Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Horrible, shot 98 with 10 penalty strokes.   Granted two of them came from hitting the driver too far into hazards I don't normally reach.   The rest were on just plain bad bounces or a couple bad swings.

But that's all the bad, the GOOD was that I was joined by PAGolfer2017 who came down to the area for a round.   It was a great time, and he generously left me with a sleeve of Snell Blacks, as I mentioned I had never tried them.

Thanks Josh, you can come back anytime!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Nice little humble brag there, Rob

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

40x2=80. Got over 2” rain last night so course was wet, real wet no roll. Hot no wind but still OK. 2 birdies which have been elusive lately. 18 th hole was only big blemish, dbl bogie! Had a great 4 some with lots of nut crushing.

3rd hole Par 3 tee shot. Measured 147 yds, 7 iron uphill.IMG_2710.jpg

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

You mean to say that those magical new wedges aren't fixing all of your problems? Totally kidding. I played Saturday and was fatting all of my approach shots (NOT a data collection day). Finally on about the 15th hole, I realized that I was standing with the ball slightly more forward in my stance.. durr... It's those millimeters of a miss that mean the difference between thin, fat, and money. Damn this game!

Ha yeah. The wedges are not the problem. Trust me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

40x2=80. Got over 2” rain last night so course was wet, real wet no roll. Hot no wind but still OK. 2 birdies which have been elusive lately. 18 th hole was only big blemish, dbl bogie! Had a great 4 some with lots of nut crushing.

3rd hole Par 3 tee shot. Measured 147 yds, 7 iron uphill.attachicon.gif IMG_2710.jpg

Well done Rick!!!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Well done Rick!!!

Today felt good. Right shoulder seems to be getting a little better. Lots of ice & my own physical therapy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3rd hole Par 3 tee shot. Measured 147 yds, 7 iron uphill. IMG_2710.jpg

And in true golfer friend banter fashion. We all said “Nice Par”.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Played thebclubs Member-Member. 2 separate courses. On Saturday my partner played horribly, I played ok. I shot 45-38=83, I was getting 6 strokes, so net 77, my partner was getting 8 strokes, and as a team we shot 75. On Sunday we both played much better. Team 68 with bogeys on the final 2 holes. I have a massive rant that I will put into that thread, it has to do with a group hitting into us.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Played 18 yesterday. First 9 was just to get out and swing a bit. Shot 36 with 2 birdies.

Then the crazy weather came in for the league 9. The cloud cover was DARK! Like disk darkness....which was crazy because it was only 4. It was hard to see anything. And it stayed like that for 7+ holes. Strangest thing I've ever seen weather wise. Hit the ball pretty well, with one big wind aided 58* wedge that flew the green and pin by 15 yards...and a chunked chip shot for my 3rd into a par 5. Ended the round with a 37. Should have been 35, but tis golf.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

40/42:82 with two birdies. Got 3rd Place, a CTP and 2 Skins....$62 off a $10 game.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Played in my sectional US Mid Am Qualifier today at Crooked Stick. Had a sort of scratchy +2 on the first 9 then birdied my 10th hole to get to +1. Couple holes later on a long par 3 I have a little pitch off of tight wet lie and fatted it about a yard forward. Bounced dead sideways and went down the slope of a bunker beside me and stopped in long snarled grass way below my feet. Couple more swats at it and I make triple on a par 3 then miss 3 more par putts inside 5 feet coming in and sign for 79. Not the first time I've put myself in position to have a chance then throw it away with poor play and poor execution. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. That's golf I guess

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

Played in my sectional US Mid Am Qualifier today at Crooked Stick. Had a sort of scratchy +2 on the first 9 then birdied my 10th hole to get to +1. Couple holes later on a long par 3 I have a little pitch off of tight wet lie and fatted it about a yard forward. Bounced dead sideways and went down the slope of a bunker beside me and stopped in long snarled grass way below my feet. Couple more swats at it and I make triple on a par 3 then miss 3 more par putts inside 5 feet coming in and sign for 79. Not the first time I've put myself in position to have a chance then throw it away with poor play and poor execution. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. That's golf I guess

That sucks. You'll get em next time.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Played another quick post work 9. Started off triple, double, and bogey on a easy par 3, then double on a easy short par 4. Then had a course employee play through. I was walking and hitting a few balls because I was doing so poorly up to that point. I watched him hit his 9 iron and just thought. Man he swung that so nice and easy. And DING DING DING.

The bells chimed. The heavens opened up. And suddenly I was letting the club do the work and striping my irons. Finished with a 47. Went all bogeys on the rest of the holes except for one par and had 3 GIRs on the next 5 holes. Should've been 4 but got a bad hop on the 185 yd par 3 (from the whites). Finally it's coming together. I hope.

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Played another quick post work 9. Started off triple, double, and bogey on a easy par 3, then double on a easy short par 4. Then had a course employee play through. I was walking and hitting a few balls because I was doing so poorly up to that point. I watched him hit his 9 iron and just thought. Man he swung that so nice and easy. And DING DING DING.

The bells chimed. The heavens opened up. And suddenly I was letting the club do the work and striping my irons. Finished with a 47. Went all bogeys on the rest of the holes except for one par and had 3 GIRs on the next 5 holes. Should've been 4 but got a bad hop on the 185 yd par 3 (from the whites). Finally it's coming together. I hope.

Yep!  Sometimes that's all it takes.  Hope you found something.

If you were playing basketball, a triple double would be a good thing.   ;)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Late Entry: I played Sunday, and couldn't find the hole with a two hands and a flashlight on the front 9. But improved on the back and birdied 16,17, and 18 to finish strong. That was fun!

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

41-42-83 (+11)

FIR 4/14

GIR 5/18 Well, that is where the shots went. I am normally around 11-12. I had a lot of bad misses with the driver that left me in a position where I couldn't hit the green.

17-14-31 Putts Good putting day thanks to some better chipping but still missed a few putts I should have made.

My ball striking was atrocious. Couldn't hit a shot well. I have been going through a swing change (narrowing my stance) and had unbeknownst me had started standing closer to the ball. I then adjusted that and started striking the ball better. I feel like things are eventually going to come around.

Qualified for the Illinois State Amateur today. Shot 35-36. Only bogey was the 18th hole. Finished T-3. They took 8.

attachicon.gif IMG_7666.JPG

attachicon.gif IMG_7667.PNG

Wow! Congrats

Sent from my VS988 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Ping G410 LST 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F3 60X

Callaway X2 Hot 2 Deep 12.5* 

Adams XTD LSP 23* hybrid Aldila rogue black 85X

Nike VR Pro II Blades 5-PW w/ Modus 120X

Nike Wedges

PXG Putter

Very disappointing 48 tonight. 9 hole League. Two weeks left to make the playoffs and I'm 7 points out. So I needed something in the 42-44 range to get close.

Started out 3 over after 5--which is good for me---and sitting in the middle of the 5th fairway (our 6th hole) and we had to wait several minutes on the group in front.

169 to the flag, 120 to carry a pond in front of the green. You can guess what happened. El chunko....hit the dropped 4th shot into some bushes to the right of the green. Walked off with a quad.

Next tee shot blew right OB. And on from there finishing those last 4 holes in 9 over

I need to be mentally stronger than that. Just bogey golf the last 4 holes gets me a 43 and I'm in great shape.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

41-42-83 (+11)

FIR 4/14

GIR 5/18 Well, that is where the shots went. I am normally around 11-12. I had a lot of bad misses with the driver that left me in a position where I couldn't hit the green.

17-14-31 Putts Good putting day thanks to some better chipping but still missed a few putts I should have made.

My ball striking was atrocious. Couldn't hit a shot well. I have been going through a swing change (narrowing my stance) and had unbeknownst me had started standing closer to the ball. I then adjusted that and started striking the ball better. I feel like things are eventually going to come around.

I'm going through a change as well, and a narrower stance is one change.  It awkward, but starting to feel better.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Very disappointing 48 tonight. 9 hole League. Two weeks left to make the playoffs and I'm 7 points out. So I needed something in the 42-44 range to get close.

Started out 3 over after 5--which is good for me---and sitting in the middle of the 5th fairway (our 6th hole) and we had to wait several minutes on the group in front.

169 to the flag, 120 to carry a pond in front of the green. You can guess what happened. El chunko....hit the dropped 4th shot into some bushes to the right of the green. Walked off with a quad.

Next tee shot blew right OB. And on from there finishing those last 4 holes in 9 over

I need to be mentally stronger than that. Just bogey golf the last 4 holes gets me a 43 and I'm in great shape.

Sounds like you have to go out and grab it next time.  Nothing to lose.  Don't focus on the score on a hole; play the shot.  You can pull this out!!!

Had 4 blow up holes today two of which were 10s and two 7s. Every thing else was par or bogey with one double bogey. Those holes killed me. The day started off in the 50s and I was playing well with a windbreaker on, once I took it off there went my round.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

heavy rain today, 4 ball match, during the squalls (and they were squalls) we all played well, holes won or halved with pars. when it was just rain we all had bogies or worse lol

I've gone back to how I played when I was younger, NO swing thoughts of turn behind the ball, weight on right heel, start downswing with the left thigh turning away and rotating blah blah blah.

I set up, swung back, swung through hard while keeping head still.......opponents even commented how good sounding the strikes were. That will do for me.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

42 + 40 = 82 today.   We started on the back nine since it was so crowded and I was off just a bit with the moving my big melon around too much.   The 42 was not so bad considering some of my misses however my Square Strike Wedge and putter kept things from getting too ugly.  Started out on the front with par, double, par, double, bogey, birdie, par, par, par, for the 40 on the back.    

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

43-39-82

FIR 1/14 Well, I was crooked, even for me today.

GIR 8/18 Still not up to normal standards but improving.

Putts 14-15-29 Ahh, now that is what I should fixate on, putter was quite good but this came from some great chipping.

All in all just a blah day.