TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Quit experimenting with my swing, and went back to my “gamer” putter.

Howling wind, blue tees, nice track.

Shot even par...

Sometimes you just need to quit trying new things, and just play what you know works...

The key point here is knowing what works.  If you don't know what works, then you have to keep trying new things.  Right?   ;)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

The key point here is knowing what works. If you don't know what works, then you have to keep trying new things. Right? ;)

Well yea, we all know what works right?wink

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

This past week end, I played in a scramble tournament and it was one of the most enjoyable outings that I have experienced.   A young buck with whom I have played golf quite a bit asked me if I would like to fill a team.   It was to benefit the sports programs at a local college that he and a couple of his buds are alums and played on its baseball team.   So the team was three young bucks and an old coot.   I felt like Phil at the President's cup.  Needless to say, we did not use any of my drives, but a couple of my second shots and I did get lucky and was able to pull some chips, pitches and putts out of my butt.  I don't know if they fully understood how enjoyable and appreciable it is to an old coot like me to have been invited and a part of their team.  Of course, there were a few good natured old man jokes, but that made it even more fun for me and I gave them a few wait til you're my age and when you grow up jokes.  We finished second.   

Early morning a bit humid for an 81, 40-41. A double bogey on each nice kinda hurt but swing is getting better.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played in a local clubs Ryder cup style event this passed weekend. Played terrible Saturday. Should have either swept or tied maybe one match. Instead we tied the fourball, won the scramble and lost the alternate shot. Overall a split for Saturday's matches.

Sundays singles went much better. I only hit 5 greens but shot 70. Ended up scrambling well and an eagle helped. I think I ended up winning 4 and 2.

I'm sure it had to be demoralizing for me not to hit any greens and yet somehow be up 2 after 4 holes  :D. I think through 8 I was 3 under and had only hit 3 greens. And that was with a lip out bogey. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Played atypically well .. really well. Finished my local short 9-Hole course with a +7 .. It's a Par 35 (just one Par 5) so a personal best 42*

* with 1 Mulligan (tee shot went ZINGing straight left into the woods)

And that was with one Triple where after I'd pulled another tee shot left .. to find it in a really bad lie .. with an awkward stance .. I went brain-dead and needed *three* shots to clear it to a good layup spot....

So I had...

4 Pars

4 Bogeys

1 Triple

and hit 4 fairways and 3 greens.

Yea!

(I love this game .. again .. after not liking it so much after a really pitiful practice round just a few days ago.)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Day 2 of the MGA championship, well it did not go as planned, the front nine was 5,5,4,5,4,5,6,3,4. 1 par, 2 birdies, 1 double and 5 bogeys. I was 7 over through 7 holes. Not the start that I wanted, but finished the front with 2 birdies, almost chipped in for eagle on 9. Missed 2 legit birdie putts on the back, came up just short both times, and missed a couple other birdie chances but didn't make any, finished the back with a 40. So 7 over after 7 holes, and finished with a 81. 2 over for the last 11 holes, on a day when I didn't bring the best swing, and had a horrible start, I finished strong and had a good time.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I've been out of the loop for a while, but a little over a week ago, the wife and I took a mini vacation to Niagara-on-the-Lake. Played 9 on what is addressed at the oldest course in North America. The wife taxied me around, and I hit balls. Sliced every wood I hit, but my irons are starting to come back after a lesson and couple trips to the range. I can now feel what I'm doing wrong when I do it, but getting better. I made a lot of 6-10 foot putts and still shot 46. I thought I had a pic of a sign near the 8th green that it is still in the same configuration it was in 1875. Must be on the wife's phone.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Played 36 at my club today and shot 70-68. All parts of the game are clicking just in time for winter. Playing Fresh Meadow tomorrow morning and Meteopolis for a tournament on Thursday.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

76 from the tips at Fresh Meadow this morning. I still can't putt the greens there and left 7 putts on the front lip today. Tee to green it was much better than the number I shot.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Early morning tee time 67'. That like freezing in this area! Shot even Par first 4 holes thinking all good stuff going on. Then all hell broke loose, freakin nightmare. Pretty much quit keeping score cause I can't add that high.

Well there's always Friday

Rick

Left Hand, 

Early morning tee time 67'. That like freezing in this area! Shot even Par first 4 holes thinking all good stuff going on. Then all hell broke loose, freakin nightmare. Pretty much quit keeping score cause I can't add that high.

Well there's always Friday

Been there done that - I've ripped up a score card a number of times. Cheaper than breaking a club

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Walked 18 today in a very light mist; no umbrella needed.  Shot 81.  My course has 5 par 3's and 5 par 5's.  Today I used driver on 15 holes!!  Two par 3's were playing over 200 yards on a cool, damp day.  Nothing special, nothing horrible.  Only 1 birdie on the #4 par 3 playing 147; hit it to 4 feet; made the putt thanks to my buddy playing his 3rd shot from 6 feet on the same line.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played with my friend had his friend, I don't know that guy, on my home course. He's a good golfers but so abrasive at times. I'm not a big fan of people giving me golf tips in the middle of my practice swing but I just ignored it brst I could.

Then he started on this kids that kid so I joined in for some fun. I talked about how I like Phil Nicholsen short game and how I have his series wedge, and Roy Megavoid swing. I also wish I had Justin Thompson distance hitting an A1 driver.

He started to correct me with the right name but it didn't help much, also some how it helped my turned on my game and my wedge got really hot. I haven't checked my gamegolf but I think I shot 3 under front nine and may be a 1 under back nine. Needless to say I had a great day.

Yesterday, finally got do more than just look at my clubs for the first time in 6 weeks. And the round and a big was exactly the smoldering bag of dog crap you'd expect it to be. At least 7 balls lost, pulling and slicing, no feel around the greens. Playing a new course today, hopefully I can regain some of my dignity 😀

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yesterday, finally got do more than just look at my clubs for the first time in 6 weeks. And the round and a big was exactly the smoldering bag of dog crap you'd expect it to be. At least 7 balls lost, pulling and slicing, no feel around the greens. Playing a new course today, hopefully I can regain some of my dignity

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Good luck today, we feel your pain.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Shot pretty good except for a few holes. Played with a MGS lurker, a gent named Ron who was a cool old cat. He shot pretty well too.

I'm back to basics and really striking the ball well. I had a lot of “tweener” shots today, did better on the ones I clubbed up on, and had longer putts on the ones I tried to muscle up on.

I used to be better at being able to give it a little more, now as I'm getting older, it's just easier to take another club- lesson learned today

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

This is a lot of writing, so feel free to skip if you don't feel like reading

Challenge accepted!

Great read, great story, great win! Sounds like you really went out and won the thing due to your demeanor.

What'd your championship celebration look like?

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Challenge accepted!

Great read, great story, great win! Sounds like you really went out and won the thing due to your demeanor.

What'd your championship celebration look like?

Well I was pretty calm, I think because I had to stay "in the moment" for about 8 hours that day, but my teammates were all jumping up and down and screaming, especially when I won in that playoff.  It was hilarious.  What made this even sweeter was that our team has had the same four core players for the last four years.  We are all seniors now, and we finally won the whole thing--the goal from the start.  

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

Well I made my return to competitive golf today for a tournament at Metropolis CC (who new Metropolis had a CC?). Got there late and hit about 10 balls before I went out. Pushed my opening tee ball right of right and was lucky to find it. Hit a prayer wedge from 140 to a foot for a kick in bird. Kept it even par the rest of the holes and hit my tee ball on the par three 9th to 3 inches to turn at 2 under. Up and down on the back and closed with 2 over on the back for an even par 70. Won the event by two shots and got an invite to play the Sarazen Invitational at Fresh Meadow CC on Monday and Tuesday. Hate that the season is ending and I am finally playing some good golf, but darn glad to finally be playing some good golf.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Played twilight after work, tee time was 2:45 but we waited a little because it had been raining off and on all day. Winds were about 25 mph, it was brutal. We didn't get through all 18, my buddy has only been playing a few months so he's a little slow, but it was fun. Course was nice, never played there before and the views from some of the tee boxes looking back over the city were beautiful. I'm excited to play there again on the 28th

Played the Mizuno balls today. MP-S is a pretty solid ball, but it is no bueno in the wind. For those who like a harder ball, the MP-X is definitely that, but I don't think they're making their way to the states, you'll need a JDM connection. The X held up well in the wind, much lower flight for me, but I don't like coming into greens as low as they were coming in.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Even through 7 then fell apart. 84. Hit the longest drive of my life today. Wind was about 20 behind me, fairways were hard as a rock, and dead flat.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

9 holes this am.

15 butts

1 fairway

1 GIR

0 3 putts

And had one 7

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

My wife and I played in the rain today.  Not a heavy downpour, but a steady rain.  There was standing water on a few greens that we had to avoid.  I was +1 through nine holes, but fell apart on #10 and it just got worse.  I was thinking about getting home by the fire, and just rushed all my shots.  The highlight of the day was not mine; my wife holed out from 130 yards on the par 5 #9 for eagle.

Played a 2 day event at a golf resort just out of Sydney. It was the "National Championship " of a local Aus golf forum.

First round I struggled early, 7 over after 8. Came good and finished 5 over, with one of my best 9 hole scores. Greens were exceedingly slow and I struggled to get the ball to the hole.

Today's round was a struggle after a late night fall ( possibly beer related) after slipping on a wet floor. A badly bruised elbow made for a difficult day. I drove the ball very well, irons were difficult due to pain. Putting stroke was uncomfortable. Finished 14 over, not too unhappy with the result in the circumstances

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

possibly beer related

You're an Aussie....it WAS beer related. :P

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

My wife and I played in the rain today.

The highlight of the day was not mine; my wife holed out from 130 yards on the par 5 #9 for eagle.

WOW! Hi 5 to her!

(maybe make her play in the rain more often )

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

You're an Aussie....it WAS beer related. :P

HA! Peaksy - next time land on your butt .. not an important swing component like the elbow.......

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg