TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

I killed it today! Played a track for the 1st time, Heritage Harbor in Lutz, FL.....shot a 39/43:83 and won the Dot game! Dots are $0.25 apiece and are won in skins, birdies and greenies. I had 21, and the other two had only 2 each. I gamed a Nike rzn white today, losing both of them on the last hole.

Played with my Buddies Bob, Al and Randall

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I killed it today! Played a track for the 1st time, Heritage Harbor in Lutz, FL.....shot a 39/43:83 and won the Dot game! Dots are $0.25 apiece and are won in skins, birdies and greenies. I had 21, and the other two had only 2 each. I gamed a Nike rzn white today, losing both of them on the last hole.

attachicon.gifIMG_0522.JPGattachicon.gifImage1492204760.486172.jpg

Played with my Buddies Bob, Al and Randall

Good on you bruther ! 🏌️⛳️

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Last night I played in my first match of the year for the golf league at my company   Shot a 5 over 41 but had a triple on one of the holes.  Overall my game was pretty good,  blowup hole was caused by two fairway bunker shots that I hit fat.  At that point it was just be aggressive and try to get in for less than triple since that is the max score per hole (I did get the 7).   

Short game is starting to get better. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Much better than yesterday. Which was so-so 50-50 but still wayvtoo many to count....

We (wife and I) went back to Red Hook Golf Club, outside of Red Hook, NY about 2 1/2 hours North of NYC along the Hudson River. Were gonna try a state park course along the river but found out they haven't opened yet :(

Still having trouble getting off the tee cleanly every time (gave myself a LOT of Mulligans!) but started striking the ball mose solidly and consistently. Yea! However, wedge game was weak weak weak .. flubbed a number that I should've had eeeeezee; and still 3-putted way too often... Boo!

But overall feel like am making progress, and looking forward to more

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Had an awful start, doubled the first. Playing with a 16 yo, he started a little better. I was 3 over after 6, at that stage he was 6 under, eagle, birdie, par, birdie, birdie, birdie. He turned 5 under with 2 bogeys.

The back 9 was better for me, bogeyed the last to be1 over that side. The young bloke only managed to par in. I haven't played with him for about 6 months and he's hitting it 35 yards further with driver than when I last played with him.

I finished 4th in A grade, and managed to reduce the handicap closer to where it should be.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Not good here. Windy like no other today. Greens punched Monday/Tuesday.

On the #7 tee box, I realized I was 1 over... by the end of the round, I was 16 over...

Played nine holes Thursday and Friday. Shot 42 Thursday 41 Friday with my wedges being garbage. Thursday had 3 2 chips and a 3 putt poor chip left a long putt to a tough pin. Friday had 4 wedge shots on #1. wedge dump in the water on 5, And 2 chips on 6 and 8.

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

We had to play at a different club today as their was a tournament scheduled that grew too big, so we traveled across the county to Tarpon Springs, Wentworth GC. It is owned by the same company that owns Pebble Creek. Wentworth is a lot harder course, at late notice, (Tuesday) we were able to get 37 players. I shot 46/43:89 and had a skin hold up for $30. Only 4 players made their points.....but we had fun.

Laying two ........made the putt for a birdie and a $30 skin!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

We had to play at a different club today as their was a tournament scheduled that grew too big, so we traveled across the county to Tarpon Springs, Wentworth GC. It is owned by the same company that owns Pebble Creek. Wentworth is a lot harder course, at late notice, (Tuesday) we were able to get 37 players. I shot 46/43:89 and had a skin hold up for $30. Only 4 players made their points.....but we had fun.

attachicon.gifIMG_0527.JPG

Laying two ........made the putt for a birdie and a $30 skin!

I used to know a guy that lived in Tarpon Springs when I just started playing golf.  I played somewhere there, but don't have a clue on the name of the course.

My wife played in the opening Ladies Club scramble this morning, so I had an earlier tee time.  I ended up playing with one local guy and a golf coach from Olympia, WA who was here checking out the course for his kids playing in the WA State championships next month.  He played the tips and the other guy and I played from my normal Blues.  He sure hit the ball faaaar!!  I was +2 on the front, but started to falter on the back and struggled in with a +5 for a 79.

After we finished, I headed back to #14 and followed my wife's team.  They shot 72 with 5 birdies and 5 bogeys.  One player I swear was Mrs. Havacamp!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played a practice round today at a course across the state for an event in May. It was very windy. Didn't get much from the round other than the greens and that was a very good day

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Forgot to brag about my one *great* shot on the second day at Red Hook...

#13 has a blind tee shot towards a large pond on the inside of a dogleg left; with a narrow fairway along the right side of the water (cart path and OB to the right of that).

So I hit an iron to lay up short of the water - which I manage to chunk off the tee, d'oh! - but which somehow manages to roll out anyway to a really good spot in the fairway in front of the water.

So now I have a classic risk/reward situation - a further carry across the water gets you further down the next stretch of fairway and closer to the green, but it's still narrow and there's a fairly steep hill running along the other side opposite the water plus .. a very tall and pretty wide spreading pine guarding the approach line to the green if you dare to get too aggressive.

So I grab the 4 Hybrid which has been (mostly..) working for me, pick out a line, check and re-check my alignment, waggle, remind myself to take my time, and .. POW!

The ball went high and straight and exactly through the gap between that pine on the left and the hillside on the right .. WOW!

Don't know the distance I got out of that hit but it was definitely a record for me with that club, especially considering the tee shot was maybe 140 and I had only a 75 yard fairly straightforward approach left.

Which .. amazingly .. I didn't f*** up and put right into the middle of the green (pin front-right with bunkers nearby).

So two good shots, back to back, but I'm really happy with that hybrid shot over the water and into a narrow target

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

Forgot to brag about my one *great* shot on the second day at Red Hook...

#13 has a blind tee shot towards a large pond on the inside of a dogleg left; with a narrow fairway along the right side of the water (cart path and OB to the right of that).

So I hit an iron to lay up short of the water - which I manage to chunk off the tee, d'oh! - but which somehow manages to roll out anyway to a really good spot in the fairway in front of the water.

So now I have a classic risk/reward situation - a further carry across the water gets you further down the next stretch of fairway and closer to the green, but it's still narrow and there's a fairly steep hill running along the other side opposite the water plus .. a very tall and pretty wide spreading pine guarding the approach line to the green if you dare to get too aggressive.

So I grab the 4 Hybrid which has been (mostly..) working for me, pick out a line, check and re-check my alignment, waggle, remind myself to take my time, and .. POW!

The ball went high and straight and exactly through the gap between that pine on the left and the hillside on the right .. WOW!

Don't know the distance I got out of that hit but it was definitely a record for me with that club, especially considering the tee shot was maybe 140 and I had only a 75 yard fairly straightforward approach left.

Which .. amazingly .. I didn't f*** up and put right into the middle of the green (pin front-right with bunkers nearby).

So two good shots, back to back, but I'm really happy with that hybrid shot over the water and into a narrow target

Makes you want to keep coming back... doesn't it?  Good job!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Makes you want to keep coming back... doesn't it? Good job!

Heck yeah!!!

And, thank you, Sir!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

I hit my driver REALLY well today as she (Callaway Fusion) caught wind that I might be picking up a Titleist 915 D2 to share some bag time with her. My putting was off or I could have been mid 70's easy peasy...     37/42 = 79 today.....

Cleveland

Played as a solo on a completely empty course.Hit a few balls off of each tee working on my new swing.Was swinging so easy that it felt like I was in slow motion.Funny enough i hit one driving iron easily 230 thru the fairway/hit a 190 5 iron/and my longest drive in years at 280

Ish.Amazing how dumping the club way under and swinging 10 mphs in feel makes the ball go

A mile for me.Never swung so easy but yet hit so solid and long.

Keep it in the short stuff

Played as a solo on a completely empty course.Hit a few balls off of each tee working on my new swing.Was swinging so easy that it felt like I was in slow motion.Funny enough i hit one driving iron easily 230 thru the fairway/hit a 190 5 iron/and my longest drive in years at 280

Ish.Amazing how dumping the club way under and swinging 10 mphs in feel makes the ball go

A mile for me.Never swung so easy but yet hit so solid and long.

All about timing and smash factor huh?  Swing easy and hit it far! ;) 

Cleveland

I hit my driver REALLY well today as she (Callaway Fusion) caught wind that I might be picking up a Titleist 915 D2 to share some bag time with her. My putting was off or I could have been mid 70's easy peasy... 37/42 = 79 today.....

Nice round. It's funny you mentioned old clubs earning their keep. My 2 iron did that for me my first round of the year. Tooooo windy for the ugly stick, so me and the 2 iron had a 12/14 fairway day.

- Alan

Nice round. It's funny you mentioned old clubs earning their keep. My 2 iron did that for me my first round of the year. Tooooo windy for the ugly stick, so me and the 2 iron had a 12/14 fairway day.

- Alan

The only thing I use a 2 iron for is rattle snake hunting ;)

Cleveland

All about timing and smash factor huh?  Swing easy and hit it far! ;)

some would say dump under and stuck is what I'm being taught.But for a life over the top golfer like me that feel is just fine.Seeing a ball hook vs a slice is something I can live with for a very very long time.Heck,I wouldn't mind hooking-drawing the ball for eternity

Keep it in the short stuff

some would say dump under and stuck is what I'm being taught.But for a life over the top golfer like me that feel is just fine.Seeing a ball hook vs a slice is something I can live with for a very very long time.Heck,I wouldn't mind hooking-drawing the ball for eternity

haha I'm with ya bruther as I've been a hooker all my life :D 

Cleveland

No wonder why I like you...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

LOL no doubt you were born on the hooker side of things too bro...  :D 

Cleveland

I was a contributor today......posted a 45/49:94.......Ugh!

Just could not strike the ball....drives were fine, approach shots faded off to the right, chips chunked.....

Shot a 38 in the Monday nine team thing. Happy with my new bag setup. Cut down the TPM spalding down to about 33" and added a regular iron grip to it. Rolled it great.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Interesting concept with the regular iron grip.... The round grip feel could be interesting to say the least.

Cleveland