TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Finally started to play on the regular the past month after a few months of not playing every week. Played last two weeks in a men's league skins games. Both times I came away with cash, shooting a birdie and a par that counts as a birdie. On the plus side, it's great to be back. On the downside, my irons are still a huge work in progress.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Played nine yesterday evening. Was really nice out. Hit the ball well. Hopefully do it again today but with the kiddos

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

I was a contributor today......posted a 45/49:94.......Ugh!

Just could not strike the ball....drives were fine, approach shots faded off to the right, chips chunked.....

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

That's been my last four rounds :(.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I'm trying to find the words to describe how bad I played last night and I'm not sure they exist. I've been battling a cold for 2 weeks and it was chilly and windy last night so I had a runny nose the whole time and could never get comfortable. Made 2 pars (one of which was on the 2nd hardest hole on the course) and still put up a monster 53. The one bright spot is that I now have confidence to reach one of our par 5s in 2 with my new 3 wood (545 yards with the first 250-300 uphill and the rest nicely downhill). Overall a night of poo. Onto the next one.

:taylormade-small: R15 10.5 aldila Rogue Silver 60S
:callaway-logo-1: XR 16 3W
:mizuno-small: JPX 825 3H 19°
:taylormade-small: RSi1 irons 4-AW
:callaway-logo-1: MD3 54°
:mizuno-small:  S5 58°
:cameron-small:  X7M

I'm trying to find the words to describe how bad I played last night and I'm not sure they exist. I've been battling a cold for 2 weeks and it was chilly and windy last night so I had a runny nose the whole time and could never get comfortable. Made 2 pars (one of which was on the 2nd hardest hole on the course) and still put up a monster 53. The one bright spot is that I now have confidence to reach one of our par 5s in 2 with my new 3 wood (545 yards with the first 250-300 uphill and the rest nicely downhill). Overall a night of poo. Onto the next one.

We've all been there... Just push through and throw up a good score on your next outing - that will make you forget about that bad round :)

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

1 Eagle, 3 birdies, 1 boggie....

Sent from my SM-N920T using MyGolfSpy mobile app

This would be my score on a few rounds but the "..." would be 7 doubles, 3 triples, 2 others and 1 par, lol

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Played with the kiddos while the wife is away for work. They are starting to learn the game.

It's always fun when you get "hey Dad" right at the top of the back swing. But they will enjoy this forever, and so will I.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

I hate my short game again today!!!! :angry:   Was 4 over for 9 holes but the biggest frustration was being greenside in 2 on a par 5 and walking off the green with a 6 after blading 2 chips and then 2 putting.  Another was a 30 yard pitch that I left 60 feet short and followed up with a 3 putt.   I really need to figure out this wedge issue.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I hate my short game again today!!!! :angry: Was 4 over for 9 holes but the biggest frustration was being greenside in 2 on a par 5 and walking off the green with a 6 after blading 2 chips and then 2 putting. Another was a 30 yard pitch that I left 60 feet short and followed up with a 3 putt. I really need to figure out this wedge issue.

Imagine your tossing a baseball underhand to the spot you want the ball to land. This will help keep your wrists quiet and help your chips.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Imagine your tossing a baseball underhand to the spot you want the ball to land. This will help keep your wrists quiet and help your chips.

It is mostly devoting time to practice. I can execute on the practice green and during the round. It is just frustrating on the few holes that I completely fall apart during the round. Perhaps I just need to get out of my head. On most shots I just walk up and hit the ball and I quickly get over a bad shot. Lack of confidence in the short game has be thinking and taking practice swings and a bad shot tends to carry over between holes.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

It is mostly devoting time to practice. I can execute on the practice green and during the round. It is just frustrating on the few holes that I completely fall apart during the round. Perhaps I just need to get out of my head. On most shots I just walk up and hit the ball and I quickly get over a bad shot. Lack of confidence in the short game has be thinking and taking practice swings and a bad shot tends to carry over between holes.

The old paralysis by analysis gig huh? Yea when I kick my brain in gear on the course my ball striking goes out the window. Yesterday I was pounding the ball like a stud monkey on a banana. My cart buddy made a comment on how smooth my backswing looked and it is something I need to always play with. Well I started thinking about that smooth backswing and I got too slow and all my tempo went up in smoke. I think thinking is only to be done on the range and golfing should be done on the course.

I shot 40 on the front with a double on #9 after my buddy made his atta boy comment on my smooth take away comment. After consciously thinking about the takeaway on the back nine, I came in with a 45. Lucky to get that because my ball striking stunk like a skunk at a farting party. Anyways never ever think about ya swing during play. Well maybe have a waggle or two but then let er go....

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

((.. some stuff snipped ..))

I think thinking is only to be done on the range and golfing should be done on the course.

OG - you're totally correct, of course, and ... I nominate you as the indisputable Honorable Yogi Berra of the group!!!

I re-posted your wisdom into "Favorite Golf Quotes"!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Totally sympathize.... I'm not at your level of play, but do the same dammmed stoopit stuff. I know I can execute nice wedge shots - because I have done it, on different courses and from different situations - but then there are those times when I step in and go ...

..and golfing poo-poo dribbles out....

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

OG - you're totally correct, of course, and ... I nominate you as the indisputable Honorable Yogi Berra of the group!!!

I re-posted your wisdom into "Favorite Golf Quotes"!

Yea I like that caused I liked Yogi. Thanks cuz!

Cleveland

A 39 in low 49 temps with heavy wind. Very happy with the results.Driving the ball laser straight and had 2 birdies.My iron shots were pretty mediocre with 2 shots that I hit thin over the back of the green where bogey was the only outcome.For me to shoot 39 and feel like i left shots out there is a good day

Keep it in the short stuff

I hate my short game again today!!!! :angry:   Was 4 over for 9 holes but the biggest frustration was being greenside in 2 on a par 5 and walking off the green with a 6 after blading 2 chips and then 2 putting.  Another was a 30 yard pitch that I left 60 feet short and followed up with a 3 putt.   I really need to figure out this wedge issue.

One thing that helps me is to put 80% of my weight on my front foot and tilt my left shoulder down.  Little to no wrist hinge on swing and pivot on my lead leg.

Helps me get good contact with the ball almost every time.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Drizzling all day here and mid-forties but I took 1/2 day vacation so I can finish up my wedge testing.

Although the conditions were miserable it was a blessing... I was the only one on a 9 hole executive course so I was able to hit many many shots... drop at specific yardages... take some videos, pics... put some balls in the bunker, etc.

Hopefully I got some good video and photos for my stage 2 review.

Although I didn't keep score I'm pleased with how I hit the ball.  Been watching a number of youtube videos lately (quite of bit of Malaska golf) and was able to fix a few problems.

Can't wait for the weather to clear up so I can start playing for real!

BTW - if you haven't yet, check out Malaska golf on youtube.  He's got some really, really good tips and the videos are short and to the point.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

One thing that helps me is to put 80% of my weight on my front foot and tilt my left shoulder down. Little to no wrist hinge on swing and pivot on my lead leg.

Helps me get good contact with the ball almost every time.

Good advice! I didn't realize it but I was either centered or slightly leaning back on chip shots. No wonder I kept on hitting them fat or blading them. Reviewed some old videos of some golf school lessons I took at OCN, and Phil Mickelsons short game DVD and suddenly I'm hitting decent chips again.

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

The foam balls you saw are a marking system for liquid fertilizer or pesticide applications.  At the end of each of the spray booms the foam is dropped so the applicator can see where he has sprayed, preventing skips or over applications.

Jim, the retired GC Superintendent

Jim the retired Golf Course Superintendent

... After battling a torn labrum and frozen shoulder and just getting to where I could hit a golf ball, I came down with a very nasty intestinal bacteria infection. Lost 17lbs in 5 weeks going from 185 to 168. Long story short the first time out in 7 months and still pretty weak I shot a 78 from the senior tees at 5700 yds. 4 days later and gaining back some strength and a few more lbs I shot a 74 from a different course and the mens tees at 6300 yds. 5 bogies but 3 birdies on the back felt kinda like golf. 

... The old saying is soooooooooo true. If you have your health you have everything. It just feels amazing to be playing again and look forward to more rounds and getting back to 6700 yd courses! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

... After battling a torn labrum and frozen shoulder and just getting to where I could hit a golf ball, I came down with a very nasty intestinal bacteria infection. Lost 17lbs in 5 weeks going from 185 to 168. Long story short the first time out in 7 months and still pretty weak I shot a 78 from the senior tees at 5700 yds. 4 days later and gaining back some strength and a few more lbs I shot a 74 from a different course and the mens tees at 6300 yds. 5 bogies but 3 birdies on the back felt kinda like golf. 

... The old saying is soooooooooo true. If you have your health you have everything. It just feels amazing to be playing again and look forward to more rounds and getting back to 6700 yd courses! 

Sorry to hear about the bacterial infection!  Being sick does put everything else in perspective...

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Crappy 43-39 - it started well with birdie on one but I kept blocking tee shots and couldn't understand why. I got my answer on 12, the screw on my driver had come loose. My friend has the same driver so I used his the rest of the way and was one over the rest of the way. Just tightened the screw back up and should be good to go.

Really didn't do anything well.

Played River Hills in Valrico because Bayou had an outing and one of the guys was driving his car back up to CT. He keeps it down here for the winter because he's primarily in the City and comes down for at least a week each month.

Nice Joe Lee track in not so great shape. It's just been so dry. The good news was that even though we were playing it from 6600 yards long it played shorter than Bayou at 6350. It's all about the par 4's.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Sorry to hear about the bacterial infection!  Being sick does put everything else in perspective...

MDGolfHacker

... Thanks. The roughest part was not knowing what was wrong for almost 4 weeks. Dr, Gastro, Holistic and two ER visits as the pain was so intense and I was so weak and dizzy with zero desire to eat anything. Lots and lots of tests came up negative. It took the Holistic Dr to take a very detailed stool sample and go thru much more intensive testing than the normal stool/blood/EKG/Catscan. Once we knew what it was, some crazy specific and expensive antibiotics got me started and now a regime of supplements to treat the root cause.

... As bad as it was, I am thankful it wasn't something more serious or life threatening. Makes me really appreciate feeling healthy and working hard to stay that way. NOW back to great rounds of golf!

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

IMG_9102.JPG

'nuff said...

Hadn't been able to play most of the week, so we actually endured this twice - 86 and then 84.

http://www.instagram.com/libertyballmarkers

http://www.ebay.com/usr/libertyballmarkers

40 + 43 / 83 today

Company was outstanding and the weather was awesome!

Cleveland

Got out today and actually played golf for a change. Hit about 7 balls on the range and went out to try and beat the rain. Some good holes and some not so good holes but scraped it around at +2 through 13 when the rain really started to come down.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

... Thanks. The roughest part was not knowing what was wrong for almost 4 weeks. Dr, Gastro, Holistic and two ER visits as the pain was so intense and I was so weak and dizzy with zero desire to eat anything. Lots and lots of tests came up negative. It took the Holistic Dr to take a very detailed stool sample and go thru much more intensive testing than the normal stool/blood/EKG/Catscan. Once we knew what it was, some crazy specific and expensive antibiotics got me started and now a regime of supplements to treat the root cause.

... As bad as it was, I am thankful it wasn't something more serious or life threatening. Makes me really appreciate feeling healthy and working hard to stay that way. NOW back to great rounds of golf!

Off topic, and sorry guys, but just wanted to say I find this interesting..

Chisag - you saw several AMA traditional doctors with no answer but then found a solution and relief through wholistic therapy .. just saying in some cases it may be beneficial to keep an open mind.........

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg