TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played the first two rounds of match play in the club champs yesterday and won both. Didn't play well but did enough for a 1 up in the morning and a 2/1 in the afternoon. So I am on to the semi final next Saturday.

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Played the first two rounds of match play in the club champs yesterday and won both. Didn't play well but did enough for a 1 up in the morning and a 2/1 in the afternoon. So I am on to the semi final next Saturday.

Keep it going

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

My first official posted round of 2018 was less than eventful.  My whole body hurt from tree trimming yesterday, and we started off this morning with a 45 minute frost delay.  Sunny, cold, no wind.  My wife and I got paired with one of the kids that works at the club (his day off) and his brother... twenty-somethings... both leftys.  We've played with them before; hit the ball a mile but have no game.  Because of the delay, groups were stacked up eager to play when the club allowed them to tee off.  The starter allowed us to start on #10 and we had the entire 9-holes to ourselves.  The trick was sliding into the groups teeing off on #1 when we made the turn.

Nothing really clicked for me and I shot 41/41=82... just a bunch of bogeys and no birdies.  The round could have been really good if my short game had shown up.  I think the sore muscles in my arms and shoulders were responsible.  I missed 10 greens and only got up and down 2 times.  I'm normally disappointed with 6 out of 10.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.  It certainly will be warmer; teeing off at 10:30 with temps supposed to be 55* and again... no wind!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My first official posted round of 2018 was less than eventful. My whole body hurt from tree trimming yesterday, and we started off this morning with a 45 minute frost delay. Sunny, cold, no wind. My wife and I got paired with one of the kids that works at the club (his day off) and his brother... twenty-somethings... both leftys. We've played with them before; hit the ball a mile but have no game. Because of the delay, groups were stacked up eager to play when the club allowed them to tee off. The starter allowed us to start on #10 and we had the entire 9-holes to ourselves. The trick was sliding into the groups teeing off on #1 when we made the turn.

Nothing really clicked for me and I shot 41/41=82... just a bunch of bogeys and no birdies. The round could have been really good if my short game had shown up. I think the sore muscles in my arms and shoulders were responsible. I missed 10 greens and only got up and down 2 times. I'm normally disappointed with 6 out of 10. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better. It certainly will be warmer; teeing off at 10:30 with temps supposed to be 55* and again... no wind!!

55*, no wind, shoot 82 sounds like a good day early season

Rick

Left Hand, 

2018 first round 42* windy & cloudy.

51/46 = 97

Putts 36

Par 4

Bog 6

Bog + 8

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

7th Annual Mulligans Cup at Pebble Creek GC.......one Bogey & 6 Birdies for a 66. This garnered second place, losing by one stroke! There is no reward for 2nd! It is a two man Scramble, winner gets the cup! Oh well, we sure had fun trying....

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

First round of 2018 and the Nuts played on a rain soaked course. Even after 2 sunny nice days the course still had standing water in spots and almost every step you took you heard the hated "squash". Cart path only was a given but we still had 24 guys show up.

My game was rusty but I was able to keep it under a 100 and not hurt myself. Lol a good day after such a long layoff.

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Another frost delay on Sunday, but they almost made it up before our 10:34 tee time.  My wife and I got paired with another couple from Sandpoint, ID.  They came down to play here because they still have snow on the ground.  It was a struggle for me because they probably shot 100-125 and we waited around a lot; it was their first time out this year and they hit a bunch of mulligans.  However, I tried to just focus on my upcoming shot and played pretty well.  I only missed one fairway... #16, but I'm still birdieless for this posting season.  Short game still needs work.  Missed 10 greens; same as Saturday but got up and down 4 times instead of 2.  I can do better.  Shot 79.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Got out there for the second round of the season yesterday---it was cold (45*), windy (20+MPH), and the ground was soaked. Still not comfortable using the driver, or even the 3-wood for that matter, on the course. 

Started out with my best 8 holes ever (+9, thru 8) and was sitting 100 out on my third shot on a par-5 9th hole at Rancocas in NJ. Skulled a SW over the green en route to a 10 (ten!) on the par-5. After that I struggled putting shots together as the back 9 was a wash and I finished over 100... still yet to crack the big one zero zero. 

Shot of the day: As much as I'd love to call the 12-foot par put on the first hole, hardest on the course, to start off the round---I just cant. I've worked all winter to turn a horrific slice into a baby draw and I'm really hesitant trying to hit a fade due to being scared of falling back into bad habits. Second shot, sitting about 180 away with a strong right to left wind. Bunker on the front right of green and the back left so the 'right shot' is to play a fade between the bunkers---with the issue being the cross wind. Well, I hit my 7i freaking perfectly and put it 15 feet away, knocking down the one foot par putt after a good attempt on the 15 footer. It's amazing that when you're on the course you don't think of your good shots because you have to 'turn the page' onto the next shot---but when you finish the round those few really good strikes are all that you remember. 

:mizuno-small: ST 180 Driver & 3W

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 4i-GW

:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges

The same putter I used since I was 12 years old

#TrustTheProcess 

I shot 83 today and loss $3.25. . If you don't win greenies, birdies, sandies, etc. you get ya butt spanked in my group. We only play for quarters however I'm tired of losing my last three times out!!!

I was on a roll for a while and now I'm giving it all back..

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

7:30 tee time 45*, a little chilly for FL. Shot 43-41 for 84. Not pretty but not horrible either.

After front 9 warmed up OK but wind also picked up.

All in all a nice morning!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Sun finally came back out here in my part of Oregon and I managed to get 9 in. Shot 40 gping +3 on 17 and 18. 18 has haunted for for years. Huge sloped green over a creek.Probably a 3 club difference from to back.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I shot 83 today and loss $3.25. . If you don't win greenies, birdies, sandies, etc. you get ya butt spanked in my group. We only play for quarters however I'm tired of losing my last three times out!!!

I was on a roll for a while and now I'm giving it all back..

We played in a pretty stout wind Saturday and the par 3 16th had all three carry over greenies, and nobody came close to the green. We all kind of played meh in the group, at the end of the day we all paid zero.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Only played 9 holes today walking, but my short game returned.  The wind was back up to about 15mph and I missed 8 greens, but three of those were on the fringe.  Got up and down 6 times. Highlight was a 10 yard hole-out pitch shot off a steep downhill lie.  Shot +3 for a 40.

Played 18 today and struggled, kicked, and fought hard to shoot an 86. Frost delay, clear and breezy. Two birdies. An 8 iron to two feet. The second was another 8 iron to the top tier leaving a long downhill big breaking putt. Only hit 7 greens and 6 fairways. Something like 34 putts..not a great round. At it again in the morning and I dont anticipate a delay with cloud cover in its way.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Played 18 today and struggled, kicked, and fought hard to shoot an 86. Frost delay, clear and breezy. Two birdies. An 8 iron to two feet. The second was another 8 iron to the top tier leaving a long downhill big breaking putt. Only hit 7 greens and 6 fairways. Something like 34 putts..not a great round. At it again in the morning and I dont anticipate a delay with cloud cover in its way.

Nothing wrong with an 86 in winter

Rick

Left Hand, 

I also got stuck behind 2 very slow groups with really no place to go. The kind of group that that forgets clubs and towels across the green on every hole, writes their scores in the carts next to the green, and cant hit the ball across the water. And being superstitious I went against that today. I have ALWAYS played with a white glove but picked up several black gloves for cheap at the PDX golf show. I almost bailed after 9 but gutted it out. First 18 as a non smoker and it almost got the best of me. Rant and complaining over....

