TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Second round with my new AP2's.. 3 over 73.

Started +4 thru the first 5, then went -1 for the rest of the day.

Set a silly personal record of back to back birds, in consecutive rounds.

The G400 LST is only getting better- what a remarkable club.

The AP2's are also amazing- I don't know if it's the Steelfiber shafts, or the heads, or the combo. But just really smooth and accurate...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

The AP2's are also amazing- I don't know if it's the Steelfiber shafts, or the heads, or the combo. But just really smooth and accurate...

Amazing round! Good work Sluggo! Damn, all this super-positive feedback on the G400 drivers has me stoked more and more every day. I hope to hit Ping's demo days Sunday at the course I play at a lot here and see what that baby can do for me-I'm totally ready to jump aboard the bandwagon! Cheers Bud!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Amazing round! Good work Sluggo! Damn, all this super-positive feedback on the G400 drivers has me stoked more and more every day. I hope to hit Ping's demo days Sunday at the course I play at a lot here and see what that baby can do for me-I'm totally ready to jump aboard the bandwagon! Cheers Bud!

I'm also very interested in a G400 driver but can't find one to try in LH. Sooner or later I'll find one.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Shot 78 (39/39) at The Quarry in San Antonio. I was 3 over going into 16. Ended bogey, triple, birdie! Sheesh. Was SO close to my lowest round ever. Had I putted worth a darn I would've set a new record. Oh well. It was fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Haha, if there was One guy who I would have guessed had a G400, it would have been you.

I've hit a lot of drivers, but this one is pure heroin. I mean almost every hole, I was deep and dead center. Except for #1, which I pulled left into the tree line,, well 18 was a few feet into the right rough but easy par, but otherwise, fantastic. My buddies were oohing and ahhing all day, and I was only a few yard behind the young stud all day.

But mind you I also got fitted into an upgraded shaft. But I sold my Epic after the first round.

Anyways, sorry for the blather, but I love that driver!

I'm also very interested in a G400 driver but can't find one to try in LH. Sooner or later I'll find one.

Well, if you don't find one soon we'll have to make arrangements for me to stop on my annual trek north for the summer and you can hit the official MGS issued G400 Max that is in the process of being rigorously tested.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Shot 78 (39/39) at The Quarry in San Antonio. I was 3 over going into 16. Ended bogey, triple, birdie! Sheesh. Was SO close to my lowest round ever. Had I putted worth a darn I would've set a new record. Oh well. It was fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

78 good shooting!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Sounds like my bag.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Dang, I see them on the racks here all the time, but I bet they sell faster in your area though..."endeavor to persevere"...Have you asked your local source(s) if they'd order one in at all so you could look and maybe hit one? Perhaps even engage PING directly.

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

Well, if you don't find one soon we'll have to make arrangements for me to stop on my annual trek north for the summer and you can hit the official MGS issued G400 Max that is in the process of being rigorously tested.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

THAT there is a class offer 00! Rick, sounds like a sweet option! Damn I love this site! You guys and gals never fail to amaze me! :D 

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Dang, I see them on the racks here all the time, but I bet they sell faster in your area though..."endeavor to persevere"...Have you asked your local source(s) if they'd order one in at all so you could look and maybe hit one? Perhaps even engage PING directly.

The LH options in the immediate area are pretty slim. Once the G400 push calms down a bit they'll show up, always do. My current driver Ping G was a year old and discounted $100 when I found it. All I needed to do was switch the stiff shaft for a senior and we were good. I'm not giving the G up right away but the G400 has my interest.

Rick

Left Hand, 

THAT there is a class offer 00! Rick, sounds like a sweet option! Damn I love this site! You guys and gals never fail to amaze me! :D

A lot of great people here

Rick

Left Hand, 

Haha, if there was One guy who I would have guessed had a G400, it would have been you.

I've hit a lot of drivers, but this one is pure heroin. I mean almost every hole, I was deep and dead center. Except for #1, which I pulled left into the tree line,, well 18 was a few feet into the right rough but easy par, but otherwise, fantastic. My buddies were oohing and ahhing all day, and I was only a few yard behind the young stud all day.

But mind you I also got fitted into an upgraded shaft. But I sold my Epic after the first round.

Anyways, sorry for the blather, but I love that driver!

Heh, indeed you'd think I shoulda been the first in line on this one..! :rolleyes: And no blather at all! I love hearing about this new stick every chance I get! "Pure heroin"...Love it!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

The LH options in the immediate area are pretty slim. Once the G400 push calms down a bit they'll show up, always do. My current driver Ping G was a year old and discounted $100 when I found it. All I needed to do was switch the stiff shaft for a senior and we were good. I'm not giving the G up right away but the G400 has my interest.

Roger that on all points. I'm sure when you maybe start the process of seriously looking you'll keep us posted and for that I'm super excited! Have a great day out there RP!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Got out after work last night for a quick practice round and managed to blow my elbow up something fierce.  Only played 12 holes and just called it a day.  As much I as think I can still play steel in my irons I just can't anymore.  Time to dust of the Hogan's with the Recoils when I get back to Long Island tonight and just admit that I am getting old.  On a good note I did drive the ball well for a change.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Roger that on all points. I'm sure when you maybe start the process of seriously looking you'll keep us posted and for that I'm super excited! Have a great day out there RP!

I just want to hit G400 and see how it compares to the G. If it's only a couple yards I'll keep what I got, for now. In the past I've changed drivers or irons only for no gain.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Definitely keep you guys in the loop.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Shot 40-38 78 today

Greens were painfully slow, putted like doo doo but hit it okay for a guy who hasn't played in 3 weeks.

I can't tell you that it's possible to hook the G400 but I was in almost every fairway with it.

Hit a couple of great hybrids

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

3rd consecutive round with back to back birds!

Shot stoopid good today, 4 birds!

My new stix are killin it.

Shot 40-38 78 today

Greens were painfully slow, putted like doo doo but hit it okay for a guy who hasn't played in 3 weeks.

I can't tell you that it's possible to hook the G400 but I was in almost every fairway with it.

Hit a couple of great hybrids

Great shootin Rev!

Rick

Left Hand, 

3rd consecutive round with back to back birds!

Shot stoopid good today, 4 birds!

My new stix are killin it.

Equipment helps a lot but you're playing well!

Rick

Left Hand, 

My wife and I went out late yesterday for nine holes.  Doing well until hole #3... wedge over water to green.  On the downswing a muscle in my back nearly brought me to my knees.  Who knew I had a muscle there?  Ball went in the water.  Finished the nine holes, but took it easy on all my swings. 

It is still sore today.  I spent about 30 minutes on the range today making easy swings (I never hit on the range before a round, only on practice days.)  I was hitting the ball pretty well, but I could feel  that muscle on every swing.  We only played nine holes again today; shot one over par.  

Highlight:   On #2 I hit an OK drive in the middle of the fairway, but shorter than usual.  I had 115y to a back pin into the wind; blind shot, I could see the top of the pin but not any of the green.  I hit a nice wedge at the flag and started walking.  My wife who was ahead of me and off to the left yelled that it went in the hole for eagle, then flipped me off.  She's done that before; I think it means that I am #1 with her. 

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My wife and I went out late yesterday for nine holes. Doing well until hole #3... wedge over water to green. On the downswing a muscle in my back nearly brought me to my knees. Who knew I had a muscle there? Ball went in the water. Finished the nine holes, but took it easy on all my swings.

It is still sore today. I spent about 30 minutes on the range today making easy swings (I never hit on the range before a round, only on practice days.) I was hitting the ball pretty well, but I could feel that muscle on every swing. We only played nine holes again today; shot one over par.

Highlight: On #2 I hit an OK drive in the middle of the fairway, but shorter than usual. I had 115y to a back pin into the wind; blind shot, I could see the top of the pin but not any of the green. I hit a nice wedge at the flag and started walking. My wife who was ahead of me and off to the left yelled that it went in the hole for eagle, then flipped me off. She's done that before; I think it means that I am #1 with her.

On the back pain get it checked out. I went for a physical Friday and told Doc that him that that once in a while I get a “clicking” in my back but no pain. He wants x-rays next week doesn't want to take any chances.

By the way we are all #1 with our SWMBO's

Rick

Left Hand, 

Had a rough start to the day and shot 57 on the front but cleaned it up in the back and left with a 47. Still not an ideal day, but those are the ups and downs of golf! 

image1.png

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Had a rough start to the day and shot 57 on the front but cleaned it up in the back and left with a 47. Still not an ideal day, but those are the ups and downs of golf!

attachicon.gifimage1.png

Rick

Left Hand, 

On the back pain get it checked out. I went for a physical Friday and told Doc that him that that once in a while I get a “clicking” in my back but no pain. He wants x-rays next week doesn't want to take any chances.

By the way we are all #1 with our SWMBO's

Thanks for the concern Rick.  I've had enough pulled muscles to know when I get one.  If I got every pain checked out, I would be in the doctor's office every week.  He'd be saying "Here comes that hypochondriac Kenny B again."

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Thanks for the concern Rick. I've had enough pulled muscles to know when I get one. If I got every pain checked out, I would be in the doctor's office every week. He'd be saying "Here comes that hypochondriac Kenny B again."

I know what u mean about everything hurting. The only reason I mentioned it to the Doctor it was my annual physical and he kept asking questions. Usually I figure it goes away.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I know what u mean about everything hurting. The only reason I mentioned it to the Doctor it was my annual physical and he kept asking questions. Usually I figure it goes away.

Yeah, it usually does... or maybe I don't feel it as much because the next new pain is stronger.   ;)

Yeah, it usually does... or maybe I don't feel it as much because the next new pain is stronger. ;)

Our age everything hurts

Rick

Left Hand,