TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played Day 2 of a Member Guest today that consisted of three nine hole matches. Shot one over in the first match on my ball and my partner played decent. We won 7 out of 10 points. Match two I shot even par and got waxed by a 7 that shot even par on his ball gross and lost 7 of 10 points. That was bad enough but in match three I lost 9 of 10 points to a 14 that shot 2 under.....gross. I played 27 holes in one over par and got absolutely crushed in two matches. Can't wait to go back tomorrow for the final 18 holes.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Played Day 2 of a Member Guest today that consisted of three nine hole matches. Shot one over in the first match on my ball and my partner played decent. We won 7 out of 10 points. Match two I shot even par and got waxed by a 7 that shot even par on his ball gross and lost 7 of 10 points. That was bad enough but in match three I lost 9 of 10 points to a 14 that shot 2 under.....gross. I played 27 holes in one over par and got absolutely crushed in two matches. Can't wait to go back tomorrow for the final 18 holes.

There is no way that a 14 shot -2 gross under tournament conditions, and I am also suspicious of a 7 that shot even par.  According to the table published by the PopeofSlope Dean Knuth, the odds of the 14 shooting 10 shots better than his handicap is 37,000 to 1.  I can't imagine what the odds are for him shooting 16 shots better.  The odds of a 7 shooting even is 1,200 to 1.

Dean Knuth was a member of the USGA Handicapping Procedure and Handicap Research Committees from 1978 to 1981 prior to joining the staff of the United States Golf Association in 1981.He was co-developer of the handicapping procedure called "Reduction for Exceptional Tournament Performance" that reduces the Handicap Indexes of golfers that have two or more exceptionally low tournament scores in a twelve-month period.

#sandbagger

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

There is no way that a 14 shot -2 gross under tournament conditions, and I am also suspicious of a 7 that shot even par.  According to the table published by the PopeofSlope Dean Knuth, the odds of the 14 shooting 10 shots better than his handicap is 37,000 to 1.  I can't imagine what the odds are for him shooting 16 shots better.  The odds of a 7 shooting even is 1,200 to 1.

Dean Knuth was a member of the USGA Handicapping Procedure and Handicap Research Committees from 1978 to 1981 prior to joining the staff of the United States Golf Association in 1981.He was co-developer of the handicapping procedure called "Reduction for Exceptional Tournament Performance" that reduces the Handicap Indexes of golfers that have two or more exceptionally low tournament scores in a twelve-month period.

#sandbagger

Or, as we like to say SBMF... We even had a hat made and presented it to a buddy of ours who notoriously shoots significantly under his index during tournaments (all friendly, mind you), so he took it with a good chuckle!  non of us are making a living off this- rather spending our retirement!

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

Stopped and played 9 with a friend after work yesterday.

1 3 jack 2 1 putts 17

Far 3

GIR 3

With a 7 on hole 1 and a 7 on hole 9 not to bad of a round.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

There is no way that a 14 shot -2 gross under tournament conditions, and I am also suspicious of a 7 that shot even par. According to the table published by the PopeofSlope Dean Knuth, the odds of the 14 shooting 10 shots better than his handicap is 37,000 to 1. I can't imagine what the odds are for him shooting 16 shots better. The odds of a 7 shooting even is 1,200 to 1.

#sandbagger

They both should have played the lottery yesterday. Day 2 I played two nine hole matches and shot one over in both....won six of a possible 20 points. I give up and glad it is over.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

40-35 -- 75

Shot decent- starting to get the feel of the new putter.

Always seemed to hit the wrong side of the green tho- but, can't complain too much as a AM on the green, right?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Last round of club championships. Conditions were tough again, 11/2 inches of rain overnight made for ver wet, soft fairways with no run. Greens were a little slower as well. Played ok early, until a triple that had a couple of brain fades, the first was playing a shot from a plugged lie in the rough, I was unaware that a temporary local rule was in place for free drop through the green, silly mistake. After gouging it out I played a 9 iron to the green, and when I put it back in the bag it was my wedge. A 3 putt compounded all my errors.

Played a few great shots, 2 5 woods stand out. First was from 200 out on a par 5 for my 3rd, to about 10 foot. Next was from 220 out after topping my 3 wood off the tee. It was lying on soft sandy wasteland . Flushed it to about 20 foot and just missed the birdie putt. Lost a ball after a blocked drive gave me another triple.

Ended up with 83/77 with 2 triples and a double.

Finished 10th overall in the club champs, which I'm not too unhappy with. Too many mental errors cost me. Improved focus is a definite area for me to work on.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

That's an interesting local rule. I've never heard of free relief from a plug in the rough.

How does the rule play? Just place it near the plug? Can it be cleaned?

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

That's an interesting local rule. I've never heard of free relief from a plug in the rough.

Sounds like they were playing lift clean and place through the green due to overnight rain the OP mentioned

To be honest I'm not exactly sure of the details of the relief. Someone else looked at the board afterwards after I commented on my round. Not sure if it was lift clean and place or a free drop only if plugged. It really was a stupid error to not check the board prior to teeing off.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Often times the tournament directors will say that the embedded ball rule is in effect through the green, not just in the fairway, so any place that is not a hazard or a bunker, if your ball is embedded, you get to lift, clean, and drop the ball.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

83. 4 greens, 4 fairways tells the story.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

11 fairways, 11 greens,   8 3 putts!   Enough said.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

39/40=79

Far 7

GIR 10

Putts 33 5/1 putts 1/3 putt

On the front 9 all 5 1 putts

Back 9 all 2 butt with 1 3 jack

43 / 42 = 85 today.  Beautiful day in Georgia for golf and I'm getting back out there tomorrow! @10:24 let's go :D  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

What do Kenny B and Jason Day have in common?

Answer:  We both had a Hole-in One this week.

Today on #12 at Columbia Point GC playing 158y, I hit a very nice 7i that landed, took one hop and spun back in the cup.  Here's the hole:

attachicon.gifIMG_0776.jpg

My wife and I were playing with another couple that we occasionally play with.  It's the first time the other couple have seen an ace.  My wife, playing for 52 years, has never had one.  This is my third.

attachicon.gifIMG_3204.jpg

Congratulations on the ACE

Our greens are about as good as they have ever been, if not better, the only problem with that is, once the morning dew burns off in the late morning they are really fast, they go from 10'ish to 11' ish, maybe even a bit faster than that. So the front nine putted ok, the back nine they got fast, I lost 5 shots around the greens on the back which included 3, 3 putts. I also had what I thought was a very good chip shots that ended up really bad. On 11 I was short off the front, pitching up hill and had plenty of green, I hit what I thought was a perfect pitch shot it rolled just past the hole, caught the slope left and rolled another 30 feet, then I 3 putted from there. The speed of the greens showed in all the scores, with the low score for the Day being 74. I'm not sure what the new greens keeper has been doing but the greens are looking and playing extremely good right now. Other than being really fast, they do roll really good, so that helps a little.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Excited for Kenny!

We finally got to play today after nearly three weeks. It showed - ugly 83 - nothing memorable other than tons of rust. Lots of trees down on the course.

Sadly the one I'd love to see gone was still there.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Excited for Kenny!

We finally got to play today after nearly three weeks. It showed - ugly 83 - nothing memorable other than tons of rust. Lots of trees down on the course. attachicon.gifIMG_0620.JPG

Funny how that works. We had some really bad flooding this spring that took down two trees, but the wrong two. The one tree I want gone lives on. Might come down to a balaclava and a chainsaw on a dark moonless night.

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

Excited for Kenny!

We finally got to play today after nearly three weeks. It showed - ugly 83 - nothing memorable other than tons of rust. Lots of trees down on the course. attachicon.gifIMG_0620.JPG

Thanks Rev!  Glad to see you back on the course,

We don't have a lot of trees, but we also have one that's at the corner of a par 5 dogleg that keeps getting in my way.  It didn't come down in out last windstorm to took out seven trees.  Dang!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Answer: We both had a Hole-in One this week.

Today on #12 at Columbia Point GC playing 158y, I hit a very nice 7i that landed, took one hop and spun back in the cup. Here's the hole:

My wife and I were playing with another couple that we occasionally play with. It's the first time the other couple have seen an ace. My wife, playing for 52 years, has never had one. This is my third.

FINALLY recorded my first eagle. Man, that felt good! attachicon.gifIMG_0036.JPG

I got my first one a couple weeks ago. Walked the 30' downhill double breaker in from the last 10'. Congrats!

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wow. Wow! WOW!!

Hi Fives all around to you golfer dudes with your Aces and Eagles!

Nice shooting!!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Today was my walking day with the guys at the club.  It was a little cool when we started at 10:24 but the sun came out for a few minutes... then went away.   :(   So, it didn't get very warm.  THEN, the wind came up; 15-20mph.  My first windy round in over a month.

They started us on #10, so that screwed me up; headed to #1 and no one was there.  The marshal came and picked me up because my guys were teeing off on 10.  This was the first round in quite awhile where I did not have a double or worse.  9 bogeys and 1 birdie for an 80; +4 on each side.  My new Ping Doon saved several pars and I even made a couple of 6 footers for bogey.

Answer: We both had a Hole-in One this week.

Today on #12 at Columbia Point GC playing 158y, I hit a very nice 7i that landed, took one hop and spun back in the cup. Here's the hole:

My wife and I were playing with another couple that we occasionally play with. It's the first time the other couple have seen an ace. My wife, playing for 52 years, has never had one. This is my third.

That's awesome Kenny!! Congrats. I'm still waiting for my first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

That's awesome Kenny!! Congrats. I'm still waiting for my first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So is my wife after playing for 52 years!!  She reminds me of that frequently.  Best of luck!!