TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Well. My solid iron play has once again destroyed the round. 10-14 fairways, the 4 that I missed were within 3 yards of the fairways so I did t miss by much. Then I hit a total of 5/18 greens. So with 10 fairways hit, I only hit 3 of those greens. That is not a good ratio especially since I had 9 iron or less on All but 1 of them. The lack of confidence has crept into my short putting.

I missed 4 putts inside of 4 feet.

The score wasn't too bad, 81, but I feel like it could have been much better.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Looks like it could be the last round of the year because of weather in West MI

Took the J15MB irons out I built up for there 1st round & used the new Tour B XS for 18 holes

42/38 = 80

4-Birds

36 putts

9 Fairways

10 GIR

Had 4 6's that hurt.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

You're an Aussie....it WAS beer related. :P

I had a good excuse, I had to drive in Sydney 3 days in a row. Worst traffic and drivers in the world.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

HA! Peaksy - next time land on your butt .. not an important swing component like the elbow.......

Don't worry, I got that too

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Played today and shot a 44 for 9.My worst score in a few months.The ball striking wasn't bad, but the misses put me in some bad spots.For example, 155 par 3 I hit a nice smooth 7 iron just slightly long over the pin.The ball hit a severe downslope and rolled into a wooded thicket.Took me 3 hacks to get out and on the green.Made a triple 6 after an iron that was actually hit very well.Was a disappointing day, but just had a day of bad breaks.

The last hole is a 520 par 5 slight dog leg left.Hit a slight push off the tee that landed 3 feet behind a lone tree 10 yards off the fairway. Not only was it behind the tree and blocked out, but also in a major divot no one ever replaced.

Just one of those days

Keep it in the short stuff

Shot 41/44:85 today and it felt good!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I had a good excuse, I had to drive in Sydney 3 days in a row. Worst traffic and drivers in the world.

I guess you've never been to NY City?

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Yesterday one of the players in our Saturday game told me that he put his first ball in the water on the 150 yd #6 Par 3, then he dropped a 2nd ball and holed out! I told him, nice Par!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Don't even want to discuss my round from today......yes it was that bad.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Received my shipment of K-Sigs on Friday, and was looking forward to trying them out-  Sunday morning was a bit on the cool side, called for a vest and long pants, but the sun warmed us up as the day went along.  Started out Bogey, par, birdie, birdie, par, par, pushed my drive on 7, punched out and chipped to 3 feet, but missed the par putt, so I am now even going into 8.  Made a slippery downhill left to right breaking 10 footer for par on 8, and am thinking "Par on 9 and I make the turn even!!!"  I then proceed to push my drive into the next fairway right of ours, but have an opening if I make a strong draw @ 170 yards out.  End up in a greenside bunker, well below the elevated green- I make a good pass at the ball and it pops out, lands about a yard short of the pin and releases -yes- into the cup for a birdie!- I make the turn at -1 (35) - a personal best for me. 

Came back to earth on the back 9, shooting a 41, including a birdie and a triple! - Post a record round of 76- and chuckle when the computer asks "This score is outside the players' normal range (no kidding) is this correct?"  YES, it was correct.  

So, was it the K-Sigs?  Was it that I trusted the ball?  Was it that I trusted my swing?  I did putt well, with about a half dozen 1-putts, and some rather accurate chipping to boot- but, all that said, when I got home I immediately went online to COSTCO, to order another 4 dozen K-Sigs, but alas, they are sold out again...  I do like them!  

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

Post a record round of 76- and chuckle when the computer asks "This score is outside the players' normal range (no kidding) is this correct?" YES, it was correct.

So, was it the K-Sigs? Was it that I trusted the ball? Was it that I trusted my swing? I did putt well, with about a half dozen 1-putts, and some rather accurate chipping to boot- but, all that said, when I got home I immediately went online to COSTCO, to order another 4 dozen K-Sigs, but alas, they are sold out again... I do like them!

That's a real American success story! I've heard good things about the K-sig off the putter so it just might be the ball. Congrats man.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I don't know about that mate, you should see some of the clowns here, they'd put us Sydneysiders to shame.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I shot 81 - not so great but it was my first time player my golf in a month. I actually hit the ball reasonable well particularly on the back. I made ho him pars on the last three holes. It was one of the rare times that I made in an in round swing adjustment and even rarer that it worked.

