Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

After a frustrating 38 on Monday's match, I came back today with a bogey free, two under 33, and this is the course our league championship is at: Bretton Woods.  I have been hitting the ball long and straight, uncharacteristically straight for me lately, and I love the new confidence it gives me.  I still struggled with making putts today, paring the first 7 holes, missing a few close ones for birdie.  Then on the 8th hole, I got up and down for birdie with an awesome flop shot from over the green and above the hole to 6 inches.  Then on the par three number nine, I rolled in a sweet 20 footer for birdie for a nice finish and a 2 under 33.  

I have been going back and forth with this one opponent, a friend, all season.  In our first match against this school I beat him by one, in the second match he beat me by one, and today I beat him by two after we both parred the first 6 holes, then he doubled 7, and then we both birdied the last two including making matching 20 footers for birdie on nine which we both got a kick out of.  

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

Played 18 with the usual suspects Wednesday. Shot 86, while not my finest moment I wasn't disappointed. Wind was 16-20mph with gusts to high 20's. Not used to that kind of wind conditions anymore. Fun morning, good guys. Courses finally drying out.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played 18 work an old buddy yesterday, and .. provisionally .. broke 90(!!) with an 89. I say "provisionally" as we were giving ourselves a few Mulligans and a few do-overs; I used 5 or 6 total.

Overall I was striking the ball way, way better than usual and had way more good .. or almost good :-) .. shots than not so good this time out. Hit a bunch of good tee shots, too .. and even hit some fairways! .. and several good (or almost good ) approach shots.

Had two legit (no do-over shots) Pars on the front 9 for a "provisional" 46 and then two more on the back 9 plus .. two real Birdies (!!) for a provisional 43. One birdie was a short Par 3 at 109 and other was #18 a downhill dogleg left at about 406.

Had several other close chances at a par or a birdie but tho short game was generally steady there were a few places where I could've (should've...) chipped it closer and/or made the first putt.

Worst holes were Triples, and "only" had two of those; then two Bogeys and a bunch of Doubles.

One of the real highlights of the whole round was not a particular shot but somewhere along the back 9 I started feeling the balance on my lead foot on the downswing and follow-through. Very different than anything previously and definitely a lot more solid (more "grounded"?).

I could clearly see the result in the shots I started making after that and finished the last 6 holes at only +1 over (which shudda been at even except for a careless 3-putt....). So yea! and feeling good with the progress I've made through this season.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Played 9 holes on a course that just opened today from the Hurricane. Decent shape, not great but still good to see it opened again. Shot 43, not thrilled but still not upset. Getting used to G400 irons.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Great day today.......shot a 42/41:83 today with 2 birdies.

Paid $7 to play in the Senior game and took home $10.......winner winner chicken dinner.

I was striking. the ball very well and when I got into trouble, I was able to Scramble. My putting was spot on today, using my Bellum Winmore 707.

Since the Fall 2day tournament is just a week away, guess the Bellum Winmore makes the grade!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Squeeze in a back nine this morning. The temperature difference from morning to mid day is crazy right now. This morning at 5:50am was 54* and by midday it would be 91*.

I played with my brother yesterday and I notice that my drives were noticeably longer and the stats shows that I was about 15 yards longer on avg. I want to make sure so I went out this morning, it was longer. Today at my home course i'm About 10-30 yards longer. It's a combination of 2 things first I adjust my loft to 12.5* from 13.5* and I started playing more pronounced draw.

Flew down to Orlando yesterday morning and had a 1 PM tee time in the rain at Isleworth. No time on the range or putting green led to a rough first five holes with five straight bogies. Settl d down and shot even par on the way in for a 77. Finished second in the money game and made a few bucks. Course was a blast to play and had the most penal 1 inch rough I have ever seen.

Got up early this morning after staying at the Lodge at Lake Nona and went to the range to hit balls next to Anna Nordqvist. After I gave her a few tips I hit some balls and went out and played Nona. Surprisingly I liked the course a lot more than Isleworth. The layout is fun and challenging and the rough is not nearly as penalizing. Shot 38 going out and even on the way in for 74. Overall a good round in the heat and the sun.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Great day today.......shot a 42/41:83 today with 2 birdies.

Paid $7 to play in the Senior game and took home $10.......winner winner chicken dinner.

I was striking. the ball very well and when I got into trouble, I was able to Scramble. My putting was spot on today, using my Bellum Winmore 707.

Since the Fall 2day tournament is just a week away, guess the Bellum Winmore makes the grade!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Your liken' that putter lately looks like a money club.

Rick

Left Hand, 

OK, well this is weird.  I started out this spring at a 9.2 HI and played lousy most of the year, worked my way up to 12 by mid-July.  However, the last few weeks have been awesome, and I have gotten back down to 8.8.  Over the last week or so, I had a hole-in-one, chipped in twice for birdies and shot my course personal best at 73.

Today, my wife decided she wanted to play nine after work.  She even left work early so we could get done before dark.  It was 75* but the wind was blowing 15-25mph (tomorrow it's supposed to blow 30-40mph).  I started off with pars on the first 4 holes, then lipped out a par putt on the 570 yard #5 hole playing into the wind.  I got it back on #6 with a birdie, then bogeyed the 380 yard #7 back into the wind.  I made an unlikely par on the 210 yard par 3 #8 also playing into the wind.  Then on the dogleg par 5 #9, downwind off the tee, but not after the dogleg, I hit my tee shot into the left rough at the dogleg; downhill/sidehill lie I hit a nice 4H down the middle to 128 from the pin.  PW two-hopped into the hole for Eagle.  My wife called me an a$$hole (term of endearment).  Bottom line is I shot -1 for the front nine.  

That's my all time best front nine score by 2 shots.  My game feels pretty solid right now, but I'm headed to Phoenix on Sunday... golf school so I can learn how to play this silly game.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

That's my all time best front nine score by 2 shots.  My game feels pretty solid right now, but I'm headed to Phoenix on Sunday... golf school so I can learn how to play this silly game.

Well it seems like you're figuring it out for yourself pretty well right now.  

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

OK, well this is weird.  I started out this spring at a 9.2 HI and played lousy most of the year, worked my way up to 12 by mid-July.  However, the last few weeks have been awesome, and I have gotten back down to 8.8.  Over the last week or so, I had a hole-in-one, chipped in twice for birdies and shot my course personal best at 73.

Congrats on the new found success.  My handicap has been trending in the wrong direction and hope I find some of the magic that seems to be part of your game the past week. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Not as well as my prior finishing last 6 holes just a few days ago .. but, that's golf, right?

Played 9 with my wife this afternoon and even tho .. after the first hole .. was generally striking the ball decently the final score did not reflect it. But, that's golf, right? ;)

Had a wayward tee-to-green shot almost every hole, and tho short game shots were pretty much all on the intended line I seemed to leave *everything* a little short... Didn't adjust to the slower greens and wasn't getting all the first putts close enough. So missed out on a few Pars I might have otherwise had a chance at (maybe...).

So an opening Triple, four Doubles, three Bogeys and one Par. Ended up with a 50 (no Mulligans and no topped tee shots, tho I did pull or hook a few; one Penalty for a lost ball .. which was the second shot on a long Par 5 that I hit OK but a little left and it bounced it's way somewhere not to be found .. then the shot after the drop took off dead online and .. hit the end of a branch and dropped straight down!; and too many 3-putts).

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

OK, well this is weird. I started out this spring at a 9.2 HI and played lousy most of the year, worked my way up to 12 by mid-July. However, the last few weeks have been awesome, and I have gotten back down to 8.8. Over the last week or so, I had a hole-in-one, chipped in twice for birdies and shot my course personal best at 73.

Today, my wife decided she wanted to play nine after work. She even left work early so we could get done before dark. It was 75* but the wind was blowing 15-25mph (tomorrow it's supposed to blow 30-40mph). I started off with pars on the first 4 holes, then lipped out a par putt on the 570 yard #5 hole playing into the wind. I got it back on #6 with a birdie, then bogeyed the 380 yard #7 back into the wind. I made an unlikely par on the 210 yard par 3 #8 also playing into the wind. Then on the dogleg par 5 #9, downwind off the tee, but not after the dogleg, I hit my tee shot into the left rough at the dogleg; downhill/sidehill lie I hit a nice 4H down the middle to 128 from the pin. PW two-hopped into the hole for Eagle. My wife called me an a$$hole (term of endearment). Bottom line is I shot -1 for the front nine.

That's my all time best front nine score by 2 shots. My game feels pretty solid right now, but I'm headed to Phoenix on Sunday... golf school so I can learn how to play this silly game.

Not weird - "Awesome, dude!" ;)

Nice going, Kenny! ..and have fun and learn lots at golf school!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Not as well as my prior finishing last 6 holes just a few days ago .. but, that's golf, right?

Played 9 with my wife this afternoon and even tho .. after the first hole .. was generally striking the ball decently the final score did not reflect it. But, that's golf, right? ;)

Had a wayward tee-to-green shot almost every hole, and tho short game shots were pretty much all on the intended line I seemed to leave *everything* a little short... Didn't adjust to the slower greens and wasn't getting all the first putts close enough. So missed out on a few Pars I might have otherwise had a chance at (maybe...).

So an opening Triple, four Doubles, three Bogeys and one Par. Ended up with a 50 (no Mulligans and no topped tee shots, tho I did pull or hook a few; one Penalty for a lost ball .. which was the second shot on a long Par 5 that I hit OK but a little left and it bounced it's way somewhere not to be found .. then the shot after the drop took off dead online and .. hit the end of a branch and dropped straight down!; and too many 3-putts).

Great thing about golf there's always tomorrow

Rick

Left Hand, 

Shot 79 today. Missed about 6 or 7 really short birdie putts and had several 3-putts. Drove a par 4 and 3-putted :(. Plus, I just couldn't score on the par 3s. Was 4 over on the par 3s and 3 over for the rest of the holes.

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Right.  That's golf.   ;)

I came down to earth today; poor round in the wind, and a 6-some wedding party in front of us.  Unreal!!  No rhythm whatsoever.  We finished in 4:15 but we had to skip a few holes to do that.

Off to Phoenix at 5:45am in the morning. 

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played in a mixed scramble today with my daughter and a mate and his daughter. Started really well, with 2 birdies. I had a flat patch when the brain wasn't switched on, which seems to happen in scrambles.

Got it back together but probably too late. Finished 5 under with one bogey.

Highlight was my mates daughter driving the green on a par four from about 265 yards. A good effort for a 15 year old girl.

We had a fun day, my daughter struggled a bit, but hit some good shots after a long lay off.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Played in a mixed scramble today with my daughter and a mate and his daughter. Started really well, with 2 birdies. I had a flat patch when the brain wasn't switched on, which seems to happen in scrambles.

Highlight was my mates daughter driving the green on a par four from about 265 yards. A good effort for a 15 year old girl.

We had a fun day, my daughter struggled a bit, but hit some good shots after a long lay off.

15 year old 265 yards! WOW, great job

Rick

Left Hand, 

Sounds like a really great day, and .. the real winner? Those nice "quality time" memories!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Great thing about golf there's always tomorrow

Right. That's golf. ;)

Dayyyyummmm. I thought once you achieved your own little breakthrough it was all bluebirds and rainbows and puppy dogs and happyhappy effortless easy Pars all the time after that.... No?

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Dayyyyummmm. I thought once you achieved your own little breakthrough it was all bluebirds and rainbows and puppy dogs and happyhappy effortless easy Pars all the time after that.... No?

NNNNoooooo

Rick

Left Hand, 

40/38 = 78

Birds 1

Par 9

Bog 7

Bog + 1

Putts 34

Used the T7 54 8b today. Glad I read the wedge reviews on MGS.

I gave it a 2nd chance today, and was getting some ck-up on the greens that saved some pars.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Went to a new course today, we are playing a 2 day tourney next week with the first round at this new course. some of us wanted to play here ahead of time since we've not played it before. The front 9 is wide open, you can hit it anywhere and have a shot into the green, back 9 is a bit tighter but still more open than what we're used to, I shot 37-39/76. Hopefully I can play the same or better next weekend. Should be a fun time either way.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Played pretty darn good today. Took a 75 with a double bogey on a par 5. Still didn't make any putts. Ended up with 35 putts and missed 10 birdie putts under 10 feet. My approaches were spot on today. My avg. proximity to the hole was 22 feet. To put that into perspective, the leader on the PGA Tour has an avg. proximity to the of 32 feet. I could have gone really low if I'd just made some putts!

Played an old muni today. One of those that feels like an old friend. Today this old friend kicked me square in the biscuits.

44 front and 41 back. That 85 was scramble most of the day.

To prove how bad it was today. On one par 3, 185 yd. Simple straight shot, no danger comes in play. So I thought.

Hit a pretty 6i that was coming in perfect till I hit a sprinkler head 5 yds short of the green.

Shooting my ball high and over the green to the cart path that bounced it another 50 yds past the pin. Honestly all I could do was smile. I ended up with a bogey but that pretty much sums up the round.

Oh well, back to the range.

Tazz

BigTazz

Grip in Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball!

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

79 today in a tournament. Missed a 1 foot putt. That sums up how a lot of the holes went.

45/41 today. It was kinda muddy because the course got some decent rain on Sunday which led to some difficult approaches/chips. Had a lot of looks at birdies but I kept burning the edges :(

I'm officially done with Truvis. I lost another ball in the middle of the fairway, that is so annoying and it cost me a double bogey >_

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

44/43, 87 all over the place. Well not really couldn't chip or putt. Greens were Sllooww after Sunday nights downpour and could not get it together.

Always Wednesday!!! 7:28 tee time!

Rick

Left Hand, 

I didn't play so well Saturday.  I couldn't hit my irons where I wanted until about the last 2-3 holes and I was trying to get adjusted to hitting the new driver. Went back out yesterday and hit the ball extremely well.  Only missed one fairway and hit my irons much better.  I just couldn't get a put to roll in.  I had 3 putts in the first 4 holes all for birdie and all about 5-8 feet and missed them all.  Still shot 75 I think, but I should have had way more birdies than what I ended up with.

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

45/41 today. It was kinda muddy because the course got some decent rain on Sunday which led to some difficult approaches/chips. Had a lot of looks at birdies but I kept burning the edges :(.

I'm officially done with Truvis. I lost another ball in the middle of the fairway, that is so annoying and it cost me a double bogey >_

What color are you using, I've never lost one in the middle of the fairway, I have lost one in the deep rough, I mainly use the yellow and black, they seem to more visible than the red and white. The red and white seem to get a bit dirty and can be hard to see at times. I also get a bunch of free ones, everyone knows I play them, so they bring me the ones they find.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind