Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played pretty well yesterday.  Shot 75 with 29 putts, 67% fairways and 44% greens.  Lots of pressure on my short game and I did pretty well getting up and down.  Bogeys were a direct result of poor short game shots;  40-80 yards really killed me.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Day 2 at the Waldorf-Astoria course in Orlando and shaved a stroke off yesterday’s score for an 88. All TM rental bag and the clubs were fine but was charged full price for cart path only and no yardage markers where you needed them. M4 driver was straight as an arrow but a little shorter for me. Came up long and short a lot. Grrrr.....

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

+2 through 15 holes. I ain’t gonna complain too much. Had a 6 foot eagle putt on #3 which I missed. Just happy to be out playing and that it wasn’t raining.
IMG_2368.PNG

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Ran out to my home track and carded a yucky 49/47 for a 96 which leaks my HC back out of the teens... Had 3 pars but only a sniff at 2 real birdies. Putter was absent the whole day. Great day to get out though!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Monday morning 68* light breeze gorgeous morning. 44-42=86. It’s 6 shots higher than I’d like but not upset about it. Hit driver a little more consistent than last month and irons not too bad. Putter not working, missing by inches & lipouts all morning.
Actually hit my hybrid OK a couple times, need that working.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Yesterday at Babe Zaharias GC in Tampa. Weather was excellent, low 70’s to 86*. Shot s 42/44:86 with a birdie($22 hooray). Greens and Fairways were over seeded last week and not yet cut, yielding very difficult putting.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Shot an unspectacular 84 this morning. Weather great, 70* tee time 85 * at 11:30.
Best part of morning was one of my Buds had a 2 under Par 34 front 9, pretty cool!! His back 9 was, well not as great.
As for my game Driver is sporadic but I’m seeing some good stuff going on.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Hit a club reciprocal.course over in Lincoln City Tuesday. Needed to get out of town and a change of people and scenery. Resort course par 68 I believe. Not well kept but super challenging and the slope/rating should be much higher. Hilly, tight, and small greens. Shot 8 overwhich I was happy with since I hadnt played that course in 30 years. A laser rangefinder woykd have came in super handy. Fun day with a beverage and chowder to top it off. 

Played 9 on my home course last night. 6 or 7 over with a birdie. Back bothers me when It gets colder and didnt pop my meds soon enouhh before round. Tough when you are all arms first few holes. 

Probably only another round or two in me before I have surgery on my hands. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Rough start , +4 thru front, but settled down with a -1 on back for a +3 total. My normally good driving was sketchy today for some reason, but the Hybrid was strong. One time to get me on in 2 on a par 5 for a birdie, then the next hole driver hit a tree and left me in the bark, 190 uphill, and the Hybrid got me on to save par.

funny how some days a certain club gets good results...really good.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

All of this in 48 degrees. IMG_2371.PNG

The highlight of the day came on #6, which in my opinion is the hardest par 5 in Tallahassee. It’s a 600 yard par 5 that forces you to draw the ball right to left off of the tee into a tight landing area with OB right with trees and trees on the left. There is also a creek that runs across the fairway at about 320 yards, but you can still take driver off of the tee unless you absolutely crush one then you need to lay back a bit.

Anyway, I hooked my drive a bit and it ended up in a puddle on the cart path. So I took my free drop and hooked my 4 hybrid way left which is not a big deal because once you walk over the creek it opens up on both sides. My ball landed right near the sand trap to the next hole and I had a lie on the back of the bunker with my ball way below my feet. I also was slightly blocked from going straight at the green by a tree.

No problem I say (well, I won’t tell you what I said, I’m keeping this G rated). So I have 158 to the middle of the green. I pull out my 7 iron and let it rip. My ball nicks a leaf from the tree but it keepa going. I lost sight of it and just looked at the green hoping I would see where it ended up. Well dang, I see the ball hit about a foot from the flag stick and stop about 2 feet from the hole. Tap in birdie.

I think I’ve birdied this hole once before. I honestly can’t remember because usually I am just thrilled with making par on this beast of a hole.

Heard its going to be dry tomorrow so planning a roll up game (all comps finished ages ago) plus its dark at 4pm these days. Ground is sodden so course will play longer.

Probably my last game for awhile unfortunately as its cold and rain forecast from Monday onwards.

Trying out my 'new' takeaway tomorrow so if it works it will keep me feeling warm and fuzzy all winter😄

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

These are the days that remind you that you can never master this game and sometimes you are hanging on for dear life as you watch you golf game turn to
IMG_2373.PNG

Had a very good day at even par. Started with a chip in from 50 yrs for eagle on 1.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Today was extra special. Bright sunshine with a mild breeze and mid-60s temps. We had a noon tee time and I went out and played pretty well.
IMG_2375.PNG

We finished in about 2 hours, so we played another 18 in 2 hours, 22 minutes and I really lit it up good.
IMG_2376.PNG

4 hours and 45 minutes for 36 holes for a twosome and we weren’t held up much at all all day. There’s a reason they call my buddy “Flash”.

What a great day!

Today was extra special. Bright sunshine with a mild breeze and mid-60s temps. We had a noon tee time and I went out and played pretty well.
IMG_2375.thumb.PNG.6f7515dabee87cf72af2c9930758c761.PNG

We finished in about 2 hours, so we played another 18 in 2 hours, 22 minutes and I really lit it up good.
IMG_2376.thumb.PNG.c96fe9612ab883c2ec3ab5fd2738ed61.PNG

4 hours and 45 minutes for 36 holes for a twosome and we weren’t held up much at all all day. There’s a reason they call my buddy “Flash”.

What a great day!

That's some serious pace!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

My wife and I played in our club's annual Turkey Shoot scramble today to support the Union Gospel Mission.  We had to bring a turkey as part of our entry fee.  Sunny and a crisp 40º.  We played with another couple and finished dead last.  There were some big names in the Tri-Cities golf world playing.  Many of the holes had funky things going on.

One hole was Foot Golf set up next to the #10 hole.  We played a scramble with a soccer ball.  Last time I kicked any kind of ball was in high school... 54 years ago!  

One hole we all had to putt with a hockey stick; another hole we all had to putt with a sledge hammer.  I will never putt with the sledge hammer ever again.  That ruined my putting stroke for the rest of the round.  

One hole we had the pick our worst drive.  On another hole our first shot was with a baseball bat and baseball off a T-ball tee.  On our long par 3 hole we had to throw a bowling ball to determine where we would tee off from.  A couple of holes had Turkey cutouts and it was closest to the Turkey; one on a par 3, nowhere near the pin; and the other was on a par 5 for our second shot.  

Everyone had a great time.  My only regret is that I didn't start drinking until our 5th hole.  I should have started at the breakfast buffet!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 11/16/2018 at 3:38 PM, perseveringgolfer said:

Heard its going to be dry tomorrow so planning a roll up game (all comps finished ages ago) plus its dark at 4pm these days. Ground is sodden so course will play longer.

Probably my last game for awhile unfortunately as its cold and rain forecast from Monday onwards.

Trying out my 'new' takeaway tomorrow so if it works it will keep me feeling warm and fuzzy all winter😄

Played pretty well with my new takeaway. 

+2 after 9 which include an eagle 3 at the par 5 (great drive, long 4 wood, chip in)

Long game was excellent, chipping vastly improved, putts let me down but overall very happy and good foundation to work on.

Blew the last 2 with OB on both but not disheartened. Shame we now have 5 months of bad winter weather to come. 🙄

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

77. Played well!!!!! G400 Max was phenomenal: 10/14 fairways! 71%. I love this course, and I never get to play it. I missed three birdie putts inside 10 feet! Made one birdie on a 50+ foot putt. Good day.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

23 hours ago, Kenny B said:

My wife and I played in our club's annual Turkey Shoot scramble today to support the Union Gospel Mission.  We had to bring a turkey as part of our entry fee.  Sunny and a crisp 40º.  We played with another couple and finished dead last.  There were some big names in the Tri-Cities golf world playing.  Many of the holes had funky things going on.

One hole was Foot Golf set up next to the #10 hole.  We played a scramble with a soccer ball.  Last time I kicked any kind of ball was in high school... 54 years ago!  

One hole we all had to putt with a hockey stick; another hole we all had to putt with a sledge hammer.  I will never putt with the sledge hammer ever again.  That ruined my putting stroke for the rest of the round.  

One hole we had the pick our worst drive.  On another hole our first shot was with a baseball bat and baseball off a T-ball tee.  On our long par 3 hole we had to throw a bowling ball to determine where we would tee off from.  A couple of holes had Turkey cutouts and it was closest to the Turkey; one on a par 3, nowhere near the pin; and the other was on a par 5 for our second shot.  

Everyone had a great time.  My only regret is that I didn't start drinking until our 5th hole.  I should have started at the breakfast buffet!!

Oh yeah... I forgot to mention that on hole #5, a 550y par 5, they had Troy Teal, a World Long Drive competitor who would hit a ball for you for $5 that went to charity.  We paid $20 for our 4 balls, and took the best one; 162y from the green.  Absolutely amazing to watch!!  I had no idea that a 2º driver could launch that high!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Horrible 94 on Sat and 87 on Sunday. Chipping let me down.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

10 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

mine was horrible until this...........

go to 1min 57sec and picture this during chipping- had my first chip in this year doing this on Saturday...

Short game was miserable for me as well this weekend. I think I have a technique issue. With the ground starting to soften up, I am going under the ball on those 10-70 yard chip/pitch shots. I try to use the bounce, doesn’t dig deep, but when I try to slide the club under the ball is literally goes under the ball and goes nowhere. All I can say is that it is very frustrating.

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

Short game was miserable for me as well this weekend. I think I have a technique issue. With the ground starting to soften up, I am going under the ball on those 10-70 yard chip/pitch shots. I try to use the bounce, doesn’t dig deep, but when I try to slide the club under the ball is literally goes under the ball and goes nowhere. All I can say is that it is very frustrating.

I'm glad I'm not alone.  I was getting frustrated at lunch time in that same yardage range.  Those half chips around the greens and I was not happy with the results.  But I'll just take into consideration that the course I was on is a weed factory, and it's soft and muddy from all the rain we've had recently.  And my backup lob wedge is a low bounce 58° Cleveland wedge that works great on hard pan and tight lies.  But you try and hit it in the mushy stuff and the results are very inconsistent.  I can't get too upset with it all because of the conditions.  It's almost to the point where I will pull PW for those sort of shots and just punch and run them all.  I'd probably have better results playing it that way, versus the chunk and mud balls I am currently getting.

38/36 74 (1 over)

11/14 Fwy

12/18 GIR

3 over after 4 and 2 under remaining 14. Hit ball very well. 4 birdies but 3 were 2 putts and 1 was a chip in. Hit A LOT of good putts but nothing would go in. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Just now, THEZIPR23 said:

38/36 74 (1 over)

11/14 Fwy

12/18 GIR

3 over after 4 and 2 under remaining 14. Hit ball very well. 4 birdies but 3 were 2 putts and 1 was a chip in. Hit A LOT of good putts but nothing would go in. 

I know golf is a relative game, depending on your skill level, but dude, if I had this sort of round I'd be giddy for a week.  Heck, I wish I had your length.  I reach one par 5 in two every 3 months or so, if I hit my driver and 4 wood totally flush and straight, which rarely if ever happens.

1 minute ago, GSwag said:

I know golf is a relative game, depending on your skill level, but dude, if I had this sort of round I'd be giddy for a week.  Heck, I wish I had your length.  I reach one par 5 in two every 3 months or so, if I hit my driver and 4 wood totally flush and straight, which rarely if ever happens.

I should be excited, however it is hard sometimes when I hit 12 greens and avg 2.00 putts on those holes. Course I played yesterday is not my home course and the par 5's are fairly short. 18 hole is only 465 but plays into wind. Yesterday was no wind and got it to roll over the hill. Had 167 in. Not many courses I play that are driver 7 iron for par 5's. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

3 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I should be excited, however it is hard sometimes when I hit 12 greens and avg 2.00 putts on those holes. Course I played yesterday is not my home course and the par 5's are fairly short. 18 hole is only 465 but plays into wind. Yesterday was no wind and got it to roll over the hill. Had 167 in. Not many courses I play that are driver 7 iron for par 5's. 

If your proximity to the hole on those 12 GIR is > 20 feet, then you can't feel too bad about it.  Heck there are days when I hit a lot of greens, but make nothing.  Then I look back and every first putt was like 40-50 feet.  This may sound strange, but in that situation I think I'm better off missing the stupid green.  At least my number of putts go down.  😁

That type of Scramble can be fun once in a while. War Department and I played in one very similar couple years and you had to play Par 3 with Putter off the tee and driver remainder of the hole. We used War Dept drive with the putter then she drained the driver shot for a birdie. No living with her for s couple days.

Rick

Left Hand, 

If your proximity to the hole on those 12 GIR is > 20 feet, then you can't feel too bad about it.  Heck there are days when I hit a lot of greens, but make nothing.  Then I look back and every first putt was like 40-50 feet.  This may sound strange, but in that situation I think I'm better off missing the stupid green.  At least my number of putts go down.  

And this is why looking at and evaluating play via stats is so difficult. You have to know what you are comparing against.

I still want to hit greens because my short game results in too many 2 putts. For me missing the green just means I have a short putt for bogey!