Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

This was the first time I've ever heard the Triton in the wild - sound was nothing. It's a different sound from most other drivers, but I don't think I'd described it as loud.

Sometimes those loud things take on a life of their own on the internet. Some guy posted some where that it was so loud his "ears were ringing." Seriously????

It IS a distinct sound, but outside, where it matters, it's not what I'd call loud.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Yeah...I'm sure the sound was exacerbated because we were indoors at the expo too.

The silver section down the middle seems interesting, but I'm sure it's something you could probably get used to.

I remember years ago playing with a guy who had - I think - a Nike driver.  I wouldn't call it 'loud' but when he hit the ball everyone..and I mean everyone...knew it.  :)

Which might be a good thing!!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Stunk it up, which is par for the course for me down here in Florida, but I did manage a couple of birds to take the sting out of the score...not by much though.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Went and walked nine this morning and it went well for me. Started to play another 9 and it was just atrocious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I truly suck at golf ... However if ya want to have a great time let's tee er up and I'll bet the farm a good time will happen !!! 🏌️

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

FINALLY got a chance to hit some golf balls outside!!  

Wasn't actually able to play a round because my local courses aren't open yet, but the club manager let me ride out to a fairway to hit some balls with my 6 iron while he was doing some maintenance.  It will take awhile to get back in golf shape and get consistent swinging, but it was encouraging just to be able to hit balls off real turf. 

Local courses should be open by the time I get back home next week ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Able to get out and get 7 holes in 😂. Very very soupy..lost 4 balls on the first couple holes because they plugged and we just couldn't find them.

The great news was the new putter performed beautifully. Got about an hours worth of practice in before the round (I get off work earlier than the guys I play with) and again I was beyond impressed. No 3 putts at all for the evening which for me is a definite improvement. Looking forward to the rest of the season with this thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Finally, the rescheduled Day #2 of the Pebble Creek Presidents Cup. This was match play day. Team USA was down one point from the best ball and alternate shot games on Day 1, 2 weeks ago. I won my match 5 and 4, and Team USA won the Cup by one point!

It's amazing what happens to your game when it's pressure time.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I shot 45 /39 today which will not win the Masters however I found something on the back side that might make smile for awhile.   Simple hand position on setup did a ton of good for me....    Dayuuummmmmm   I'm pretty pumped for my next round now!

Cleveland

OG- if you found something that saved you 6 per side, you're on a pot of gold- or should I say- cooking with crisco!

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

OG- if you found something that saved you 6 per side, you're on a pot of gold- or should I say- cooking with crisco!

lol yea buddy,,,, I was cooking with Crisco on the back nine :D 

Cleveland

Haven't seen a post of this type on here so I figured I'd start one. Giving us a place to post stories from our rounds.

I played this morning with my cousin, who's just recently signed a golf scholarship, and had a lot of fun as well as saw two things I've never seen before. The first isn't related to golf, really, but course maintenance. They are now foaming the fairways at the local course. I have no clue what it's for, but it's got pink dye in it and they're putting decent sized drops about 4 feet apart and two stripes 10 feet apart, all the way across the fairway. I thought they'd had some vandals come in and TP the fairway when I was pulling in. Never saw that before and I have no clue what chemical is in the foam.

The foam is a spray marker.

Marks boom width and spray pattern, so one can line up on the dot when you turn around for the next pass up or down the fairway. The foam is just soap foam dropped at the outside edges of the boom with the chemical being sprayed between the dots. They sell the foam(er) now but the old pink lanolin hand soap worked best, and is why most of the foamers are pink now too.

I shot a 36/47:83 today and came in second with my handicap......took home $22!

I was in the zone n the front after starting with two bogies, then par, par, par, par, birdie, par, par.

The back nine was totally different with two doubles and a triple....

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

I went out for the first time all week (it's rained hard for 4 days straight...)

Shot a 40/43:83

Not bad for mud ball...

I couldn't make a putt to save my life. I left 2 that hung on the lip. Also, I put 3 in the water, and hand bottom hand slipped off on 3 shots so with this information. I know if 12 strokes that I normally wouldn't take. So first time out, I felt fine.

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Broke 50 on the back 9 for the first time today.  Averaged a 2 putt for all 9. Ball striking is the next target, and down goes 100!  Progress is being made :D 

I truly suck at golf ... However if ya want to have a great time let's tee er up and I'll bet the farm a good time will happen !!!

I've got to get down to GA to join you for a round!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Broke 50 on the back 9 for the first time today.  Averaged a 2 putt for all 9. Ball striking is the next target, and down goes 100!  Progress is being made :D

Congrats on breaking 50 on your back 9!  It's always a grind but well worth it once you start to drop those scores.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Broke 50 on the back 9 for the first time today. Averaged a 2 putt for all 9. Ball striking is the next target, and down goes 100! Progress is being made :D

Let's make it happen!

Cleveland

20170401_110818.jpeg

I know it's April 1st but this CANNOT be real...my level of frustration has reached epic proportions...

Sent from my LG-D851 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

attachicon.gif20170401_110818

I know it's April 1st but this CANNOT be real...my level of frustration has reached epic proportions...

Sent from my LG-D851 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

You're frustrated because you can't play, and I'm frustrated because I did...

Low 40's this morning. Foggy, misty, crappy weather. It has rained most of the week.

We played at an old course that our Great Life membership just took over this year. Never played there when it wasn't dry yet...

Let's just say they have some drainage issues! I've played in pouring rain and stood on firmer ground!

The air was so thick the ball wouldn't fly, the ground was so soft that good contact was impossible, and with all the rain they haven't been mowing much. Top that off with the guys in the clubhouse saying "yeah, he's got them greens rolling like a parking lot out there", and we should have just stayed home.

Only one green in regulation, 2 lost balls, enough 3 putts to make me puke... I realized on the 18th tee that I would need an eagle to stay under 100... I haven't had a 3-digit score in a long time...

Now I understand why the vanity-cappers only play in perfect conditions!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/LibertyBallMarkers

You're frustrated because you can't play, and I'm frustrated because I did...

Low 40's this morning. Foggy, misty, crappy weather. It has rained most of the week.

We played at an old course that our Great Life membership just took over this year. Never played there when it wasn't dry yet...

Let's just say they have some drainage issues! I've played in pouring rain and stood on firmer ground!

The air was so thick the ball wouldn't fly, the ground was so soft that good contact was impossible, and with all the rain they haven't been mowing much. Top that off with the guys in the clubhouse saying "yeah, he's got them greens rolling like a parking lot out there", and we should have just stayed home.

Only one green in regulation, 2 lost balls, enough 3 putts to make me puke... I realized on the 18th tee that I would need an eagle to stay under 100... I haven't had a 3-digit score in a long time...

Now I understand why the vanity-cappers only play in perfect conditions!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/LibertyBallMarkers

Oh no!  That sounds like it wasn't ideal.  Good news is that it only gets better from here!!

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Day one of our league Masters event. Me and my partner are in second going into tomorrow.

We brother n law'd it pretty well. I carded a 39 for the front and 46 on the back so it was up to him to bring us home lol.

Tomorrow's course is tougher and longer and that is just fine with me.

Time for dinner and advil =)

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Today is April 1.  It's the anniversary of my marriage proposal to my wife (a date I can remember  ;)).  On April 2 my wife asked me if I really meant it!!  So today we drove back from visiting my mom on her 88th birthday, and we got home by 3pm.  We have to play golf!  It's what we do.  It's 68*, a little overcast, and no wind.  We get to the course and we had forgotten both my GPS and my wife's laser.  Oh No!  Oh well, let's play the old fashioned way, says I.  

