Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

I love skilled chips!  It's the skulled ones that make me mad.    :D

oops! Sometimes i hate the autocorrect feature.....it was a skulled chip!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

oops! Sometimes i hate the autocorrect feature.....it was a skulled chip!

Hmmmmm   I thought you were saying you had some skills at skulling   :D 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Played after work - 50* and very windy. Shot a 40/38:78.

It was actually fun to change the game plan on a few holes, fly the ball low on almost every shot, and still shoot a good score.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Played a little known course in my knock of the woods.....a course that I used to play regularly 30 years ago....The Abbey at St. Leo University. I shot 42/42:84 with a birdie on the second hole....on a blustery day with 25-30 mph gusts. The elevation changes and the wind made it fun. We left saying we will definitely play there again, even though not much grass in the fairways and very tiny, but nice, greens.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Yesterday was my first round of the year walking 18 holes.  Three of us played; two of us finished; one guy quit after 16 and walked in.  Not a good round... 85; man, my legs are tired!  I need to do more of this!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Took off early this morning, already done and back home. Had a guy in our group that doesn't play often (thankfully)... everyone feels the need to rush while he drags his feet, takes 6 practice swings, looks for his ball, and writes a novel on the scorecard before the cart can move.

Oh well - 84 on a windy day. Slo-mo didn't break 100 as usual, and the other two in the 90's. I felt like a pro! A really impatient, frustrated, pro... ;)

Took off early this morning, already done and back home. Had a guy in our group that doesn't play often (thankfully)... everyone feels the need to rush while he drags his feet, takes 6 practice swings, looks for his ball, and writes a novel on the scorecard before the cart can move.

Oh well - 84 on a windy day. Slo-mo didn't break 100 as usual, and the other two in the 90's. I felt like a pro! A really impatient, frustrated, pro... ;)

:lol:  A few years ago at my old course several of us were playing a fun game.  This one guy that I had played with for years reminds me of your slo-mo.  On the 3rd hole he was way to the left looking for his ball; second shot into a par 5.  The rest of us had hit our second and were about 100 yards down the fairway, and although he found it, he still hadn't hit yet.  I yelled "Pick it up!" ... meaning let's go!  He pick up his ball and walked into the clubhouse.  I never played with him again.    I wasn't disappointed!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My wife and I played on a cloudy, chilly 46* day but we rode in a cart with a cover.  Nice being out of the wind.  Shot an 82; +6/+4 but doubled #18.  First halfway decent round this year.  I can't wait for warmer weather.

Beautiful day for golf, spoiled only by the quality of my game. Played with my daughter, and we both struggled early. I was 5 over after 4 holes, ended up 9 over after an ugly double to finish.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

My wife and I played on a cloudy, chilly 46* day but we rode in a cart with a cover.  Nice being out of the wind.  Shot an 82; +6/+4 but doubled #18.  First halfway decent round this year.  I can't wait for warmer weather.

We played again today, but it was 42* and sunny, with 15-25 mph wind.  Shot an absolutely smashing 47 on the front, but came home in 35 to shoot the same score 82 as yesterday.  At least a good 9 hole score this year.

We did our 2-fer today. Morning round - cloudy and windy, in the mid 50's. Shot an 88...

After lunch, temp got close to 60 and less wind, shot an 83.

46/45 today..my game is coming together in stages. Believe I've figured out the driver off the tee. Hit the vast majority of fairways, now its time to work on the short game. Moving in the right direction though and that's what's important.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

You could say it got a little windy today on the course. Putting was a nightmare. You didn't need to read the green just the wind. Down hill and down wind on a hole and hit a 230 yard 9 iron. Felt like DJ out there until I turned around into the wind and hit a 5 iron from 128. I had to take driver off the deck a couple times which is always fun. I went out expecting to be miserable and ended up having fun.

IMG_0503.PNG

Driver:  :ping-small: G30 9*

Irons:  :callaway-small:  X-Forged 3-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX 2.0 52*

:ping-small:  Glide 58*

Putter:   :taylormade-small: Itsy-Bitsy Spider

Had me a Phil round today. 43/42 for a crazy 85. Hit only 4 fairways with 3 lost balls.

I was spraying my tee shots like a sprinkler. But my scramble game was Tiger worthy.

Without length and luck I'm sure the score would have hit the century mark.

Time to let this round sink in and then forgot about it!

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Had me a Phil round today. 43/42 for a crazy 85. Hit only 4 fairways with 3 lost balls.

I was spraying my tee shots like a sprinkler. But my scramble game was Tiger worthy.

Without length and luck I'm sure the score would have hit the century mark.

Time to let this round sink in and then forgot about it!

Tazz

We need those days. Not only to keep us humble, but to learn how to curve balls over/under and around trees!

First official round of the year was a pretty decent 79. Highlight was a 336 drive on a downwind par 5. It's easy to make birdie when you're hitting PW from the fairway!

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

We played again today, but it was 42* and sunny, with 15-25 mph wind. Shot an absolutely smashing 47 on the front, but came home in 35 to shoot the same score 82 as yesterday. At least a good 9 hole score this year.

Hot damn, Kenneth! That's a salty inward half in the wind, Sir.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

2 over 74 on Saturday that included 2 holes where my playing partners bet me I couldn't make par swinging with one hand. 2 under 70 today; shaky start but turned at 1 under. Putter went cold on the back, all pars minus a 2-putt birdie. Even Steven for the weekend; quiet as a cat burglar.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

Damn it was windy today!

I played 18 with a new (actually old) set of Titleist 690MB's that I just finished building up last night.

They blew my 712's out for sure! The sole grind alone is perfect, and awesome feel/control.

I shot an 82 in high winds - and feel like good scores are in my near future!

After adjusting the lie on my Mizuno/SCOR combo set to 2* Flat, I gamed them in the Tuesday game at Babe Zaharias GC, shooting a 39/43:82, with 2 Birdies, losing a ball in the water on the final hole. I played a Callaway Hex Soft all day, putting in the water on the Par 3, #17. ....so instead of going to the drop zone, I re-teed and planted it 15 feet above the hole. I then proceeded to make the putt for bogey. My Cobra King driver kept me in the fairways all day long and the adjusted irons were very smooth. I had a bit of luck all day long when I had to scramble.

I left work early today, and played by myself (it's sunny, 66*, and not windy - how could I pass that up?)

I also really do love these new (old) irons. 2nd day with them, and they couldn't be better!

Shot 37 on the front, and kept playing par until I came up behind a slow 4-some on 13 and couldn't get around them.

Hurry up and wait led to some bad shots, which ended up 41 on the back.

Still walked out with a 78, but it should have been better.

We played a little Par 3 course today to work on our short games...9 holes, 1100 yards then you play it twice for 18. The cost was $16, the weather warmed up to the low 80's.

I took the honors with a 32/31:63 with 4 Birdies. My buddy Bob shot a 67 with 3 birdies, Al(age 82) shot a 71 with one birdie and Rich(new by) shot a 75 with one birdie.

Hole #7, 107 yards, was birdied twice by me and twice by my buddy Bob. Yep, we cut each other on the same hole both the front nine and the back nine!

This was a nice tune up for my SCORs. We'll be back.

Then it was off to the Wing House for nachos and beer!

Also played a short Par 3 yesterday. Had planned on regulation 9 but got there to find the course jammed with an outing. Worked out, though - I was the only one on the Par 3 so played two balls and tried to work on shorter clubs, mostly 8-9-PW, and One hole is a gap wedge for me and one is a 5i.

Anyway, it was literally 50-50... Mostly one ball was good but the other was generally pushed right. Putting was 50-50, too, even more disappointing... :(

Lotta work to do!!!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I love the little par 3's! You can always find out just how good (or bad) your irons and wedges are.

We have 4 nearby that are part of my membership. 1 is rough, 2 are decent, and 1 is really nice. I love playing at all of them when I get a chance!

In fact, we will usually play 2 or 3 times, and use a different set of tees each time around.

I love the little par 3's! You can always find out just how good (or bad) your irons and wedges are.

We have 4 nearby that are part of my membership. 1 is rough, 2 are decent, and 1 is really nice. I love playing at all of them when I get a chance!

In fact, we will usually play 2 or 3 times, and use a different set of tees each time around.

Yeah, there's another Par 3 not too far away that's pretty good - each hole is a scaled down version of a famous championship Par 3, so each hole is different. Plenty of bunkers, two water hazards plus trees and elevation changes. Lengths vary from 100 to 160, so great practice trying to hit each green.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I shot a 40/44:84 today with one birdie. I took 3rd place plus has a Closest to the Pin(3'11") on the 132 yd #6 Par 3......I gamed the new On Core ELIXR ball today. It was as far as my Snells and pretty sweet around the greens. Handicap is already trending down!

My wife and I played yesterday with another couple that we play with often.  A cool 50* but no wind; it did rain the last 5 holes.  I shot 43/37 for an 80.  I should have been MUCH better.  I lipped out 5 putts; 3 for birdie and 2 for par.  I played my MacGregor irons and I have never hit them better.  I don't move the ball either way very much on purpose, but on #18, I hit a nice low 4i draw under a tree at the dogleg par 5 with bunker and water tight on the right.  I'm close to my first sub-80 round of the year.