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

First off the tee with half hour frost delay. Much better round today than yesterday. 79...Only hit 5 fairways but no terrible misses. 8 GIR...33 putts...Really need to work on my putting. Par 71 course. Love being first off the box as I can set my own pace.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I actually played really well for once! Smashed my previous low score by four shots with a one under 71. I can't stop thinking about how much better it could have been, though. I missed 8 putts under 10 feet! At least I know what I need to work on...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Played my first 9 holes of the season yesterday evening. It was a clear blue day but still a little chilly with the wind. My buddy and I decided the best way to hit every club in the bag was by playing two paces off the back edge of the tips at Walnut Creek Golf Preserve. 3855 yards, wet fairways and bumpy dormant greens made for some brutal golf. Shot 3 over (2 bogeys, 1 double, 1 birdie) and mostly made decent swings so I'm not beating myself up too bad. My new Adams DHY Super Proto 21 is super solid and a welcome addition to the top end of the bag. Excited to be playing again and looking forward to working off the rust.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Had to bag the “Friday Bacon Boys “. 42*, 7:30 tee time and about 45 minute cart ride. Nope, not for us.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Finally got out yesterday to play the nine course adjacent to the main course (lacked daylight to play main course). Shot +2 thought first nine, including a birdie on three. Finished on 13/ hole 4 in total 4 over.

Love my new to me G30s, easy off the tee, sweet from fairway. Still tinkering with putter grip; practicing pencil and double overlap. Good time and only paid $9.

WITB 2021
Driver: Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 9* w/ C.Kua Stiff

FW: Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 15* w/ C.Kua Stiff

HY: Cleveland Launcher Halo 19* w/ C.Kua Stiff 

Irons: Titleist 716 AP1 4-PW w/ KBS 90 Stiff

Wedges: Vokey SM8 50*, 54*, & 60^

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Laguna 2 OR OG Futura

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1/V1x OR Chrome Soft TT

Bag: Sun Mountain 2019 4.5 14way carry

Clothes: Nike OR Under Armour 

Played 18 after work and probably should have stayed home. 89..nothing good to say other than a few short iron shots. Time to head to the range to straighten myself out a few days and find my tempo. All out of whack .

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Played 18 after work and probably should have stayed home. 89..nothing good to say other than a few short iron shots. Time to head to the range to straighten myself out a few days and find my tempo. All out of whack .

It's amazing how quickly the "out of whack" swing happens.  Last Sunday I thought all was good... I was wrong!

Played the club champs semi final today. Managed to win on the 19th after being two down with three to play. 36 hole final next Saturday.

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

A very ugly 13 over playing off 6. First hole summed up my front 9, hit a gap wedge that pitched about 15 foot from the pin, spun back off the green about 30 metres.

Lowlights were a 4 putt double on 9, and hitting the wrong ball on 16 for another double. Highlight was hitting my 2nd on the 520 yard 14th to 10 foot, missed the putt and had a 3" birdie putt.

Unseasonably hot at 97F, but very little wind.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I went out with my 10 year old daughter to play 18. I ended-up playing 15 due to time constraints, but it was an ok day, golf-wise. I didn't keep score, and if I didn't hit the fairway I picked-up and dropped in the fairway because of the condition of the course. I hit some good shots with my irons and wedges, but the driver swing was way off. A TON of drives off the “bottom groove” and heel-side. That means I'm early-extending... Ugh. It was a pretty day, and I love to spend time with my daughter, so all-in-all it was a great round!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I went out with my 10 year old daughter to play 18. I ended-up playing 15 due to time constraints, but it was an ok day, golf-wise. I didn't keep score, and if I didn't hit the fairway I picked-up and dropped in the fairway because of the condition of the course. I hit some good shots with my irons and wedges, but the driver swing was way off. A TON of drives off the “bottom groove” and heel-side. That means I'm early-extending... Ugh. It was a pretty day, and I love to spend time with my daughter, so all-in-all it was a great round!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What a great bonding time - you and your daughter.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I played the 6 hole par-3 course at our downtown TFT location with my 10 year old while her older sis worked the register. We had a blast, even though it was a little chilly out there. I can't wait until those Champions Bermuda greens wake up. That little course is going to be sweet, and it's 2.5 miles from my office.

Got to put my new CBX to work today. Using that thing is like cheating.

Beating drivers into the simulator afterward might not have been the best idea. Tomorrow may be interesting.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino