Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

5 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I haven't been playing very well lately.  Scores are 4-5 shots higher than what I shot early this year.

I hear ya brother. I haven't been playing very consistent as of late either. Too many peaks and valleys during my rounds. I kind of wonder if maybe I've just mentally lost some focus now that the fall has arrived and me and the other guys aren't so regular around the course. Honestly, I've felt a little lethargic. I'm leaving tomorrow for Birmingham to play for a few days with some buddies. I think the change of environment and the challenge will be good for my soul. We'll have some good matches and plenty fun. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I played with my brother today. It's the first time I've played in 6 weeks. It was a miserable, wet, muddy mess on the course........ the conditions I hate the most. 

That said.... I had a blast! I shot like like s**t, but it was fun! I shot 92 and lost 7 balls in plain sight... in the fairway!  Fall golf is fun, but I can't afford it...lol.

On 10/27/2018 at 8:50 PM, GB13 said:

Woo-Hoo! I broke par for the first time ever today!!! I shot 36-34-70 (-2)!! The putter was on FIRE! I made at least 5 putts over 20 feet. It was nice to see a few putts go in because I had really been struggling with the putter lately. 

FIR 11/14 That might be the most fairways I have ever hit. I guess all good scoring starts from hitting the fairway. 

GIR 13/18 Oddly the irons weren't very sharp today so I know I left some shots out there. 😄

Putts 15-13-28 

Congrats!!! 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Got out for a short 9 on an uncommonly sunny, mild and calm early November afternoon.

The Good:

• hit 3 fairways (just missed 2 others)
  • hit both Par 3 greens plus 1 other GIR
  • wedges from like 30 - 70 yds were all pretty good
  • had 2 bunker shots that i got out
    • (tho one was way short and the other a bit long)
  • had 3 x 1-putts
  • got 2 lucky bounces that gave me 2 of those 3 greens hit!

The Not-So-Good:

• 2 penalties from Tee shots hooked left OB
    • the re-tee'ed shots were both good
  • 2 Triple Bogey 7s
  • 3 x 3-putts
    • one of those was the classic turn 1 putt into 3...
  • no decent second shots ...

So I've definitely made some improvements in my game (tho, sadly, not my overall score..!) and have some good stuff to continue to work on over the Winter.

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

• SPY VIP

Played the new combo tees at my home course yesterday (Ancil Hoffman). Only knocked about 300 yards off the total (6500->6225), but man was it more fun to play. Having the Par 4 12th go from 421 to 371 made a huge difference. I think I've shot par on that hole twice, and never with two putts to do so.

I did feel like I was cheating a bit as I moved up to the white tees when the card said to do so, but I got over that. It was crazy how much more fun the round was. Didn't shoot any lower either. Actually scored two shots lower from the longer tees a few weeks back. I think that the stress of always needing long approach shots just gets tiring.

Viva Combo Tees!

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

22 minutes ago, GolfSpy Dave said:

Played the new combo tees at my home course yesterday (Ancil Hoffman). Only knocked about 300 yards off the total (6500->6225), but man was it more fun to play. Having the Par 4 12th go from 421 to 371 made a huge difference. I think I've shot par on that hole twice, and never with two putts to do so.

I did feel like I was cheating a bit as I moved up to the white tees when the card said to do so, but I got over that. It was crazy how much more fun the round was. Didn't shoot any lower either. Actually scored two shots lower from the longer tees a few weeks back. I think that the stress of always needing long approach shots just gets tiring.

Viva Combo Tees!

Nice!  50 yards on a par 4 is a huge difference for me.

Sounds like fun...wish more courses would do that.  I've played both blue/white/black this year and never thought about moving up to the white and back to the blue on various holes.  Seems like once you commit you're there and if you move you're somehow cheating.  I like this!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

• SPY VIP
3 minutes ago, strokerAce said:

Nice!  50 yards on a par 4 is a huge difference for me.

Sounds like fun...wish more courses would do that.  I've played both blue/white/black this year and never thought about moving up to the white and back to the blue on various holes.  Seems like once you commit you're there and if you move you're somehow cheating.  I like this!

I figured if it's on the card then it must be cool. When I logged the round for NCGA, the app had the combo tees listed for HCP so all's good.

Also played a "cheap" ball. The Callaway Superhot matte orange. Bought one at check in on a whim, and bought a box at the turn. Really fun ball to play, and definitely longer for me. No problem finding it in the leaves either. Now the one that I pulled with ferocity OB with the 3W, that one was not going to be found without a machete.

superhotorange.jpg

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

On 10/27/2018 at 5:50 PM, GB13 said:

Woo-Hoo! I broke par for the first time ever today!!! I shot 36-34-70 (-2)!! The putter was on FIRE! I made at least 5 putts over 20 feet. It was nice to see a few putts go in because I had really been struggling with the putter lately. 

FIR 11/14 That might be the most fairways I have ever hit. I guess all good scoring starts from hitting the fairway. 

GIR 13/18 Oddly the irons weren't very sharp today so I know I left some shots out there. 😄

Putts 15-13-28 

Its a funny thing that when you go really low, you still leave some shots out there. Its because you're hitting so many great shots, that when you don't, you get a little miffed. But keep in mind that you might have hit a fantastic recovery shot, or drilled one of those putts you talked about. So it kinda washes out both ways. Regardless, dropping a -2 takes a complete game for the whole way, and also requires a bunch of fantastic shots.

Well done there young fellah!

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Walked 18 at my course with the guys today.  An interesting day to say the least; hit some good drives, hit some just OK drives.  Second (and 3rd) shots were not so good.   Only shot 82 with 2 birdies.  Chipping and putting could have been a highlight reel.

I had 26 putts (11 one-putts; 6 two-putts, and 1 three-putt).  The 3-putt was on a 50-footer.  I also spent the day working on my sand game.  Because I had poor approach shots, I was in seven (7) bunkers; I got out of all of them and had 4 sand saves.  Decent bunker shots, but great putting.  I decided to putt aggressive today; something I haven't been doing very well lately.  It was nice seeing the ball race into the hole, but on several of them, it was a good thing the ball hit the hole.   I hit one putt so hard that it hit the back of the cup, popped up in the air and dropped in.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

9 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Got out for a short 9 on an uncommonly sunny, mild and calm early November afternoon.

The Good:

• hit 3 fairways (just missed 2 others)
  • hit both Par 3 greens plus 1 other GIR
  • wedges from like 30 - 70 yds were all pretty good
  • had 2 bunker shots that i got out
    • (tho one was way short and the other a bit long)
  • had 3 x 1-putts
  • got 2 lucky bounces that gave me 2 of those 3 greens hit!

The Not-So-Good:

• 2 penalties from Tee shots hooked left OB
    • the re-tee'ed shots were both good
  • 2 Triple Bogey 7s
  • 3 x 3-putts
    • one of those was the classic turn 1 putt into 3...
  • no decent second shots ...

So I've definitely made some improvements in my game (tho, sadly, not my overall score..!) and have some good stuff to continue to work on over the Winter.

Looking good!!  The lessons seem to be paying off.

The "Not-So-Good" penalty shots...  we call that re-upping our membership in the Dumbass Club.  When the re-teed shot is good, we all yell "Why didn't you do that the first time, Dumbass!!!   I'm a Charter Member of our Club.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

The "Not-So-Good" penalty shots...  we call that re-upping our membership in the Dumbass Club.  When the re-teed shot is good, we all yell "Why didn't you do that the first time, Dumbass!!!   I'm a Charter Member of our Club.
Love it!
Another guy had told me: "Golf is easy .. just hit your second shot the first time!"

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I am the freaking president of that club. 

I am probably a better than scratch iron player, chipper, and putter but I have 2 or 3 of the "Dumbass" shots off the tee.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

What’s murphy’s law for golfers? If you are nutting it on the range you will suck on the course. Shot 83 yesterday, but my irons cost me about 6 strokes with some really bad hooks and misses. I’m playing my 15 yr old irons while PING has my current irons and I know there is a lie adjustment to make with my swing. But man when you are ripping them pure on the range 10 minutes before teeing off, why can’t you carry that swing and results to the course. I mean, I was Johnny Miller at Oakmont in ‘73 on the range, and turned into Patrick Reed at the Ryder Cup (in France) on the course. Very frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Tuesday we played Rogers Park in Tampa, an historic black course that is a Muni. Shot 42/42:84 with a Closest to the Pin and Birdie on Par 3 #15. I had 6 One Putts today with my old Nike Method Core Drone.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

9 holes, 9 GIR, 9 pars. I feel like I’m living in Ferris Buehler’s Day Off.

Weird day, 40-45. Front 9 off the tee decent putter really good and played in 1.5 hours.
Made the turn and got behind a large women’s league. During the summer usually not a problem but birds are here in force and back was 2.5 hours. Took us out of our tempo and we all played lousy. Got to get used to Snowbird Golf

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Weird day, 40-45. Front 9 off the tee decent putter really good and played in 1.5 hours.
Made the turn and got behind a large women’s league. During the summer usually not a problem but birds are here in force and back was 2.5 hours. Took us out of our tempo and we all played lousy. Got to get used to Snowbird Golf

Not me buddy. I skip holes, find a hole in the zone, or just play where they ain’t. Then again, my little 9 hole muni today was completely empty, except for one other guy. He saw me, and I saw him. We nodded to each other while we each did our thing on separate holes. Walked my 9 in an hour. Just another day here.

Not me buddy. I skip holes, find a hole in the zone, or just play where they ain’t. Then again, my little 9 hole muni today was completely empty, except for one other guy. He saw me, and I saw him. We nodded to each other while we each did our thing on separate holes. Walked my 9 in an hour. Just another day here.

No place too go except home. Entire course was filled. We were 1st off the front 9 and ran smack into the last of the wave.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Friday morning Seniors game. I shot 36/44:80 with 17 Hcap netted a 63 for 3rd place. The 36 on the front was like I was in a fog, just kept making Pars. The back started great as well, but I put 3 balls in the water and still pulled a 44 out. Cobras were firing on all cylinders. Arccos 3 Best awards.....6 Up & Downs, Fewest 3 putts.....0! And Fewest putts with 28. Shot of the day was on #9 with a 19 yard chip in birdie. Second best Shot of the Day was a 193 yard 3 Wood, out from under trees on #16, which set me up for a chip and one putt par.

Even though I messed up the back with a 44, I came away feeling very good.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Tuesday we played Rogers Park in Tampa, an historic black course that is a Muni. Shot 42/42:84 with a Closest to the Pin and Birdie on Par 3 #15. I had 6 One Putts today with my old Nike Method Core Drone.

I like Rogers Park!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Shot well today with two conditions/ First is was a very short course and we played from the whites. Advantage me.

Winds were blowing up to 50 mph Gusts, Advantage track.

Shot even, so I guess it was a tie.

Fun working on low shots and 30 yard curves... with 9 irons.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Just shot an 89 at the Waldorf Astoria course in Orlando. Rented TaylorMade M4s, cart path only, no laser, and the cart gps was in meters. Despite all that it was obvious these clubs go for miles.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Today at Pebble Creek, I Shot a 40/43:83......nothing spectacular except I put a new putter in play. Cleveland Huntington Beach 11 Soft. It has a double milled center area and softer milled on the heel and toe areas. This is supposed to allow for even distances across the face of the putter.

So much better than yesterday. Having my irons back with the correct shaft might have had something to do with it.

IMG_2367.PNG

3 minutes ago, GSwag said:

So much better than yesterday. Having my irons back with the correct shaft might have had something to do with it.

IMG_2367.PNG

Great work out there brother!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

IMG_2367.thumb.PNG.5824673d49cad454a33ffffdbd1eab36.PNG

Yea!! Your back

Rick

Left Hand,