I rarely play well after a long trip (5 hours driving), but I hit the ball OK, not great but OK.  A couple of birdies, a couple of sandy pars, my usual bogeys, and only one double bogey later, I had a nice 79.  I also used a different putter.  I had picked up a new Cleveland Signature Series Belly Putter that was 41" long, and I cut it down to 32".  I then added 100 grams of weight under the grip for counterbalance.  It's an interesting feel, and certainly different than my Boccieri Heavy Putter but I did make some putts.  I think I will keep playing it for awhile.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played 36 yesterday and for being the first rounds of the year, a lot of rust showed in the game :( The driver was hot or cold. I hit some really solid shots but somehow couldn't score.

My irons, which I usually hit straight to a baby draw, decided yesterday that they would be hitting baby fades so I just with it.  

The new Nike putter, which was put into play for the first time yesterday, had a jeckyll and hyde personality between the two different courses.  It didn't seem to help that the first course had greens that were not receptive to wedges as the greens were rock hard and probably rolled at a 11 on the stimp and the second course had just sanded the greens (and no, they didn't tell me that when I booked :( ) so it was running like an 8).

I had one birdie all day and a lot of others on the card.

The weather didn't help either as it was warm (warm being relative as it was maybe low 40's with very little wind) in the AM and unbelievably cold in the afternoon with constant winds blowing and gusting (temps were in the low to mid-30's) .

I think at the end, I was just not focusing and hitting balls as fast as possible to get out of the bitter cold which caused my score to go up.  

I really wish I could of played better but the day was about spending it with my brother golfing so we laughed at the bad shots (and we laughed a lot yesterday, LOL), enjoyed the good shots, and plan on doing another 36 today.  Going to focus more on my game today more so and see if I can go low ;).

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Played 36 yesterday and for being the first rounds of the year, a lot of rust showed in the game :( The driver was hot or cold. I hit some really solid shots but somehow couldn't score.

My irons, which I usually hit straight to a baby draw, decided yesterday that they would be hitting baby fades so I just with it.  

The new Nike putter, which was put into play for the first time yesterday, had a jeckyll and hyde personality between the two different courses.  It didn't seem to help that the first course had greens that were not receptive to wedges as the greens were rock hard and probably rolled at a 11 on the stimp and the second course had just sanded the greens (and no, they didn't tell me that when I booked :( ) so it was running like an 8).

I had one birdie all day and a lot of others on the card.

The weather didn't help either as it was warm (warm being relative as it was maybe low 40's with very little wind) in the AM and unbelievably cold in the afternoon with constant winds blowing and gusting (temps were in the low to mid-30's) .

I think at the end, I was just not focusing and hitting balls as fast as possible to get out of the bitter cold which caused my score to go up.  

I really wish I could of played better but the day was about spending it with my brother golfing so we laughed at the bad shots (and we laughed a lot yesterday, LOL), enjoyed the good shots, and plan on doing another 36 today.  Going to focus more on my game today more so and see if I can go low ;).

MDGolfHacker

At least you are out playing!  That's how I felt after the snow melted.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Yesterday, I shot a smooth 40/40:80 with one birdie on #14. That put me at 28 points, Plus 5 tying for 2nd place with two others(paid $78 each)....the birdie held as a skin paying $41.....total $119!

Yesterday, I shot a smooth 40/40:80 with one birdie on #14. That put me at 28 points, Plus 5 tying for 2nd place with two others(paid $78 each)....the birdie held as a skin paying $41.....total $119!

Atta boy Foz!  

Check out the Jeykll Island thread and see if you can talk to some of them boys down your way to talk this up.....

Cleveland

First round of 2017.

50/41=91 to many 3 putts today on the front 9, started coming around on the back 9.

Also 1st round with the Z945's with KBS stiff, what a sweet feeling club.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

I played 27 holes at my fav 9-hole. It's a par 30 with 3 par 4's on it.

We played a different set of tees each time around, and today was far better than yesterday.

Shot 4 over, 2 over, and 3 over.

...and regained a little dignity after yesterday's disaster! ;)

Brother n law golf was in full effect today. Played good enough to bring home the trophy.

The Sentio putter saved me a few times.

Gotta have a talk with the Clevelands as they didn't show up today lol.

20170402_164002.jpeg

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons