  Played both TPC courses there.  

I would love to.  I thought about staying a few extra days in April but that weekend the pros are playing there.  Used to spend a lot of time at the JW Marriott in Las Vegas.  Played both TPC courses there.  

let me know when you come down next.........  

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I ABSOLUTELY hate the Greg Normal Hole preview !!!!!! Wind was dead that day, problem was the LONG approach shots, greens putted like concrete, wrong side of the hole and you are DEAD. Course was in IMMACULATE condition. !!!!

I played the Tiburon tees last trip out there. Hit it great, only missed one fairway and carded a smooth 81. Even after a great drive the beefy par 4s still leave 3w-4i approaches, especially playing with a North wind. And like you said, if you're not consistently on the correct green segment, you can expect a 40+ putts kinda round. The only silver lining, made a really good birdie on 9 (the hole Kevin Na took 16 swats to complete).

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

I played the Tiburon tees last trip out there. Hit it great, only missed one fairway and carded a smooth 81. Even after a great drive the beefy par 4s still leave 3w-4i approaches, especially playing with a North wind. And like you said, if you're not consistently on the correct green segment, you can expect a 40+ putts kinda round. The only silver lining, made a really good birdie on 9 (the hole Kevin Na took 16 swats to complete).

That is a great score form those tees.  Long approach shots took you scoring irons out of play, with the ability to stop the ball on the green at the right level.  I kept leaving the ball above the hole with multiple breaks.  My only birdie was on the par 3 16 with the sand trap in the middle of the green   It was playing 182, with the pin tucked behind the trap.  Dumped a 6-iron in the trap,then holed a short sided 2nd.  Its a great course .......

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

This weather... back to 72 today. (We started off the front 9 with snow on Sunday)

No complaints, aside from the difficulty of dialing in distance.

I did ok for flying several greens, short game saved me - 40/39:79

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Not great, yesterday I shot a 42/46:88. Too many mistakes, approach shots just short of the green, skilled chips, etc. I did have a CTP but it was Canceled by a closer ball.

Not great, yesterday I shot a 42/46:88. Too many mistakes, approach shots just short of the green, skilled chips, etc. I did have a CTP but it was Canceled by a closer ball.

I love skilled chips!  It's the skulled ones that make me mad.    :D