TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Last 2 rounds have been 2 of my best in a while. 79,78. Hit driver on 2 holes the entire round. And the 78 the most recent round I missed a mailable birdie and 4 putted a par 5 for bogey. Guess I should leave the big dawg in the bag more often. Course I do hit this 2017 m1 3 wood as good as I've ever hit a fairway wood in my life. 265 off the tee and can hit it up a gnat's butt from 50 yards away.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Walked 18 holes with the guys today.  Shot 79.  Now I know how the pros feel when they say they didn't have their best stuff but managed to put up a decent number.  For some reason the driver didn't show up until the back nine.  However, I made 4 putts today longer than 15 feet... two for birdies on par 3's, one for par and a round-saver bogey.  I had a decent drive on the par 5 #18, but the second shot had to go over the tree at the corner of the dogleg... didn't make it, but the ball ended up in the fairway 150y to the pin.  The pin was front left with the last 40 yards all carry over a bunker... didn't make it.  Hit my bunker shot to tap-in range and par.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Walked 18 holes with the guys today.  Shot 79.  Now I know how the pros feel when they say they didn't have their best stuff but managed to put up a decent number.  For some reason the driver didn't show up until the back nine.  However, I made 4 putts today longer than 15 feet... two for birdies on par 3's, one for par and a round-saver bogey.  I had a decent drive on the par 5 #18, but the second shot had to go over the tree at the corner of the dogleg... didn't make it, but the ball ended up in the fairway 150y to the pin.  The pin was front left with the last 40 yards all carry over a bunker... didn't make it.  Hit my bunker shot to tap-in range and par.

Good round for early season, now how about pushing some of that warm weather straight north.

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

Walked 18 holes with the guys today. Shot 79. Now I know how the pros feel when they say they didn't have their best stuff but managed to put up a decent number. For some reason the driver didn't show up until the back nine. However, I made 4 putts today longer than 15 feet... two for birdies on par 3's, one for par and a round-saver bogey. I had a decent drive on the par 5 #18, but the second shot had to go over the tree at the corner of the dogleg... didn't make it, but the ball ended up in the fairway 150y to the pin. The pin was front left with the last 40 yards all carry over a bunker... didn't make it. Hit my bunker shot to tap-in range and par.

Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

... can hit it up a gnat's butt from 50 yards away.

I want proof of this 😂🤣😂🤣 nice rounds!!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Good round for early season, now how about pushing some of that warm weather straight north.

Thanks!  It's not all that warm down here.  Yesterday it was 36* with a 10 mph breeze when we teed off, but it was sunny.  By the turn I had to peel off my 4th layer though.  Bad weekend coming up with highs in mid-50's but 25 mph wind with gusts to 40, maybe a little rain thrown in.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

41/42 = 83 today.  Beautiful warm day in Georgia and I'm getting settled in with my new irons.  My Bettinardi putter was sweeter than a honey suckle vine today!  Betty had folks rolling their eyes at some of them snakes going down.   :D

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

41/42 = 83 today. Beautiful warm day in Georgia and I'm getting settled in with my new irons. My Bettinardi putter was sweeter than a honey suckle vine today! Betty had folks rolling their eyes at some of them snakes going down. :D

83 Good day!! What are the irons you're playing now?

Rick

Left Hand, 

83 Good day!! What are the irons you're playing now?

Thanks buddy.  I'm gaming the Ping G irons which are super fun to hit. So far so good so let the party begin! 

Cleveland

Played my first round since getting my Dupytren's contracture fixed. Used my old set which live at my in laws holiday apartment.

The par 5s killed me, doubled all of them. Had another soft double too. Finished 12 over, played the tough holes well. My hand held up well, it probably cost me a couple of shots, but mainly through trying to protect it, which it didn't really need.

I hit my old Apex Edge Pros well, better than my TM RSI 2s. They fit me so much better, need to adjust the lie angles on the TMs.

Combination of Bermuda greens and old Ram Zebra made for an interesting time on the greens. Holed one 30 footer for birdie, but really struggled to read them.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Thanks buddy. I'm gaming the Ping G irons which are super fun to hit. So far so good so let the party begin!

I'm curious how they work for you. I'm still happy with the G400 irons not much difference. Good luck with them.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I'm curious how they work for you. I'm still happy with the G400 irons not much difference. Good luck with them.

Forgot to ask, Senior or Regular shafts?

Rick

Left Hand, 

You have graphite shafts in yours?  Mine are the new lightweight steel shafts and they feel pretty darn good.  I'm on a bit of a tight budget right now with high vet bills and such or I would have went with graphite. 

Cleveland

You have graphite shafts in yours? Mine are the new lightweight steel shafts and they feel pretty darn good. I'm on a bit of a tight budget right now with high vet bills and such or I would have went with graphite.

Hopefully you'll enjoy them. I had a brief experience with an AWT shaft and it is kinda graphite-"like" .. definitely lighter and less harsh feeling vs traditional steel.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

You have graphite shafts in yours? Mine are the new lightweight steel shafts and they feel pretty darn good. I'm on a bit of a tight budget right now with high vet bills and such or I would have went with graphite.

Yup, graphite. So far still happy with them which must be a record

Rick

Left Hand, 

I had been out of town all week and was itching to go, but my course had a tourney today so only I got to squeeze in 9. I was striking the ball great today and shot even par 36 with 3 birdies, 3 bogeys and 3 pars. Thing that sucked about the bogeys was that I only missed one green. Longest birdie putt was 5 1/2 feet. May be going back to the Edel E-3.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Friday, as Rev reported, I played at Bayou with him, Foz and Rev's friend Gene. Played bad, real bad somewhere in the 115 range. But I played with Foz in the morning at Pebble Creek and shot a 94 albeit off the senior tees. Highlight of that round was hitting a par 5 in two and two putting for birdie.

Saturday, being my birthday and being able to do what I wanted I dragged my FIL, Senior, out to San Carlos toplay. I was hitting the ball very well and even better on the back 9. The number 13 par 5 is a dogleg left with water down the right side that continues in front of the green. The guy in the couple that we were playing with said he was going to cut the corner and try for the green in 2 because the wind was blowing the right way...he talked me into doing the same. Hit a nice drive 237 to the middle giving me 183 to the centre. I absolutely blasted a 3 hybrid, laser straight, hit the green and it kept going...ended up behind the green with an impressive 229 yard shot. Chipped back and two putted for par.

I ended up shooting a 48/42 for 90, no penalties, which I was quite happy about.

San Carlos 02-17-2018.png

Senior and I mid round.

Me and Senior at San Carlos..jpg

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Got out there for the first time yesterday in the frigid high-thrity degree temps so the expectation wasn't too high, just happy to be out there. The course was soaked and I didn't get any warm-ups of any kind so the front nine was pretty rough. After hole ten I put the driver and 3w in the bag for the day and then went +7 over the next 7 holes---including 3 pars. That was the best seven hole streak of golf of my life so I came away pretty pleased (prior 9-hole best was 46). The highlights of the round were the first tee (only good shot I hit in the first ten holes), an 8 footer for par on 11 that kicked off the run, and a sweet up and down from a wet sand for par on 14 where I used a low-bounce 60* to pick it right out of there while barely touching the sand, and put it a few feet from the hole. 

:mizuno-small: ST 180 Driver & 3W

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 4i-GW

:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges

The same putter I used since I was 12 years old

#TrustTheProcess 

Weekends are the only time my wife gets to play since she still works.  So what's the weather like on the weekend?  Miserable!!  I looked at the forecast on Friday for Saturday and picked an 8:15am tee time.  The wind was only going to blow 15-25mph in the morning, but was supposed to pick up to 25-35mph with gusts to 50 in the afternoon.  It did, but we finished the round before noon. 42* when we teed off.  Not a good day for me; shot 86, just a tough day to play.

Sunday was a little better but colder.  It was 36* when we teed off at 10:15am and the wind was blowing about 10mph.  It was sunny, but snowing!!   :blink:   Yes, snowing!!!  Didn't stick.  Here's a pic of my wife teeing off on #3.  

IMG_0847.jpg

You can see shadows, and the whites specs on her black clothes are snowflakes, not dandruff.  I shot 77 with an even par 37 on the front nine with birdies on the par 3 #4 (4 foot putt) and the par 5 #5 (30 foot L to R putt).  I've only shot even par on the front nine one other time, so I was really happy.  The clouds rolled in by the turn and the wind picked up. I shot a +5 40 on the back nine with one birdie, 4 bogeys and a double bogey on #18.

