Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

One of the worst rounds a I have had in sometime. Shot a 47 on the front which wasn't top bad, but the wheels came off on the back side and I couldn't hit the ball to save my life. It was so bad I stopped keeping score.

Sent from my SM-N920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Your not alone in doing that. What's bad if u give up keeping score on the 2nd hole.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Best round of the year so far today. Weird round though, 43 on front and literally couldn't do anything but hit my driver then went on a back nine par streak and ended with an eagle on 18 for a 35 on the back. Nice to get back in the seventies and not feel completely inept for 18 holes. The eagle was a nice capper since it was on a hole I have never been on in two (nice to have a little wind help!) and hit a 20' putt. Already posted in the TM thread but the M2 driver was ridiculous today. Needless to say I am ready for next Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29

WITB:

Driver:   2017 M2 
3/5 Woods:  2014 Big Bertha 
4/5 Hybrids:  Mashie+ 
Irons:  Apex CF16 6-PW w/Recoil 110
Wedges:  RTX3 MB 48/54/58
Putter:  White Hot Pro #3 w/SS 2.0
Ball: â€‹Z-Star Yellow

Well, today was interesting!  My wife and I had a 9;30 tee time, and we were informed that a twosome would be joining us.  When we were called to the tee, the other couple rolled up.  I have known the guy for a long time.  He works part-time in the pro shop and for several years worked at our only big golf store in town.  He introduced us to his girlfriend.  

He played from the tips, and this was the first time I have played with someone playing from the tips.  The bad part was his girlfriend was playing and she couldn't hold the club right, let alone hit the ball.  If she hit the ball, it went maybe 10 yards.  Play was slow in front of us, and he would pick up her ball and then drop it for her by his ball.  Pick up again and put it on the green for her to putt.  Personally, I wouldn't have brought her to the course until she had a semblance of a swing on the range, but that's me.  Nothing like making her feel inferior in front of strangers.

Fortunately, they only played 9 holes, but with all the distractions (and she was quite distracting if you know what I mean!), I shot a miserable 45.  After they left I shot 38 on the back nine for an 83. My wife and I tied!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Tough conditions and course today. Played at Royal Hawaiian golf club in the mountains. Was about 25 mph winds, and it drizzled on us twice. Target golf in those conditions is not fun, and the fairways were being aerated which also sucked.

Vice Pro+ splash into the water and leak into the jungle just as good as any ball

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Best round in a loooooong time for me today, shorter course so me and some friends played from the blue tees and had a blast. Had to give the scorecard to the clubhouse to post so all I have is this scan copy. IMG_1714.JPG

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

A couple of us Ohio boys got together at Bent Tree yesterday.

Played the front 9 terribly, for a 57. I played the back better with a 46, but it was disappointing.

What can you expect for not practicing and not having played since Fathers Day.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Nice early morning match for me in the 3rd round of our season long match play tournament. Had to give 10 shots and still won 2 up thanks to a birdie on 17 and a safe par on 18. Shot 75 on my ball and managed to get the bad swings out early. Drove it well today with one missed fairway all day but missed a few putts that I should have made. Ended up with 75 on my ball and now onto the round of 8.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Nice early morning match for me in the 3rd round of our season long match play tournament. Had to give 10 shots and still won 2 up thanks to a birdie on 17 and a safe par on 18. Shot 75 on my ball and managed to get the bad swings out early. Drove it well today with one missed fairway all day but missed a few putts that I should have made. Ended up with 75 on my ball and now onto the round of 8.

Good job, tough overcoming 10 shots.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Much better round today than yesterday. I stopped keeping score Saturday due to my poor play. Posted a 92 (47/45) today which isn't great, but my ball striking was greatly improved. It easily could have been an 88 as 4 puts stopped 1 revolution short of dropping. I am feeling a lot better about my game than I was yesterday.

Much better round today than yesterday. I stopped keeping score Saturday due to my poor play. Posted a 92 (47/45) today which isn't great, but my ball striking was greatly improved. It easily could have been an 88 as 4 puts stopped 1 revolution short of dropping. I am feeling a lot better about my game than I was yesterday.

Good going and keep up the positive thoughts!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Played 18 on a course I haven't played in a couple of years.  Kind of a shotmakers course since they take the driver out of your hands on a lot of holes.   Shot 39-40=79 with a triple on the back.  Overall I was pretty happy with the way I hit the ball.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Took one friend out and show him around. We play at an executive course par 31, with 2 short par 4 capping 1st and 9th. Sunday mid-day executive course, there are ton of beginners. We joined up with another 2some. I carry 5 clubs to their full bags. ???

It was quite a slow pace and I ended up giving a mini clinic on course management and chipping to the father and son group we play with. We all had a great time. I hit the second green with pretty aggressive backspin, it looked pretty cool, so on the next hole they asked if they can see it again, I said ok. Hit a full wedge 132 yard all the way to the back and must have spun back 5-6 foot with the spiny Nike tour I have in the bag.

I think I shot one under or even I didn't keep the score. I went to recruit a golfer to the game and ended up making 3 friends. It was awesome.

I've read through dozens of posts in this thread and want to thank you all for sharing. I am inspired by the scratch players and those breaking 90 or 100 for the first time. It's refreshing and makes me want to go play!

After taking a lesson Friday, I had an erratic weekend shooting 38-46-45 Saturday and 43-46-38 today. Struggled off the tee all weekend until the last 9 when a small change with ball position helped me find the fairways again. Best hole today, #5, 514yd par 5 been eating my lunch lately. Drive 314yd, 5 iron 200yd to center of green, 2 putt birdie. I wasn't trying to crush the drive, just wanted a smooth swing into the fairway. My avg drive is around 250, so you can imagine my surprise. Putter has been better than usual as well and it soothes the soul to finally see some putts drop from 10-15 feet (and a couple from 20-30 )! Here is the card from the last 9:

Hit 'em good gang!

My wife and I played this morning and we were joined by a young single guy from Longview, WA.  He only played nine holes since he was driving back home in the afternoon.  Great kid!  Hit the ball far with really old clubs.  He said they were his dad's.  This was only his 3rd time playing this year and I think he shot somewhere around +6 for nine holes.  

I played a lot better today than yesterday.  Not a great start though with a +6 on the front nine.  We chatted a lot with the kid, and I wasn't focusing very well.  Doubled #9.  The back nine was a lot better.  I birdied #11 and #13, so I was -2 after 4 holes on the back... without hitting a green in regulation!!  However, I promptly gave those shots back with a double on #14.  Had two more bogeys over the last 4 holes, so +2 for a score of 80.  

I just had brain f@rts on two holes.  It could have been my best round this year.  Coulda, woulda, shoulda!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

One of the worst rounds a I have had in sometime. Shot a 47 on the front which wasn't top bad, but the wheels came off on the back side and I couldn't hit the ball to save my life. It was so bad I stopped keeping score.

Nice move. Sometimes you're better off just tossing the scorecard in the trash and enjoying the company you're with.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Played 18 on a course I haven't played in a couple of years. Kind of a shotmakers course since they take the driver out of your hands on a lot of holes. Shot 39-40=79 with a triple on the back. Overall I was pretty happy with the way I hit the ball.

I love those kinds of courses! I'm not a very long hitter but I can keep the ball in play and hit decent wedge shots. Courses like that kinda help to calm my long bomber envy lol.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Shot 85 Saturday, hit 4 greens and 5 fairways but only had 29 putts. I told the guys I was playing with that they need to change my nickname from Spur to Scramblina 😂

Sent from my HTC 10 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Speedzone Xtreme 11.5*

Bio Cell+ 18.5*

G10 24*

Srixon U85 26*

Mizuno MP-32 6-PW

Vokey SM6  52* and 58*

Scotty Cameron Select GoLo 

Taylormade TP5x

I'm on Instagram as @sharpened_development_llc

I broke 80 for the first time on Saturday morning. It was on a par 71 which is a a little * on the 79 but still it is a new personal best and feels amazing. I played at randall oaks golf course in west dundee, IL.

shot a 42 on the front with 1 birdie but the greens were in really great shape and It felt more like a 39 or 40 because I got so close to dropping several more putts on that front. I started the back off with a double after messing up the tee shot with my driver and 2 putting a very tough green and following up with another bogey when an 8 foot putt lipped out. I flipped the switch on 12 and mashed the driver down the middle, put a 50* wedge from 106 to 12 feet and poured int the putt for birdie. I parred out hitting all but one of the last 6 greens in regulation with another 3 putts that were extremely close to going in. I just wish 2 of those putts on the back 9 fell in so I could have shot even par over 9 holes. Looking back there were a few bad shots that easily could have saved me some strokes, but putting saved me as i had 6 one putt holes.

I couldnt believe how easy it felt to actually score like that, especially considering the front 9 was not that great.

Mizuno MP59 - KBS Tour -standard length and Lie (flex, length/lie)

Nike Vapor Fly - 8.5* Stiff

Right Handed

Buffalo Grove

15 HCP

Another good day on Saturday. Played one of the best courses in Colorado. Rad Hawk Ridge has some serious elevation changes and fantastic views. Tons of fun, but pricey so I don't play there often.

I hit everything solid, and had at least 8 birdie putts inside 20 feet. Not one dropped....But I did reach the par 5 18th in two, and rolled in a bending 15 footer to finish with an eagle for a 74. That will bring me back!

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Another good day on Saturday. Played one of the best courses in Colorado. Rad Hawk Ridge has some serious elevation changes and fantastic views. Tons of fun, but pricey so I don't play there often.

I hit everything solid, and had at least 8 birdie putts inside 20 feet. Not one dropped....But I did reach the par 5 18th in two, and rolled in a bending 15 footer to finish with an eagle for a 74. That will bring me back!

Well done!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Morning from hell ....again!

48 on the front, was just horrible. Lost 3 balls! WOW.

Back shot a 40, didn't feel good probably hangover from the front.

Posted an 88.

Surprisingly I went to the range Saturday and worked on irons and everything felt great. Oh well.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played in a charity scramble today at North Hempstead CC and had some fun. Hit it well all day for the third day in a row which is a shocking development. As anticipated we were not good enough with the pencil and a legitimate 60 was good for 3rd place. Ended the round in a good note with a nice drive and a holes out wedge for a 2 from 109 yards. At least I got some shop credit and have some golf balls on the way to add to the stock.

WITB 2024

Played in a charity scramble today at North Hempstead CC and had some fun. Hit it well all day for the third day in a row which is a shocking development. As anticipated we were not good enough with the pencil and a legitimate 60 was good for 3rd place. Ended the round in a good note with a nice drive and a holes out wedge for a 2 from 109 yards. At least I got some shop credit and have some golf balls on the way to add to the stock.

Charity scrambles can b fun but usually sllooww. It's amazing how some teams can't "count" very well.

Congratulations on 3rd and shop credit also a plus.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Charity scrambles can b fun but usually sllooww. It's amazing how some teams can't "count" very well.

Five hour round and a wait on every tee box. It was brutally slow today.

WITB 2024

Five hour round and a wait on every tee box. It was brutally slow today.

That's slow! Worst I ever had was 5 1/2 hours, no kidding! I am not the most patient person in the world so it was brutal. I just kept saying it was for a good cause. The next years after that they changed a few things and got it to 5 hours max.

It's all good!

Rick

Left Hand, 

I broke 80 for the first time on Saturday morning. It was on a par 71 which is a a little * on the 79 but still it is a new personal best and feels amazing. I played at randall oaks golf course in west dundee, IL.

shot a 42 on the front with 1 birdie but the greens were in really great shape and It felt more like a 39 or 40 because I got so close to dropping several more putts on that front. I started the back off with a double after messing up the tee shot with my driver and 2 putting a very tough green and following up with another bogey when an 8 foot putt lipped out. I flipped the switch on 12 and mashed the driver down the middle, put a 50* wedge from 106 to 12 feet and poured int the putt for birdie. I parred out hitting all but one of the last 6 greens in regulation with another 3 putts that were extremely close to going in. I just wish 2 of those putts on the back 9 fell in so I could have shot even par over 9 holes. Looking back there were a few bad shots that easily could have saved me some strokes, but putting saved me as i had 6 one putt holes.

I couldnt believe how easy it felt to actually score like that, especially considering the front 9 was not that great.

Congrats on breaking 80!

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Played in a scramble with the gf, her dad and brother. Combined they golf about 6 or 7 times a year, but we still did pretty well imo. +3 on the front, -2 on the back. Rained most of the front, and blew like crazy for the back. I think the weather was starting to agitate the gf and jer brother cause the last couple holes they started picking each others butt. Came in fourth or fifth but raised a good amount of money for the heart and stroke foundation (gentleman who the tournament is named after passed away from a stroke 3 years ago).

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I played a scramble a little while ago, and they had rule that you always two-putted. If no one makes the first putt, pick it up. Really sped things up.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder