TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

It's weird I put better when I look at my target not at the ball I just roll it by feel does anyone else do that

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I've heard some tour pros will do that on the practice green. Haven't noticed anyone doing it during a round. I'm impartial. My putting sucks no matter what I do

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I've heard some tour pros will do that on the practice green. Haven't noticed anyone doing it during a round. I'm impartial. My putting sucks no matter what I do

Canucklehead try it out. Took a short game lesson and that's where it started was supposed to practice putting by lining ten balls across alternating putting to hole one while looking at the balk then one by looking at target but over time realized I made way more by looking at the target

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Canucklehead try it out. Took a short game lesson and that's where it started was supposed to practice putting by lining ten balls across alternating putting to hole one while looking at the balk then one by looking at target but over time realized I made way more by looking at the target

I have tried it. I think I just get frustrated something takes longer than I think it should so I end up switching to something else

It's weird I put better when I look at my target not at the ball I just roll it by feel does anyone else do that

Occasionally, but mostly on the practice green to just as you say "roll it by feel". We had another thread about this somewhere.

Also, you'll sometimes see Jordan Spieth putt this way on short ones; eg. focus on the target, forget about mechanics.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

My son had a lesson today and I went out and played 9 holes with him. Second hole hit driver and the driver shaft spun in the adapter so now I get to pull it and maybe by next weekend it will be ready to go. Hit it half decent when I was out and shot +2 for 9 without a driver. Playing tomorrow morning and well the next four days after that.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Tale of two nines yesterday. 40/46. First round in 6 weeks that wasn't a best ball event and was pretty encouraged on the front despite not being able to get off the tee very well (4 drop shots off tee for the day!). Actually real happy until hole 13 where I proceeded to go triple, triple, bogey, double the next 4 holes! Hahaha. What do you do tho? Just gonna give it a go next week. Good news is I found two clubs in my bag that have no business being there and am already working to correct that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29

WITB:

Driver:   2017 M2 
3/5 Woods:  2014 Big Bertha 
4/5 Hybrids:  Mashie+ 
Irons:  Apex CF16 6-PW w/Recoil 110
Wedges:  RTX3 MB 48/54/58
Putter:  White Hot Pro #3 w/SS 2.0
Ball: â€‹Z-Star Yellow

40/41 82

9 GIR 34 putts 3/3 putts

Felt better then an 82 day, but I will take it.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Had I not been a total dummy on the last hole, I would have broken 80 for the first time. That and if I 3 putted a few less times (gir 3 putt bogeys are sickening and I had at least 3 of them) but the 9 I put up on the 18th didn't help either and I rounded out with a 91. Still a career best and I struck it so well with irons/wedges, driver let me down on the back and I couldn't make a putt to save my life.

:taylormade-small: R15 10.5 aldila Rogue Silver 60S
:callaway-logo-1: XR 16 3W
:mizuno-small: JPX 825 3H 19°
:taylormade-small: RSi1 irons 4-AW
:callaway-logo-1: MD3 54°
:mizuno-small:  S5 58°
:cameron-small:  X7M

Just so frustrated with my game right now. started losing shots right today which led to struggles off the tee and hitting into greens.  Wound up with 2 triples and 2 doubles; really need to avoid the big numbers  since it totally destroying my scores.    Need to make time to practice!!!!!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

In a word terrible.  Shot 81 this morning with 8 three putts.....EIGHT!  The old me would have went putter shopping but his time I decided to spend an hour on the putting green after my round to work it out.  Turns out that the putter had nothing to do with it and it was all in my setup, imagine that.  Hopefully playing again tomorrow weather permitting.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

I've been doing it for about 2 years now.  Started with short putts, then worked up to longer putts after the scary feeling wore off.  I find it much easier to judge speed.

This topic has been discussed previously.  Here are a couple of links to posts if you haven't found them yet.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/14327-looking-at-the-hole-or-not/

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/16080-putting-are-you-looking-at-the-hole-sometimes-no-way/

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Occasionally, but mostly on the practice green to just as you say "roll it by feel". We had another thread about this somewhere.

Also, you'll sometimes see Jordan Spieth putt this way on short ones; eg. focus on the target, forget about mechanics.

I haven't seen him do it much this year and his putting seems worse.  Today I did see him look at the hole on some very short putts though and did quite well.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Drunk - I played drunk but I was not driving. The drunker I got the better I played - the last five holes were 1 under and I was pretty much blind at that point.

It was a hard week last week. :(

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Okay.... I made a tee time last evening for 8:00 am. this morning (Memorial Day). It rained heavily all night. I called this morning to make sure the course was even going to be open. Of course there was no way the owner was going to miss out on the holiday crowd, so..........

The course was the worst I have ever played on it in 20 years. It was like hitting out of a lake on every hole. My clothes are ruined and so are my buddies'...lol. It was a mud fest!

You would think knowing the traffic the course would get on a holiday weekend that the pin placements would be....... "friendly". Noooooo! As hard as I've ever seen them, front and back! Sure..... why not see how slow you can make pace of play. I'll tell you how slow.... 5 hrs. 20 minutes to play 18 holes.

Anyway, I have no experience playing under these conditions and my score reflected it.......... 94!

Oh well, dryer days ahead! :)

Held a Memorial Day game today. Had 19 players. I shot a 43/46:89 just could not putt on verticut greens!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

A tale of two nines with a 49/42. I played a course I hadn't played in a few years and short game killed me on the front but found my groove on the back, eliminating doubles and up, and getting pars/bogeys depending on how putting went, along with a birdie, and 4 pars total.

I think I was getting a little quick on most of the front, but finally settled down and got my tempo set.

It was a tough course and liked how I played at least half of it.

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

Drunk - I played drunk but I was not driving. The drunker I got the better I played - the last five holes were 1 under and I was pretty much blind at that point.

I was a six time winner of the Budweiser Open at my former club. Take your score and subtract from it the number of beers you drank. My wife said it best when she told one of the guys I was playing with "you guys are done, he is a +1 on the course and a +6 at the bar." She was right as low 50's was apparently hard to beat.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Rained out today but head north tonight for 36 at Foxwoods tomorrow and 36 at Fisher's Island on Wednesday. Now to nap before the drive up.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Had a 47 this afternoon in an impromptu 9.

Decided to play it safe off the tee and hit nothing longer than 5w on any hole. Kept it in play which was the main thing. But was missing shots to the right on approaches. Not a slice, more of an alignment issie I believe.

New irons felt good.

Have my initial GolfTec consultation in the AM. I'm anxious to hear what he has to say.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

We have got to tee it up before 2017 ends!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Played well today: IMG_1278.PNG

Struck it well, left a few out there. Approaches were pure nonsense though...

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

Played twice over the weekend, shot a 104 and a 94...  Frustrating game for sure

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Shot 79 yesterday, with a double on 18. Stupid playing on my part. Since I switched to the cheap black steel shafts my iron play has gotten much better. I still have some bad swings, but I am not fighting the lefts and rights as much. I have been playing well the last few rounds, the last 2 rounds I was was +10 on the par 5's. I was +19 on those rounds combined, the par 5's killed me this past weekend. I need to get back to playing those to par instead of trying to make eagle or birdie all the time.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Was in Birmingham Alabama this weekend at Robert Trent Jones courses. Played Ross Bridge, Oxmoor Valley Ridge and Valley course. Shot 79 at Ross Bridge, 73 on the Ridge course with a bogey on 18 (short par 5) and 77 on the Valley course with a double on 18 after basically a 4 putt. Pin was on a hump and anything past the hole rolled off the green...

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

46 / 43 = 89 today. I hit my driver really well all day. My irons ok and my lob wedge killed me. Three frigging shanks caused me some blowouts. My putting was way off today as I have been rolling the rock good. Anyways great time was had which is the key for me

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Played well today.......my buddy Bob shot a 36/43:79 while I was chasing him and shot a 40/43:83......we each had one birdie. I played at Babe Zaharias Golf Club today where the greens were smooth compared to our greens at Pebble Creek where they have punched and verticut them to death....my Drives and irons were pure. Chipping not great but acceptable and putting .....31 putts.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I shot 94 today and 96 yesterday but they felt like such drastic differences to each other. Today I pulled my tee shots, hooked my tees shots, and pull-hooked my tee shots. Decent approaches and pretty miraculous putting, especially considering how rough the greens are, saved the day. 40' downhill double breaker from the fringe the open the back with a birdie. Felt REAL good when I saw it tracking those last couple feet!!

Just got back from a two day trip to CT. The plan is was to play both courses at Foxwoods yesterday and then another 36 at Fishers Island today. The weather did not cooperate so we only got in 18 each day.

Played the members course at Foxwoods yesterday from the tips in sub 60 degree weather with wind, some rain and very wet fairways. The course played every yard of the 7,350 from the card and honestly should have played up a set of tees. Course has a lot of forced carries and some blind shots but overall not a terrible layout. The distance from green to tee is a bear and I understand why they no longer have a Champions Tour event. Hit it surprisingly well for not playing much and scratched out a 76.

Today I got to play a bucket list course on Fishers Island in NY. One of the hardest invites that I have been able to get and it was well worth it. Really cool Seth Raynor layout that has a lot of elevation changes and some of the best greens I have played. The fairways have zero irrigation and rely on nature to keep them in shape. Played well again for the second day and posted a 75 on my ball to finish second low gross. Even better was getting an invite to play Pine Valley later this month while I was still on the golf course playing. Now to carve out time to work on my game and get it where it needs to be.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond