Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Actually got to play 18 today at my club. Started on the back and some good and some not so good. Shot 7 over 41 on the back to limp to the first tee. Shot 1 under on the front with the first eagle of the season to shoot 77. Will take t for the first round on a windy day.

Did get to see something for the first time. My partner chunked a wedge into the water off the tee on the par 3 10th then promptly holed out his second for a routine three.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Guys were telling you it's an easy game

That's great !!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played horrible but scored well. Shot 38/47:85 and tied for 3rd in the points game at +2........$42. I lost a sleeve of Q Star Tours to the many lakes of Pebble Creek.....that's 3 penalties which would have me in first place if I had none....LOL. Did have one birdie and putted for several more. Gamed my Ping Ketsch today as I was having issues with Arccoss sensor and the counterbalanced 30 gram weight in my EVNROLL ER6. The Ketsch handled great!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Played a tight course today, and if I could get back the EIGHT, count 'em, EIGHT penalties, and 3 inexcusable missed putts, I'd have shot 83.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Buy another wedge to compensate

I keep mulling over a 4th wedge and pulling a wood. Ive worked hard at making my wedges more versatile but Im starting to thing more and more as of late about pulling the trigger. Got me thinking...great...and the wallet thanks you.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Ive been wearing shorts but my requirement us 60 degrees.

Ive been riding mostly as I dont care to walk when really soggy conditions.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Played a quick 9. 2 over after 2 and wasnt feeling it. Pulled a driver left off 3, hit a house REALLY hard! Didnt even bother with a provisional as I was pretty shook up and was going to call it a day after meeting Mr and Mrs homeowner. Got up there and nobody looked to be home.Found my ball in bounds so I plugged on to a +5. House literally sits 10 feet from OB stakes. It was the hardest hit on a house Ive made. Not my best evening as I feel like it was a sign that I had painting to do instead of golf.The plus side...A new member is pretty easy on the eyes😁

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

My wife and I played today... it is our 11th anniversary.  On our wedding day we rented a 9-hole executive course for the day, had the ceremony on the 1st tee with about 100 people in attendance.  We were married by a jazz musician from Seattle that we have played golf with for several years.  The ceremony took 2 minutes, we turned around and teed off.  Everyone was welcome to play as much as they wanted.  I think our group was a 9-some!!

One couple that was in that 9-some played with us today.  Sunny, but lots of wind... again!!  Every part of my game forgot to show up.  It was embarrassing, especially when the GHIN computer says that my score is higher than usual; do I want to post it.  No I don't want to post it, but it was what I shot.  Terrible... just terrible.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Shot an 83 today. A couple of fat iron shots and a bladed wedge out of a concrete-like bunker cost me at least three shots today, and my longest putt made was maybe five feet. Arccos is telling me that I pretty much suck all around, but my iron game is the worst of the worst.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Awful start on Saturday, 9 over after 6 holes. Found my game and managed to grind it out to finish 12 over. First round in ages with virtually no wind and I wasted it.

Played interclub matchplay today, at what would be a Muni in the US. Certainly not the conditions I'm used to, bare or patchy fairways for the most part, and incredibly soft greens. Started poorly again, was 3 down after 3. Improved from there, ended up losing 2 and 1, played 4-17 in 1 over but gave up too big a start. Highlight was a 3 wood from 260 yards to set up a 12 foot eagle putt. Left the putt an inch short, but had 3 putts to win the hole.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I played pretty poorly today. Putted better than my last round for the most part but had one 5 putt where my stroke took a break. I don't carry an official handicap so I stopped really counting. My irons had no distance until I figured out I was taking my club back way too fast. Once I figured it out I played better but my driving didn't work that well and made me work hard to get close to par. It makes me wonder if I need to get my clubs readjusted I'm thinking my lie may be off.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The second day of our spring tournament, two man team with my son in law, fourth flight.  First day was better ball, we finished +2 (74), middle of the flight but two teams went out to a pretty good lead.  The greens yesterday were at 11.5 and pavement hard with plenty of undulation so we felt pretty good about +2.  Today rain was forecast and it started on our first hole, .7 inch fell while we played.  The greens were "only" at 11 today and eventually the rain softened them a little.  Today was two man scramble format, we did a good job except never made a putt, burnt the edges off the hole time after time but nothing dropped.  Again, finished at +2 with 16 pars and 2 bogies.  With 4 over for two days, we finished third,  second place was even and the winner was one under.  There were a lot of putts that could have fallen in over the two days but that's the difference in winning and finishing third.  

In the bag:

Driver:  Ping G 400 Max

Fairway: Ping G 400, 7 w

Hybrids: Ping G 25,  4

Irons:  Taylormade P 790, 4 through P

Wedges:  Titleist Vokey SM 7,  54  and 58

Putter:  Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

The second day of our spring tournament, two man team with my son in law, fourth flight. First day was better ball, we finished +2 (74), middle of the flight but two teams went out to a pretty good lead. The greens yesterday were at 11.5 and pavement hard with plenty of undulation so we felt pretty good about +2. Today rain was forecast and it started on our first hole, .7 inch fell while we played. The greens were "only" at 11 today and eventually the rain softened them a little. Today was two man scramble format, we did a good job except never made a putt, burnt the edges off the hole time after time but nothing dropped. Again, finished at +2 with 16 pars and 2 bogies. With 4 over for two days, we finished third, second place was even and the winner was one under. There were a lot of putts that could have fallen in over the two days but that's the difference in winning and finishing third.

And I bet you two had a blast!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Shot an 87 but Arccos had me at a 69. First time breaking 70. I guess it's time to edit the app.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Game is starting to come together.  Making fewer mistakes and avoiding the big numbers.  Focusing on maintaining a good tempo has improved ball striking with every club in the bag. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I played in the opening member member tournament today and shot an uneventful 75. Not too much great and not too much went bad but still need some short game reps.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

60* today, ground still wet.

Where your shot hits the ground it's within 6" of the ball mark.

44/46. 90

Far 8

GIR 2

Putts 19/19 38

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

60* today, ground still wet.

Where your shot hits the ground it's within 6" of the ball mark.

44/46. 90

Far 8

GIR 2

Putts 19/19 38

Everything will get better as the course dries out

Rick

Left Hand, 

Game is starting to come together. Making fewer mistakes and avoiding the big numbers. Focusing on maintaining a good tempo has improved ball striking with every club in the bag.

Similar to My 2 problems tempo & swing plane and for me there connected. If my tempo is off my swing plane goes off.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Similar to My 2 problems tempo & swing plane and for me there connected. If my tempo is off my swing plane goes off.

WOW We truly are brothers from another Mother! 100% agree with above statement

Cleveland

WOW We truly are brothers from another Mother! 100% agree with above statement

I'm a slow learner, took me a long time to figure it out. When I don't concentrate on tempo whoops there goes the swing plane

Rick

Left Hand, 

I'm a slow learner, took me a long time to figure it out. When I don't concentrate on tempo whoops there goes the swing plane

Absolutely!   If I get too quick, I jerk it back flat/inside and look out duck hook city.  Take it back slow and low and it's on like donkey kong. 

Cleveland

Absolutely!   If I get too quick, I jerk it back flat/inside and look out duck hook city.  Take it back slow and low and it's on like donkey kong. 

It is interesting how people do things a little different.  My tempo issue is I get too quick starting the downswing.  I need to feel like I pause at the top to let everything get in sync.   Wondering if heavier shafts would help.  My current shafts are in the 105 range but my fitting put me in 120gr shafts.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Hmmmmm maybe however that would be one of those fitting questions. What would be cool is if you had an old 7 iron where you could try that heavy shaft?

Cleveland

Odd day on the links.  Course is drying as we finally are getting dry and in the 70's. The good....Hit all but one fairway today and the one I missed rolled long by  a few feet.  Last time for driver until fall.  The bad...Only hit 4 greens...30 putts.  Shot 83.Im good with 83 normally, but not when hitting that many fairways. Zero confidence in my approaches these days.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Absolutely! If I get too quick, I jerk it back flat/inside and look out duck hook city. Take it back slow and low and it's on like donkey kong.

When I lose tempo (fast) I'm to the outside then cut across the ball then hit it off the toe for a weak slice.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Weather finally broke...played 4 times in the past week.....started out like a house on fire.....then the flames started fizzling out a little...Monday night league starts tonight....hope for a little re-kindling of the fire....so does my partner......

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Driver   :bridgestone-small:     JGR 9.5 R Flex Adila 65        

3 Wood  :callaway-logo-1:            XR RFlex Fujikura Evolution

5 Wood :callaway-logo-1:            XR R Flex Project X 5.5                                     

7Wood  :adams-small:    Speedline LP R Flex Matix HD Radix 5.1                                                                                                           Irons      :bridgestone-small:   4 thru A Wedge  J-15 CB R Flex NS Pro                                                                                                             Wedges :cleveland-small:              56 CG 15                                                                                                                                                                           XE!                      65                                                                                                                                                                       Putter      :EVNROLL:         ER 5  Hatchback                                                                                                                                                Ball          :titelist-small:                 NXT Tour S                                                                                                                                      

Hmmmmm maybe however that would be one of those fitting questions. What would be cool is if you had an old 7 iron where you could try that heavy shaft?

I still have my previous set with Dynamic Golds which are a 130gr shaft. May have to take those clubs out sometime to compare.

I still have my previous set with Dynamic Golds which are a 130gr shaft. May have to take those clubs out sometime to compare.

Sounds like a good plan to me!  Good luck buddy and I hope you find that magic combo. 

Cleveland

Got to play yesterday at our home course.  Shot an even par 72.  Had one bad hole, made a 7 on our 7th a par 4.  OB left.  Worst swing of the day, not even the twist face could save it ha.  Other than that hole I was very please with how I played.  I also sold my putter during the round and have a new Taylormade Spider tour black coming Thursday. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Got to play yesterday at our home course.  Shot an even par 72.  Had one bad hole, made a 7 on our 7th a par 4.  OB left.  Worst swing of the day, not even the twist face could save it ha.  Other than that hole I was very please with how I played.  I also sold my putter during the round and have a new Taylormade Spider tour black coming Thursday. 

Dayuuummmm  that must be fun shooting even par with a triple on the card!   Well done!!

Cleveland