TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Been playing really well recently. Was beating my buddy, who has played for 10+ years, yesterday by a couple of strokes. That is until the last hole, where I blew up. Everything is coming together it feels like. My putting has never been better. I cannot remember the last round with a 3 putt, and I feel like that may be one of the strongest parts of my game at the moment. I have the Sigma G Anser to thank for that.

Cannot wait for the rain to pass these next couple of days so I can get back out there.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

No good! Everything was off today. Concentration was woeful, probably the cause of most of my problems.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

No good! Everything was off today. Concentration was woeful, probably the cause of most of my problems.

Ugh.. feel ya, bro ;-)

Working on focusing / concentrating is such an oxymoron that we semi-/quasi-analytical types just cannot handle it for 1 - 1.2 seconds at a time...... :(

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Hit 3 friggin greens today... 3... All on the front. Horshoed 3-4 putts as well to shoot 37/44=81.

Did make an eagle tho so I guess there is that. But overall is the worst ballstriking round I can remember.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Shot a 43/41:84 today and did not win anything! But, I played very consistent.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

My wife was working today, so I waited around until she got off work around 3pm, then we hit the course.  Big mistake!!  The course was jammed on a really nice day.  All carts were out; we finally got one 3 minutes before our tee time.  We were paired with a twosome from out of town, and they weren't very good, but very friendly.  

After an opening birdie, it was all downhill.  My attitude sucks when play is slow.  My wife quit keeping score on hole #5, and we quit after nine holes played in 3 hours 10 minutes.  Playing early tomorrow!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played in our opening member/member this morning and in was interesting. Started out in very little wind and promptly went out and doubled the first two holes. Made birdie on three and eagle in four to get back to +1.....then the winds came. Played the rest of my round in 40 mph winds with gust near 60 mph. Struggled coming in and not even sure where i ended the day but high 70's would be my guess. There were three par 4s on the back dead into the wind that were not even reachable. On 14 I hit hybrid from 215 and came up 10 yards short. Fun day overall and it was great to get out and play. As a plus the HZRDUS Yellow in my 917D3 was an absolute winner. Striped it all day, unfortunately the rest of my game was very rusty.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Had a pretty good day on the course today.  Overall I was happy with the round,  but it should have been better.  Putter was hot and i was chipping/pitching pretty well.   Bad shots were pretty costly and I ended up with 4 doubles,  but had 3 birdies to help offset.   Round was 37-41:78

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

My goal today was to shoot 85. I cruised through the first 6 holes crushing drives and flushing irons. +2 so far. I get to the second par 5 and let's just say it was a dumpster fire. I duck hooked my drive into the woods. I gave myself 5 minutes to find my ball and I couldn't find it even though it didn't go that far in. Went back to the tee box and blocked my third shot to the right in the trees. Tried to hit a knock down 5 iron but caught it thin off of the pine straw and it only went about 50 yards into fairway. Had 207 into the green so went with a 4 hybrid and topped it. Then knocked a 7 iron pin high but off of the green to the right. Chipped on and two putted. My round never recovered after that. It was either par, bogey, or a double. Surprisingly 6 pars but still shot in the 90's. It was very discouraging, but I saw glimpses of progress from the recent hours at the range. Going to get a range session in tomorrow night and then walk 18 on Tuesday. I'm thinking about keeping a sheet with 1-100 on it and diary what each stroke was to give myself some insight. Anyone ever do this?

:cobra-small: King F8 9 deg w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 stiff shaft

:callaway-small:  XR 16 3 Wood S Flex

:cobra-small:  Fly-Z 3/4 Hybrid S Flex

:cobra-small:  King F7 One Length 5-PW S Flex

:cleveland-small:  CBX Wedges 50, 54, & 58 deg wedge flex

:cameron-small:  Select GoLo Putter

My goal today was to shoot 85. I cruised through the first 6 holes crushing drives and flushing irons. +2 so far. I get to the second par 5 and let's just say it was a dumpster fire. I duck hooked my drive into the woods. I gave myself 5 minutes to find my ball and I couldn't find it even though it didn't go that far in. Went back to the tee box and blocked my third shot to the right in the trees. Tried to hit a knock down 5 iron but caught it thin off of the pine straw and it only went about 50 yards into fairway. Had 207 into the green so went with a 4 hybrid and topped it. Then knocked a 7 iron pin high but off of the green to the right. Chipped on and two putted. My round never recovered after that. It was either par, bogey, or a double. Surprisingly 6 pars but still shot in the 90's. It was very discouraging, but I saw glimpses of progress from the recent hours at the range. Going to get a range session in tomorrow night and then walk 18 on Tuesday. I'm thinking about keeping a sheet with 1-100 on it and diary what each stroke was to give myself some insight. Anyone ever do this?

Sounds like it may be worth investing in a shot tracker system. Check in the equipment review threads for some info.

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

Played nine this afternoon with a grand daughter in tow. We had too much fun. I shot 39 on a windy day when I couldn't hole a putt. Nothing over five feet!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

It was really hot today and the fairways are rolling long. Lots of big drives, go figure. Haha

I guess these are the days where people get their "average drives"

Anyways, missed all my eagle putts, as well as most of the birdie putts too ...

Still shot well, my partner shot well too. We got paired up with a couple other dudes who were really good shooters, so it made for a fun day.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

It was really hot today and the fairways are rolling long. Lots of big drives, go figure. Haha

I guess these are the days where people get their "average drives"

Anyways, missed all my eagle putts, as well as most of the birdie putts too ...

Still shot well, my partner shot well too. We got paired up with a couple other dudes who were really good shooters, so it made for a fun day.

Exactly, if only the downwind drives that be been hitting recently were my real average. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Exactly, if only the downwind drives that be been hitting recently were my real average. :)

We were laughing about this on a few holes where we hit drives in the 300 range.

Down wind, 90°, downhill, concrete fairways...

*yawn*.. ho hum, just another 300 yard hit off the toe..

My best hole of the day was a monster drive uphill, with a little draw, left me 80 yard in.

Second shot I fluffed a 60° bout 40 yards into the junk.

Dropped a ball and then hit the wedge again, but pured it this time. I saw that it cleared the front edge of the elevated green, but couldn't see how close it was.

Rolled up to the green and grabbed my putter and walked up the the green to see what I had left.my partner reached into his back pocket and threw my ball to me.

He said It rolled up the backstop, and then rolled back down 15 feet and dropped into the cup, to save par.

Aha!

Of course, I missed seeing it...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

((next)) shot I fluffed a 60° bout 40 yards into the junk.

Dropped a ball and then hit the wedge again, but pured it this time.

Ha, see: golf is easy ...

... just hit your second (do-over) shot, first.......

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Almost Par'ed the first, after a nice tee shot - but par putt grazed the right edge (been doing that a LOT...), though it did go on intended line and the proper distance; then way too many on the next hole; then another Par (oh, ummm, plus a Mulligan ); then ... stopped keeping track ......

Wedge play was way way off but putting overall getting a little better

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Today was my walking round with the guys.  Shot a mediocre 81.  On hole #12 a 153y par 3 over water and sand into a 10 mph wind, one of the guys stuffed it.  The other two missed the green.  Hitting last, I hit my shot straight at the hole.  The first guy hit his to 2 feet behind the pin and he had thought he had KP.  Mine was 4 inches short of the hole.  His response was "Well, at least mine had a chance of going in!"

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I forget who it was but read an article a couple years back on a college kid that wrote about every shot he hit after every round. He would say what went into his shot decision, the result, and how committed he was. Tried it for one round and gave up but hey, interesting idea.

Driver- Taylormade M2 9.5 degree 2016 (Fujikara Pro60 S)

Fairway Wood- Taylormade Aeroburner TP (Oban Revenge 65 S)

Hybrid- Ping G 3 Hybrid (Alta 70 X)

Driving Iron- Taylormade Tour Preffered UDI 3 (KBS Tour V)

Irons- 4-PW Mizuno MP64 (Dynamic Gold S300) Standard length/3 degrees upright

Wedges- Titleist Vokey SM5 52 F12,56 F14

Putter- Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5 Silver Mist edition 

Ball- Prov1X 

Today st The Babe, I shot 39/44:83 with a Closest to the Pin on Par 3 #17, made the birdie...won $28!

Struck the ball well both driver and irons.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

43/42 = 85 today at Monroe CC and I picked up $35.00 at our little blitz today

Big ruccus because I played the senior tees today . We all had voted to play the senior tees except for two people who played the member tees (white). They didn't get the message and bitched when those who played up won some money. I told em to keep the money if that bothered em that much .

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

43/42 = 85 today at Monroe CC and I picked up $35.00 at our little blitz today

Big ruccus because I played the senior tees today . We all had voted to play the senior tees except for two people who played the member tees (white). They didn't get the message and bitched when those who played up won some money. I told em to keep the money if that bothered em that much .

This past weekend, I played with some fellow Spies and others.   I played from the regular (white) tees and the course kicked my butt.   But I never the less had a great time with some good people.   Tomorrow, I play the same course with my senior group and we will play from the senior tees.   So now I feel that I am ready to take my revenge on the course and finish well.

Shot a 79 today (40-39) First time I have shot consecutive rounds in the 70's! Hit 12 fairways in regulation, so my driving was great! But the downside is I only hit 9 greens in regulation.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :cobra-small: F9, Project X Evenflow White T1100, 6.0 

3 wood:  :cobra-small:  F9, Fujikura Atmos blue,

3 hybrid:   :cobra-small:   F7 19.5 degree stiff flex

Irons: 4-pw   :mizuno-small:  JPX 919 KBS C-Taper  Lite shafts

Wedges:   :cobra-small:   King Black 50, 54, 60 degree KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Putters:  Odyssey O-Works  1w 34" w/ Superstroke counterbalanced Pistol GT 2.0 grip

Played a decent 9 today after work. Most of my bad shots came from hitting on a downward slope, I still haven't quite figured out the best way to approach those shots.

attachicon.gifIMG_8989.JPG

Played a decent 9 today after work. Most of my bad shots came from hitting on a downward slope, I still haven't quite figured out the best way to approach those shots.

My course has a lot of those, and it's a hard shot for me.  I am almost guaranteed a downward slope for my second shot on the par 5 #5 hole. Since it's 600y and I can't get to the green, it's best   for me to take a more lofted club.  Easier to get up.

My course has a lot of those, and it's a hard shot for me. I am almost guaranteed a downward slope for my second shot on the par 5 #5 hole. Since it's 600y and I can't get to the green, it's best for me to take a more lofted club. Easier to get up.

That's exactly how our par 4 and the following par 5 are. There's pretty much no way to avoid hitting from a slope. The par 4 is fairly steep and there's a small creek just before the green. It can be a doozy sometimes.

So bad that if I were younger and didn't know that it will pass I'd be talking about quitting.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

So bad that if I were younger and didn't know that it will pass I'd be talking about quitting.

Head on over to the I suck thread and bow ya head

Cleveland

This past weekend, I played with some fellow Spies and others. I played from the regular (white) tees and the course kicked my butt. But I never the less had a great time with some good people. Tomorrow, I play the same course with my senior group and we will play from the senior tees. So now I feel that I am ready to take my revenge on the course and finish well.

Hit them well my friend!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I shot my lowest score to date yesterday. in under 2 years, from my start, I shot an 83 which i am very happy with since i 3 putted 5 times. consistent ball striking, risk management, and getting up and down with my wedges to save par. I'm fired up.

Mizuno MP59 - KBS Tour -standard length and Lie (flex, length/lie)

Nike Vapor Fly - 8.5* Stiff

Right Handed

Buffalo Grove

15 HCP

I shot my lowest score to date yesterday. in under 2 years, from my start, I shot an 83 which i am very happy with since i 3 putted 5 times. consistent ball striking, risk management, and getting up and down with my wedges to save par. I'm fired up.

Get that putting down and you're cooking with Crisco!

Cleveland