TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

On 12/29/2018 at 5:13 PM, Apolloshowl said:

I wish simulated golf was real.... 

IMG_20181229_204235.jpg

I don't think you want to be playing Banff Springs for real right now.  Wait 6 months!!  😉

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Been busy lately, but made it out to play this weekend.  Saturday was warm 54º, but a bitter wind out of the north...  at 30 mph gusting to 50.  We only played 11 holes before my wife called "UNCLE".  If she didn't, I was going to.

The wind knocked down some tree limbs around the course, and took out a tree by our practice area.  It used to provide nice shade in the 100º+ days of summer.  No more...

IMG_1001.jpg.206d68ccec1867499b7b84eaf3a1b388.jpg

Check out my bag.  Sylvester was very surprised!!

Sunday was much better, but cooler 42º, but wind only 10-15 mph. The sun came out, so it was bearable.  I did have the longest drive that I have had on our #6 par 5 hole in quite awhile, and it wasn't all tailwind!!  Wind was right to left.  It was one of those drives that you hardly feel, and I'm chalking that one up to the SuperSpeed Golf training.

I was +3 on the front 9 that included a double on the par 5 #9 hole.  I did have a birdie on our par 4 #3 hole, our #1 handicap hole.  My second shot just barely carried over the pond to the rough short and left of a pot bunker.  I pitched onto the green, hit one of my playing partner's ball, and my ball went in the cup!!  I guess in pool, that would be a "scratch".  No luck on the back nine with 7 bogeys for a round of 82.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

19 hours ago, Kenny B said:

The wind knocked down some tree limbs around the course, and took out a tree by our practice area.  It used to provide nice shade in the 100º+ days of summer.  No more...

What a bummer. I hate to see nice large trees destroyed like that. It all turned around for you on Sunday. Nice ricochet bird! I chipped one in on #4 Monday for bird. The next hole a buddy did the same. I haven't chipped in - in months. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

We have a 3 foursome tournament best 3 scores per hole format. Not sure what it’s called. But our foursome ended up winning today. Me and another guy shot our numbers him a couple strokes lower. But the wind was killer today I hit a 200 club 167, wind directly at the face. Missed a lot of greens short but my up and down game was shockingly good. I’m talking pro like. Flops, low spinners, runners you name it the hands were ever so soft. 

Wow it was cold and windy today at my new track.

like 43°, but the wind was like 30+ mph and made it dayum cold. Anyways, shot a 78 and I’m quite happy with that considering everything. We’ll go again tomorrow and see how it goes...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Little windy for the first after work Wednesday 9 hole. 2pars 2birds and 5bogeys yikes. TS2 dropping BOMBS again, I love this driver. Played a ProV1x the past two rounds and I love how high the ball goes, but I'm not used to the (seemingly) low spin. That's the only explanation that I can think of for the extra distance in my irons.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Today was both my best day and most humorous on the golf course since returning to the mainland. I’ll try to give ya the Reader’s Digest version.

I have rental property in Savannah, Georgia. Being on the big rock in the pacific for three years I haven’t had a chance to check on my property in a long time. This morning I got up then loaded Barkley (olde English bulldogge) in the back seat for the 200 mile drive down Highway 17 from Myrtle Beach to Savannah. Given the fact my clubs were in the trunk I decided to stop in Charleston for a quick 18 holes.

The venue of choice was the Wild Dunes Links Course on the Isle of Palms in Charleston South Carolina. If you have never been (first for me) I highly recommend it. The layout is challenging but fair and the greens were some of the best I’ve seen.

As I pulled up to the parking lot I immediately notice it was void of cars and I really didn’t see any Golfers moving about. It was so barren I believed the course to be closed. However I chanced the stroll down the green mile to the Pro Shop. I was super excited to learn the course was not closed for I figured I’d have the place to myself. Boy was I wrong! Evidently the members who play on Thursday mornings all drive their own golf carts to the course thus the reason for the empty parking lot.

The pro shop shuffled me to the first tee where I met up with an incredibly pleasant “ambassador”. He gave me a nice overview of the course then sent me on my way.

No warm up, no putting, no balls on the range, no “breakfast ball” I simply tee’d it up and away I went. As a single I knew I had to be patient with the groups ahead of me. I did have to wait on every shot but only because I was playing alone. The pace of play was very acceptable coming in at under at 1 hour 45 mins for the front 9. I was definitely the tail end of the morning group. Although I waited on every shot I never saw anyone behind me.

I played extremely well on the front 9 coming in at -2 with no bogeys. During my play I did chuckle at the groups ahead who obviously felt the rules (cart path only, 90 degree rules, no closer than....to the green in a cart) did not apply to “members”. I was a guest so who am I to complain about how members treat their own course. It was just a one shot; one kill day for me so no worries on my end.

At the turn I chanced a big risk by taking a detour to the parking lot to retrieve Barkley. I figured I give the guys in front some clearance and because no one was behind me the two of us could enjoy the ride. Mind you I did ask the Ambassador first who did give me his blessing before Barkley jumped in for the adventure. We made it to number 15 before I saw the same Ambassador coming towards me with a big smile on his face. Evidently one of the members complained about my dog being on the course. 15 took me right back by the parking lot so again no worries, dropped him off then I was on my way again. I was not bothered in the least. Nothing ventured nothing gained......Barkley enjoyed his 5 holes.

Now it didn’t get funny until I returned my cart to the cart barn at the completion of my 69!!!!! The member who complained decided he needed to let me know just how he felt about my dog being on the course. I listened intently and apologized stating, “I meant no disrespect to this wonderful course”.

Maybe he had a terrible round or maybe his wife gave him a rash of $&@ prior to leaving for the course but for some reason he just wouldn’t let it go. I think my casual and apologetic attitude gave him the impression I was intimidated or at least passive.

Never judge a book by its cover because I went from calm, cool and collected to 99 degrees hot in a matter of seconds. Before I realized what I was doing I had scooped this gentleman up and turned him upside down head first into the trash bin the cart guys were using to clean the carts.

Everyone was in shock as this guy stood up wearing that grey trash can like a rain cap. I looked around at the many faces of those observing; some had the look of extreme shock while others were falling all over themselves with laughter. Regardless of the reaction not a single person said a word to me as I walked quietly towards my car. It was a good thing my back was to them because I was fighting back the tears of laughter.

The funniest part of this entire story is I was in such a rush to leave to scene of the crime I actually left my bag in the cart!!!!! lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

40 minutes ago, SteddyGolf said:

Today was both my best day and most humorous on the golf course since returning to the mainland. I’ll try to give ya the Reader’s Digest version.

I have rental property in Savannah, Georgia. Being on the big rock in the pacific for three years I haven’t had a chance to check on my property in a long time. This morning I got up then loaded Barkley (olde English bulldogge) in the back seat for the 200 mile drive down Highway 17 from Myrtle Beach to Savannah. Given the fact my clubs were in the trunk I decided to stop in Charleston for a quick 18 holes.

The venue of choice was the Wild Dunes Links Course on the Isle of Palms in Charleston South Carolina. If you have never been (first for me) I highly recommend it. The layout is challenging but fair and the greens were some of the best I’ve seen.

As I pulled up to the parking lot I immediately notice it was void of cars and I really didn’t see any Golfers moving about. It was so barren I believed the course to be closed. However I chanced the stroll down the green mile to the Pro Shop. I was super excited to learn the course was not closed for I figured I’d have the place to myself. Boy was I wrong! Evidently the members who play on Thursday mornings all drive their own golf carts to the course thus the reason for the empty parking lot.

The pro shop shuffled me to the first tee where I met up with an incredibly pleasant “ambassador”. He gave me a nice overview of the course then sent me on my way.

No warm up, no putting, no balls on the range, no “breakfast ball” I simply tee’d it up and away I went. As a single I knew I had to be patient with the groups ahead of me. I did have to wait on every shot but only because I was playing alone. The pace of play was very acceptable coming in at under at 1 hour 45 mins for the front 9. I was definitely the tail end of the morning group. Although I waited on every shot I never saw anyone behind me.

I played extremely well on the front 9 coming in at -2 with no bogeys. During my play I did chuckle at the groups ahead who obviously felt the rules (cart path only, 90 degree rules, no closer than....to the green in a cart) did not apply to “members”. I was a guest so who am I to complain about how members treat their own course. It was just a one shot; one kill day for me so no worries on my end.

At the turn I chanced a big risk by taking a detour to the parking lot to retrieve Barkley. I figured I give the guys in front some clearance and because no one was behind me the two of us could enjoy the ride. Mind you I did ask the Ambassador first who did give me his blessing before Barkley jumped in for the adventure. We made it to number 15 before I saw the same Ambassador coming towards me with a big smile on his face. Evidently one of the members complained about my dog being on the course. 15 took me right back by the parking lot so again no worries, dropped him off then I was on my way again. I was not bothered in the least. Nothing ventured nothing gained......Barkley enjoyed his 5 holes.

Now it didn’t get funny until I returned my cart to the cart barn at the completion of my 69!!!!! The member who complained decided he needed to let me know just how he felt about my dog being on the course. I listened intently and apologized stating, “I meant no disrespect to this wonderful course”.

Maybe he had a terrible round or maybe his wife gave him a rash of $&@ prior to leaving for the course but for some reason he just wouldn’t let it go. I think my casual and apologetic attitude gave him the impression I was intimidated or at least passive.

Never judge a book by its cover because I went from calm, cool and collected to 99 degrees hot in a matter of seconds. Before I realized what I was doing I had scooped this gentleman up and turned him upside down head first into the trash bin the cart guys were using to clean the carts.

Everyone was in shock as this guy stood up wearing that grey trash can like a rain cap. I looked around at the many faces of those observing; some had the look of extreme shock while others were falling all over themselves with laughter. Regardless of the reaction not a single person said a word to me as I walked quietly towards my car. It was a good thing my back was to them because I was fighting back the tears of laughter.

The funniest part of this entire story is I was in such a rush to leave to scene of the crime I actually left my bag in the cart!!!!! lol.

For those of us who wish we could have seen that...THANK-YOU! LMAO!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Holy Cow! I'm actually laughing out loud.

Sent from my VS988 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Ping G410 LST 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F3 60X

Callaway X2 Hot 2 Deep 12.5* 

Adams XTD LSP 23* hybrid Aldila rogue black 85X

Nike VR Pro II Blades 5-PW w/ Modus 120X

Nike Wedges

PXG Putter

Starting to figure out my new track, and it was nice today with no wind at all. Shot a 2 over 73. There is one par 3 that’s 210 uphill, and I’m always short on it, and today I even hit my 3-wood and still came up 2 feet short!  That’s a tough par 3!

today was a blue flag to make it worse yet, so I had about a 60’ putt up. So I whacked it up there and hit the cup, and slowed it way down, leaving me an easy comeback for the par.

F593E44A-DC8A-4C23-97F6-0890F29FC49D.thumb.jpeg.eeb84052742dcb8e2d86a4917a24d325.jpeg

almost slam dunked this approach with my gap wedge, but made the putt and my only birds of the day.1BC317E3-288B-4CFA-A85B-20015708C7BF.jpeg.7e93afeb7093fc288b23da2589162327.jpeg

heres the 18th, sun was zapping me on the approach but I made it. Whew...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Overcast in the low 70’s warming to 79* today. Decided to try an experiment. Played my PowerBilt set today as follows: Air Force One Driver, 3W, 5W, 3H, 4-SW with Apollo graphite shafts. Topped off with my SC Kombi. These clubs have been in my garage for about 8 years unused. I regripped them with Lamkins about 2 years ago but did not play them. My driver has a Winn grip that pretty much fell apart in my hands, but boy howdy could I hit it. 10 - 15 yards farther than my Cobra F8......isn’t that amazing? The irons are standard lie, and I need 2* Flat so I choked up about an inch to hit them....Three approach shots landed inside 3’ of the Pin. Prob won’t keep playing them but it was fun today. Think I’ll regrip the Driver and try them tomorrow. BTW, I shot a 42/45:87.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

40 degrees today but no wind so could play in a compression top and jumper.

Hit the ball pretty well but still shot 82...........my short game is pretty poor this time of year.

Spoke to the pro and signed up for 6 lessons as he is a Driver and wedge expert and hits the ball like I can only dream of 😏

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

42 40

Today felt REALLY good! I had a 366 yard drive and a couple other 300+ yard drives today.

The new iron set up is working beautifully. Just need to dial in the distances a bit more.

Had an amazingly beautiful flop shot over 3 pine trees and stuck it on the green to save par. A lot of luck involved on that one!

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Today was my first day playing since mid October. It wasn’t pretty. Somehow I’ve developed a monster draw/hook. I’ve always been a fade player and now don’t know what to do. Hopefully it was some fluke because tomorrow I have an actual game.

CobraConnectChallenge3

The club had a 2 hour frost delay today.  My wife and I had a 10am tee time, but they started everyone at 10:30 with a shotgun, so we didn't have to wait.  Started on #7.  I drove the ball really well until we got back to #1, then missed 3 of the last 5 fairways.  Only one birdie... on #2.  Shot 78 that included a double bogey and bogey on our last two holes... both par 5's.  UGH!!!

2nd round with the old PowerBilt Air Force Ones.......41/43:84. Feeling pretty good, playing older sticks with no Arccoss, just a Laser and my feel.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

+1 for 9 on our little TFT executive course. Beautiful day, but it was a wet, sloppy mess. I was pretty wild, but my short game was filthy today. 4 of those five pars were up-n-downs. Should have been even, but a putt hit the flag and lipped out. 

Played the last three holes with a guy wearing two gloves and another in shorts and a hoodie pulled tight over his head. Muni golf is the best. 

Screenshot_20190106-000704.jpg

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

One round dosen't define a trend, but I think I may be coming out of my putting hell hole 

dancing-guy-smiley-emoticon.gif

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Played today - course was ridiculously wet for December. Weather was spectacular. After a brief discussion our group determined that we would leave the pin in. I will say that it didn’t take long to get used to it. I can’t say for certain but there’s a chance that I got big help from it and n my birdie putt on 18. Also I had great pace on my long putts all day. I attribute that to always having the pin it. Sometimes in the past I would forgo the tend - being able to see makes a big difference.

Oh yeah, shot 76.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

17 minutes ago, revkev said:

Played today - course was ridiculously wet for December.

You know it is January 🙂

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

You know it is January

Oops - that’s what happens when i take a week off! :)

That also makes it worse - it normally gets drier and drier here from November until lat April.

BTW my Streamsong round got rained out.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Got out today in 43 degrees after a day of rain. Sloppy wet mess, temporary greens in fairways but I was the only guy out there. I played 3 balls and here are my takeaways: ball compression doesn’t matter in cold weather and making all my wedges 36 inches long was a really good decision for me.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Woo-hoo!!! We finally got some sun today, and it hit 70*, so I drove 45 min to go play 9 on a course that drains exceptionally well, Black Bear Golf Course in Delhi, LA. I shot 39 with one birdie. Putting held me back from 2 others... Mostly finding the line was the issue. I hit the GMax twice over 270 into the wind, so that was fun!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

IMG_1059.JPG

Played pretty good today. Had almost everything working. Hit my SW super fat on 9 and lipped out the bogey putt to break 40.

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

After a good day yesterday, today was miserable.  One birdie and 3 pars for 11 holes.  Although it was 44º, the wind just  made it cold.  I never got warm, and the swing wasn't there.  My wife's hip started hurting and she cried "uncle", so we left the other couple we were playing with because the 11th green is next to the parking lot.  Once you cross the street to the 12th tee, the course runs away from the clubhouse and you are committed to finish the back nine.

Tomorrow is my walking day with guys at the club; same temp and wind but  it will be warmer walking instead of riding.

6 hours ago, Kenny B said:

After a good day yesterday, today was miserable.  One birdie and 3 pars for 11 holes.  Although it was 44º, the wind just  made it cold.  I never got warm, and the swing wasn't there.  My wife's hip started hurting and she cried "uncle", so we left the other couple we were playing with because the 11th green is next to the parking lot.  Once you cross the street to the 12th tee, the course runs away from the clubhouse and you are committed to finish the back nine.

Tomorrow is my walking day with guys at the club; same temp and wind but  it will be warmer walking instead of riding.

when I get cold in the wind I try and run up a couple of our smaller hills while pushing my clubs- warms me up for the next few holes.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Went out Sunday afternoon solo and met up with another member who moved to Tampa from Colorado. Still gaming the PowerBilts so I experimented with different shots. Pulled the irons all day. Shot a 47/47:94 with 2 balls in the water. Putted with Pin in for long putts. Tried 2 PB drivers and the PB AFO WMD won! It was 5 to 10 yards longer with medium flight. May try a mixed bag tomorrow, PB woods and Cobra irons.

Back to my usual self rocking a 103 on Sunday in a sloppy wet mess, but it was a gorgeous day. I didn't have time to warm up and just never really found my iron swing. I was first off with 3 other guys, two of which started sipping SoCo at 8am..by the 18th it had become an...interesting round at best...

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19