I'm anxious to get to the range tomorrow to be sure. Nothing radical, just got my hands a little higher on the back swing. Clearly with in my teacher's visual of a pizza delivery guy holding up a warm pie.

I hit the ball very crisply after that and had a career drive on one hole. That's truly incredible on a windless day in October.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Don't even want to discuss my round from today......yes it was that bad.

oooohh boy .... well, GOLF *is* a Four-Letter word.... ;-)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Played a new course a few days ago - one of those rolling, open vista type scenic layouts with a lot (a *LOT*) of big mounds all over and covered with lots of ball-eating fescue and lots of ball-eating tall native grasses. In a few areas there were trees and some water hazards to be negotiated with, too. 

But it was the wind that kicked my butt that day!

Had a conversation with KennyB and I'd mentioned while I understand the concept of hitting it lower and letting it run out, I just don't seem to have those shots in my on-course repertoire. Well .. not as of yet (hopefully) .. something (else) to be learned! 

So my two best holes were the ones that ran through the trees, after the exposed tee boxes,  and so were relatively calm. Made a nice Par on a Par 4 (had one other Par on a short Par 3) and a Birdie (!!) on #18 a Par 5. Hit the fairway and green on each of those holes.

Everything else was Bogey, Double or Triple. Had three Triples, but .. to put a positive spin on it: my last few outings that seems to have been my worst one-hole score ... I seem to have been able to avoid the "Other" scores - like 6, 7, or 8 (or even worse!).

So this round was...

+13 / 48 (Par 35) on the Front 9 - where I was striking the ball poorly (AND took a few Mulligans, to boot) but putting really well. Made one 1-putt and all the rest were "easy" 2-putts; I got the first one close and was able to make the second;

and,

+12 / 47 (also Par 35) on the Back 9 - where the game flip-flopped (that ever happen to anybody???) and I was striking the ball mostly ok .. especially on #18 .. but couldn't putt anymore! Had FOUR 3-putts.... :-(

So I ended up with a 95 (plus a few Mulligans) which was good for me, but .. I look at one hole where I threw away two shots in a row and those 3-putts (and other stoopit errors) and can't help but think that a 90 may be within reach......

Just a few months ago (early July) I was ecstatic with a 95, so comparing the two I guess I've made some improvement since then. 

Interestingly, that earlier 95 was 50/45. Another 18 I played more recently was 50/43 for a 93; where that 43 was my best 9 to date .. I'd started with 3 Doubles on the Back 9 but then finished the last 6 at only +1 over. Two 9-Hole rounds since that were at 50 and then at 42 (on a Par 35).

So a bit of a pattern emerging where I seem to be doing better on the second 9 .. not sure what that means, exactly, other than to call the first 9 "Practice"! ;) :) ;)

(ha, but seriously - I probably need a better warm-up routine before playing)

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

Played my first round at Green Valley Ranch on Sunday. Birdied the first 3 holes and had a really nice round going. Played the last 4 holes +5 for a 74. Frustrating way to potentially close out the season.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Played Lakeside Camden yesterday. Absolutely beautiful day on the course.

Scored 40 points. 26 on the front nine, but started to run out of steam towards the end of the round in the heat...

It's the 7th competition round I've played in and the first in which I've beaten my handicap.

Hopefully it's the start of my improvement and I can start chipping away and getting it down.

EDIT: Just found out I dropped 2.6 shots off my HC. 🤘🏼

Srixon Z545 Driver

Cleveland Classic 5 wood

Cleveland Mashie #3 Hybrid

Srixon H45 #4 Hybrid

Srixon Z-565 irons (5-PW)

Cleveland RTX 2.0 wedges (48° & 56°)

Cleveland CBX 60° wedge

Cleveland TFi Cero putter

Srixon Z-Star XV

Monday played Belle Glade finally open after hurricane Irma.

Shot a 40/42 82 with one of the new Bridgestone Tour B ball. Unfortunately one ball decided to go swimming on the long par 5. Led to a double and the 42.

Rick

Left Hand, 

The golf season is coming to an abrupt end here in Iowa.  I played Sunday and spent more time looking for balls than actually playing.  Deep rough, leaves on the fairways and greens., "winter greens", you get the idea.  The last two days we've had 40 mph winds.  

Looks like tomorrow may be the last day, if the wind lays down.  It has been fun year, but all good things must end.

At least Pheasant season opens on Saturday--but most of the crops are still in the field, so the hunting won't be very good for a few weeks.  

Sigh.   

In the Rant Thread I described my ordeal with the surgery I had scheduled for yesterday.  Didn't happen, so I took advantage of the great weather today and my wife and I played 18 holes at the club.  I'm not sure if it was because I was pissed about spending 4 hours in the hospital ER unnecessarily, but I shot 75 today that included two double bogeys.  I managed to play the back nine in 34 which is -1.  It was a decent day driving the ball, and I made a bunch of putts.

Beautiful day; 65* and no wind.  Here's the par 5 #9 hole looking from behind the green back down the fairway.  The people on the other side of the pond are in the #7 fairway.  Just a par today.

IMG_0804.jpg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

The golf season is coming to an abrupt end here in Iowa. I played Sunday and spent more time looking for balls than actually playing. Deep rough, leaves on the fairways and greens., "winter greens", you get the idea. The last two days we've had 40 mph winds.

Looks like tomorrow may be the last day, if the wind lays down. It has been fun year, but all good things must end.

At least Pheasant season opens on Saturday--but most of the crops are still in the field, so the hunting won't be very good for a few weeks.

Sigh.

Yea Pheasant season. Cold enough for the Woodcock to be on the move.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I've been playing a few unfinished rounds because of late sunrise and earlier responsibilities. Yesterday I played a full round. 107* in SoCal give me a break, amazing front nine. I shot even, with 2 bogeys and an ob. Back nine was so so, it was hot I was burning I ran out of good shots and shot 41 in the back. Took a double on the last hole, I hit my approach from 67 yards thin and sent it over the green. Nothing back there but I was too distracted to find it so I dropped.

Cold doesn't bother me as much as heat but I'm glad I got to play nonetheless.

Well, since I didn't have my surgery and it's still lovely golf weather, I showed up at the club when my walking guys usually play on Wednesday.  Since I wasn't supposed to be there, one guy brought his son-in-law.  No worries.  The club has decided this year to let 5-somes play.  I don't like it, but it benefited me today.  We kept up with the groups in front of us, so people behind us couldn't complain.

I shot another good round for me;  76, all pars except for 4 bogeys.  Two birdies lipped out.  I didn't hit the driver great, just OK.  Irons were solid, and the Wilson D300 hybrids were dead solid perfect!  I did have a 30-yard bunker shot; got up and down for par.

That's 75 and 76 two days in a row.  Maybe I should skip the surgery!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played this morning at my club with two guys that used to work for me. Cold and windy from the start with some sprinkles of rain. Shot 3 over 40 going out and even par 34 on the way back in. Based on the conditions it was absolutely the best number I could have put up. Add in I was playing a set of irons that had not been in the bag all season and it really was the best I could have played.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Played Wednesday morning cold, well for us 58' but very windy. Shot a struggling 42 on the front and a barely made it in 44 back. The wind just kicked my butt. 2-3 club wind on the back just too much for an old fart.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played Wednesday morning cold, well for us 58' but very windy. Shot a struggling 42 on the front and a barely made it in 44 back. The wind just kicked my butt. 2-3 club wind on the back just too much for an old fart.

I feel you pain. 12 and 13 played dead into the wind. Hit driver hybrid on 12 (playing 420) and 3 wood five iron on 13 play 372. Normally two fairly easy holes when the wind is down.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Was not supposed to play today but my wife forgot she had a full day out of the house so I played 54 holes. Shot 68-68-69 for my three rounds at my club from the back tees. Mini retirement is agreeing with me to the point that I may take my buddy up on playing a month of mini tours in Florida this winter. No shot I can really compete but at least I am at the point I won't embarrass myself.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Was not supposed to play today but my wife forgot she had a full day out of the house so I played 54 holes. Shot 68-68-69 for my three rounds at my club from the back tees. Mini retirement is agreeing with me to the point that I may take my buddy up on playing a month of mini tours in Florida this winter. No shot I can really compete but at least I am at the point I won't embarrass myself.

Wow! Good luck to you if you do end up going for it!!!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Nice - it always seems to work out for the best.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel