TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Incredibly inconsistent day for me. Hacked my way to a 102. My blood boils whenever I break the century mark

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Glad you're investing in some lessons! I have to say, keeping score isn't always the best way to have fun playing golf or to get better at golf. If you're a high handicap, unless you're posting rounds for a verified index, don't worry about it! Hit a couple balls, improve your lie, practice a putt if you want. Focus on improving the basics of the game and worry about scoring later!

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Glad you're investing in some lessons! I have to say, keeping score isn't always the best way to have fun playing golf or to get better at golf. If you're a high handicap, unless you're posting rounds for a verified index, don't worry about it! Hit a couple balls, improve your lie, practice a putt if you want. Focus on improving the basics of the game and worry about scoring later!

Lessons are totally worth it. The girlfriend's game improved hugely after taking a couple! Most of my misses are bonehead things like hitting the ground first that causes my score to be so high. Gonna practice a lot this year, enter a few local am tourneys and hopefully keep on improving!

39 today... showed up the course expecting to hit the range but it was mats only so went out for a spontaneous 9. Was alright off the tee, driver was going a mile. Ball striking was insanely good. But I would get up to the green and throw the hole away, nothing outside 5 feet wanted to drop and chipping was horrendous. Oh well not a bad day, stuff to work on.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver- Taylormade M2 9.5 degree 2016 (Fujikara Pro60 S)

Fairway Wood- Taylormade Aeroburner TP (Oban Revenge 65 S)

Hybrid- Ping G 3 Hybrid (Alta 70 X)

Driving Iron- Taylormade Tour Preffered UDI 3 (KBS Tour V)

Irons- 4-PW Mizuno MP64 (Dynamic Gold S300) Standard length/3 degrees upright

Wedges- Titleist Vokey SM5 52 F12,56 F14

Putter- Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5 Silver Mist edition 

Ball- Prov1X 

Had the opposite from Smalls1588...

Played 9 and could *not* make a clean tee shot, nor a useful second shot... But short game was ON - most wedges/short approaches were good, with two really good, and putting was solid. Well, except for one devilish green that fooled me twice in a row so I three-putted...

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Bizarre nine in league last night. I birdied the first hole, played the wrong ball and gave away the third hole. Pumped two drives ob and made a nice putt for 9 on four and won the last three holes to actually win the match despite shooting 43. A 9 on one hole in match play will do that. If you're wondering why it's because my opponent made seven and I needed to play the hole out. The course was so dry that the ball is going forever. Throw in the fact that Temple Terrace is actually hilly and balls are ending up in places that guys don't expect. They are doing a nice job of watering the greens but there is just no grass to be found in the fairways. It's like playing on linoleum. My 43 was the second best 9. One single digit guy in my foursome shot 50.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On of the most frustrating rounds I've ever had yesterday. Local muni course known for slow play, dad and I were the first ones off in the afternoon, they pair you up with others, we got paired with a walker and you could see the after work line up starting to form. This instantly got in my head because I hate being the person to hold everyone else up (and really when you let one group play through at this course, its just a parade of people playing through) My dad and I arent slow golfers but I shoot low 90's he shoots low 100's but is always ready to play when its his turn.  

Felt rushed the entire time, the super slice on the driver was back, irons were off, ended up taking a 50 with a par on the last hole. Was just not an enjoyable round

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Played really lousy at men's league yesterday morning. very embarrassing. My wife says whenever I get uptight (playing competitively vs against myself) I get tall on the ball in my backswing.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Played really lousy at men's league yesterday morning. very embarrassing. My wife says whenever I get uptight (playing competitively vs against myself) I get tall on the ball in my backswing.

Good advice

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Absolutely, it's 2 rounds in one accept you are in hell the whole day, it's awesome.

You tee up 2 balls, pick the worse one in terms of distance and lie. Then hit the worse shot out of the 2 then drop another ball hit it and pick the worse one out of the next, till you hole out. Sounds easy? It's not. It's the ultimate "can you hold you $h!t together"

I couldn't play this game on any muni courses unless it's wide open, but on the private course usually wide open after the morning rush. The first time I tried this I probably shot 120,( it was a match play didn't keep scores)I was a 4 hdcp, we just came off of playing 2 ball best ball an I was on fire shot 64, said to myself how bad can it be. Oh it was brutal.

Try it sometime. Most pros would struggle to break 85, I'd probably blow up beyond 100 if I'm not on my home course.

I've done a variation of that against one if my buddies who is about a 20 hdcp. He plays a 1 man scramble against my worst ball scramble. If he gets two cracks at everything he can make some pars and lots of bogies and if im playing my worst ball on each shot comes out about the same. Putting is the worst, if I make a 10 footer I have to make it again for it to count. It is interesting and nerve-wracking

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

First one out today. Supposed to be paired with someone but never showed up.

Was on the ass of the guy doing the tee boxes and aprons/collars the first couple holes. So pulled out a couple extra balls and messed around a lot on the green, it a couple tee shots, always played the same ball though. Got so bad a couple groups were lined up. He finally finished on 12. Not a stellar round by any means. I hate standing around waiting so long before I tee off

Hit it well last night 44 for 9 with 4, yes count them 4 3jacks. not a bad total considering I started the night of +5 after 2 holes (0 of them penalty strokes, and one of those holes was 1 putt... so yeahhhh) even threw a bird in there on a very reachable par 5 that I just keep missing a little to the right (nothing but trees to the left) but i'm getting closer each week. I just wish I could work any consistency in. last 4 weeks have been 44 52 54 45

:taylormade-small: R15 10.5 aldila Rogue Silver 60S
:callaway-logo-1: XR 16 3W
:mizuno-small: JPX 825 3H 19°
:taylormade-small: RSi1 irons 4-AW
:callaway-logo-1: MD3 54°
:mizuno-small:  S5 58°
:cameron-small:  X7M

41 / 43 = 84 today

I'm pretty close to getting my newish King Cobra F6 dialed in. I hit some solid shots with ole blue today....

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Played in my 9 hole men's league in the heat yesterday late afternoon. It was an up and down round. I either Par'd a hole or double bogeyed it. Shot a 42. Made a nice par save on the last hole after pushing a 6 iron approach shot to the left. Ball ended up on hard pan between the cart path and the start of the grass. Had to chip over a mound to a middle pin backed by a sand trap. Maybe about 12'ft to the pin uphill slight break left to right and drained it for a par save. Carolina Golfer 2 was about a foot away behind me and gave me the line when he putted!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Second time 'round at Palm Harbor GC in Palm Coast, FL. This is our last round for the trip......I shot 41/46:87 from the Senior Tees (5300 yes.). The course was in great shape and I had several birdie chances......but none dropped.

It was my buddy's birthday(63) and I won the front, he won the back but I got the overall 87 to 89 so I won a dollar

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Better than usual today! Most shots were solid and misses were not all that horrible, and actually playable. Short game was mostly decent, too .. feel like putting is getting incrementally better over time (yea!).

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

I got a round in with a buddy after work today - 40/40:80. Better than I have been lately - no penalties, no 3 putts...

I've been playing pretty well this week (made eagle on a 5 yesterday evening!) but for some reason, I just seem to have lost the ability to hit my 7i! I mean, I'm really not hitting it. Just the 7i, nothing else. I'm starting to think it's a mild version of the shanks or something. Overtime I hit it, big fat slice that just hangs there. I've tried going with a comically strong grip, going extremely inside out in my swing and nothing works! I think I'm going crazy! 

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Played Shadow Creek in Vegas today for the first round of Tiger Jam. One of my favorite course that I have ever played and not even food poisoning could keep me from going out this morning. Took a good nap for an hour when I got there this morning, drank a lot of water and Powerade and avoided solid food at all costs. When I finally made it out to the range I had some good company....Paige Spiranic was hitting balls next to me (and she did not disappoint). Met Kid Rock and Wesley Bryan did a short clinic before the round. I missed most of his clinic to get out of the sun and near the facilities. We started out round on #4 and I was able to cobble together a few pars to start the round, made two terrible bogies and turned to #10 at +2. Had an up and down back nine for a 39 which was highlighted by a near ace at 17. Played the first three holes in -2 with two birds and a par to shoot 75 on the day. I have a ton of pictures of the course on my phone that I can post when I can get to a computer since the app still will not let me post photos.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

As a follow up I am delayed and not sure if I am getting out of LAX to JFK tonight at this point. Food poisoning and travel delays to play Shadow Creek???? Yes it was worth it.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Chopped it up really badly, but somehow only ended up 10 over playing off 7. Horrible off the tee, only hit 6 greens, but somehow my score didn't really reflect how badly I played. Conditions were perfect, company was great so a long way from the worst day on the course.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I was +1 through 12, I was striking the ball really good, and putting pretty good even though the greens were awful, then I blew a tire, then another, then blew a gasket, then finally the whole car blew apart. Double 13, double 14, par 15, bogey 16, 17, and 18 for a cool 80. Nice finish. So +1 for 12 holes then + 7 for the last 6, I only 2 bad shots, just missed a few short putts coming in, but the greens were terrible today.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

First time playing a full round today since I've been busy around the new house. It felt like I haven't golfed in ages. The last time I was out, it was great. This time, I felt like a noob. Frustrating. Time to get back in the rhythm.. hopefully.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I had a mediocre round today shooting 84; just too many dumb mistakes and lack of getting the ball in the hole when I made them.  My wife had her best round ever shooting 82.  Yes, she beat me.  Not the first time; won't be the last.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I played yesterday morning. Rained a lot Friday and overnight, and stopped just as we took off on the 1st hole.

Super soggy, came home splattered with mud, 9 over.

Gonna try again later this morning!

Okay............. as many of you know by now, I've been struggling for the past few weeks. I decided today that I was going to listen to a member here.... downlowkey, and not even acknowledge my poor play today.

My buddy and I had breakfast at the local sports bar and then headed to the course for an 8:15 tee time. I told him I was just going to play and not worry about anything. So..... I ended up carding a 39 on the front and a 43 on the back for 82 total. Not too shabby for what I've gone through these past weeks.

Another thing.... it was an overcast morning that called for rain, so there was no one else in front of us. We played 18 holes in 2hrs. 20 minutes. It can be done, but it's virtually impossible to finish in under 4 hrs. when the course is full.

All in all, if it wasn't for the four pars that I left out there that should have been made, it could have been a high 70's on the card. I'll take this and run with it! Thank you for the advice downlowkey.

Played in our opening tournament today and shot an awful 80. Not sure what was off other than everything. Drove it poorly, hit my irons poorly, putted poorly and well my short game was awful. #13 sums up my day perfectly. Downwind par 4 played 348 that I drove. Lagged the first putt up to two feet and horseshoed the birdie putt. Tomorrow is another day.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Front 9 was raining a little, back nine no rain, but the wind picked up.

47/44=91 6 fairways 5 GIR 36 putts.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Ugh. Two steps back. Gonna echo JMikecpa: "Tomorrow is another day."

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg