TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Shot a 78 with a triple bogey (par 3, tee shot in water, 3rd shot to 15', and 3-putted). Biggest issue right now is putting, beginning to wonder if I need a new putter!

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :cobra-small: F9, Project X Evenflow White T1100, 6.0 

3 wood:  :cobra-small:  F9, Fujikura Atmos blue,

3 hybrid:   :cobra-small:   F7 19.5 degree stiff flex

Irons: 4-pw   :mizuno-small:  JPX 919 KBS C-Taper  Lite shafts

Wedges:   :cobra-small:   King Black 50, 54, 60 degree KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Putters:  Odyssey O-Works  1w 34" w/ Superstroke counterbalanced Pistol GT 2.0 grip

I had a great round today I shot 93 playing 2-ball worse ball. I made 10 bucks my buddy shot 99. We are both low single.

Front nine was great we had a few pars each but I couldn't keep the focus up. At least no triple today I sank a 15 footer for a double on 18. :)

What an interesting concept!!!

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

What an interesting concept!!!

Absolutely, it's 2 rounds in one accept you are in hell the whole day, it's awesome.

You tee up 2 balls, pick the worse one in terms of distance and lie. Then hit the worse shot out of the 2 then drop another ball hit it and pick the worse one out of the next, till you hole out. Sounds easy? It's not. It's the ultimate "can you hold you $h!t together"

I couldn't play this game on any muni courses unless it's wide open, but on the private course usually wide open after the morning rush. The first time I tried this I probably shot 120,( it was a match play didn't keep scores)I was a 4 hdcp, we just came off of playing 2 ball best ball an I was on fire shot 64, said to myself how bad can it be. Oh it was brutal.

Try it sometime. Most pros would struggle to break 85, I'd probably blow up beyond 100 if I'm not on my home course.

Struggled around, 11 over playing off 6. Drove it well, no bad misses with the driver. Greens were a bit slower than practice green and I couldn't adjust, left 4 putts short in the heart.

Short irons killed me. Missed 6 greens from inside 120 yards.

Hadn't touched the clubs for a couple of weeks after some back issues, so not too disappointed.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

First round of the year was Wednesday and shot a 92. Not bad but for not touching the clubs in 6 months, I'll take it.

Fast forward to yesterday and man oh man did I SUCK. I think I hit about 2 good tee shots on the front and maybe 2 on the back. Back to back quads on to finish the front. 4 or 5 holes my tee shot barely rolled past the reds. Greens were just punched and are bone dry so putting was a barrel of laughs. When it was all said and done I tallied up 103.

If it wasn't for my scrambling I probably would've blown a gasket

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

On Friday evening my wife and I played nine holes in the Chapman format since we are playing in a Chapman tournament next month.  We played much better than we did last week, finishing -1.  We will be playing this format in the evenings for the next month.

See thread...

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/19375-upcoming-tournaments-anyone/

Neither one of us has played that format before.  We each tee off, then I hit her ball and she hits mine.  For the third shot we pick the best ball, and play alternate shot to the hole.  Par 3's we just both tee off and pick a ball for alternate shot.  The hardest part for my wife is remembering when we hit which ball; I hope we don't pick up any penalty shots next month.

One thing we found out is that we need to play the same ball.  I play the Snell MTB or sometimes the Ksig and my wife plays a yellow Srixon Z-Star.  Guess which one we will be playing?  Fortunately, today I found last year's Z-Stars for $27/dozen, so I picked up 2 dozen.  I used to play the white Z-Stars several years ago and liked them, so it won't take long to adapt.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I haven't played well for a while... been testing these Ping Glide 2.0 wedges, and going back to the Vokeys now and then to figure out the differences. So, wedge game is all over the place...

I did have a decent front 9 yesterday, shooting 40.

The back 9 had a couple rough holes that led to 45 coming in.

Haven't had my score start with a 7 for too long!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I actually played the BLUE tees today....  I left my wife in the bed this morning for a nice long sleep in and I headed to the course.  I met up with a family of father, son, & wife who I caught on hole #3 and they said, "either go on through or you are welcome to join us".  Well I joined up with them however I didn't know the old man (73 years young) was playing with his son from the blue tees.  Actually the blues are not over powering as it's  6171 yards. You could tell this was a premier golfing family as the old man was actually a solid player. He teed off with a frigging five wood on # 4 which makes you hit though a narrow opening from back on the blue tees. It's a 200 yard carry to the 150 marker from there. No problem has he was 20 yards easily pass that mark. :blink: â€‹ Him and I were talking and they were members at the Golf Club of the South for many years and lived in that neighborhood. You talking about HIGH COTTON their folks. They sold their place at The Golf Club of the South and now have a nice home on five lake front acres at Lake Oconee.    I thought Sugar Loaf was a nice neighborhood however this place is for the wealthy.  Tom Glavine and quite a few other celebrities live there. When the old man (Bob) told me he had won the club championship there it told me all I needed to know.   Then his son teed it up and knocked it in the pond with a fairway wood.  The momma knocks it almost in the pond and I knew this was a bunch of fricking thoroughbred golfers.

I shot an honest 45 on the front from tees I don't normally play and a 41 on the back.  My Cobra F6 driver was exceptionally long for me today. Maybe playing back freed me up or watching the old man pound it like a pro, however something was working really well for me.  86 from the blues playing with some "real golfers" was a pleasure....   When I tee it up Tuesday from the white tees at only 5526, it will feel nice and short ! :D

I came home and cooked my wife a great big rib eye steak & baked potato. She was a happy camper!! :wub:

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

First round of the year was Wednesday and shot a 92. Not bad but for not touching the clubs in 6 months, I'll take it.

Fast forward to yesterday and man oh man did I SUCK. I think I hit about 2 good tee shots on the front and maybe 2 on the back. Back to back quads on to finish the front. 4 or 5 holes my tee shot barely rolled past the reds. Greens were just punched and are bone dry so putting was a barrel of laughs. When it was all said and done I tallied up 103.

If it wasn't for my scrambling I probably would've blown a gasket

Scrambling can definitely save a round.. Not for me lately, but I'm sure for others, lol..

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Was going to play from the red tees, but for some reason they weren't put out so I played from our yellow tees, I guess if you have to put a name- senior tees, shot a 76 which was good for confidence and allowed me to play with only irons

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Shot 40/48:88 on Saturday and got $29 for a skin on the Par 4 #5.

Putting on the punched greens was horrible.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Played yesterday for the first time in Ohio and the first time with my usual partner in almost 2 years (he had cancer and had a pacemaker installed) We played at Raccoon Hill in Kent and I shot a 91 but left a lot of shots out there. If I hadn't of screwed up I'm thinking it could have been and easy low to mid 80's round.

I started swinging easy and had success hitting it very straight, although the distance was 1 to 2 clubs short.

Used the Linx GT watch I'm testing for the first time too...interesting.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Got 18 in with a buddy last Thursday, and considering the time of year, I'm happy with a 90!  Had some really nice drives, and my putter saved me from really blowing up the score.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Tell of 2 cities

9 hole course, wind blowin 25+ with 30 gust. A buddy's b-day golf outing. Few contests.

I shoot +2 (38) on 1st 9 then after long lunch break shoot +11 (47) for 2nd 9. 85 total

Did win front 9 low score, closest to pin & long putt contest but dang it.. Falling apart on the back ticked me off

Tell of 2 cities

9 hole course, wind blowin 25+ with 30 gust. A buddy's b-day golf outing. Few contests.

I shoot +2 (38) on 1st 9 then after long lunch break shoot +11 (47) for 2nd 9. 85 total

Did win front 9 low score, closest to pin & long putt contest but dang it.. Falling apart on the back ticked me off

Birthday bash huh?  You boys didn't go in and clear the beer cooler out before going back out and bagging that 47 did ya?   ;) 

Cleveland

Got in 2 rounds this weekend with the wife and family.  Couldn't ask for better weather.  Testing out the SkyCaddie LinxGT watch/gps and tags, getting use to this neat little toy.  First impressions coming later this week. 

