Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

If you can't make it and have to withdraw, does your buddy get in?

No, unfortunately not.  If that was the case, I'd withdraw now.   But it would just go down as a forfeit, and the other guy would move on to the next round.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

No, unfortunately not. If that was the case, I'd withdraw now. But it would just go down as a forfeit, and the other guy would move on to the next round.

Hopefully you opponent does the honorable thing and tries to reschedule.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Hopefully, but I have a feeling that's a pretty big ask :wub:  but I'll keep you guys updated. 

Bonding starts tomorrow morning attachicon.gifIMG_1318.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1319.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bonding started today. Played an early 9 to try and beat the heat & shot an unimpressive 42. Tee ball killing me right now.

G400's will take a bit getting used to BUT they r higher trajectory and hard to tell but a few yards longer than previous irons.

The feel is also pretty good. Looks like a long and happy relationship in the future

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Playing steady Eddy and even Steven today. Shot even par 36-36. I loss about 10-20 yards off my distance. Made one birdie and one bogey. Miss a few birdie putts and made a few saving par putts. Can't complain. There's nothing wrong with shooting par.

My brother on the other hand had the round of his life. He weakened his grip and with his new found confidence started ripping his drivers and hybrids. I didn't hit long drives today but he's consistently out driving me by 50-70 yards. His hybrid was as long as my 5wd. Unfortunately, he lost his touch around the greens and shot 79.

Gotta tell you, after a few 50 yards behind him I was about to try to match his distance too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I shot a very unimpressive 90 this morning. I could not putt - 6(!) 3-putts. I could not control distance at all and it was totally deflating. 5 1-putts, but that's misleading as they were the result of good shots before them.

I continue to hit 3w only of the tee with a fair amount of success. Not a ton of fairways hit, but not missing by much.

Highlight: I was in a fairway bunker on a par 5. Played safe shot then decided to see what would happen if I tried to hit a hybrid out of it, so I dropped another ball. Very awkward stance (one foot in the bunker, one out, ball about 6" below my feet). I nailed it and ended up about 50 yards short of the green. It really sucked to have to pick that ball up and play the "safe" shot which happened to have a branch hanging in my way. Oh well, at least I now know I can do it if I'm ever in that situation again.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I shot a very unimpressive 90 this morning. I could not putt - 6(!) 3-putts. I could not control distance at all and it was totally deflating. 5 1-putts, but that's misleading as they were the result of good shots before them.

I continue to hit 3w only of the tee with a fair amount of success. Not a ton of fairways hit, but not missing by much.

Highlight: I was in a fairway bunker on a par 5. Played safe shot then decided to see what would happen if I tried to hit a hybrid out of it, so I dropped another ball. Very awkward stance (one foot in the bunker, one out, ball about 6" below my feet). I nailed it and ended up about 50 yards short of the green. It really sucked to have to pick that ball up and play the "safe" shot which happened to have a branch hanging in my way. Oh well, at least I now know I can do it if I'm ever in that situation again.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Never feel bad about pitching out shots. It's part of learning process and getting better. Going for it with shots you can't do 80% of the time at practice is asking for monstrous score on the hole.

Played a Silverthorn (Springhill, FL) yesterday and shot 43/42:85 from 5500 yards. Great ball striking but could not make a bird.

Today I played Pebble Creek(my home course in Tampa) and had 2 birdies while shooting a 43/54:97! WTF!

Played a Srixon ZStar for 25 holes then lost two in two holes.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Played a Silverthorn (Springhill, FL) yesterday and shot 43/42:85 from 5500 yards. Great ball striking but could not make a bird.

Today I played Pebble Creek(my home course in Tampa) and had 2 birdies while shooting a 43/54:97! WTF!

Today was tough going in Florida, hot and humid so u did good to get thru it.

I was hurtin after 9 and that was 7:30 tee time.

Rick

Left Hand, 

The friend i visited down there in April lives on that course. Its a nice little track. He plays mostly at Southern Hills.

I was looking at your course web page and it looks like a fun course to play!   You'll get er next time partner.

http://www.pebblecreekclub.com/course-tour/

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

If you can't make it and have to withdraw, does your buddy get in?

My Fiancé said we should reschedule our appointment for next Wednesday, so I can play and take the guy down. I LOVE Her!!

Game on!!

My Fiancé said we should reschedule our appointment for next Wednesday, so I can play and take the guy down. I LOVE Her!!

Game on!!

AWESOME!!

Kick his butt! Good luck

Rick

Left Hand, 

AWESOME!!

Kick his butt! Good luck

Thanks. That's the plan!

She's a keeper!

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yes, she is!! 22 years and I think she's stuck with me!

Got my second lowest 9 hole score .. 46 (+11) .. so happy with that, but..... OTOH... it's a short, relatively easy course... tho it's challenge are mostly small, sometimes elevated greens that can be hard to hit and hold.

But I feel like I still threw away one shot per hole, every hole - like a tee shot that ended up behind a tree so I had to punch out, or an approach shot that went wide right or wide left, or a wedge shot that I didn't execute well enough or a putt that I either over-read or under-read the break and might have made...

Had 1 Par with a 1 putt where I'd finally chipped it on close enough, 5 Bogeys and 3 Doubles... One of those Doubles was "deserved" where I pretty much screwed up everything, but the other two of those may have .. easily! .. been prevented if I was hitting the ball a little sharper.

Anyway, all that beating up on myself aside - I made several OK tee, and other, shots - and I'm looking at it positively and as another small step in playing improvement :) !!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Got my second lowest 9 hole score .. 46 (+11) .. so happy with that, but..... OTOH... it's a short, relatively easy course... tho it's challenge are mostly small, sometimes elevated greens that can be hard to hit and hold.

But I feel like I still threw away one shot per hole, every hole - like a tee shot that ended up behind a tree so I had to punch out, or an approach shot that went wide right or wide left, or a wedge shot that I didn't execute well enough or a putt that I either over-read or under-read the break and might have made...

Had 1 Par with a 1 putt where I'd finally chipped it on close enough, 5 Bogeys and 3 Doubles... One of those Doubles was "deserved" where I pretty much screwed up everything, but the other two of those may have .. easily! .. been prevented if I was hitting the ball a little sharper.

Anyway, all that beating up on myself aside - I made several OK tee, and other, shots - and I'm looking at it positively and as another small step in playing improvement :) !!

Milestones are great. Regsdless of length of course, you still have to make good golf swings in order to score. So job well done.

I've said this before but I'll repeat it. One of the biggest areas I've improved in course Management and mentally this year, came from a simple post that I believe it was Burke, under shooter or Downlow (wish I could remember which one, but I'm sure they all preach it ) Learn to hate doubles. Bogeys will happen to everyone, but hate doubles and do everything possible to avoid them.

I keep that in mind when I'm sitting off the green in two. I have to get it on and within no worst than two putt distance. If that means going 20 feet over the flag on a short side pin over a bunker, then that's the safe thing to do, instead of getting cute and coming up short.

It means grinding over that 6 foot bogey putt. Instead of just hitting and hoping. It has helped quite often.

Milestones are great. Regsdless of length of course, you still have to make good golf swings in order to score. So job well done.

I've said this before but I'll repeat it. One of the biggest areas I've improved in course Management and mentally this year, came from a simple post that I believe it was Burke, under shooter or Downlow (wish I could remember which one, but I'm sure they all preach it ) Learn to hate doubles. Bogeys will happen to everyone, but hate doubles and do everything possible to avoid them.

I keep that in mind when I'm sitting off the green in two. I have to get it on and within no worst than two putt distance. If that means going 20 feet over the flag on a short side pin over a bunker, then that's the safe thing to do, instead of getting cute and coming up short.

It means grinding over that 6 foot bogey putt. Instead of just hitting and hoping. It has helped quite often.

Amen to eliminating doubles!! Bogie's are a PIA but they happen to everyone, eliminate doubles watch your score (and demeanor) improve

Rick

Left Hand, 

84 today and my driver and putter was awesome! Problem being the stuff in the middle stunk like a skunk in a farting contest

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Really crappy today in my MGA tournament, couldn't hit my driver for anything!! Struggled all the way around, ended up shooting 93, my worst round this year.

UGH

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

It was hot one is south florida add that to 3 or 4 stoppages for rain made me work for everything today. I just couldn't get off the tee, was all over the place. My long irons were inconsistent but I was my short game and putting was lights out and saved my day. Ended up 42 and 44 and that's with two triples. One of my best days putting in a long time, only one 3 putt all day.

A cool day today; overcast with a few rain drops here and there, and only got to 97*.  My wife and I played the first tee time after the Men's gangsome.  They are... not good.  We waited on every shot. Adjacent par 5's, they were in our fairway on both of them.

Except for two holes, I played pretty well. 42/38 for +8 round that included two doubles.  I hit good drives and had laser hybrids, best in quite awhile.  Highlight was a 3-inch tap-in birdie on #15 par 3 playing 167 yards.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Thanks! I do feel like I'm "on the way"....

And you're so right about staying "in the game", too - get a safe shot onto the green, and take time to read and line up ALL the putts.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

My quest to make par, I learned and planned how,to make bogey on every holes of my home course. Some of the holes is just ridiculous because it was short and easy and some of the difficult holes feel much easier with one extra stroke. Then I went out and played exactly what I planned I ended making a lot less bogeys than plan and more pars, only one birdie because by the time I get to the geeen I used most a few strokes already. I was making conservative decisions with aggressive swing which yield good result.

Most golfers plan their shots to make regulation on each holes that's the same standard as tour pros and low handicap. Sure enough most fell a little shy of perfection trying to save the shot with bold decisions with tentative swing worst combination and ended up with really poor results.

If I learned this earlier then I'd move to lower bracket much sooner, so learn from mine and many others who's suffered the same problem.

Had the best round of 2017 so far 36/41 77

28 putts 9-1 putts

2 Far

10 GIR

2 birds

8 pars

7 bogs

1 bog +

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid