Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Get that putting down and you're cooking with Crisco!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Yeah, I made it to the practice green on my lunch break, because I couldn't get the number 78 out of my head. ohhh what could have been.

Mizuno MP59 - KBS Tour -standard length and Lie (flex, length/lie)

Nike Vapor Fly - 8.5* Stiff

Right Handed

Buffalo Grove

15 HCP

Yeah, I made it to the practice green on my lunch break, because I couldn't get the number 78 out of my head. ohhh what could have been.

Over the years I have played with several single digit handicappers where the only difference in our scores was the chipping and putting.  My ball striking tee to green was as good or better at times.  You GOT to have a green side game! It's all about touch and I would get a case of the yips with the short stuff.  Picture Tiger chunking chips right before he took a few months off.   Bingo

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

As I reported previously, yesterday I played at the venue that kicked my butt over the weekend.   The venue has two courses, and we played the other course, yesterday.   However, I am not going to take the cowards way out and use that as an excuse.   While the venue inflicted less pain, I must admit that the course was again victorious.   Yes, the course has won the last two battles, but the war continues.  I will not give up and I will continue to fight because eventually I know I will be victorious and bring the venue to its knees.   

As I reported previously, yesterday I played at the venue that kicked my butt over the weekend. The venue has two courses, and we played the other course, yesterday. However, I am not going to take the cowards way out and use that as an excuse. While the venue inflicted less pain, I must admit that the course was again victorious. Yes, the course has won the last two battles, but the war continues. I will not give up and I will continue to fight because eventually I know I will be victorious and bring the venue to its knees.

Just means you need to join our army and play that venue more ;)

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Played in my league last night. Swung the clubs decent but it was still an up and down round. Had a triple, a double, two bogies, and a bird with the rest pars. Had 4 shots at birdies but only converted one, pared the other two and bogied the other chance. On the double I had, I chipped in from the fringe after running a putt downhill into the rough. So overall I'm pretty happy where my game is heading. That early triple could of derailed my game but I dug in and refocused.

EDIT: Looks like I came in second for net. Woowhoo!

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Played in my league last night. Swung the clubs decent but it was still an up and down round. Had a triple, a double, two bogies, and a bird with the rest pars. Had 4 shots at birdies but only converted one, pared the other two and bogied the other chance. On the double I had, I chipped in from the fringe after running a putt downhill into the rough. So overall I'm pretty happy where my game is heading. That early triple could of derailed my game but I dug in and refocused.

MDGolfHacker

We are golfing warriors, my friend.   While it may on occasion, knock us down, it will never keep us down.

Need a small boat to get around the course today here in IIllinois.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

MDGolfHacker

I hear triple-doubles are good.   :D

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad. I thought it was bad 2 weeks ago, but last night felt worse. I had 0 feel for my swing and every time I set up to the ball I could not get comfortable. I felt too close, too far, too upright, too knees bent. then i started ramming putts and lipped out 2 would be pars. Hopefully I get out this Saturday (supposed to rain all day, maybe) and avenge this sorry display. This was the exact same 9 holes that I played so well last week. I did learn that  K-sigs can go just as far when duffed or pushed as everything else.

:taylormade-small: R15 10.5 aldila Rogue Silver 60S
:callaway-logo-1: XR 16 3W
:mizuno-small: JPX 825 3H 19°
:taylormade-small: RSi1 irons 4-AW
:callaway-logo-1: MD3 54°
:mizuno-small:  S5 58°
:cameron-small:  X7M

I Shot a 2 under 34 and hit 8 greens dead center for 9.Its almost like everything just came together and was working today.Going to take a few weeks off to focus on house projects.Thought this round would was a good way to leave on a good note.

Still can't grasp how one second we got it.And than the next that great feeling just disappears

Keep it in the short stuff

I did learn that K-sigs can go just as far when duffed or pushed as everything else.

😂😂 hang in there. This game can push you to the brink of insanity :) Your game will come around. If it's getting really bad, go see a local pro or stop playing for a week or two to clear out your mind and swing thoughts. I had a month like this where I couldn't hit the ball correctly to save my life. Took off a few weeks and saw a teaching pro (of course I was hitting them OK when I saw him, lol).

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

I Shot a 2 under 34 and hit 8 greens dead center for 9.Its almost like everything just came together and was working today.Going to take a few weeks off to focus on house projects.Thought this round would was a good way to leave on a good note.

Still can't grasp how one second we got it.And than the next that great feeling just disappears

Nice, congratulations on a nice round!

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Nice round, mate! I'm the opposite of you, every time I shoot a good round, I'm more anxious to get back out there and play another.. I get a feeling that I'm "hot."

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Over the years I have played with several single digit handicappers where the only difference in our scores was the chipping and putting.  My ball striking tee to green was as good or better at times.  You GOT to have a green side game! It's all about touch and I would get a case of the yips with the short stuff.  Picture Tiger chunking chips right before he took a few months off.   Bingo

I couldnt agree more. I just finished reading dave pelz putting bible and started on the short game bible, trying to take in as much as I can. Thats where I've been focusing most of my practice recently. I played again yesterday, and again my putting  was trash... missed a 4 foot putt on a steep downhill for birdie on 2 and it got in my head for sure. I think my lag putting and green reading needs some significant work, left myself with too many second putts from 5-6 feet. Also chunked a couple shots with the wedges that cost me bigtime.

I might order a tent from amazon and just camp out at the short game practice area. 

I also just bought some stuff from ace hardware, to make a diy Navigator Putting aid because 50$ is blasphemy.  If it works out I will try to make a post on how I did it.

Right Handed

Buffalo Grove

15 HCP

Played 9 today and .. as golf goes .. my game sort of flip-flopped from the typical: made solid contact on the tee shots - except for the two short Par 3s! - but OTOH could not hit one wedge shot solidly nor properly nor straight....

Typically I duff the tee shots and then have to scramble / recover.

The other positive note is putting seems to keep improving .. albeit slowly. Still have a few mis-hits, a few mis-reads, a few mistakes in distance, but .. overall some improvement.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Played a round pain free. Rare for me these days. It helps that weather was warm.

73 on tough track. 73.3 rating 141 slope. 6665 yards. Johnny Miller design. 3 birdies 4 bogies. Two 3-putts. 15/18 greens.  Greens were perfect. Left a few out there . Ball striking is trending up, but putting needs work.  

:taylormade-small:

:titleist-small:

EDIT: Looks like I came in second for net. Woowhoo!

MDGolfHacker

Alright, the game must be really heading in the right direction. I looked at the official league results and discovered that I came in first net not second net as I had originally thought! 😁🎉🎊 psyched and can't wait for next week's league! Now on to work on driving. Wasn't happy with the weak baby draw that I was hitting (turned into a hook on one hole and ended up costing me a double bogey). Congratulations to Carolina Golfer 2 who came in third net!!

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Well I guess I should start contributing to this thread as the season is in full swing.   Shot 47 on Wed night in the same league that MDGolfHacker referenced.  Which is right around my HC. A double on the final hole from 94 yards out cost me two strokes as I ended up in a horrible lie in a green side bunker under the lip.  Actually got out onto the green but 3 putted for the double.

As a result I finished one shot behind MDGolfHacker, which as it turns out may have cost me 1st net.   But two spies taking 1st and 3rd out of a field of 72 is repping MGS pretty well.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

So I played another round (partially anyways) of Player/ Caddy with one of my buds yesterday.

Shot really low again, and my bud got a rare round in the 70's. and he envisions the beginning of a streak of more.

Just spending a few moments before each shot, talking about what you really should do, makes the mind clearer about what your shot is going to do.

Shave a stroke here, and there. Don't have that "blow-up" hole. Minimize mistakes. Don't try the miracle shots all the time, maybe just half the time, and recognize the situations when it's really a bad time to try that.

Remember, half the game is mental...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Good round today that could have been great.  Have been real confident in the swing, particularly the irons, lately.  We had our first heavy rain in 3 months last night so it was cart paths only. Plus had the strong post-front breezes.  15 to 20 mph out of the west all day long.  But front nine was great.  7 pars, one bogie, one double (damn balloon drive into the wind that hit the car path and bounced 6 inches ob). Continued for first two four holes of back nine. Then with five holes into the teeth of the increasingly strong wind, started trying to adjust the swing to compensate for the wind.  Not a good move.  Lost the rhythm, just kind of meh all the way in.  One water ball double and the rest scrambling bogies.  Think the cart paths only also got to me (I'm out of shape 'cause of tax season).  End result, though, 39-44/83 for a tie for third best round of the year!  

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

It was a beautiful day to shoot an 82. I'm just off right now. Plain old off. :(

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Well I guess I should start contributing to this thread as the season is in full swing. Shot 47 on Wed night in the same league that MDGolfHacker referenced. Which is right around my HC. A double on the final hole from 94 yards out cost me two strokes as I ended up in a horrible lie in a green side bunker under the lip. Actually got out onto the green but 3 putted for the double.

As a result I finished one shot behind MDGolfHacker, which as it turns out may have cost me 1st net. But two spies taking 1st and 3rd out of a field of 72 is repping MGS pretty well.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That was a hell of an out from that bunker with water on the other side of the bunker that you had to worry about!

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Played 9 this afternoon​. Didn't win any awards - Congrats ESP!! Congrats MDGolfhacker!! - but it went pretty well overall, feel like I'm actually​ starting to have a little bit of control over where the ball is going .. .. well, most of the time... ...

Gave myself a few Mulligans on a few tee shots that I topped, and those do-over shots were good. And then I had to take a drop after a low snap hook shot into the woods, which was followed by .. yep .. another hook into the woods....

Ha, well, I didn't say it was ALL good.

Wedges were somewhat better today, but still a.bit messy and two approaches from not too difficult lies came out a little low and bounced on and then through the green. But on the flip side ;-) I did hit them both on a good line - better than my typical way right or way left.

Putting still a work in progress.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Played in 2 captains choice outings this past week, played the strawberry festival outing here in fort mill on Tuesday with 3 guys from church, we all played decent that day and together we shot 57, which tied for second with about 5 other teams, first place was some guys that play in these things together all the time, they shot 53. That is skewed some because of mulligans. Then on Saturday my work hosted their first, hopefully annual, golf outing to raise money for the 4 charities that the company and employees sponser. I played with 2 guys that are probably 20 hcps, they payed well so that helped, I hit the ball incredibly well that day we shot a 65. It was a short course so we were 5 under on the par fives. I was able to reach all of them. So we had 2 other birdies and another eagle along with 2 bogeys, but all in all we played really well, and I came within inches of having a hole in one on our last hole, 300 yd par 4. I am still trying to figure out how the ball got past the hole without going in, but it was a tap in eagle.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

So I played another round (partially anyways) of Player/ Caddy with one of my buds yesterday.

Shot really low again, and my bud got a rare round in the 70's. and he envisions the beginning of a streak of more.

Just spending a few moments before each shot, talking about what you really should do, makes the mind clearer about what your shot is going to do.

Shave a stroke here, and there. Don't have that "blow-up" hole. Minimize mistakes. Don't try the miracle shots all the time, maybe just half the time, and recognize the situations when it's really a bad time to try that.

Remember, half the game is mental...

That's great, I always try to play 2vs2 cumulative stroke play when I have a weekend foursome. You get that player/caddy teamwork going on and you have to think strategically to make every shot count, and since you have opponents, the pressure is on. Makes the game much more fun to have someone talk strategically with you.

Sent from my LG-H810 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Right Handed

Buffalo Grove

15 HCP

attachicon.gifIMG_0155.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0154.JPG

It was a beautiful day to shoot an 82. I'm just off right now. Plain old off. :(

Stop it Rev!  I think you are rubbing off on me!  

I birdied the first two holes yesterday walking with the guys, at which point I made the mistake of saying "I could break the course record theoretically."  Ended up with an 83.   :(   But it was still the best round in 2 weeks.  

Seems like the "How'd you play?" thread is merging with the "I suck at golf" thread.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

40 / 44 = 84 today and won third place in our weekly blitz. After winning 1st place last week at Monroe CC they demoted me back to the white tees. lol I've caught sooooo much grief over playing the green (senior) tees last week that it's not even funny....

Cleveland

Well today was a hot mess or a disaster, maybe both.

I played in our Senior Men'S league.  I've never gone out with them, as it's 18 holes and I hate to take that much time away from work, but I was in a good position work load wise today, so thought why not.   107 shots later, I know why not...

The neat thing is the play our Gold Tees 5765, versus the white 6150 we play in our league.  So I had high hopes for a good round.  Good Grief, Hit a very nice high drive right down the pipe on the first hole, with only 75 yards in, I'm thinking, yeah baby, I'm going to show these guys how it's done.   Well the golf gods will get you for thoughts like that.   I hit an "Alan" right dead into the trees and walked off with a bogey, thanks to a great escape and good up and down.    it was more of the same from there.

By the time I salvaged any sort of a game, 2 pars and a bogey on the last 3 holes the damage was done.

Well that's golf!!!

40 / 44 = 84 today and won third place in our weekly blitz. After winning 1st place last week at Monroe CC they demoted me back to the white tees. lol I've caught sooooo much grief over playing the green (senior) tees last week that it's not even funny....

Well Done buddy!!   take it from me the Senior tees aren't all the cracked up to be (see above post..ha)

Well Done buddy!! take it from me the Senior tees aren't all the cracked up to be (see above post..ha)

Them sum bitochs want let me play the senior tees...

Oh well I'll just kept taking their money anyways

Cleveland