Mondays are my usual walking round with the guys, but it's supposed to be 19* tomorrow morning so I think I will pass.

Have been able to get out the past couple of weekends and my game is showing some signs of being up to par but still lots of mistakes. Yesterday was 50, wet, and windy. Couldn't find a dry spot in the fairways and the greens were fast.

Got to the course about 1 1/2 hours early and worked on my pitch shots. Probably the best I have hit pitches in a long time. Liked what I was able to accomplish with the practice session. Rolled some putts to get the feel of the green and work in my stroke based on feedback from my instructor. Had sent some video to my putting instructor based on some issues I was having at the end of last season (too many 3 putts) and a recent puttlab report. we discussed my stroke and how it was using mostly arms with minimal shoulders. Discussed the pros and cons of this approach and I decided I needed to engage my shoulders more. Even without much practice I could see that I am rolling the ball better having better speed and direction control.

Biggest issue this weekend was the short chip that needs that 1:1 type rollout. When using the wedge I had a tendency to blade the ball. Also had some trouble with my hybrids off the tee; which was surprising since it is one of my go to clubs off the tee on short par 4s. Maybe related to what I am thinking is over swinging. Need to maintain a good tempo or my body turns way ahead of my arms.

Even though I am not scoring well, I am happy with the ball striking, putting, and how I was pitching the ball.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

After being down with the FLU for past 1.5 weeks thought I d give it a go this morning. Nope, no way. Made 7 holes and otta gas. Had 2 doubles, 2 bogs & 3 pars. Pars were “excuse me” type pars. Gonna back off and try 9 Friday.

Rick

Left Hand, 

After being down with the FLU for past 1.5 weeks thought I d give it a go this morning. Nope, no way. Made 7 holes and otta gas. Had 2 doubles, 2 bogs & 3 pars. Pars were “excuse me” type pars. Gonna back off and try 9 Friday.

WHAT!!  Get back inside and take care of yourself!!!  Remember... you are...  71

WHAT!! Get back inside and take care of yourself!!! Remember... you are... 71

Oops, forgot

Rick

Left Hand, 

I played Eagle Ridge at Fort Meyers this morning. I was paired with some seasoned gentlemen from Canada, Alabama and not sure where the last guy was from. We had a fun game. The front 9 is really tight, I mean really tight...lost a few balls and ended up with a 51. The back 9 opens up a bit but I started running out of gas and shot a 48 for an overall 99, which is actually 6 shots better than last year.

I hit 8 fairways and had 5 GIR's, which is a big improvement from last year.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Been a while since I last posted but here are my last three scores.

81 (par 72)

91 (par 73)

79 (par 73)

Played ok for the 81 but was a round of contrasts, went double bogey, bogey, bogey, EAGLE!! (chip in for 2 on a par 4), birdie and so on. Lots of fun but lost about 6 balls in lakes.

91 was a bad day and nothing went right but enjoyed the day.

79 what can I say, very good day to shoot 6 over including a double and only 1 birdie.

The 91 and 79 are Club Championship qualifying and thanks to the huge turn around I will qualify. So over all my golf is getting much better.

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Been a while since I last posted but here are my last three scores.

81 (par 72)

91 (par 73)

79 (par 73)

Played ok for the 81 but was a round of contrasts, went double bogey, bogey, bogey, EAGLE!! (chip in for 2 on a par 4), birdie and so on. Lots of fun but lost about 6 balls in lakes.

91 was a bad day and nothing went right but enjoyed the day.

79 what can I say, very good day to shoot 6 over including a double and only 1 birdie.

The 91 and 79 are Club Championship qualifying and thanks to the huge turn around I will qualify. So over all my golf is getting much better.

Sounds like you will be ready to take some folks to the woodshed in that club championship  ;)

Cleveland

Still sucking but seem to be getting better.

Four rounds last week(Fri-Sun) 44/44; 44/44; 45/43; 43/45.

Today I shot a 41/45 and took home $95 for 2nd place in points game, CTP & Skin.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Still sucking but seem to be getting better.

Four rounds last week(Fri-Sun) 44/44; 44/44; 45/43; 43/45.

Today I shot a 41/45 and took home $95 for 2nd place in points game, CTP & Skin.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

You getting better or getting better at sucking?

Way to go on bringing home the bacon!

Cleveland