Ahh, well I play ap2's, so it seems you're a very intelligent player...hehehe

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Ahh, well I play ap2's, so it seems you're a very intelligent player...hehehe

I hooe I dont regret not getting AP2s. Im happy thus far.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Neighborhood Exec 9 this morning and was humid early. Anyway we had a couple of walk ons and our 4some picked up an 82 year old who was probably a decent stick in his day. The neighbor I was riding with is always competing with me ( I guess I am also) but I was on this morning, shot 1 over. At end of the round the older than me old fart says you can play pretty good for a young guy! I'm 72 in a few weeks. He left saying he had a great time with our group because everyone was having fun and breaking each other's chops.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Had a very good night in our league tonight. I had a birdie, 4 pars, 2 bogies, and 2 doubles. The doubles were lapses in concentration, nothing too terrible. It appears the "lessons" learned on the tee last night translated fairly well. Somewhat sadly (due toprice concerns), I'm still really digging the AVX's.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Royal Hawaiian shot 70. I've played 164 rounds of golf 🏌️ over the past three years. That's 2952 holes. My handicap is a 4.5 at the moment. Today I had my first Eagle 🦅 in more than 3000 holes of golf. Now you know why my screen name is Steddy.

I drove up to the short 310 yard Par 4 slight dog leg right number 17. Scanning the lay of the land I took out driver and 3 wood. I hit the driver first. I middled the driver and watched as the ball seemed to stay in the air for ever. It hit well short of the green, rolled past the cup and settled to within 5 feet of the flag. I then grabbed the 3 wood. Taking a big swing on a full 54 year old shoulder turn I let go a fury seldom seen this side of the Pacific. Launching it high in the air the ball caught a gust of Kona winds riding them until it landed softly in a green side bunker. I walked away from the 17th with an eagle 🦅, a birdie and a big mouse ate the cheese smile.

Next time out I'll shoot 88. Such is life. I'm either Tiger Woods or In the Woods. Not so Steddy after all

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Put driver back in the bag mainly for 2 par 5s Im feeling like i need bitdie attempts to bring score lower. 1st hole par 5 hit driver tgen 2h to flag high left light rough about 3 paces offf green. Bsd chio then 2 putt par. 3 straight bogeys after that. Hole 12 another reachable par 5 I toed the driver then 5w to about 70 yards then 2 putt par. No birds and finished with a 78. Only hit 5 fairwsys and a couple cost me bogeys due to bad looks. Hit 50% GIR.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Put driver back in the bag mainly for 2 par 5s Im feeling like i need bitdie attempts to bring score lower. 1st hole par 5 hit driver tgen 2h to flag high left light rough about 3 paces offf green. Bsd chio then 2 putt par. 3 straight bogeys after that. Hole 12 another reachable par 5 I toed the driver then 5w to about 70 yards then 2 putt par. No birds and finished with a 78. Only hit 5 fairwsys and a couple cost me bogeys due to bad looks. Hit 50% GIR.

Shooting +6 with no birdies, hitting only 5 fairways and 50% GIR is pretty darn good in my book.  Looks like an excellent short game!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Club champs last qualifying round today, hit the ball quite well but missed a lot of greens. Putting was outstanding (at last) only 11 putts front 9 for 1 over (told you I missed lots of greens)

19 putts back 9 though including missing the hole completely on a straight 2 footer  :o bogied 2 par 5's after being green high in 2 Grrrrr

76 gross which might get me into the finals day which is knockout for last 8

so 76 did get me into the club champs final knockout starting Aug 18th- got some +1's and 3's and 4's in there so better get practicing.

Played a knockout comp today and won 2&1 played really well, slowed my backswing down to the speed I played as a young man and it paid dividends, actually hitting it further with a snails pace backswing. 36 holer coming up this weekend so confidence is high........for now ;)

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Played okay my 3w was working really well for most holes today. My putting sucks even with the evnroll. I did notice that with how much I forward press it doesn't sound good at all. So I'll either have to get it adjusted or change my stroke to adjust

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

43-40=83, I'm OK with that. Some real nice shot, some dogs. My other 3 partners shot lights out, each of them had 3 birdies, me none but a few decent pars. Still a great day and ice my arm a bit later.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Shooting +6 with no birdies, hitting only 5 fairways and 50% GIR is pretty darn good in my book. Looks like an excellent short game!!

Multiple misses were on the fringe so I nissed higher GUR by foot or teo here and there. Waiting to come back to reality.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

41-38-79(+7)

FIR 8/14 This is great for me. Hit a lot more 3W and 2 iron.

GIR 10/18

Putts 18-15-33

Decent round, working on swinging more to the right and hit some massive hooks. After the 9th, I amended my swing thought from swing right to swing at the target. That help immensely. Two iron was a beast today.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

In my G700 Stage 1 review, I described myself as a bogey golfer. I can get there in any number of ways.

Today, for instance, I managed to shoot 9 over with two birdies and a 10 in the same 9 holes. That's impressive, in a twisted way.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

In my G700 Stage 1 review, I described myself as a bogey golfer. I can get there in any number of ways.

Today, for instance, I managed to shoot 9 over with two birdies and a 10 in the same 9 holes. That's impressive, in a twisted way.

I can totally relate. In my league Tuesday, I started birdie, double, par, double :facepalm:

I can totally relate. In my league Tuesday, I started birdie, double, par, double :facepalm:

Yep. Ugh.

And while there's no good way to make a ten, I did mine in one of the more embarrassing fashions. Tee shot into the woods, drop, third and fourth, meh. Now it gets bad: half wedge flies the green. Chip back runs off the front. Chip back rolls off the back again. Chip from the back doesn't get up the hill and rolls to my feet (and nearly hits my putter on the ground). Chip on. One putt (thanks, Evnroll!).

In a league match.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Yep. Ugh.

And while there's no good way to make a ten, I did mine in one of the more embarrassing fashions. Tee shot into the woods, drop, third and fourth, meh. Now it gets bad: half wedge flies the green. Chip back runs off the front. Chip back rolls off the back again. Chip from the back doesn't get up the hill and rolls to my feet (and nearly hits my putter on the ground). Chip on. One putt (thanks, Evnroll!).

In a league match.

Sounds like you were describing one of my blow-ups....

I can relate too. I could break my last round into sixes. First six +6 next 6 +2 next 6 -1. If only I could play -1 all three times but hey, that's why we go play the next time.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

85 Tuesday and 83 today so my physical therapy sessions and the homework they are giving me is REALLY helping my lower back/hip pain!    

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Played in a smaller outing today. My group was 14-18 handicap. We were able to post a 68. I still can't believe the power in getting when I connect properly. I put a gap wedge off the back of the green from 115yds. I used to hit the gap 85-90 yes. Dark side of outings came out again today. One group shot a 54. Took closest to pin, longest putt (if they are scoring so low, why were they that far from the pin?) And longest drive. I walked it off from the 150 marker. It was about a 365 yd drive. RIGHT! So they basically one everything

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Played in a smaller outing today. My group was 14-18 handicap. We were able to post a 68. I still can't believe the power in getting when I connect properly. I put a gap wedge off the back of the green from 115yds. I used to hit the gap 85-90 yes. Dark side of outings came out again today. One group shot a 54. Took closest to pin, longest putt (if they are scoring so low, why were they that far from the pin?) And longest drive. I walked it off from the 150 marker. It was about a 365 yd drive. RIGHT! So they basically one everything

And that's why the outings are getting smaller.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

9 holes after work

Fairway 2

GIR 2

Putts 20 with two 3 putts.

Not to good

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Friday 9 holes, 39, 3 over. 3 extremely stupid bogies. Could not make them up on any putts as greens were aerated earlier in the week and still too “uneven”.

Everything felt great driver especially. The G was working it. A little light rain and wind but nothing to whine about.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played 9, didn't keep score, but played match play 3 against 1 from the tips. The 1 is defending club champ and we won 1 up. The club champs 70 year old dad carried our asses. Won $2. Boom!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

If you don't know the players, you should be careful about calling them out. I've played in outings where 4 college kids come out and win everything, straight upgoing 20 under. With 4 guys that can play they dont miss any putts from anywhere. So even though it may seem that it's not likely to happen it can.

I played in an outing last year, and the winners shot 53, some of the guys knew the team, and it was legit. I've also played in one once where it was a 5 man team and they were -22. They had 1 par. 12, and 5 eagles. They eagled all the par 5's and holed out a par 4, again all really good players.

That being said I've also played in some outing where I got to witness cheaters, they didn't win, but they still cheated.

I play in outings for the fun, and for the charity, if someone feels the need to cheat to win, then that's on them, I want to win, but I won't cheat to dot it, if at the end of the day I had fun with my friends on the golf course, then it was a good day.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Due to an event at my course, I played the back twuce. +3 both rounds with a birdie both 9s. Hit driver a couple tine ls and hit a few fairways and never hurt. Nice hutting a few clubs shorter than the 5w or hybrid.

Gamed a new putter. TM Rossi Monza Itsy Bitsy Spider the club pro is selling. Much better results then my other gamers. Real nice shape for $70. Birdied first hime but only had about 4 feet. Scared a few holes aa well.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Yep. Ugh.

And while there's no good way to make a ten, I did mine in one of the more embarrassing fashions. Tee shot into the woods, drop, third and fourth, meh. Now it gets bad: half wedge flies the green. Chip back runs off the front. Chip back rolls off the back again. Chip from the back doesn't get up the hill and rolls to my feet (and nearly hits my putter on the ground). Chip on. One putt (thanks, Evnroll!).

In a league match.

Reminds me of the 12 I shot on the 18th hole of Gleneagles Kings course when I was 1 over par on the 18th tee!!!

still got a cut that day but man I was gutted  :(  :(

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

***WARNING***

Spoiled old white guy post!!!

... I had to prepare for a trip last weekend and did not get a chance to play as the weather was not cooperating either. Then flew to Miami early Monday to shoot a new Humana infomercial and commercial and was there for a week shooting 13/12/13 hour days, so I have not played any golf or even swung club in 8 days. After playing 6 weeks of everyday golf last spring in Phoenix (missed one day) and missing no more than 2 days  in a row while playing everyday back here in Chicago when the weather permits, it seems like I am just starting the game after a long winter lay off. Hope to get out this afternoon and am anxious to see if the layoff was a nice rest or detrimental to my game. As I said, spoiled old white guy problems.    :wacko:

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

If you don't know the players, you should be careful about calling them out. I've played in outings where 4 college kids come out and win everything, straight upgoing 20 under. With 4 guys that can play they dont miss any putts from anywhere. So even though it may seem that it's not likely to happen it can.

I played in an outing last year, and the winners shot 53, some of the guys knew the team, and it was legit. I've also played in one once where it was a 5 man team and they were -22. They had 1 par. 12, and 5 eagles. They eagled all the par 5's and holed out a par 4, again all really good players.

That being said I've also played in some outing where I got to witness cheaters, they didn't win, but they still cheated.

I play in outings for the fun, and for the charity, if someone feels the need to cheat to win, then that's on them, I want to win, but I won't cheat to dot it, if at the end of the day I had fun with my friends on the golf course, then it was a good day.

Thanks for the thoughts Kor.A.Door. Right as I hit post, I knew some one would have a different view point. You are correct there are strong players that grouped together can post low numbers. We can discuss this more, but I think this is the wrong post to do so.

No matter what, I am addicted to golf and this won't sway me.

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W