TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

I've played on and off a few weeks. Ended up playing Bully Pulpit which is in the badlands of ND. Absolutely gorgeous scenery around the course, but the course itself was mediocre.

More recently played the ast two days. Shot 95 one day and shot 92 the next day. Yesterday I shot 92 while hitting all of one fairway and I think having a total of 5 shots all round in the fairway. My irons saved me as well as some really well timed chips and pitches on the back.

Started 5 over after 2 holes, ended up playing bogey golf the rest of the way.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Played Gaylord Springs with my son today and shot 39-36 for a nice 75. Greens were punched so not many putts were falling. I played the tips at just over 7,000 yards and was paired with a kid that just finished his freshman year of college golf. Felt good to be 10-15 yards by him on most tee balls with driver even though I was playing a tee box behind him. I can still move it pretty well for an old fat guy.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

have not played in a week due to rain ,  went out for 9 with two of my sons  this morning and shot a 37. +2   personal best for me over 9. 

More importantly  my boys are starting to make more contact and seeing some results and getting excited to golf more .  great morning. 

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Today was just a fun day on the course;  really enjoyed the day and wanted to keep going.  A few raindrops fell but cleared up after about 10 minutes.  Course was pretty empty since there was an 80% chance of rain.

First time out with the G400 Max;  results were mixed early on as I had to figure out my swing and tee height.  C300 Forged keep delivering;  I just love swinging them and the results I am getting.  When the driver put me in position,  I was striping the irons and hitting greens.   Putting was off as I missed 3 putts inside 4 feet and struggled with distance control   May be ditching the Odyssey #7 I picked up as an experiment.  The experiment started out well the first could of times I had it on the course but has started to go downhill .  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

53+52=105

4/14 Fairways

2/18 GIR 

35 Putts

Never a bad day on the course when you're playing with your dad and brother. Had an awesome 30 yard bunker shot to 7 feet. That's all that needs to be said about this one  

:callaway-small: XR16 9*  Fujikura Speeder 565 Stiff Flex

:callaway-small: RazrX Black 3W/5W  Stock Shaft Regular Flex

:callaway-small: RazrX Black 24* 4H  Stock Shaft Regular Flex 

:callaway-small: XR16 5i  True Temper Steel Shaft

:callaway-small: RazrX 6i-GW   True Temper Steel Shaft 

:callaway-small: Forged 54*  True Temper Steel Shaft

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 60*   True Temper Steel Shaft

:bettinardi-small: Queen Bee #8 33"  Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0

Vessel Matte Gray Player Stand Bag w/ Black True Spec Golf logo 

Today was just a fun day on the course; really enjoyed the day and wanted to keep going. A few raindrops fell but cleared up after about 10 minutes. Course was pretty empty since there was an 80% chance of rain.

First time out with the G400 Max; results were mixed early on as I had to figure out my swing and tee height. C300 Forged keep delivering; I just love swinging them and the results I am getting. When the driver put me in position, I was striping the irons and hitting greens. Putting was off as I missed 3 putts inside 4 feet and struggled with distance control May be ditching the Odyssey #7 I picked up as an experiment. The experiment started out well the first could of times I had it on the course but has started to go downhill .

Are you using the Odyssey 7 or 7s? The reason I'm asking is I had been using the 7 and the face became damaged. Odyssey replaced the putter and by mistake sent me a 7s and I have had better results with it. Who knew.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played Gaylord Springs with my son today and shot 39-36 for a nice 75. Greens were punched so not many putts were falling. I played the tips at just over 7,000 yards and was paired with a kid that just finished his freshman year of college golf. Felt good to be 10-15 yards by him on most tee balls with driver even though I was playing a tee box behind him. I can still move it pretty well for an old fat guy.

Sorry but you are not old

Another good day with your son, great day.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Sorry but you are not old

Another good day with your son, great day.

Thanks but I am. The kid was born after I graduated from college.

And yes it was a great day with my son. He made two natural birds off the red tees with both holes playing around 330 yards. That is pretty sweet for a 12 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Are you using the Odyssey 7 or 7s? The reason I'm asking is I had been using the 7 and the face became damaged. Odyssey replaced the putter and by mistake sent me a 7s and I have had better results with it. Who knew.

Older 7 that I picked up used a couple of weeks ago.  Really need something with toe hang and not face balanced.  The reason I picked it up was that it had an alignment aid on the topline which I really want but haven't found a putter that I like with one.   Probably just going to return it and try and find something else.   The 7s would have the toe hang,  but I hate the O-Works face.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Older 7 that I picked up used a couple of weeks ago. Really need something with toe hang and not face balanced. The reason I picked it up was that it had an alignment aid on the topline which I really want but haven't found a putter that I like with one. Probably just going to return it and try and find something else. The 7s would have the toe hang, but I hate the O-Works face.

I have a love/hate relationship with the Oworks face. And yes you're right the 7s toe hang is better for me.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Well.....  A couple of months ago I made a swing change.  Good results so far until this weekend.  For some reason I developed a hook; this from someone who has always faded the ball when it doesn't go straight.  Needless to say, it put me in some rather difficult spots, many I have never seen before!!

However, I shot 80 both Sat and Sun, but they were very different 80s.

On Sat I shot 39 on the front nine.  I was even par for the par 3's and +6 for the par 5's.

Today I shot 36 on the back nine.  I was +3 for the par 3's and +3 for the par 5's.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

37-41 78

I was very inconsistent - very

Did hit some good shots, had a very nice birdie on 7 which is a tough par 3 over water. Made a very disappointing birdie on 9 when I hit wedge from 110 to a front pin over the green. It was very windy and I thought it was right to left in - it was right to left down - hit it flush - about 130.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

82 from the tips. 1 birdie, 1 double. 77% FIR but only 33% GIR. Par 4s and 5s I hit a 5i, 6i, a 3w, and the rest 2h. Much more accurate off the tee but a couple longer clubs coming in especially from the tips. I seldom play them being a 10 hdcp. In reality its only about 300 yards longer.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Pause while I take out my bag of excuses...... on Monday at about 4am my Old English Bulldog decided he needed a little early morning stroll. I threw on the running shoes to oblige his request

Still a little sleepy eyed (me not him) we shuffled through the backyard to the gate. He was hurried so I figured he needed to deposit into nature. As soon as I opened the gate he bolted and in the distance was a wild pig unaware a visit was coming from an amorous bulldog. I immediately took off running in chase. I felt like I was running as fast as Usain Bolt but I'm sure if you were watching from your window you probably said, “wow Sloan is out for a morning stroll”. The three of us running up the hill, Barkley in hot pursuit. The pig made it to the fence with Barkley nibbling at his heals. He scurried under leaving Barkley howling in the dark. That was my cue to break stride and slow to an out of breath shuffle. Just as I reached out for the leash I stepped into a pot hole then nose dived chest first into the asphalt. An ER visit revealed two broken ribs and a bruised sternum.

Fast forward five days...... I'm getting my gear ready Saturday night to attempt to play with my Sunday regulars. I bought some cool stretch laces for my golf shoes and needed to cut them down to size. While doing so I also cut the knuckle of my left index finger down to size as well. Sooooooo I showed up at 6 am with fractured ribs, a bruised sternum and a gash on my knuckle right were my fingers interlock to hold the club.

Golf today was a struggle. I couldn't turn on the ball so I couldn't get any distance. Greens in regulation was poor simply because for the most part I just couldn't reach them. Once again my struggles with the putter was on full display. Normally I can fake the funk by hitting fairways and greens then two point everything. That was far from the case today. 225 yard drive, hit approach to the fringe, chip up to six feet or less, two putt for bogey was the formula all day long.

Still the best part was............ I played golf today

IMG_0036.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Playing reasonably well. Had my highest high and lowest low in a long long time. Playing in a match, 1 stroke up going to the last. Par 5, drive down the middle,  220 to the pin. Hit a 5 wood, yes folks, a 5 wood for this 61 year old, not a 5 iron. Flushed it. Rolled past the hole and left me a 7 footer for eagle, and cement the match. That was the high. Hit the eagle putt, thought it was in, started walking, 360'ed the cup, spun out and rolled 2 feet from the hole. No biggie, deep[ breaths, make the putt and still  have a nice birdie. My opponents just sunk their birdie putt. Make mine and win the match. Feel great, no sweat, go through the routine like always, one look, two looks, tap and watch it. I made it. Nope, hits the inside edge and spins out. Stood in total dis-belief, silence, want to do about 100 nasty things. Re-gain my composure, look at my partner and best friend. He shrugs. Shake hands and walk off a little stunned. That was the low. Oh well, I guess that's golf, still hit 2 good shots, been playing well and not going to let 2 lip outs ruin that.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Driver   :bridgestone-small:     JGR 9.5 R Flex Adila 65        

3 Wood  :callaway-logo-1:            XR RFlex Fujikura Evolution

5 Wood :callaway-logo-1:            XR R Flex Project X 5.5                                     

7Wood  :adams-small:    Speedline LP R Flex Matix HD Radix 5.1                                                                                                           Irons      :bridgestone-small:   4 thru A Wedge  J-15 CB R Flex NS Pro                                                                                                             Wedges :cleveland-small:              56 CG 15                                                                                                                                                                           XE!                      65                                                                                                                                                                       Putter      :EVNROLL:         ER 5  Hatchback                                                                                                                                                Ball          :titelist-small:                 NXT Tour S                                                                                                                                      

Pause while I take out my bag of excuses...... on Monday at about 4am my Old English Bulldog decided he needed a little early morning stroll. I threw on the running shoes to oblige his request

attachicon.gifIMG_0628.jpeg

Still a little sleepy eyed (me not him) we shuffled through the backyard to the gate. He was hurried so I figured he needed to deposit into nature. As soon as I opened the gate he bolted and in the distance was a wild pig unaware a visit was coming from an amorous bulldog. I immediately took off running in chase. I felt like I was running as fast as Usain Bolt but I'm sure if you were watching from your window you probably said, “wow Sloan is out for a morning stroll”. The three of us running up the hill, Barkley in hot pursuit. The pig made it to the fence with Barkley nibbling at his heals. He scurried under leaving Barkley howling in the dark. That was my cue to break stride and slow to an out of breath shuffle. Just as I reached out for the leash I stepped into a pot hole then nose dived chest first into the asphalt. An ER visit revealed two broken ribs and a bruised sternum.

Fast forward five days...... I'm getting my gear ready Saturday night to attempt to play with my Sunday regulars. I bought some cool stretch laces for my golf shoes and needed to cut them down to size. While doing so I also cut the knuckle of my left index finger down to size as well. Sooooooo I showed up at 6 am with fractured ribs, a bruised sternum and a gash on my knuckle right were my fingers interlock to hold the club.

Golf today was a struggle. I couldn't turn on the ball so I couldn't get any distance. Greens in regulation was poor simply because for the most part I just couldn't reach them. Once again my struggles with the putter was on full display. Normally I can fake the funk by hitting fairways and greens then two point everything. That was far from the case today. 225 yard drive, hit approach to the fringe, chip up to six feet or less, two putt for bogey was the formula all day long.

attachicon.gifIMG_0036.JPG

That's a very large bag. But, I wouldn't label it as excuses. Sounds more like a big bag of bad luck. To me, sounds like you are lucky to be even able to attempt golf, never mind playing well. Good luck and speedy recovery.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Driver   :bridgestone-small:     JGR 9.5 R Flex Adila 65        

3 Wood  :callaway-logo-1:            XR RFlex Fujikura Evolution

5 Wood :callaway-logo-1:            XR R Flex Project X 5.5                                     

7Wood  :adams-small:    Speedline LP R Flex Matix HD Radix 5.1                                                                                                           Irons      :bridgestone-small:   4 thru A Wedge  J-15 CB R Flex NS Pro                                                                                                             Wedges :cleveland-small:              56 CG 15                                                                                                                                                                           XE!                      65                                                                                                                                                                       Putter      :EVNROLL:         ER 5  Hatchback                                                                                                                                                Ball          :titelist-small:                 NXT Tour S                                                                                                                                      

Played Quail Hollow Saturday with my normal scramble group. Lately though, we've switched up the game format quite a bit to where we play a skins/match-play game with our own shots and have 1/2 strokes given on the 9 hardest holes for us weaker players. It's been quite fair and fun for all including our lady player who will kill us on certain holes. We also do bonus skins for longest drives on par 5's (must be in fairway) and closest-to-hole on par-3's.

Anyhow, all four of us started off terribly and really didn't get going until the 5'th hole where we all began to play much better overall. I made a solid par at 5 and also pared the par-5 7'th after getting on in 2 and mostly held my own until 18 where I had the lead by 1. They decided to press me and us fellas (as is tradition) all hit from the blue tee box which sits elevated above the fairway about 75'! It makes the hole play around 402. I hit a sky-high tee just shot short of the fairway but in good shape. For my second shot from the rough (which was tough and sticky all day), I roped a perfect and solid 5W right at the flag...It was PERFECT... Until it frickin hit a power line and dropped straight down! :angry: Replayed the shot and missed the power line this time but wound up a little short and left of the green where I chipped up and 2-putted for bogie. Lost by 1..! :(

Afterwards we all met at a local sports bar for a beer and some nachos. Played a quick game of partner billiards (also lost...) and after leaving, my wife texts asking me to grab her something from the store to which I oblige. I arrive home to find my golf group and 20 others have set up an early surprise birthday party in my honor of my upcoming 50th! Yup, they got me! One of our guests went way out and made up a whole mess of handmade golf themed cupcakes and even an awesome cake!

IMG_20180721_211039235.jpg

My cousin also smoked a whole pile of pulled pork and the party was ON!

Good times but I did have to rip into my playing partners for not letting me win at golf or at pool...and then letting me pay for 1/2 the bar tab!!! :huh: Yeah...no mercy in this group!

IMG_20180721_231430529_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

attachicon.gifIMG_0628.jpeg

attachicon.gifIMG_0036.JPG

Holy smokes! you're one tough and dedicated cookie! If only you could stay out of your own way, you'd be deadly! :P

Wishing you a speedy and healthy recovery out there-Cheers!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

42 front gave up keeping score on the back, too much standing water and I was moving the ball all over the place.

3” rain last 24 hours. Beats the c—p out of us old guys.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Posted my worst round of the year Friday. Turned it around Saturday to shoot one of the lower rounds of the day for the event I was playing in(especially for the afternoon). And then totally crapped the bed Sunday to again shoot my worst round of the year.
Baked out greens and 20+ mph winds lead to some long days on the course. Ended up shooting 81-74-84 to finish in the middle of the pack and way off the lead. At least I beat more pros than beat me I guess  :P

Overall had a great time at a fantastic golf course. I recommend Mossy Oaks GC and Old Waverly GC to anyone! 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Not a good round. Sprayed the ball all over the course. I found a meager 2 fairways all day. Putted well but when you don't have a first putt inside 40 feet for 10 holes there is only so much you can do. Front 9 was a horror show of shanks and hooks. I shanked probably 9 shots today. That is a career high. I got it figured out on the last 5 holes though playing them in -1.

45-39-84 (+12)

20-14-34 putts

2/14 fairways

9/18 greens

2 lost balls

Sheesh!😬😬😬

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Played Quail Hollow Saturday with my normal scramble group. Lately though, we've switched up the game format quite a bit to where we play a skins/match-play game with our own shots and have 1/2 strokes given on the 9 hardest holes for us weaker players. It's been quite fair and fun for all including our lady player who will kill us on certain holes. We also do bonus skins for longest drives on par 5's (must be in fairway) and closest-to-hole on par-3's.

Anyhow, all four of us started off terribly and really didn't get going until the 5'th hole where we all began to play much better overall. I made a solid par at 5 and also pared the par-5 7'th after getting on in 2 and mostly held my own until 18 where I had the lead by 1. They decided to press me and us fellas (as is tradition) all hit from the blue tee box which sits elevated above the fairway about 75'! It makes the hole play around 402. I hit a sky-high tee just shot short of the fairway but in good shape. For my second shot from the rough (which was tough and sticky all day), I roped a perfect and solid 5W right at the flag...It was PERFECT... Until it frickin hit a power line and dropped straight down! :angry: Replayed the shot and missed the power line this time but wound up a little short and left of the green where I chipped up and 2-putted for bogie. Lost by 1..! :(

Afterwards we all met at a local sports bar for a beer and some nachos. Played a quick game of partner billiards (also lost...) and after leaving, my wife texts asking me to grab her something from the store to which I oblige. I arrive home to find my golf group and 20 others have set up an early surprise birthday party in my honor of my upcoming 50th! Yup, they got me! One of our guests went way out and made up a whole mess of handmade golf themed cupcakes and even an awesome cake!

attachicon.gifIMG_20180721_211039235.jpg

My cousin also smoked a whole pile of pulled pork and the party was ON!

Good times but I did have to rip into my playing partners for not letting me win at golf or at pool...and then letting me pay for 1/2 the bar tab!!! :huh: Yeah...no mercy in this group!

attachicon.gifIMG_20180721_231430529_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Hope you have a great 50th birthday.  Sounds like a fun party.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played today with two of my buddies, one a 74 year old former Marine Corps pilot.  He's a good stick, and we usually play to about the same score, but he wins most of the time.  Today we tied at 80.  On the par 3 #4 hole playing a short 127 downhill today, he tees off first and sticks it for a tap-in.  I was between clubs and long was not good, so I used a PW and was short about 15 feet with a left to right breaker.  Drained it to keep him from getting the skin.  Yep!  He's a Marine!!

Played a new course in Cali on a work trip. Strawberry Farms in Orange County. It was fun and deceiving it difficult. Ended up shooting a 52 47. Crushed another 315 yard drive dead straight though. Was happy with it.

IMG_4572.JPG

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

In a word, (insert four letter word of choice)

Worst round in a while. I sprayed the ball everywhere. If you said the hole where you hit it over the road. I would need to ask you to be more specific. Putted okay. I just hit pull hook after pull hook.

43-47-90

34 putts

4/14 fairways

10/18 greens

I hit 4 brave urethane covered friends OB today for an addition of a whopping 8 penalty strokes.

Proximity was awful too.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I shot a 43 + 41 = 84 today with 4 doubles and a couple of birds thrown in the mix.   I also picked up some change from my playing partners by winning the right holes.   I have some video shots of the action that will be posted on my review of the Cleveland HB irons.  Make sure you all catch our stage 2 reviews!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I scored decent tonight (44) but it was best ball striking in a long, long time. I also putted pretty well - 15 total putts. I discovered something on the practice green before the round - I was staring at the putter head the entire stroke. I'm guessing I've been doing it a long time but it felt strange today. I started staring at a dimple on the ball (trusting the stroke, I suppose) and was draining almost everything within about 8 feet. Hopefully it wasn't a fluke. Time will tell.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

41-37 - 78

So bad on and around the greens today. Hit 10 in regulation and was around 7 of the 8 missed and only got up and down once - my average is 50 percent.

That and a three putt killed me.

But it was a 78 in my league where we are fighting for a first round bye - so not terrible

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Tough round as I walked in 97 degree weather. Walked in the heat last night as well so body a bit sore. 3 doubles on the front enroute to a 47. Took a break to settle myself and think about things. Pulled it together a bit and scratched and clawed to a 40. Committed to getting 20 lbs off me by Oct 1 so more walking .

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX