TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Never touched us....

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

That's so bizarre - we were going to Lakeland after church to see my wife's aunt. We quit at the star fair exit because the rain was so heavy. It was dry pavement by the time we hit the Howard Franklin and sunny back in Pinellas County.

For everyone here is about 20 miles from the state fair to my house.

Such is Florida weather

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

That's so bizarre - we were going to Lakeland after church to see my wife's aunt. We quit at the star fair exit because the rain was so heavy. It was dry pavement by the time we hit the Howard Franklin and sunny back in Pinellas County.

For everyone here is about 20 miles from the state fair to my house.

Such is Florida weather

FL storms are definitely strange. I didn't show up at a tee time a few years ago because it was a monsoon at my house. Found out no rain at course which is about 2 miles away.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Didn't end up doing my marathon day thingy. Was gonna do it Wednesday but the course had a tournament. Then our team is on a bye. But I did get 18 in today.

Played really crappy for 14 holes. I didn't hit many fairways, or greens, or putts, or make good swings. Only positives were I was putting good rolls on it and it was beautiful weather

Then I went -3 on the last 4 holes including a dunk from the sand. What the heck?

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

Too bad I didn't play 36 because that next 18 would've been hot fire.

Oh yeah, and my 7 iron decided it would like to spend some time on the DL.

file-F4D7F933-6AD9-4B81-A585-25305596012A-10333-0000050BD88F7AE2.jpg

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Didn't end up doing my marathon day thingy. Was gonna do it Wednesday but the course had a tournament. Then our team is on a bye. But I did get 18 in today.

Played really crappy for 14 holes. I didn't hit many fairways, or greens, or putts, or make good swings. Only positives were I was putting good rolls on it and it was beautiful weather

Then I went -3 on the last 4 holes including a dunk from the sand. What the heck?

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

attachicon.giffile-F4D7F933-6AD9-4B81-A585-25305596012A-10333-0000050BD88F7AE2.jpg

Whoa! Had that happen a couple years ago in a Ping 6 iron. Head went further than the ball!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Hit the ball good today, shot 41/43:84.

Fell off on the last 4 holes, otherwise it would have been a sub 80 round.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

How'd I play? Definitely  not up to expectations... :angry: 

It seemed that all day Sunday, BAD GIR...even off the par-3 tees. Just a s@#$ show! There were a couple (2) of "perfect" shots from the tees, but none to report as game-changers...Basically wasted those... :angry: 

Still my pitching and chipping were kind-of "day-savers", and putting actually came about to the positive after hitting the practice green early, but damn...my off-the-tee shots all day just sucked!!!

Lessons learned???? I suppose that I need to putt before a round every time...And get f-ing fitted to an actual driver that works for me....I'm sure PING has some suggestions... :huh:  and I WILL find out during their demo-days on the 20th.

Taking a week off...OUT

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

How'd I play? Definitely  not up to expectations... :angry:

It seemed that all day Sunday, BAD GIR...even off the par-3 tees. Just a s@#$ show! There were a couple (2) of "perfect" shots from the tees, but none to report as game-changers...Basically wasted those... :angry:

Still my pitching and chipping were kind-of "day-savers", and putting actually came about to the positive after hitting the practice green early, but damn...my off-the-tee shots all day just sucked!!!

Lessons learned???? I suppose that I need to putt before a round every time...And get f-ing fitted to an actual driver that works for me....I'm sure PING has some suggestions... :huh:  and I WILL find out during their demo-days on the 20th.

Taking a week off...OUT

Maybe this belongs in the "Rant Thread"...sorry y'all, but thanks for listening...Cheers!

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

Maybe this belongs in the "Rant Thread"...sorry y'all, but thanks for listening...Cheers!

That is what we are here for. And to provide unsolicited advice.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Did some massive shoulder stretching last night and payed dividends today.Got out and played a handful of holes off of our very back tees.Its been a long long time where I was able to reach every hole in regulation from my tee shots.Made some pars and bogeys.Just a great feeling to know I'm getting much needed distance from my lessons.Looking real positive

Keep it in the short stuff

Played this morning not sure what I scored. Somewhere under 100! Gave up keeping track as nothing worked. Beautiful weather , fareway s OK, greens beautiful, light breeze , good playing partners, just stunk it up . Lost 4-5 balls and I don't lose many. Maybe lose a ball every 4 rounds.

Oh well there's always next time, shake it off.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played this morning not sure what I scored. Somewhere under 100! Gave up keeping track as nothing worked. Beautiful weather , fareway s OK, greens beautiful, light breeze , good playing partners, just stunk it up . Lost 4-5 balls and I don't lose many. Maybe lose a ball every 4 rounds.

Some days it's G O L F, and some days it's F L O G.  Your game will come around; mine did.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Some days it's G O L F, and some days it's F L O G. Your game will come around; mine did.

I had been playing pretty good lately. Oh well an adult beverage later will make it better

Rick

Left Hand, 

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

attachicon.giffile-F4D7F933-6AD9-4B81-A585-25305596012A-10333-0000050BD88F7AE2.jpg

Looks like an easy repair. Club must have spent a little too much time in the hot car.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Walked 9 after work. Shot a 42. GIR went way up thanks to some practice with the DST Compressor.20180509_163456.jpg20180509_164805.jpg20180509_164808.jpg20180509_171007.jpgScreen%20Shot%202018-05-09%20at%207.14.08%20PM.png

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Played 9 at home court before my league at diferent course. 4 over first 4 holes then simmeree down and parred out.

League was a horrendous 47. Course ive only played twice before. Lost to a guy I should have beat easily. He is a 20 year member and his green knowledge saved him as to whete I had like 5 3 putts. They are much as lower greens then whst im used to.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

First round of the year Sunday with my men's club at Maple Ridge. Was a dissapointment everything was on or off all round. First drive of the crushed it......left into the tree's about 120 yards away. Luckily it fell down and a descent lie I was able to hit a solid 3 hybrid, descent wedge and 3 putted ☹ and took a bogey. Second hole duffed my tee shot about 80 yards into the rough bit it was straight lol. Had 215 to the green and hit my 4 hybrid about 210 middle of the green, 3 putted again. So went bogey,bogey, double, triple, par, par, bogey, par, +5 and shot 47 on the front

Then played worse and shot 54 on thr hack for an opening 101 with 42 putts. I'll he getting some range time in on Saturday so hopefully I can figure it out and shoot alot better this coming Sunday.

Driver: Ping G25 10.5*
Hybrid 3/4: NIke Vapor Fly 20.5, 22.5
Irons: 5 to A Wedge: Mizuno JPX 850 Forged

Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60* Vokey SM4
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 3 (2017)
Ball: Bridgestone RXS
Bag: Callaway

I am in Luxembourg for work and last night we got out to play 12 at Golf de Luxembourg - Belenhaff. I played with rental clubs that seemed like decent clubs (Callaway "Legacy" forged irons, XR driver and 5w), but some were stiff, some senior, some reg (not complete either, 4, 6, 8, wedges) and the driver was set to slice bias - the last thing I need. Actually played somewhat decent, all things considered, even with penalties on 3 straight holes. Had a very good time. The course was extremely hilly making 12 holes a pretty tough walk (in tennis shoes) for an out of shape slob like me. +16 after 12.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Walked 9 after work. Shot a 42. GIR went way up thanks to some practice with the DST Compressor.attachicon.gif20180509_163456.jpgattachicon.gif20180509_164805.jpgattachicon.gif20180509_164808.jpgattachicon.gif20180509_171007.jpgattachicon.gifScreen%20Shot%202018-05-09%20at%207.14.08%20PM.png

Great pics there and sweet looking bag!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Great pics there and sweet looking bag!

Thanks I love it so far first time I have walked in many years. Got to get the straps right on that thing though.

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Played okay today. Saw a break in the rain this morning on radar so went out to a local course and got on as a single. No one in sight until hole 17. Light PNW drizzle but beautiful weather! I had a free round and utilized it along with a cart. Good thing is that it's been relatively dry so they 90° rule was in effect. Got 18 holes done in about 2 hours 15 minutes.

I ended up shooting a 91. Hole 18 has an island green and I dunked my tee shot otherwise I was on track to break 90. I finally have consistency with my F6 Driver. I've been averaging about 280 yards per drive lately and they've stayed straight!

Picture attached is of hole 17. IMG_0308.jpeg

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Played okay today. Saw a break in the rain this morning on radar so went out to a local course and got on as a single. No one in sight until hole 17. Light PNW drizzle but beautiful weather! I had a free round and utilized it along with a cart. Good thing is that it's been relatively dry so they 90° rule was in effect. Got 18 holes done in about 2 hours 15 minutes.

I ended up shooting a 91. Hole 18 has an island green and I dunked my tee shot otherwise I was on track to break 90. I finally have consistency with my F6 Driver. I've been averaging about 280 yards per drive lately and they've stayed straight!

Picture attached is of hole 17. attachicon.gifIMG_0308.jpeg

Echo Falls? Man, I haven't played there in about three years!

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Echo Falls? Man, I haven't played there in about three years!

Yup! Finally took advantage of my Oki Card and played my free round. I like the course, it's a little shorter than some others but it's never crowded unlike Willows.

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

I couldn't have played any worse tonight. Actually yes I could have, but it was bad enough for me. I struggled hitting anything. This is how it ended. Par 5 9th hole. Finally striped a drive, I had 155 to the pin, need 160 to be good. No problem, good 8 iron. So I hit 8 iron, left into the bunker. One problem, I was 30 yards left, and I was in the bunker on the 18th hole. No problem, 30 yard bunker shot, came out perfectly clean, carried the 9th green, and rolled across the 1st tee box, and over into the pine straw on number 7 tee box. I then hit out of the pine straw no where and rolled it onto the 1st tee box. Then hit it to the 9th green area. We were in a game, and we were counting 3 balls out of 4, and the 3 guys in my group already made 2 pars and a birdie. So in case you were counting, I managed to play 5 shots from 4 different holes. How often does that happen. I am in the record books.

And that my friends, is how my golf night went.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Played last weekend and played almost the same on the first 9 each time. Back 9 was two different rounds. Had a string of birdies for a 5 over 40 on day one and put up a 50 on Sunday. Just could not get anything going on the second nine the second day. Both days I struggled chipping, but the second had a few shots that looked good end up in bunkers or end up just slightly off. I mostly escaped trouble Saturday, Sunday I was in trouble all day.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I couldn't have played any worse tonight. Actually yes I could have, but it was bad enough for me. I struggled hitting anything. This is how it ended. Par 5 9th hole. Finally striped a drive, I had 155 to the pin, need 160 to be good. No problem, good 8 iron. So I hit 8 iron, left into the bunker. One problem, I was 30 yards left, and I was in the bunker on the 18th hole. No problem, 30 yard bunker shot, came out perfectly clean, carried the 9th green, and rolled across the 1st tee box, and over into the pine straw on number 7 tee box. I then hit out of the pine straw no where and rolled it onto the 1st tee box. Then hit it to the 9th green area. We were in a game, and we were counting 3 balls out of 4, and the 3 guys in my group already made 2 pars and a birdie. So in case you were counting, I managed to play 5 shots from 4 different holes. How often does that happen. I am in the record books.

And that my friends, is how my golf night went.

And your ready to head back out and bang that ball around some more

That's the way it is!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Beautiful day today, but we had some T-storm cells pass through now and then.  My wife and I played nine holes after she got off work.  I did yard work all morning and I was a little sore, but I parred the first 5 holes.  Then the wheels came off!!  Finished the last 4 holes in classic Phil style:  

double bogey

bogey

double bogey

double bogey.

Not sure why.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played my Monday night league match yesterday as the guy I was playing is going to be gone. Hit the driver EXTREMELY well (except for my tee shot on 9....lack of focus) and made some putts. Wedges were suspect. Had 3 birdies. Hit 3 fairways (we've got super small fairways at the course) and 6 greens. 12 putts. Double bogeyed the last hole for an even par 36. I'll take it. 

Should get me 8 of 11 points for the match. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

... Played Prairie Bluff with my 27 yr old son yesterday in his second serious season of playing golf and his goal for 2018 is breaking 90. He started off par-par-bogie-birdie before blowing up on an easy par 4 with a 7 but finished the front with a 42. I finished at -2 and was looking for a low round, hopefully in the 60's but the wind really picked up on the back and the temp dropped 10*  and I ended up +2 on the back and Bryan struggled in with a 49. He has shot 91 about 10 times and 90 twice.

... I have a feeling if the weather would have stayed the same, yesterday would have been the day he broke 90 but he still makes too many beginner mistakes, especially in windy conditions. Maybe the biggest mistake I see higher index players make is jut trying a shot that is too difficult for their skill level. Sitting in the rough 10yds off the green to a short sided pin, the play is get it on the green and maybe make a 15-25 footer for par or more likely lag it close for your bogie. I see too many higher index players try and get it close, leaving it in the rough or blading it over the green. I am always reminded of Davis Love II that told DLIII "never follow a bad shot with a great shot. Follow a bad shot with a good shot and save par or make bogie, not a double or triple". 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Weird game this golf. Played with “Bacon Boys” this morning and everything was working. Irons especially good, putting right on. Can't figure it out sometimes.

Rick

Left Hand,