Oh yeah, played well too, 68-71.  Have a pro-am this afternoon, course we have never played, we will see how that goes.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Great fast 9 today! I was under a wife imposed golf curfew and maintenance was holding the course until 7:30am. I was first out, jogged between shots and finished my round in 45 minutes and... I played really well today! Shot a +3 37 at Wialliam Land GC and figured something out on my drives where I was just bombing them. Checked one on my gps and it appeared to be a 346 yarder which would be an all time distance record for me on a flat, sea level, no wind course! Good times!!!IMG_0055.JPG

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Great fast 9 today! I was under a wife imposed golf curfew and maintenance was holding the course until 7:30am. I was first out, jogged between shots and finished my round in 45 minutes and... I played really well today! Shot a +3 37 at Wialliam Land GC and figured something out on my drives where I was just bombing them. Checked one on my gps and it appeared to be a 346 yarder which would be an all time distance record for me on a flat, sea level, no wind course! Good times!!!attachicon.gifIMG_0055.JPG

Impressive time stat! And yeah, well I guess that bomber drive was impressive too...

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Finished 9 holes, and had an enjoyable time.Just focused on the release of the club and forgot the rest of the goobly-gook.Shot a very easy 39 where my misses were just a few yards right or left of the greens.Sure is simpler worrying about impact vs what my backswing -downswing -pivot- follow thru is doing on every swing

Keep it in the short stuff

Finished 9 holes, and had an enjoyable time.Just focused on the release of the club and forgot the rest of the goobly-gook.Shot a very easy 39 where my misses were just a few yards right or left of the greens.Sure is simpler worrying about impact vs what my backswing -downswing -pivot- follow thru is doing on every swing

Amen brother!

Cleveland

43/44 = 87 warmest day of the year so far.

6 fairways 5 GIR 35 putts 1-4 3-3 putts long course.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Got out on Saturday and trying to get in tournament shape. was +4 after 6. Ended the front 9 at +4. Then shot -4 on the back for an even par round. Started off so poorly. Gotta get a little sharper 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

45/41:86 at Palm Harbor in the Palm Coast. Won $1 from my buddy in a Nassau. I had 2 birdies on the back nine. Not bad for a first timer on the course with hidden disasters.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

45/41:86 at Cypress Knoll GC in Palm Coast. The course is a Gary Player design but went bankrupt. Then one of the members bought it just before the hurricanes last year. All told, it was closed for six months and are just now getting open. We found it by accident and played for $25. The course winds around a forest of pine trees and reminded me of the club I belonged to in Louisiana in the 1980's. Although some of the greens need work and a couple fairways could use some more grass, it was enjoyable and fun.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

...is a Gary Player design but went bankrupt. Then one of the members bought it just before the hurricanes last year...

Must be nice to just decide one day to buy your own golf course :) I would of like to hear that conversation with the Mrs...

New golf club owner: Honey, the good news is I decided not to buy that villa in France.

Mrs: That's great because I wanted to buy a new dress from Target.

New golf club owner: the bad news is I'm buying the golf course I play all the time.

Mrs:

Ha ha ha..

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Incredibly inconsistent day for me. Hacked my way to a 102. My blood boils whenever I break the century mark

Been there, still there :( Just have faith your score will drop (and geting lessons will help (I should probably listen to my own advice, lol)).

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Played the course I grew up playing today! It's short and easy but it brought back some good memories. Haven't played it since the 90's so the nostalgia factor was high! Just got 9 in but I shot a +2 36 from the tips and was a few lip out putts from playing even par. Good times!

IMG_0057.JPG

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Been there, still there :( Just have faith your score will drop (and geting lessons will help (I should probably listen to my own advice, lol)).

MDGolfHacker

Forgot to mention I bee-lined it straight for the pro's office from 18 green and bought a 3 lesson pack lol