Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played with Jeff Wannabe golfer yesterday. It was tons of fun. The only enjoyment that I'm getting on the golf course these days is the company. He is great, great company.

As for my game it's a total mess. The good news is that I'm so bad with the driver that I can't get into any trouble with it especially now that it's wet. So I plod along rarely hitting the ball on the club face trying to get myself into position to get up and down for par enough times to break 80. Today I went 40-40. I had a stretch on the back where I started to hit it good and then tweaked my back. :(

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

A twosome in a cart is way slow and won't waive me through, and I'm walking. I guess I'll play 8 balls....

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

40 / 45 = 85

My short game was non existent... Tee to green was special. Around the greens a blind man could have whupped my arse. Too many skulled chips and three putts.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I was practicing, but probably some where in the low 90's. Tee shots started out horrid but for much better on the back, putting was a lot better and ball striking pretty decent.

I ended up losing my glove after the 14th and played the rest of the round without a glove. It made a huge difference, in that I was playing a lot better. Might have to try it out some more, me and Freddy Couples.

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

Played 9 with my son today to prep for his tournament tomorrow. Could not have hit it better, the Hogans were like sliding into an old pair of shoes. Shot -2 with 3 birds and one dropped shot. The putter Rookie did for me went right into the bag and it was like old home week. First time all season I swung with confidence and it felt great.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Did not get to play today and instead watched my son play in his PGA Jr. League match. Much more nerve racking watching him play than when I am playing tournament golf. His team won 7 1/2 to 4 1/2 and he and his partner took 2 of 3 points. Time to work on my game Monday and Tuesday to get ready for a member guest on Wednesday.

WITB 2024

I played extremely bad.But had a great time with an old friend.Didnt keep any score, but I'm sure it would've been bad.Was ready to curse up a storm after bad hit after bad.But I forced myself to forget about it and just enjoy the company

Keep it in the short stuff

Shot 79 after starting with a 42. Was 5 over after 6 holes. Was happy with the bounce back as I hit it so good all day. Bogeyed 18 with a basically a brain fart of not checking my alignment on a chip lol. As usual didn't make anything for birdie other then one putt. 6 footer for par- I'm automatic. Same six footer for birdie-I'll just move to the next hole with par

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Just came back from Kansas City golf trip where I pretty much played like garbage. No confidence with the driver and little confidence with the swing. Hope the red tie driver shaft will help when it comes in (even if just mentally).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29

WITB:

Driver:   2017 M2 
3/5 Woods:  2014 Big Bertha 
4/5 Hybrids:  Mashie+ 
Irons:  Apex CF16 6-PW w/Recoil 110
Wedges:  RTX3 MB 48/54/58
Putter:  White Hot Pro #3 w/SS 2.0
Ball: â€‹Z-Star Yellow

I played extremely bad.But had a great time with an old friend.Didnt keep any score, but I'm sure it would've been bad.Was ready to curse up a storm after bad hit after bad.But I forced myself to forget about it and just enjoy the company

When things go south like that on the golf course, let it go.  Focus on the bigger picture and screw the score and all that goes with it. 

Cleveland

... I just don't remember a Spring that was this windy seemingly every single day? We played Wedgewood today in Joliet and the wind was gusting to 25mph or so. I find it really tough to putt in those kinds of winds as I hold the putter very loosely and the wind blows it off line. Ok, enough cry babying. The greens were rolling very nice and they were a little faster than normal so no complaints. Very hot so the ball was really flying downwind. Shot a 72 with 2 bogies and only 2 birdies and I certainly had my chances but just couldn't convert more than 2 of them. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Just came back from Kansas City golf trip where I pretty much played like garbage. No confidence with the driver and little confidence with the swing. Hope the red tie driver shaft will help when it comes in (even if just mentally).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you om that. Just a little mental change might help straighten me out as well

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

When things go south like that on the golf course, let it go. Focus on the bigger picture and screw the score and all that goes with it.

I'm actually a good chipper and putter.All of my bad shots are full swings.This is the first time that I actually had negative yards from 2 swings.One was a drive that I hit thin and hit a tree and rolled behind me.Second was a shot that I clipped a cart tire and flew behind me.Im trying my best.Just no fun putting for doubles and triples on par 4 under 300.My only option is better

Haven't posted much lately as I have been so busy with things around the house that golf has been on the back burner...but after my round last Friday, I needed to vent!

I have only played around 5-6 times this year, but I WAS playing as solid as ever.  Well the wheels fell off Friday.  My driver, which has been incredibly consistent, was miserable.  Popped two up, didn't find a fairway all day.  I hoseled 3 wedge shots and was duffing irons left and right.  Shot a 44 - 43, which is actually much better than it should have been thanks to some putts that dropped. 

I am always amazed how my swing can just fall apart for an entire round.  I can see screwing up a shot or two a round, but to be that off and feel that uncomfortable just drives me nuts!!!!!!!!!

:taylormade-small: M1 10.5* - Tour AD BB-6X
:titelist-small: 10F.d. 13.5* - Graffaloy Bi-Matrix X
:titelist-small: 915Hd 20.5* - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  T-MB 2-iron - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  716 AP2 5-PW - KBS C-Taper Lite X
:vokey-small: SM6 50/56 - DG S400

:cameron-small:  Kombi S 35"

Haven't posted much lately as I have been so busy with things around the house that golf has been on the back burner...but after my round last Friday, I needed to vent!

I have only played around 5-6 times this year, but I WAS playing as solid as ever. Well the wheels fell off Friday. My driver, which has been incredibly consistent, was miserable. Popped two up, didn't find a fairway all day. I hoseled 3 wedge shots and was duffing irons left and right. Shot a 44 - 43, which is actually much better than it should have been thanks to some putts that dropped.

I am always amazed how my swing can just fall apart for an entire round. I can see screwing up a shot or two a round, but to be that off and feel that uncomfortable just drives me nuts!!!!!!!!!

The unfortunate side affect about not playing as much

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Only practice-played 4 holes today (after a bunch of putting and chipping practice) .. in the heat .. but ... here are my two tee shots on Par 3 #9, playing at about 125 today...

IMG_20170613_171639319_HDR.jpg

First one was about 7-8' and second was maybe 15' .. yea!

(No, sorry, didn't bother putting them - needed to get back home.)

Here's a look back towards the tee...

IMG_20170613_171650151.jpg

..it's in the upper center of the picture, and behind a small pond you can't really see on the other side of that path .. .. so the pond is just in front of the teeing ground.

Cannot tell you how many balls I've drowned in that pond!! So pretty happy with those two shots today :)

Another highlight was hitting 3 out of 4 balls (there was no one else around) up on to a small, elevated green from only 100 out but also maybe about 15-20 ft below the green's surface. Fourth ball was just a bit off to the right and I made a nice pitch up and on and to about 8 ft. :)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

FRUSTRATED!!!!

I can play on a given day and shoot mid 80's and be able to look back at my round and see where I could have potentially saved enough strokes to break into the 70's

Then, the very next time I play it is as if I have never picked up a club, ball striking sucks, putting sucks and I shoot mid 90's!!! - Days like this make me want to give it up totally (at least for a moment)

Does anyone else experience this or am I the only one on this roller coaster???

Today, I will do what others will not so that...

Tomorrow, I will do what others can not

FRUSTRATED!!!!

I can play on a given day and shoot mid 80's and be able to look back at my round and see where I could have potentially saved enough strokes to break into the 70's

Then, the very next time I play it is as if I have never picked up a club, ball striking sucks, putting sucks and I shoot mid 90's!!! - Days like this make me want to give it up totally (at least for a moment)

I am right there with you. I'll have rounds where I hit every fairway but can't hit the green, or I can't hit the fairway but can punch out and get up and down. Can never put it all together.

It's a frustrating game we play.

Played in a four man member guest today (and thus kidking off the member/guest season for me) at Fresh Meadow and actually hit it well for the second round in a row.  A few loose swings but less than normal so getting better on that front.  I even putted well today for a change and ended with a smooth two over 74.  Three more straight days of golf and all should start turning around for my game.

WITB 2024

... One of the reasons I LOVE this game is it is just so difficult. After playing great for a week with my swing on auto pilot and shooting under par my last 3 rounds, things just got off to a bad start yesterday. Hit a big drive cutting the corner and only had 181 to the pin and proceeded to top a 5 iron. WTF? Had 9 birdies and an eagle in my last 2 rounds but started off with 3 bogies on the front 9 and no birdies. My swing just felt out of sync and while I try not to pay any attention to it until after the round, swing thoughts started creeping in. 3 more bogies on the back before finally finding a rhythm with 4 holes to play and birdied 2 of them. Too little too late and it was such a frustrating day. But ... it is days like these that really sink it's hook in me and I can't wait to get out again! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

FRUSTRATED!!!!

Well as you know - YES! 🤣

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Well, moved back up to the whites again, and shot 71, one over.

Missed 6-7 putts within 10 feet. Gotta make some of those.

Did hit a drive 305 today. Sure it was with the wind, and maybe it was hot and dry...

So? Hehe

Short game really working lately- not sure why, but it's really helpful.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Played 9 as a solo.Was just terrible today.Now my miss today was flat out top and nasty duck hook.Tried to clear a 30 yard hazard off the first tee and cold topped 4 hybrids in a row in the water.My confidence was completely gone after that bad showing.Ive topped before, but not like i did today.Tried keeping head down and still topped.Lost 10 new pro v1's in 9 holes.Just a gorgeous day wasted

FRUSTRATED!!!!

It happens more often than a bream hitting a fat cricket bruther

Cleveland

I played twice last week.  Nothing truly spectacular with ball striking (inconsistent as one might expect at my level) but short game was really solid for me.  29 putts the first round (13 on the front) and 32 putts the second round (with making a three 20-30 footers).  Any time I average less than 2 putts per hole, I am a happy man.  

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I played twice last week.  Nothing truly spectacular with ball striking (inconsistent as one might expect at my level) but short game was really solid for me.  29 putts the first round (13 on the front) and 32 putts the second round (with making a three 20-30 footers).  Any time I average less than 2 putts per hole, I am a happy man.  

That's good stuff.  When the putter's hot, it can fix a lot of the other boo boos......

Cleveland

Played 9 as a solo.Was just terrible today.Now my miss today was flat out top and nasty duck hook.Tried to clear a 30 yard hazard off the first tee and cold topped 4 hybrids in a row in the water.My confidence was completely gone after that bad showing.Ive topped before, but not like i did today.Tried keeping head down and still topped.Lost 10 new pro v1's in 9 holes.Just a gorgeous day wasted

YIKES!  Save the PV1s for when it really counts if that's the ball you like.  There are many balls that play similar that are half the cost.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”