TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

So what did the CBX replace?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

The RTX 2.0 56° that I broke a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Straight from work to the course hoping to get in 12 holes or so. Limped in after 9 with my back screaming at me. Beautiful 45 degree and sunny afternoon. Maybe played to +4. Trying to get in as much golf as possible as im anticipating carpal tunnel surgery around Christmas. Hit happy hour for dinner and drink. Great day all around

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Shot a solid 77 today - not bad for a guy who can only play every other week.

I’m very happy. You know you’re striking it well when you have putter in hand after a miss hit. That happened several times.

I also navigated around the broken 9 iron beautifully. Laid up much closer to the green on 3/4 par 5’s to eliminate any chance of 9 iron and then hit a couple of hooded wedges and another gripped down 8 iron to cover the gap.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

We had a really fun day today.  I shot an 80. One of the guy's in the group, who has been struggling of late, shot the best round of his life; an 86.  Another, with a 22 handicap, shot a 78 with a hole-in-one on the No. 13 par 3.  It was a blast to witness - haven't seen one in at least 30 years! He just kept hitting them straight and his chipping and putting was fantastic.  The other in the group shot a 90 which was one of his better rounds as well.  It's really fun when everyone in the group is clicking and playing well... and exceptionally well in one case. 👍

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Well seeings how it is 31 degrees and real feel is 22 we decided to go and play tiger on the number 9 green at our local course. We get there and the green is covered in ice, but does that stop us? No! It pitch black out did that stop us? No! We put a flashlight in the cup and tackled the green armed with only a putter for the three of us and our flashlights on our phones. We had a great time and only seen 1 ball end up in the lake.

Well seeings how it is 31 degrees and real feel is 22 we decided to go and play tiger on the number 9 green at our local course. We get there and the green is covered in ice, but does that stop us? No! It pitch black out did that stop us? No! We put a flashlight in the cup and tackled the green armed with only a putter for the three of us and our flashlights on our phones. We had a great time and only seen 1 ball end up in the lake.

Not to mention water in the cup and the flashlight about dying

SFT. 

SEE IT. FEEL IT. TRUST IT. 

Headed south this morning to Eugene to pick up my daughter at UO. Hit Fiddlers Green for some golf goodies and hit their par 3 course. Complete with ice on the ponds and a nice strong wind. Stoppee at 9 as the cold plays havoc wirh the back. Clubs are officially put until after my surgery later in the month. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Heading to the local 9 hole course this morning with @JonathonWJones hoping I’m able to just get these golf tags to work is my only true goal for the day seeings how the weather is not the greatest in northeast Ohio.
Currently 30 degrees and snow staring at 1 lets hope we beat the snow.
Let’s also hope everything is frozen and we can get some 350 yard drives lol

Yes today was super harsh on us. The wind was BRUTAL to say the very least. But he got to work on his rags and I got to hit my new callaways so it turned out to be an awesome round.

SFT. 

A 22 handicap shot a 78.... I’d lose it if I was against him in a match 

There always has to be that one person in the forum huh. So I guess my question to you is if there is two people playing who is the 22 handicap and furthermore what distinguishes either as a 22? Are you a pro omg I’m not worthy can I have your autograph being in such greatness?

The odds are about 1650 to 1 for that kind of differential. If it happens once it is probably legit, you would have to see trends to know if it is sandbagging, had a hot round, or if the person is working on their game.

Many years ago when I was a mid 90s golfer, I had an on day and shot 81. I didn’t approach that number again until I started to take the game more seriously and take lessons. Found a good instructor and after a couple of lessons I shot 76. I quickly lowered my handicap after more lessons.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 hours ago, Charli said:

That's just not right.  There is no way as a 22, I could see myself shooting a 78 - even if the stars were aligned. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

15 hours ago, Mizuno_fan said:

Update: no 350 yard drives. I shot a 43 and he shot a 45. Putting was terrible we both 3 pitted on 3 different holes. I did have a birdie, but this is what we were looking at towards the last 4 holes
IMG_0784.PNGIMG_0781.PNG

You look cold! 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Back to the 22 because this fits another thread.

It happens that 22’s break 80 - exactly as Csnoil wrote about himself and his 81. It just depends on how the 22’s handicap comes about.

I play lots of golf with a guy who vacillates from 19-23. I’ve seen him break 80 a handful of times in the dozen or so years that I’ve known him.

His handicap is high because he takes lots of penalties (long and wrong), uses exceedingly questionable judgement and is an absolutely abysmal putter.

So give him a round where his judgment errors don’t hurt him and he holes some putts and you have the prescription for a “miracle” round. That’s when his cap drops to 19. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Back to the 22 because this fits another thread.

It happens that 22’s break 80 - exactly as Csnoil wrote about himself and his 81. It just depends on how the 22’s handicap comes about.

I play lots of golf with a guy who vacillates from 19-23. I’ve seen him break 80 a handful of times in the dozen or so years that I’ve known him.

His handicap is high because he takes lots of penalties (long and wrong), uses exceedingly questionable judgement and is an absolutely abysmal putter.

So give him a round where his judgment errors don’t hurt him and he holes some putts and you have the prescription for a “miracle” round. That’s when his cap drops to 19. :)

100% true. I'm that guy. Huge handicap, and when I got fitted for my driver the pro's comment was "you sure don't swing like a 29."

Being stubborn and taking penalties adds a ton to my handicap. I'm like Tin Cup waaay too often. "I know I can make that shot...."

I could easily take 7-10 strokes off my scores in penalties alone. Probably another 4-5 by being smarter about what I pull out of my bag.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

100% true. I'm that guy. Huge handicap, and when I got fitted for my driver the pro's comment was "you sure don't swing like a 29."

Being stubborn and taking penalties adds a ton to my handicap. I'm like Tin Cup waaay too often. "I know I can make that shot...."

I could easily take 7-10 strokes off my scores in penalties alone. Probably another 4-5 by being smarter about what I pull out of my bag.

I play fairly smart. I play to my yardages is my main point in any round. Not that I can’t take 3/4 or 1/2 swings, but if I don’t have to then I’m absolutely ok with that. I learned a long time ago playing smart will help you a lot more than ton cup. However I would be lying if I said that I’ve never pulled the tin cup myself before. Sometimes there is just that one shot that you know you can do and you know is right no matter how many times you fail.

22 hours ago, Mizuno_fan said:

Update: no 350 yard drives. I shot a 43 and he shot a 45. Putting was terrible we both 3 pitted on 3 different holes. I did have a birdie, but this is what we were looking at towards the last 4 holes
IMG_0784.PNGIMG_0781.PNG

That picture defines why we moved to FL 6.5 years ago.

War Dept had a thought about going to CT for a week this Christmas......NO, God created FaceTime just for this reason!!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

It was a day for a golf marathon. Played round 1 at Grand Cypress New Course in our first round of alternate shot format. Let’s just say it’s frustrating when you rip a drive down the middle and give your partner a simple 110 yard wedge in and he chunks it and dunks it in the moat right in front of the green. Ah well, might as well get the triple bogey out of the way on the first hole. But I will say that he redeemed himself on the 2nd hole by stiffing a wedge to within a foot for a tap in birdie. We ended up shooting 92 and are T30 out of 33 teams. At least we’re not dead last. We have tomorrow to make it respectable.

So we finished at noon, had some lunch and decided to trek over to Orange County National where we played the Crooked Cat course. And in the interest of full disclosure, the tips are around 7,500 yards and I just laughed. Um, no. So the next tees up are 7,000. Uh, please no. So the next tees up are 6,500. Ok, now we’re talking.

So I ripped a drive down the middle on the 480 yard par 5 first hole and had 210 in. So I pulled hybrid and put it pin high to about 20 feet and drained the putt for only my 10th eagle ever. What an exciting way to start the round. Here’s my scorecard.
IMG_2429.PNG
Here’s a few pics from the course. What a fantastic track btw.
IMG_2423.JPG
IMG_2422.JPG
IMG_2425.JPG
IMG_2426.JPG
IMG_2428.JPG

The weather in Orlando is perfect btw. It was 73 degrees and bright sunshine this afternoon. Fantastic day!

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

It was a day for a golf marathon. Played round 1 at Grand Cypress New Course in our first round of alternate shot format. Let’s just say it’s frustrating when you rip a drive down the middle and give your partner a simple 110 yard wedge in and he chunks it and dunks it in the moat right in front of the green. Ah well, might as well get the triple bogey out of the way on the first hole. But I will say that he redeemed himself on the 2nd hole by stiffing a wedge to within a foot for a tap in birdie. We ended up shooting 92 and are T30 out of 33 teams. At least we’re not dead last. We have tomorrow to make it respectable.

So we finished at noon, had some lunch and decided to trek over to Orange County National where we played the Crooked Cat course. And in the interest of full disclosure, the tips are around 7,500 yards and I just laughed. Um, no. So the next tees up are 7,000. Uh, please no. So the next tees up are 6,500. Ok, now we’re talking.

So I ripped a drive down the middle on the 480 yard par 5 first hole and had 210 in. So I pulled hybrid and put it pin high to about 20 feet and drained the putt for only my 10th eagle ever. What an exciting way to start the round. Here’s my scorecard.
IMG_2429.thumb.PNG.45585e2f5fdf207f8314a67e8ebe956f.PNG
Here’s a few pics from the course. What a fantastic track btw.
IMG_2423.thumb.JPG.78e485d50c2c4fea3c6214fa2a1535bf.JPG
IMG_2422.thumb.JPG.9c5b16eb142462505ab80bce38844d5a.JPG
IMG_2425.thumb.JPG.49b88009d6d7850615384ec6b187d45f.JPG
IMG_2426.thumb.JPG.4ffcdaeee90f455fe9c8de90ac50b74e.JPG
IMG_2428.thumb.JPG.024f6ae5e8bb2a093436039bdf170af6.JPG

The weather in Orlando is perfect btw. It was 73 degrees and bright sunshine this afternoon. Fantastic day!

That course looks amazing. Truly amazing.

SFT. 

Played my first round with my new Mizuno MP18 MMCs and Hogan TK wedges. Hadn’t been able to play for 3 weeks due to work and an unfortunate bout of gastroenteritis.

Really solid to start, 1 over after 8, greens were slow after a minor tining but rolled ok.
Very happy with the new irons, other than a couple of very poor swings they’re very forgiving and I love the ball flight.
Ended up playing to my 9 handicap with a couple of very soft doubles after leaving it in the bunker

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Just got back from my first round in 6 weeks. Went 48-42 for 90. Would've been ok, but it was a tight little exec. with par 62. (Actually, it put me right on my handicap.) 5 penalties.

They had been closed for 6 months to refurbish their greens and tee boxes. I couldn't get any sense of speed at all on the greens. 43 putts.

I did manage a 5 hole run of pars, with one that should have been a birdie. Just lipped the birdie putt out.

It was just nice to get a chance to play again after such a long layoff.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

My wife and I had a 10am tee time today.  It was 28º and cloudy, but the sun was supposed to come out by noon.  They lied.  

We took our cart cover that we bought 2 years ago that fits the Yamaha rentals, but we have no heater.  The guy in the pro shop said that two groups were about 30 minutes ahead of us and no one has a tee time behind us.  It started snowing.  Only a few flakes so we headed to the first tee.  I was cold.  We decided to play the first two holes, then decide if we would continue since the 2nd green was by the parking lot.  It stopped snowing, so we continued on.  I took this picture from in front of the #3 green looking across the pond back down the fairway.  

IMG_0991.jpg.80571632bcc8aea0cb8279030d7e42f8.jpg

The pond was frozen... so were the greens.  I made a mistake and landed my ball on the front of the 40 yard deep #5 green; went off the back.  We finished the front nine and called it quits.  I hit the ball pretty well, but there was no way to score today.  Riding in a cart, even with a cover, is colder than I remember in years past.  

We have a 10am tee time for tomorrow, but I think I'll walk; much easier to stay warm.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

My wife and I had a 10am tee time today.  It was 28º and cloudy, but the sun was supposed to come out by noon.  They lied.  

We took our cart cover that we bought 2 years ago that fits the Yamaha rentals, but we have no heater.  The guy in the pro shop said that two groups were about 30 minutes ahead of us and no one has a tee time behind us.  It started snowing.  Only a few flakes so we headed to the first tee.  I was cold.  We decided to play the first two holes, then decide if we would continue since the 2nd green was by the parking lot.  It stopped snowing, so we continued on.  I took this picture from in front of the #3 green looking across the pond back down the fairway.  

The pond was frozen... so were the greens.  I made a mistake and landed my ball on the front of the 40 yard deep #5 green; went off the back.  We finished the front nine and called it quits.  I hit the ball pretty well, but there was no way to score today.  Riding in a cart, even with a cover, is colder than I remember in years past.  

We have a 10am tee time for tomorrow, but I think I'll walk; much easier to stay warm.

You can get a cart heater for about $50. at any big box store, however, at some point you have to get out and hit the ball which at that temp is not a pleasant experience. At that temp, I prefer staying home and practicing in my warm basement. 😎

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

28* no way, you guys are tougher than me
I’m rethinking under 45*!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list