TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Got up early this morning like it was Christmas Day and drove south to Pine Valley, NJ. Shocking that they actually let me in and play the course. I can say that after playing my second round here after a 14 year wait it is hands down the best and most difficult course I have ever played. I struck the ball well, putted well and had a C+ short game and managed and 82 from the back tees. I just spent 4 hours in the car getting home and can post a more in depth write up on the day and the club if anyone is interested. For the record I did not hit a ball in the Devil's a$$hole (which is impossible to get a ball out of) or in Hell's Half Acre.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Congratulations!

Getting on Pine Valley like winning the Lottery. Maybe better.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Got up early this morning like it was Christmas Day and drove south to Pine Valley, NJ. Shocking that they actually let me in and play the course. I can say that after playing my second round here after a 14 year wait it is hands down the best and most difficult course I have ever played. I struck the ball well, putted well and had a C+ short game and managed and 82 from the back tees. I just spent 4 hours in the car getting home and can post a more in depth write up on the day and the club if anyone is interested. For the record I did not hit a ball in the Devil's a$$hole (which is impossible to get a ball out of) or in Hell's Half Acre.

Put this in another forum... but .. anyway .... would love to hear your thoughts on PV.

Ranked as #1 course in the US ahead of Augusta National, etc.  Were they right?

http://www.golfdigest.com/gallery/americas-100-greatest-golf-courses-ranking

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Put this in another forum... but .. anyway .... would love to hear your thoughts on PV.

I will try and get a thread up today with my thoughts.

WITB 2024

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 9* SHAFT TBD...

:taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

:callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

:callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

:callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

ask and you shall receive

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/20195-pine-valley-trip/

WITB 2024

GREAT recap... thanks for sharing.... sounds like it was a tremendous experience.  Hope you get to make it back again before another 14 years passes!  Might be able to bring your son next time.  :)

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Came in second in our league play round on Saturday.

Had the lead going to 18 by 2. Playing with the guy that was on my tail. 18 was a par 5 with a fairway a 747 could land. Well I yanked my tee shot to the left behind a group of trees. Having to punch back to the fairway, leaving me roughly 200 yd uphill shot. My opponent hits the hybrid of his life to 8 ft for eagle putt. Ughhhhhhhh. Take my 4 iron and leave myself a lil 30 ft chip to save par. Miss it and make a bogey. My buddy sinks his eagle putt to win the round. I couldn't be mad, but a great shot to beat me.

I carded a 42 40 for nice 82. All in all, things are going in the right direction.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Best round of my life! 39... 7 GIR, 7 Pars in a row. Wanted to finish the 18 but the front 9 took 2 hour 45 mins so we never would have got it in.   

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Best round of my life! 39... 7 GIR, 7 Pars in a row. Wanted to finish the 18 but the front 9 took 2 hour 45 mins so we never would have got it in.

Congrats on the 39 ! Sorry about the time.

Someday I'll tell the story about why the Golf group in CT called me Dad and somehow the guys in FL also (without the Ct knowledge) call me Dad.

It has slow play in the story.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Congrats on 39!! Shot quite a few low 40s but never broke the barrier yet

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Played in my golf league last night was 6 over for 9. Two OB shots that resulted in a triple and a double. Have really improved my short game. I am now making solid contact; need to work on distance control to avoid the missed green 2 putt.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Congrats on 39!! Shot quite a few low 40s but never broke the barrier yet

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thanks I've never broken 90 and all day was thinking this was the day, doubled the first hole, bogey on 2, then par'd it home.  As good as I played, I sit here and think there's 3 or 4 shots I'd like back. 2 shots in particular come to mind...First hole, the scope picked up a tree 20 yards behind the green, bladed a 9 iron when I should have been using a 52 wedge. I was on 9 (a par 5 in 2) and had about a 35 footer, knew I could two putt no matter what, was disappointed we werent going to continue so I could break 90, so I didnt take time or line it up, or really even "try" ended up 3 putt par, only 3 putt of the day.

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Playing while changing major parts of your setup and swing is a disaster. Shot 88, which is my highest 18 hole score in over 5 years

And you still beat my 90! It was a great round with jlukes yesterday. I did a good job of eliminating blow up holes and would have made a run at my PB of 85 if I didn't use my new utility iron so much and cleaned up putting on some inconsistent greens. But coulda shoulda woulda, it was a good round and one to build on in terms of course management.

Also, the round may have cost me a few hundred, as both shots with jlukes' new M2 driver were dead center in the fairway, and father than my current driver. I need some more time with it, but it's now on the heavy ponder!

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

Awesome man... congrats!  I'll never forget the time I shot 37 on the front 9... you'll remember this one for a long time.  Keep up the good work!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

86 yesterday and I pretty much hit every fairway bunker at Lane Creek. I sucked like an electrolux vacumn cleaner coming out of them. My tee shot usually ended up close to the lip which led to my skipping the ball off the top of the bunker a few yards down the fairway. It was uglier than the back of a mule's arse. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

86 yesterday and I pretty much hit every fairway bunker at Lane Creek. And I sucked like an electrolux vacumn cleaner coming out of them. My tee shot usually ended up close to the lip which led to my skipping the ball off the top of the bunker a few yards down the fairway. It was uglier than the back of a mule's arse.

I had a round like that lately.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Played Evans Prairie shot 81 but wasn't pretty. Got lucky on a lot of bad shots that good bounces.

Been having problems with the Ping i20 so out that in time out and dragged out an old Ping Venture V2 @ 12'. Picked this out of the used bin years ago for something like $40.00. It's not long but dead ass straight. Had a lot of long 2nd shots but not behind any trees. Humidity didn't kick in until 15th hole so not too bad. Front 9-1 hour 45 min., back 9-2 hours 20min. Slow back!

Rick

Left Hand, 

meh.

Some sorta ok and some not so ok. Still better overall vs last year, and even vs earlier this year, but still not where I wanna be.

Actually got off the tee a few times into playable positions (so that was good); short game was ok but not strong.

Only 3-putted once - on the final Par 3 - and that was after hitting the uphill green.... Pin was short right and I landed long left and did not leave the first downhill breaking right putt close enough.... Maybe next time!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Still shooting well, with my third 68 this month, -2.

Every week it seems something different is being the key. This time it goes to the putter. I made 4 or 5 decent length putts for birdies or to save par.

Woods and irons were ok, but not sparkling. Although on the par 3's, 160/175 ish, I did hit pure some pure shots.

I wonder why only certain parts of the game shine one week, but then go back to normal the next.

It's awfully fun when you're on a hot streak, but as we all know, this can come to an abrupt end for no apparent reason. So I'm totally enjoying it while it lasts...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Beautiful day in Northeast Ohio. The course I played is not terribly difficult (a couple years ago I almost broke 80 for the first time but three-putted the last green  :angry: ).

Driver stayed in the bag today because he has been a bad boy recently and I have not had time to get to the range and attempt to get him to correct his poor behavior.  It was a better-than-average day off the tee with the steady diet of 3w's. I was making better contact with my irons, but direction a bit iffy. Chipping let me down some, but putting remains a strength (earlier this year I tried the claw grip and it has really been working for me - I've made more 20+' putts in the last few rounds than ever).

Highlights: 2 birdies (one by sinking about a 40+' putt, one from about 10').  I had a chance for a third from about 4' but it was a very tricky putt. I gave the hole away and it stayed out. After we all holed out, I tried the putt 2 more times and still missed - at the hole and it dove left, slightly to the right and it stayed out.

Overall, I shot an 85 and avoided my typical blow-up hole or 2 (in my world, 8 or more constitutes a blow-up), with 27 putts.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Still shooting well, with my third 68 this month, -2.

Every week it seems something different is being the key. This time it goes to the putter. I made 4 or 5 decent length putts for birdies or to save par.

Woods and irons were ok, but not sparkling. Although on the par 3's, 160/175 ish, I did hit pure some pure shots.

I wonder why only certain parts of the game shine one week, but then go back to normal the next.

It's awfully fun when you're on a hot streak, but as we all know, this can come to an abrupt end for no apparent reason. So I'm totally enjoying it while it lasts...

m

Sounds like a great day!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

played well on a course I've never played before today....39/42

Missed more-than-my-fair-share of birdie putts...kept leaving everything short.  really a bummer; could've gone lower...

all-in-all it was a good round and I'm pleased with how I played.

Was strategic by hitting 3 wood off the tee a bunch on the 340 yard par 4 doglegs and I think it helped with my score.

Really wanted to grab the big dog and rip it but happy I didn't....

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

So hot and mucky today not a whole lot of wind. I suffered early in the round made a few bogeys, but toward 7th and 8th I'm looking forward to a cold turkey sandwich at the turn renew my energy. Par the rest in.

After loading up I had a great round shot 40-37. Happy as a clam...baked on a hot sunny day:)

Changed every club in my bag to my older gear that just works and shot -2 on the front in 25mph winds. Went out and played six more holes on the back in even par. Life is good when you have some tools that work. Even better I have zero pain in my elbow thanks to the steelfibers in the irons.

WITB 2024

Played the Pete Dye designed Kearney Hills today. Chose to tough out the white tees at 6400 yards.....shot a 48/48:96.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Played the Pete Dye designed Kearney Hills today. Chose to tough out the white tees at 6400 yards.....shot a 48/48:96.

6,400 yards is our blue tees, white tees around 6,000 range. Our group switched to white tees about year ago, blues a killer for old guys. Hope u had decent weather and fun doing it.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Poorly, but that's a common theme lately. My handicap has gone up .7 ever since my last lesson... I'm thinking I'm going back to what we had going previous to the last visit as I had moved my hcp down inside the 6s, and I wasn't shooting much higher than 81-82. Half of my rounds were in the 70s, 1/2 in the low 80s. There are just too many things going on in my head. I'm getting back to simple!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Played the University of Kentucky Wildcat course today with my high school friend Bill. We played the Senior tees at 5000 yards. I shot a 41/39:80 and he shot a 50/48:98. Bill had not played since last August, so it was good to get him back on the course. He had neck surgery last Fall. The course was in terrific shape, with plush green fairways and fast running greens.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

And the weather was great!......Sunny and 73* this morning.