Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

I played "well" yesterday using my 3W shaft in my driver. Mucked-up the first hole real bad, but had 2 nice pars with the last on 18 after sculling my tee shot about 100-yds ahead, then pitched to within 3-ft! A great end to a not-so-bad back 9.

IMG_20180422_180449814.jpg

One shot better (you know who you are-missed 4-ft par putt on 16! :blush: ) and I could've added to the "Milestone" thread of breaking 100-! :angry:

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

The second day of our spring tournament, two man team with my son in law, fourth flight.  First day was better ball, we finished +2 (74), middle of the flight but two teams went out to a pretty good lead.  The greens yesterday were at 11.5 and pavement hard with plenty of undulation so we felt pretty good about +2.  Today rain was forecast and it started on our first hole, .7 inch fell while we played.  The greens were "only" at 11 today and eventually the rain softened them a little.  Today was two man scramble format, we did a good job except never made a putt, burnt the edges off the hole time after time but nothing dropped.  Again, finished at +2 with 16 pars and 2 bogies.  With 4 over for two days, we finished third,  second place was even and the winner was one under.  There were a lot of putts that could have fallen in over the two days but that's the difference in winning and finishing third.  

That's pretty good coming from middle of the pack to third.  Congratulations!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Yesterday was a nice day... 68* and only a slight breeze.  Temps are warming up; looking at mid-80's this week.

My wife and I played 18 holes and tied; both of us shot 84.  A great round for her; not the best for me... 45/39.  She was hitting ball well, so she said: "Let's play the front nine again!"  I said "OK" and we grabbed a couple of Miller Lites.  I birdied the first two holes and shot 39; kicked her arse!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Happy Anniversary Kenny!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Foz, Matt and my dear, dear friend Gene and I had more fun than four guys should be allowed to have on a course today.

Ten years okay Gene was told that he had a zero chance of living six months unless he tried a stem cell transplant. He did at a 50/50 shot. He hit the trifecta and so got to play with us today. Classmate of mine at Seminary who was once a great player. He marveled that Foz and I had putters by Guerin Rife!!!

The highlight of the day was when he had a 10 footer and I a 6 footer for birdie. I looked at him and said, “Just like the old days, Gene. And Foz is playing the role of Rick. The next thing we knew Foz, who was behind trees and a ball washer, pitched his ball on the green. And Gene smiled.”

:)

What a great day

Wow .. what a really nice story! A day like that .. unfortunately all too rare .. just makes it all very worthwhile.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Played 9 yesterday afternoon and - in what hopefully it's a preview of more good things to come this season - hit 8 of 9 tee shots well or "almost".

This is a huge departure from all previous seasons where I've generally struggled off the tee.

Cannot brag as much about my second shots, though ... those were a bit 50/50, but did have two really nice ones: a 6i from about 158 out and just into the right rough to a very small and very sloped green that went high and straight but faded off just a touch at the end to land about 3 feet right of the green (but from that distance heck I will take that all day every day!); and a lob wedge from about 62 (right side rough again...) and uphill that ended within a makeable distance.

Stupid thing was I'd forgotten my putter at home, so was trying to put with the hybrid. Was generally starting them online but did not have the proper distance control... Also didn't have the gap wedge which I definitely could've used a few times.

Close-in chipping needs more work.

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

I was able to play both Friday and Saturday. Both rounds had some ups and downs. I really had trouble reading the speed of my putts which left me with quite a few 3 putts. What was surprising though was my tee ball. I only missed one fairway total for both rounds. Normally my tee shot is the weak point and I am able to make up for it with my great short game. But the past few rounds it's been the opposite. Man, you just have to love this game sometimes...

Going to try to slip out this weekend and work on chipping and putting.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last Friday was my practice round for the state 4ball. Hadn't played the course in over a decade and didn't remember it at all. I only hit a grand total of 4 fairways (2 with irons) and still managed to shoot 69 playing it down/ putting it out.
Golf is hilarious in that the second you figure out one part of your game, another part leaves you. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Got only 5 holes in this morning before the deluge!! I was playing OK nothing great but 4 th hole was a trip. Hit a killer drive 80 yds to the hole on a narrow kidney shaped green with a bunker in front and water in back. Well blew the 80 yarder, hit out of trap almost in the water, 1chip, 2 putts. What a waste of a great drive

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Today was our first day of good weather. Played terribly but it was 72° and sunny!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Golf is hilarious in that the second you figure out one part of your game, another part leaves you.

Oh yeah .. we're all laughing hysterically .. totally LOL'ing......

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Yesterday was my Monday walking round with guys at the club.  I had been playing poorly until the second nine on Sunday, then played a third nine on Sunday where I was +2.  So I was not sure which Kenny B was going to show up on Monday.  

One of the guys I play with is a retired USMC colonel pilot and a very good stick.  Some days we can be very close, but he usually whips my arse.  He has a killer short game; or at least he usually does.  Not Monday.  I beat him by 10 shots!! I've never seen him miss so many shots!!   I shot 79.  I didn't hit many GIR, but I did get up and down 9 of 13 times from inside 20 yards.  

My highlight for the day was on #18.  Seems like it's always my nemesis hole; a dogleg left par 5 with a big tree at the dogleg and sand and water running all the way to and in front of the green from 170y out on the right.  I don't hit the ball far enough to get a good look around the corner, so I have to go under, over, or around that tree.  I decided to try a low draw because from my lie the tree is too high to go over.  Ball didn't draw... in bunker 140y out with a lip to go over.  Punched a 9i out to 80y for my 3rd shot.  Hit a poor wedge for my 4th that barely cleared the sand to the front part of the green... pin in the back.  Dang!  Putt was about 40 feet for par.  I thought a two-putt would be good and a score of 80.  As soon as I struck the ball, I had a feeling that it was going in, and I yelled it out to my buddies when it was halfway to the hole.  Perfect line; perfect speed. 

Yesterday was my Monday walking round with guys at the club. I had been playing poorly until the second nine on Sunday, then played a third nine on Sunday where I was +2. So I was not sure which Kenny B was going to show up on Monday.

One of the guys I play with is a retired USMC colonel pilot and a very good stick. Some days we can be very close, but he usually whips my arse. He has a killer short game; or at least he usually does. Not Monday. I beat him by 10 shots!! I've never seen him miss so many shots!! I shot 79. I didn't hit many GIR, but I did get up and down 9 of 13 times from inside 20 yards.

My highlight for the day was on #18. Seems like it's always my nemesis hole; a dogleg left par 5 with a big tree at the dogleg and sand and water running all the way to and in front of the green from 170y out on the right. I don't hit the ball far enough to get a good look around the corner, so I have to go under, over, or around that tree. I decided to try a low draw because from my lie the tree is too high to go over. Ball didn't draw... in bunker 140y out with a lip to go over. Punched a 9i out to 80y for my 3rd shot. Hit a poor wedge for my 4th that barely cleared the sand to the front part of the green... pin in the back. Dang! Putt was about 40 feet for par. I thought a two-putt would be good and a score of 80. As soon as I struck the ball, I had a feeling that it was going in, and I yelled it out to my buddies when it was halfway to the hole. Perfect line; perfect speed.

I love Happy Endings

Well Done

Rick

Left Hand, 

42 + 42 / 84 today.   My chipping was absolutely horrendous today!  :angry:   I will say we had torrential down pours last night and the course was cart path only.  It's hard to chip in muddy conditions.    

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Yesterday was my Monday walking round with guys at the club. I had been playing poorly until the second nine on Sunday, then played a third nine on Sunday where I was +2. So I was not sure which Kenny B was going to show up on Monday.

One of the guys I play with is a retired USMC colonel pilot and a very good stick. Some days we can be very close, but he usually whips my arse. He has a killer short game; or at least he usually does. Not Monday. I beat him by 10 shots!! I've never seen him miss so many shots!! I shot 79. I didn't hit many GIR, but I did get up and down 9 of 13 times from inside 20 yards.

My highlight for the day was on #18. Seems like it's always my nemesis hole; a dogleg left par 5 with a big tree at the dogleg and sand and water running all the way to and in front of the green from 170y out on the right. I don't hit the ball far enough to get a good look around the corner, so I have to go under, over, or around that tree. I decided to try a low draw because from my lie the tree is too high to go over. Ball didn't draw... in bunker 140y out with a lip to go over. Punched a 9i out to 80y for my 3rd shot. Hit a poor wedge for my 4th that barely cleared the sand to the front part of the green... pin in the back. Dang! Putt was about 40 feet for par. I thought a two-putt would be good and a score of 80. As soon as I struck the ball, I had a feeling that it was going in, and I yelled it out to my buddies when it was halfway to the hole. Perfect line; perfect speed.

Nice - great save, old ;-) man !!!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

... After playing a ton of courses in Phoenix for the first time and several a few times, it was nice to finally play Naperbrook, one of my familiar courses back home in Chicago. Very windy and the greens had just been aerated and were just silly slow, a bad combination. Somehow I managed to hit 16 greens and had 4 birdie putts inside of 2 feet making all of them. Had quite a few more around 6 feet and had very little chance of making them as they bounced around like a game of Chinese Checkers. Ended up with a 2 under 70 and it could have really been really low with normal greens. This was my first round under par in awhile as I hit par a few times in Phoenix but never under as, it was always a learning experience on new courses. Good start to the season and I am looking forward to some warm weather here! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

42 + 42 / 84 today. My chipping was absolutely horrendous today! :angry: I will say we had torrential down pours last night and the course was cart path only. It's hard to chip in muddy conditions.

I had the same problem today. Sloppy conditions made for a rough short game.

I drove the ball pretty well today considering half the drives were plugged, but irons were a disappointment. I continue to be a bit amazed the way the Snell Reds stop when I actually strike the ball well.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I drove the ball pretty well today considering half the drives were plugged, but irons were a disappointment. I continue to be a bit amazed the way the Snell Reds stop when I actually strike the ball well.

Yup on the Snell Reds

Rick

Left Hand, 

I'm a fan of the Snell balls and no doubt will be ordering some more.  So far I've only lost one out of the dozen I purchased and the other two I put in  play are holding up well. 

Cleveland

I'm a fan of the Snell balls and no doubt will be ordering some more. So far I've only lost one out of the dozen I purchased and the other two I put in play are holding up well.

Lost 3, not sure how many holes but substantial. Hold up well.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played 27 yesterday.  83 I think.  Played fairly well overall.  The 9 I played after so as well.  Probably should've drank water instead of adult beverages.  

Today....41 on the front then a 49 on the back.  I pushed/sliced about 5 or 6 drivers right which is something I haven't done much as of late.  I've actually been hitting 75 percent of my fairways the last few weeks until today.  Here in Oregon it was low 80's so all is well:}

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Got to play a different course today, proper links but no wind. I am away from home and didn't have my clubs, gloves or shoes but had a blast. Shot 87 on a par 71 (46-41)and had a nice run of pars in the middle. Thought that wasn't too bad with weird hire clubs.

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Shot 42 then played 18...Skied to a 93. Season high. Driver and wedge non-existent. Time to lay off for a week and get home items marked off.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

37 front44 back

Played the front in 1 hour 40 minutes 2 birds, 3 bogies then cooled our heels for 40 minutes at the turn. Beautiful morning mid 60's to low 70's.

Rick

Left Hand, 

37 front44 back

Played the front in 1 hour 40 minutes 2 birds, 3 bogies then cooled our heels for 40 minutes at the turn. Beautiful morning mid 60's to low 70's.

Well done buddy!

Cleveland

Well done buddy!

It was one of those mornings that was great to be alive!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Finally picked up the clubs for the first time in a solid 6 months. (Darn Winter ruining everything). 

Ended up playing 3 times in Vegas out of a planned 5. (I lost the rental keys somewhere along the strip when gallivanting after too many tequilas.)

Basically was on track for around 90 at Royal Links. Kind of a quirky place, but enjoyed some of the holes which are after the britisih/irish/scottish famed holes.

Two days later played Paiute which is always tough in wind. Played the tips because the slope was only 120-something. Bad choice, but managed to keep the ball in play and score under 100. Did manage to tin cup the last hole dunking two 58 degree wedges into the water.

Last I played my favorite course (thats not my home NJ course) Coyote Springs. It's an hour north of Vegas and just perfect. Snuck in 18 at the death of light, and hit a par by crushing a laser 5 iron, A gap to just off the edge of a green and trickled the putt to an inch. All that while playing through a group. That was the highlight of my rounds.

On plus side courses are opening up this weekend! Going to play some good ole fashion northern plains golf for the first time this year.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Terrible on Monday evening(115). First round after my lessons. I was overthinking every swing.

Played this afternoon and shot 91 along with a 320 yard drive into the group in front of us who then proceeded to throw my ball into the woods. Ha! But much more consistent and the new swing is feeling real good!

IMG_0289.jpeg

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14