Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Took my employee out for a 9 hole round. First round of golf he has ever played and he had a blast. That was important.

But I also had the best 9 holes I've ever shot. -3!!! I was beyond ecstatic with my performance today.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Well done!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

You guys find it difficult to make par on the first? Or is that just A thing in my own head.

I find it difficult to make par on ANY hole lately..😒😂🤣

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Shot really well again today, but a slight adjustment in posture and stance thanks to my buddy has really taken hold and I was just nasty with the irons all day.

And Evan rolled really nice too, -29 putts,!

That might not sound real impressive, but for me it's a good number

We decided to go play again tomorrow, cuz when the game is clicking, you just can't seem to be able to get enough, right?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Just finished my 76th hole of golf since Saturday.

Shot a 52 44 today. Was happy with my ball striking. Unfortunately found a handful of bunkers and struggled.

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Here is why I like short par 5's from the white tees...

7883927C-BD0B-435C-BDC6-6CB69AA5867A.jpegB1E6004D-BD37-447A-B652-D17454EB10C9.jpegF4C10EB6-EB86-4DE8-AF3F-8D883E6A17C3.jpegB48BCBCA-668D-48D1-9986-D7CC1440015F.jpeg

And yes, I missed both eagle putts...

I need to learn how to putt on fast greens.

They were rolling at a 13 today and I couldn't score.

86 at Trump National Bedminster, but still hit the ball pretty well overall

Yup- I'm used to 8-9 and when I go to a fast green I fall apart. That's a very difficult art of the game. If they were all the same you'd have no problems

I need to learn how to putt on fast greens.

They were rolling at a 13 today and I couldn't score.

86 at Trump National Bedminster, but still hit the ball pretty well overall

... Don't beat yourself up on greens rolling at 13. Most of us rarely have an opportunity to putt on greens that fast and it is easy to become defensive. I have the opposite problem as I have a smooth, long putting stroke and really slow greens can really be difficult. Fwiw, even though i like really fast greens, I played behind a Pac 12 season ending Tourney years ago at Sandpiper. It was the first time I played there and on the very first green I had an 8 foot slightly downhill putt and trickled it by the hole and watched it pick up speed and roll it off the green about 45 feet away. They were rolling at 13. I was pretty defensive the rest of the day.  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

... Don't beat yourself up on greens rolling at 13. Most of us rarely have an opportunity to putt on greens that fast and it is easy to become defensive. I have the opposite problem as I have a smooth, long putting stroke and really slow greens can really be difficult. Fwiw, even though i like really fast greens, I played behind a Pac 12 season ending Tourney years ago at Sandpiper. It was the first time I played there and on the very first green I had an 8 foot slightly downhill putt and trickled it by the hole and watched it pick up speed and roll it off the green about 45 feet away. They were rolling at 13. I was pretty defensive the rest of the day.  

You last few sentences were the story of my round.   Blow one by the hole, then overcompensate and come up short on the next long putt I had.  Just couldn't get into a rhythm 

Sub again for my boss's league. Played a 14 HDCP and won by 2. Yeah me! Played the ninth hole 207 yd par 3. Decided to hot my 5 iron. It landed on the cart path at 210yds bounced and bounced all the way into the parking lot. Club also snapped. It was there one I bent last year playing with my son. Don't know where that swing came from but would love to keep it. The one I was playing against hit his shot into the woods so in the end we tied the hole.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

I find it difficult to make par on ANY hole lately..

MDGolfHacker

I didn't have time to play a full round today, or even 9 holes.  I only played 6 holes and parred all of them.   :)

I got to the course around 2pm and the first time I could get out was 2:26pm.  I was a single in a cart behind a foursome playing from the tips.  I've never played from the tips at my course (maybe this fall when no one is playing), but I know I could play better there that they were.  While waiting on the 3rd tee, a walking single joined me; a nice guy named Steve and we play a similar game.  Maybe I met a new golf friend?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I didn't have time to play a full round today, or even 9 holes. I only played 6 holes and parred all of them. :)

I got to the course around 2pm and the first time I could get out was 2:26pm. I was a single in a cart behind a foursome playing from the tips. I've never played from the tips at my course (maybe this fall when no one is playing), but I know I could play better there that they were. While waiting on the 3rd tee, a walking single joined me; a nice guy named Steve and we play a similar game. Maybe I met a new golf friend?

Parred all 6 holes in a row played ?? Nice!! I did that once...and complained about it,lol. Now I'm lucky if I can have a couple pars for a 9 hole round.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Parred all 6 holes in a row played ?? Nice!! I did that once...and complained about it,lol. Now I'm lucky if I can have a couple pars for a 9 hole round.

MDGolfHacker

That was highly unusual for me.  The first two holes are short par 4's and not that difficult, but it seems like I always mess one of them up.  Hole #3 is the #1 hcp hole on the course; not very long either, but lots of trouble.  #4 is an elevated par 3 that ranges from 115y to 160y depending on where the pin is located and where the put the tee box.  #5 is a 550y par 5 usually playing into the prevailing wind, and #6 is a slightly shorter par 5 in the opposite direction so plays easier.  

The key for me this time was that I knew I wasn't playing a full round; I wasn't keeping score; just out for the exercise.  The pressure of trying to make a score on a hole is probably worth a couple of strokes over those six holes.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Horrible is the word of the day. Right arm & shoulder pains have messed up my swing. Plus dodging the rain, but got a full round in recording a 48/44:92. Finished with a Par on 18!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Horrible is the word of the day. Right arm & shoulder pains have messed up my swing. Plus dodging the rain, but got a full round in recording a 48/44:92. Finished with a Par on 18!

Right arm/shoulder issues? Any connection to working out more?

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played General's Retreat at Hermitage today and what a fun course. Started with a great drive on 1 leaving me 35 yards in for my approach. Clipped a little wedge the landed in the cup and bounced out to 12 feet. Lipped our the birdie putt and said well this is either a good sign or a bad sign. Ended up good and shot -1 on the front. Clean card in the back for even par and -1 overall for the day. Nothing really great and nothing that went poorly aka not one “other” in the card.

On a related note they have a set of tees called the novice tees that make the course play about 3,500 yards which was great for my son.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

So we tee off at 7:04 am, and play 9. Get to the turn and they're in the middle of sending a tourney out!

So we're like what the heck?

So they say oh you should have started on 10 today. We're like uhhh, dude, you're the one who sent us off on one this morning.

So he says, well, just play the front 9 again...

So we're pssed since we're scoring really well and want to finish a good round.

So anyways we play the front 9 again, but move back to the blue tees to make it different.

So after the round two of out group go to talk to the manager about it, and he says send me a email, “I'll think of something to make up for it”...

So my two friends are fuming and they think next weeks round should be free.

I don't really care , I'm more bothered about how to post a round for the day.

I ended up even, between the same 9 from different tee boxes...

What should I post, ? Or should I just skip this one?

Played well. Just played finished my 96th hole since Saturday.

Shot 46 51.

Started off great, birdies hole number 1 and had a couple other chances but multiple putts had me at bogey golf. Super happy with my ball striking lately though. Getting much more consistent.

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Take care of the shoulder,  don't want to take yourself out of commission, the Cobra challenge still has a ways to go.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I ended up even, between the same 9 from different tee boxes...

What should I post, ? Or should I just skip this one?

I would think you should post 2 nine hole rounds from different tees on same day

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Take care of the shoulder, don't want to take yourself out of commission, the Cobra challenge still has a ways to go.

Yes be careful, I haven't played in a few days nursing my right shoulder. The rain helped keeping me in.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Best round of my life. Course was short, but I'm going to relish in the fact that I just shot an 80 flat thru 18! (39 41) I even hit three 300+ yard drives with my King F6!

And only three 3 putts. So jacked up right now!!! (A little too excited my out score was 41)

IMG_4562.JPG

Best round of my life. Course was short, but I'm going to relish in the fact that I just shot an 80 flat thru 18! I even hit three 300+ yard drives with my King F6!

And only three 3 putts. So jacked up right now!!!

attachicon.gifIMG_4562.JPG

Congratulations

Rick

Left Hand, 

I would think you should post 2 nine hole rounds from different tees on same day

Duh on me...

Thank you cnosil,!!

That shows how closely I look at my Ghin app...

... Whatever you do, don't play thru the pain!!! I did that 2 years ago when my right shoulder started hurting and since it was fall in Chicago, I just played thru the pain that continued to get worse figuring I could recover thru the winter. I had a torn labrum but even worse, I developed a frozen shoulder that took a full year of therapy to recover from. One of the most painful things I have ever encountered, including many injures playing football thru college (where I learned to play thru the pain... so stupid).  Just be smarter than me, and take good care of your shoulder. 

Really really really really struggling with my irons, 7-PW. I just don't feel right with any of them. It's either a 40 yard pull draw hook, or a 30 yard short digging a ditch to China chunk. I just don't feel I can even hit them. My driving has been pretty good, and I put myself in good position then I can't hit the broadside of a football field with a short iron. It sickening. Played an interclub match, had 3 doubles and shot 80, and I missed a bunch 4-5 foot putts. It's a struggle out there for sure right now. Need some range time to figure it out.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Really really really really struggling with my irons, 7-PW. I just don't feel right with any of them. It's either a 40 yard pull draw hook, or a 30 yard short digging a ditch to China chunk. I just don't feel I can even hit them. My driving has been pretty good, and I put myself in good position then I can't hit the broadside of a football field with a short iron. It sickening. Played an interclub match, had 3 doubles and shot 80, and I missed a bunch 4-5 foot putts. It's a struggle out there for sure right now. Need some range time to figure it out.

... We are all different in our approach to the game and what works best for each of us. That said, have you taken a couple days off and just not touch your clubs? That usually works for me, although I don't always have the discipline to stay away, but a couple rainy days or working a day or two forces me to get away and I almost always come back refreshed and whatever problem I had is gone. Hang in there, as the struggle always makes the success sweeter! 

Shame, we are going the opposite direction.  Short irons/wedges are the only things working in my bag right now.  Perfect time for a captain's choice?

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

... We are all different in our approach to the game and what works best for each of us. That said, have you taken a couple days off and just not touch your clubs? That usually works for me, although I don't always have the discipline to stay away, but a couple rainy days or working a day or two forces me to get away and I almost always come back refreshed and whatever problem I had is gone. Hang in there, as the struggle always makes the success sweeter!

I didn't play for almost 2 weeks, it's definitely a head thing for one. Typically these types of issues are tempo related for me, and usually it's from being too quick in the transition. Like I'm trying to hurry and hit the ball. Just feels all outta whack, I'll get some instruction and go from that, I know it's something simple so hopefully it won't last long. Just gotta play through the tough times on occasion.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

39-38-77 (+5)

28 putts

11/18 greens

6/14 fairways

I have never been so disappointed with a 77. I had a chance to finally break par today. I made a dumb double bogey and two bad bogeys on the last three holes.

I was on with the wedges today. I hit 4 inside 3 feet. This was the best day in a while. I should have at least shot even. Aghhh!!

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock