Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

I was invited to play at Pelican Hills. A relative came for a visit from overseas, and they want me to play golf with them. I took them out at my course and somehow they've already booked this. Though I played there a few times before but seriously, wow! Took a mulligan each nine on the North course and shot 78 still have no idea how. It was unusually cold and the gusts of wind picked up every so often. I wish I can afford to play there a few times a month.

It's not as religious experience as Pebble Beach but it came pretty close, not to mention the grub. Hopefully I'm invited to play the south course soon.

I'm playing in a “challenge” tournament this Saturday. This is one of those tourneys where its meant to be full, the course is set up ridiculously difficult, it's meant to be a challenge, but it's supposed to be a fun time.

Used to play similar event called it “Greenskeeper Revenge” great time!!

Have fun, just wait till u see pin placements

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Used to play similar event called it “Greenskeeper Revenge” great time!!

Have fun, just wait till u see pin placements

Yep, this is gonna be fun. The pin placements can't be too difficult for this one, we are playing on Saturday morning and the course is public, so they can't be too extreme with the pins.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Yep, this is gonna be fun. The pin placements can't be too difficult for this one, we are playing on Saturday morning and the course is public, so they can't be too extreme with the pins.

Played in one of those Tournaments at Torrington CC, Goshen CT and the pins were ungodly places. There were 4 and 5 putts on very slick greens. It was a blast. Watching scratch golfers continuously 3 putt was great .

Enjoy!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played the links at Citi Field today. Shot +1 and shot of the day was the 7 iron off the Jumbotron in center field. -13 was wining when I left and apparently the guy made 5 aces in 9 holes.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

attachicon.gifIMG_0958.JPG

Played the links at Citi Field today. Shot +1 and shot of the day was the 7 iron off the Jumbotron in center field. -13 was wining when I left and apparently the guy made 5 aces in 9 holes.

-13, 5 aces?? Who was he President of North Korea?

Rick

Left Hand, 

-13, 5 aces?? Who was he President of North Korea?

My comment exactly.  I mean hell, I only made 3 myself and I would consider myself a decent player :)

WITB 2024

My comment exactly. I mean hell, I only made 3 myself and I would consider myself a decent player :)

Love it!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Had a blast playing with my college roommates yesterday. They come down for a week at a time monthly from October through April so they hadn't seen me play since April.

When they left I told them I was either quoting the game or taking lessons and primarily practicing throughout the summer. I opted for the latter. Shot 77 with them on Sunday and 74 yesterday.

If I had more time to play (which ain't happening) I could get really good again. At least I'm hitting the ball well enough that I want to play golf and I know exactly why I hit a bad shot when I do it.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Had a blast playing with my college roommates yesterday. They come down for a week at a time monthly from October through April so they hadn't seen me play since April.

When they left I told them I was either quoting the game or taking lessons and primarily practicing throughout the summer. I opted for the latter. Shot 77 with them on Sunday and 74 yesterday.

If I had more time to play (which ain't happening) I could get really good again. At least I'm hitting the ball well enough that I want to play golf and I know exactly why I hit a bad shot when I do it.

Pretty good shootin Rev.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I played late yesterday, I was waiting for my new iPhone X to arrive and then setting it up. I haven't decided yet if it's a good phone or not but it sure is cool.

I put my wife's odyssey chipper in the bag and for the obvious reason, tried to use it as often as I could. That thing is a hoot to use. I holed 2 shots from off the greens and chipped the ball pretty close a few times. Played only 14 holes and turned in 2 over. I was pleased.

I tried on one of the low lip bunker and it was as easy as putting. It bakes the question, why don't they make one with 60*

Teed off at 11:40am; 20 minutes late.  It was 39* but no wind.  Warmed up to a balmy 42*. I shot 82 which is good for me given the weather; no birdies, two 3-putts.  Had two long greenside bunker shots that I got to 5 feet, but couldn't make any putts.  I don't putt well when my hands are cold.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Teed off at 11:40am; 20 minutes late. It was 39* but no wind. Warmed up to a balmy 42*. I shot 82 which is good for me given the weather; no birdies, two 3-putts. Had two long greenside bunker shots that I got to 5 feet, but couldn't make any putts. I don't putt well when my hands are cold.

Birdies seem to be in hibernation for me also.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I didn't know anything hibernated in Florida.

just birdies

Rick

Left Hand, 

Well I threw away the scorecard after 14 if that says anything. I held it together on the front 9 and had a chance to break 80 with a better-than-normal back 9 but totally blew up on 10 and 11.

I was my usual wild self off the tee but hit some excellent wedge shots and drained 6 low-percentage putts.

Luckily I played well once I ditched the scorecard so it makes for easy math that puts me at an 88.

I did this same thing when I was trying to break 90 for the first time. Just putting too much pressure on every shot and am not playing well off the tee.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

40/44 84

Got a 6 7 & a 8

Fairways 5

GIR 9

Putts 34

I am liking the J15MB irons with the 5.5 shafts.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

First time swinging a club without pain in about 6 weeks so I didn't keep score. It took me awhile to get get over the mental part of my wrist injury and once I did I was really started hitting some fantastic shots.

I didn't keep score as today was all about testing the wrist and getting confidence that it was indeed healthy and no swing or shot type would hurt. Mission completed and then some.

Really glad my golf season isn't over and I can get some more swings in the the jpx 900 tours before typing out my final thoughts for stage 2 of my review

Sunday was awful; cold, rainy, snowy.  This morning the sun was out, not a cloud in the sky, and mid-40's.  I walked with the guys at the club, and I am still on a roll... sorta.  I shot 79 with 3 double bogeys.  Not happy about the doubles, but I had 3 birdies.  One came on the 570y par 5 #5 hole; hit my 3rd shot to 5 feet.  The second one came on the par 3 #12 hole where I got an ace a couple of months ago; almost got another one, hit it to a foot away.  The third one was an unlikely putt from 4 feet off the green on the par 4 #16; about 50 feet, left to right breaker.

One of the guys I was playing with got an ace on the par 3 #17; his second.  The weather is turning bad again, and this may have been my last round this year unless it's decent this weekend when my wife and I hopefully will play.  I hate to quit while I am playing well.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Weather has turned here in Central Indiana and Sunday looked like our last day for a while. We decided to just go 9 holes early and try to beat incoming storms. Was wet and muddy so we were rolling the ball over. Definitely not real golf and I had 0 expectations to do anything other than get out of the house. So of course.....2 pars to start. Birdies on 3 and 4. Sloppy bogey with wedge in my hands on 5 so 1 under. Then make 30 footer for birdie on 6, hit a great 5 wood second shot over a pond to 6 feet for eagle on 7. Par the par 3 eighth and punch a 5 iron from 170 into a 15 mph breeze to 4 feet on 9. Made that to play the last 4 holes 4 under and shoot 31! Beat my low for the year on that side by 2 shots, and had averaged 38 for the season. No swing thoughts, no putting thoughts, no worries, just out chasing it around. Was almost like my clubs were saying "We told you all year long WE'RE NOT THE PROBLEM! Now go put us away and do some work on yourself this off season." Smart Ass clubs

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

Weather has turned here in Central Indiana and Sunday looked like our last day for a while. We decided to just go 9 holes early and try to beat incoming storms. Was wet and muddy so we were rolling the ball over. Definitely not real golf and I had 0 expectations to do anything other than get out of the house. So of course.....2 pars to start. Birdies on 3 and 4. Sloppy bogey with wedge in my hands on 5 so 1 under. Then make 30 footer for birdie on 6, hit a great 5 wood second shot over a pond to 6 feet for eagle on 7. Par the par 3 eighth and punch a 5 iron from 170 into a 15 mph breeze to 4 feet on 9. Made that to play the last 4 holes 4 under and shoot 31! Beat my low for the year on that side by 2 shots, and had averaged 38 for the season. No swing thoughts, no putting thoughts, no worries, just out chasing it around. Was almost like my clubs were saying "We told you all year long WE'RE NOT THE PROBLEM! Now go put us away and do some work on yourself this off season." Smart Ass clubs

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Congratulations!  Seems we always play better when we don't have any expectations for the round.

Had a fun day today. Steady Eddy shot 76. Fight a cold still but the paring partners were interesting. Father and son and uncle. Among the three there are probably over 60 years of golf.

First the dad was a big guy with some gas problem. It seems to leak everytime he moved:), I was fine but I just stay away and up wind from him. The uncle may have been hit in the head a few times as he likes to stand directly in front of the person hitting the ball.

Then come the highlights of the round, the son hit the drive that ended up behind a big tree about 15-20 yards in front of the ball. After a few moment of consideration and while waiting for the group in front of us to clear the green, he turned and asked me. I said punch out side way is the safest route and if done diagonally, he wouldn't lose any distance. He said he could fade it around the tree, he's done it before.

Jokingly, I said hit it well or “duck”. He hit it square to the tree and bounce right back to hit him in the groin. Yelp! I swear, he hit the ground so fast like someone bet him a million dollars that he couldn't dig a hole with his face. They got enough class to joke about it the rest of the round. Fun crowd, I hope I get to play with them again.

Talking about it I could still feel his pain.

Had a fun day today. Steady Eddy shot 76. Fight a cold still but the paring partners were interesting. Father and son and uncle. Among the three there are probably over 60 years of golf.

First the dad was a big guy with some gas problem. It seems to leak everytime he moved:), I was fine but I just stay away and up wind from him. The uncle may have been hit in the head a few times as he likes to stand directly in front of the person hitting the ball.

Then come the highlights of the round, the son hit the drive that ended up behind a big tree about 15-20 yards in front of the ball. After a few moment of consideration and while waiting for the group in front of us to clear the green, he turned and asked me. I said punch out side way is the safest route and if done diagonally, he wouldn't lose any distance. He said he could fade it around the tree, he's done it before.

Jokingly, I said hit it well or “duck”. He hit it square to the tree and bounce right back to hit him in the groin. Yelp! I swear, he hit the ground so fast like someone bet him a million dollars that he couldn't dig a hole with his face. They got enough class to joke about it the rest of the round. Fun crowd, I hope I get to play with them again.

Now that's funny, not for him though.

Rick

Left Hand, 

.............I swear, he hit the ground so fast like someone bet him a million dollars that he couldn't dig a hole with his face........

Omg I'm dying right now. That's the funniest analogy I've heard all year!

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I can picture it happening and it's one of those moments that just keeps giving.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Nothing like a good whack in the nuts to finish ya round.  :D 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Played 36 this morning in mid 40 degree temps. No clue what I shot nor did I care. Just fun to still be playing golf in November.

WITB 2024

36/39

Played ok. No putts dropped for me all day. Still trying to groove the new 2-ball.

I️ think I'll try putting a few thin black lines on the top to aid in alignment.

Hit one of the longes drives I've ever hit.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes