Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Beautiful 84* day today!  It's 83* right now at 7:30pm.   I shot the temperature... 82 today.  I really drove the ball crappy.  I only hit 6 shots with irons other than wedges, and 4 of those were on par 3's!!  All other approaches were with hybrids.  Needless to say, I didn't hit many greens.  Chipping was adequate, and putting was better than normal so I saved a lot of shots that weren't going in last week.  No... my wife didn't beat me today!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played yesterday morning at Paradise Lake in Suffield until we got rained out. Which was a pity, because I was playing well, for me. Shot a 43 on the front 9 and did OK on the back until the heavens opened up on 14. It's a long par 3, hit 5 hybrid to the back of the green, 176 yards (of course the pin is at the front) and 2 putted for par.

My partner looked at me and asked "are you done?" and we headed for the car park.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

As a follow up I am delayed and not sure if I am getting out of LAX to JFK tonight at this point. Food poisoning and travel delays to play Shadow Creek???? Yes it was worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Several years ago, I guess one could say that playing Shadow Creek was a perk of my job.   I attended a health related conference with a surgeon, an anesthesiologist and an internal medicine doc.   Around 6 in the afternoon, I accompanied them to a dice table at the Bellagio.  They were playing with their multiple black chips, while I would occasionally put out one of my red ones.  We quite often discussed our plans to play golf the next day.   Around midnight, I guess it was a pit boss, came to them and told them to stay around that he might be able to get them comped to a round of golf.  Being good friends, they said that it needed to be a foursome.   About an hour later, the gentleman returned with a foursome comp to Shadow Creek.  It was the first and only time, that I will take a limo to a golf course.   Now I was born a poor country boy and I will die a poor country boy, but at least for one day, I got to see how the fancy folks live.  

40 / 45 = 85 today.  I actually hit the ball pretty good today however we started rushing our swings on the back as a big tournament was kicking off at 12:30.   I figured at least 5 or 6 shots were throw away strokes  which I would have easily cashed  in if I were grinding.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Dealing with shoulder rehab setback so hadn't hit a ball for over a month. Played yesterday not expecting much. Went into #18 (-3) with a totally clean card; finished at even. Ughhh!

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

Dealing with shoulder rehab setback so hadn't hit a ball for over a month. Played yesterday not expecting much. Went into #18 (-3) with a totally clean card; finished at even. Ughhh!

Sorry about your shoulder, but still a great round.    Heck, if I ever shot even, if I were to die leaving 18, when I reach the gates, I would say to St. Peter--guess what I did today Pete.   And he would most likely say, we know, we just thought that you should die happy. 

Was to play 18 in an event on Sunday...thank god it rained and they canceled the event. We still went and had plans to walk 18. But only made it thru 9. Could not get the cobwebs out that day ha. Maybe it was Saturday night reminding me I'm not 22 anymore.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Days like today are what make the game great and frustrating all at once. Had the best round of my life at 91 (42/49) last 2 holes on the back triple, double. Thought today was the day I'd finally break 90.

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Days like today are what make the game great and frustrating all at once. Had the best round of my life at 91 (42/49) last 2 holes on the back triple, double. Thought today was the day I'd finally break 90.

It will come.  Don't focus on your score during the round.  Once you break 90, it's easier the next time.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It will come.  Don't focus on your score during the round.  Once you break 90, it's easier the next time.

I wasnt focused on it during the roun, but after 9 (we were only supposed to play 9, I was sitting at 42, best I'd ever shot on the front 9 at this course) so I said lets continue and then the wheels fell off on 11 when I bladed a 60 yard chip shot 60 yards past the hole. Started losing control of my drive which made me try for shots that I shouldnt have been.

Like I said its gratifying and frustrating all at once, that I hate this game I want to quit feeling when I saw it was 91, but then also this is the best youve ever played be happy feeling makes me want to get back out.

More so just ranting to people who I know would understand, the fiance was like "you did great why are you mad" and was done with it

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Yesterday I played at Babe Zaharias. My buddy picked me up at 6:15 and drove to the course. Upon arrival someone noted that we had the same shirt on, a white Babe Zaharias shirt. We then proceeded to ride in the same cart and shot 43/44:87....Both of us!

Isn't that sort of weird?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Yesterday I played at Babe Zaharias. My buddy picked me up at 6:15 and drove to the course. Upon arrival someone noted that we had the same shirt on, a white Babe Zaharias shirt. We then proceeded to ride in the same cart and shot 43/44:87....Both of us!

Isn't that sort of weird?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should find someone with the same shirt that shoots 79.   ;)

You should find someone with the same shirt that shoots 79. ;)

Ha, that's good! Like a golfing stunt double (or, literally, pinch hitter).…..

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

94 with three Alan's er I mean hosel rockets.  I haven't had that crap happen in a coon's age.  No excuses.   I just couldn't get er done today.... :angry: 

Cleveland

51 in league last night.  I started with a scrambling par and ended with a traditional well played par.  Well in between was a lot doubles and a couple triples as you can tell.  Continued troubles off the tee cost me a few shots.   Good news is the new irons performed well, including a beautiful 7 iron approach on the final hole to set up the par.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

94 with three Alan's er I mean hosel rockets. I haven't had that crap happen in a coon's age. No excuses. I just couldn't get er done today.... :angry:

How was new Little Blue? It work..?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

How was new Little Blue? It work..?

Pretty lil blue heifer for sure however I knew the small stock grip was not gonna work.  I have big old hambone hands so I will be going to oversize asap.  Plus the stiff shaft is not gonna cut it with my swing speed.  I'll be looking for a regular flex low kick hybrid shaft and then all should be well.  I hit a couple of really solid shots with it but it was not as smooth as I had hoped for. My bad for thinking I could still elevate a stiff shaft with my slow swing speed.

Cleveland

I start tournament season next weekend. I was going to go for a tune up lesson but I also have been scoring well lately, don't know if I want to mess with my rhythm 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Shot 42/45:87 today. Drives were spot on and made some insane putts(27) but my new hogans just weren't feeling it today as my pitches and chips were awful.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I decided I'd had enough of work for one week, so I took a day of vacation and made it a four day weekend. I played 18 holes and shot 79 this morning. It's amazing what getting out of bed at a reasonable time, making a pot of coffee and breakfast can do for your attitude...lol.

I decided I'd had enough of work for one week, so I took a day of vacation and made it a four day weekend. I played 18 holes and shot 79 this morning. It's amazing what getting out of bed at a reasonable time, making a pot of coffee and breakfast can do for your attitude...lol.

Good job !

Cleveland

Started off with a bang

Double first hole, and +6 through the first 9... grrr

So I told my buddy that I just need to go -3 for the back 9 to make a decent score.

So I went eagle, par, birdie, par birdie.

Buuuuut, then I dropped two bogies in the final 4 holes and ended up +4 overall.

So good score but what was up with the first 9 holes? It was like I had no connection to the club for a while. It might have been golf hangover from yesterday's round.

Which was spent trying to return to normal, after wasting a week trying a new swing.

Why do we try new swings when playing lights out?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Started off with a bang

Double first hole, and +6 through the first 9... grrr

So I told my buddy that I just need to go -3 for the back 9 to make a decent score.

So I went eagle, par, birdie, par birdie.

Buuuuut, then I dropped two bogies in the final 4 holes and ended up +4 overall.

So good score but what was up with the first 9 holes? It was like I had no connection to the club for a while. It might have been golf hangover from yesterday's round.

Which was spent trying to return to normal, after wasting a week trying a new swing.

Why do we try new swings when playing lights out?

Us golfers are never satisfied hoss

Cleveland

I start tournament season next weekend. I was going to go for a tune up lesson but I also have been scoring well lately, don't know if I want to mess with my rhythm 

I say do the tuneup.  It will only benefit you in throughout the season.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Shot 42/45:87 today. Drives were spot on and made some insane putts(27) but my new hogans just weren't feeling it today as my pitches and chips were awful.

That's golf man...you get everything working except for that one aspect of your game :D  Hopefully you'll get it all working at one time the next round  :D

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I think my swing finally clicked today! I adjusted my posture a bit and I was hitting everything so, so good. Hopefully I don't forget everything next time I'm out.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Started really well, 1 under after 6, turned 1 over. Scrounged an ugly par on 10, then imploded and went 10 over for the next 7 holes. Finished with a good birdie to salvage some respectability.

Back tightened up badly on the back 9, along with my fragile psyche.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

My last round this past Wednesday was my fourth round this past month. When I started the wind was howling off the bay here in Pensacola. I probably should have hit the driving range but I played after work so wanted to ensure I could get a full 18 in. Bogeyed the first hole into the wind. Second hole is an uphill par 3 152 yards and the wind was probably 10-15 off the right. I usually draw the ball and the pin was on the left. I naturally blocked it to the right and it plugged in the right side bunker, fried egg! I don't have a lot of practice with these types of shots. I ended up with a 7 on it. I was really down at that point second guessing myself. I scrambled around and ended with a 43. I regrouped during that 9 and because of my putting birdied 4 out of my first 5 holes on the back nine shooting a 33 on the back. Ended with a 76 and 29 putts. It was amazing.

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

My last round this past Wednesday was my fourth round this past month. When I started the wind was howling off the bay here in Pensacola. I probably should have hit the driving range but I played after work so wanted to ensure I could get a full 18 in. Bogeyed the first hole into the wind. Second hole is an uphill par 3 152 yards and the wind was probably 10-15 off the right. I usually draw the ball and the pin was on the left. I naturally blocked it to the right and it plugged in the right side bunker, fried egg! I don't have a lot of practice with these types of shots. I ended up with a 7 on it. I was really down at that point second guessing myself. I scrambled around and ended with a 43. I regrouped during that 9 and because of my putting birdied 4 out of my first 5 holes on the back nine shooting a 33 on the back. Ended with a 76 and 29 putts. It was amazing.

m

The flat stick sure can erase some wasted strokes . . Good on you for coming back strong ...

Cleveland

m

The flat stick sure can erase some wasted strokes . . Good on you for coming back strong ...

It's weird I put better when I look at my target not at the ball I just roll it by feel does anyone else do that

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html