TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

I was content with my round yesterday, 43/39:82. The round included a quad and a double so all in all it wasn’t that bad. Those bad holes were the result of me trying to get a little extra out if a few iron shots.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'm still looking at my clubs and waiting for spring. Tried calling a bunch of courses but all have closed up. I used to love Arizona and year round golf. Now having an offseason is really starting to get to me, especially when you get 2-3 days of 50 degree temperatures but the courses have been closed for a month and change.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

3 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

when I get cold in the wind I try and run up a couple of our smaller hills while pushing my clubs- warms me up for the next few holes.

I don't run... uphill or otherwise.  I stay much warmer walking, but my wife has a bad knee and hip right now... so we ride.  I do it just so we can have conversations, but I'm thinking I will start walking when she plays.

It's going to be 40º again today and windy, but when I play with the guys I always walk.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Today was my first day playing since mid October. It wasn’t pretty. Somehow I’ve developed a monster draw/hook. I’ve always been a fade player and now don’t know what to do. Hopefully it was some fluke because tomorrow I have an actual game.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Update on the game yesterday. I hooked it all day, then on the 17th tee box I asked my group what the hell am I doing. Two of the guys play fades all day every day, they were no help. The other guy plays a draw, he said “For me, when I start hooking I’m finishing flat, try to finish higher.” The next two drives where without a doubt the best drives of the day by far. When we finished I asked why he didn’t give me the advise earlier, he said “You didn’t ask, so I assumed you didn’t want any.” Point is it’s fixed the hooks, for now. And that’s why I like playing with those guys, they don’t offer unsolicited advise!!

CobraConnectChallenge3

3 hours ago, robertson153 said:

Update on the game yesterday. I hooked it all day, then on the 17th tee box I asked my group what the hell am I doing. Two of the guys play fades all day every day, they were no help. The other guy plays a draw, he said “For me, when I start hooking I’m finishing flat, try to finish higher.” The next two drives where without a doubt the best drives of the day by far. When we finished I asked why he didn’t give me the advise earlier, he said “You didn’t ask, so I assumed you didn’t want any.” Point is it’s fixed the hooks, for now. And that’s why I like playing with those guys, they don’t offer unsolicited advise!!

I agree about the advice! 

I wasn't so lucky today.  My regular group today was short a person because one guy didn't want to play in the cold and wind.  The pro shop put a single with us.  I'm guessing he was a 20-something handicap by the way he played.  No offense to 20-something handicappers; I have enjoyed playing with many over the years.  I hit a bad tee shot on #2, so he starts to tell me what I did wrong, how to play my next shot, then again on the #3 tee box he proceeds too tell me how to play the hole.  I play that hole an average of 4 times a week for the past 3 years; I know how to play it.  I played only 9 holes, and I was mostly trying to play anywhere on the hole where he wasn't.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Limped home to an 88 on Sunday and my handicap keeps trending higher as I kick out good scores from summer. I am finally trying to address my flipping & leaning back tendency on my downswing that leads to epic, hole-killing hooks, and the results just haven't been there yet.

Early in the round my newer swing thoughts are working, but my setup/positioning is bad, for example I pured my 7 iron approach on the first hole but instead of my normal pronounced draw, this one started right of the target and just eased back a bit. A great ball flight that I would be ecstatic to use consistently, but missed the green because I aimed there, not trusting the new swing yet (and didn't get up & down). Then as the round goes on old tendencies come up and I start missing left again. #dreadedtwowaymiss

GHIN has moved up from 5.7 this summer to trending 8.6. I need to fix this issue in 2019 because once I have kids the number of rounds I play will be dropping substantially and I'll have no hope, but man is it frustrating in the meantime...

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

On 12/19/2018 at 10:29 PM, Rickp said:

Had Doc appt and I’m shut down. MRI on shoulder showed 2 big problems and both need to be addressed by surgery.
So for a while I’m living thru you guys so please knock the emoji90.png otta the ball. emoji106.png
As a former governor/actor one said “I’ll be back”emoji16.png

Good luck with the surgery (hopefully not surgerIES...)!!

And do *ALL* the PT after! Hopefully you're well aware, but rushing to do too much too soon will leave you worse off (as I've learned first-hand .. and you cannot go back and re-do the surgery and start over!).

Work on your putting with the good arm and that's it!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Got the first 9-hole round of 2019 in yesterday; wife and I were down in Florida for a long weekend (attended a 2-day clinic given by Teresa and Sue of Nancy Lopez Golf Adventures; off-topic but VERY HIGHLY recommended - especially for couples, eg. guys who want to get their wives some non-competitive/non-threatening yet super-high quality instruction). I'm feeling like this season is going to be a year of really good golfing progress!

So even playing with basic rental clubs (Strata) I was hitting fairways and hitting most of my second and approach shots decently. Not awesome but all playable. Very few wasted shots. One fairway missed was a 6i into a dogleg right that I didn't hit "fully" and it faded a bit and brushed the tree on the inside of the dogleg and fell under it. Only other missed fairway was with driver - into the morning sun and all carry across water on a dogleg left- and I just i-dunno-what with the first shot and pulled it low-left right into the drink.... Re-tee'ed shot was not spot-on but pretty darn good into the fairway across the water. 

Had a few other solid driver tee shots so feeling good about playing that club this season.

The two Par 3s I hit straight online but short both times.

Chipping around the greens was ok; the rental set had a 56 vs the 54 or 58 I carry. 

Putting was decent but distance control on the first putts was not great. Can't really blame that one on the rental clubs, though!

Overall looking forward to happy - and successful - golfing this year!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Shot a 39/44:83 today using my garage stored 10 year old PowerBilt Air Force Ones, remember the ones that were nitrogen filled instead of using internal supports. I was “getting away” from 8 months of Arccos tech just to clear my head and Wow! They still have the punch. I putted horrible, having a 30’ shot at Eagle on a Par 5, ending with a Par. Missed three shots at Birdie, settling for Par or Bogey.

That said, I set up the old clubs with Arccos 360 sensors tonight and will play them for a month to see what happens.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

3 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Shot a 39/44:83 today using my garage stored 10 year old PowerBilt Air Force Ones, remember the ones that were nitrogen filled instead of using internal supports. I was “getting away” from 8 months of Arccos tech just to clear my head and Wow! They still have the punch. I putted horrible, having a 30’ shot at Eagle on a Par 5, ending with a Par. Missed three shots at Birdie, settling for Par or Bogey.

That said, I set up the old clubs with Arccos 360 sensors tonight and will play them for a month to see what happens.

Hey Foz, how do you decide whether tp play the PowerBilt, Cobra, or Triton?  Is it a mood thing, or do you change because one or the other isn't cooperating at the moment?

Hey Foz, how do you decide whether tp play the PowerBilt, Cobra, or Triton?  Is it a mood thing, or do you change because one or the other isn't cooperating at the moment?

Thanks Kenny, as you know I was into the Cobra Challenge all Summer then continued thru the Fall. I wanted to get off the tech thing for a bit, so I decided to hit the PB’s. Now that I hit them for a weekend I paired them with Arccos to get some stats. BTW, I am smoking the driver.

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8’s from Cobra

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Post rain slop game. 11 over 82. Ick!

but oddly, I’m hitting the ball pretty well. Had a few get away from me today... meh

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Played for my Cousin's birthday today. Pouring rain and 10-15 mph winds. Conditions were shitty at best but it sure as hell beat working.

I ended up shooting 45 42. No great, but was pleasantly surprised at my end score because I felt like I was playing much worse. We walked the first 9 holes but once we got to 9 the rain came on full force. So we opted for a cart on the back.

My cousin ended up shooting 55 44.

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

14 minutes ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

Played for my Cousin's birthday today. Pouring rain and 10-15 mph winds. Conditions were shitty at best but it sure as hell beat working.

I ended up shooting 45 42. No great, but was pleasantly surprised at my end score because I felt like I was playing much worse. We walked the first 9 holes but once we got to 9 the rain came on full force. So we opted for a cart on the back.

My cousin ended up shooting 55 44.

My BIL lives in Seattle and he says you play in the rain or you don't play much.  Glad I'm on the dry side.  Rained last night, but nice today; maybe a little sprinkle tonight but no rain for the next week.  And THEN I'm off to Phoenix!!!!!

My BIL lives in Seattle and he says you play in the rain or you don't play much.  Glad I'm on the dry side.  Rained last night, but nice today; maybe a little sprinkle tonight but no rain for the next week.  And THEN I'm off to Phoenix!!!!!

It’s the truth! Weather showed just some light rain sporadically but we ended up getting steady rain for a while.

Weekend is mid 50s and sunny though!

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Good luck with the surgery (hopefully not surgerIES...)!!
And do *ALL* the PT after! Hopefully you're well aware, but rushing to do too much too soon will leave you worse off (as I've learned first-hand .. and you cannot go back and re-do the surgery and start over!).
Work on your putting with the good arm and that's it!

Thanks, I’m being really patient which is not a trait of mine. Surgery February 4th and then PT. Doc told me to please LISTEN to the Post Op. I’ll do that cause the War Dept is on my case.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Yay, hit the ball well today, but I was pulling them about 20 feet left, but still onto the greens mostly, and if I missed, I was getting up and down.

shot a +3 , so it wasn’t a perfect round, but no complaints. Hit some really good shots, and some good recovery shots following a not so good shot.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Got to play up here in Indiana on Sunday while it was around 45*.  Recently sold my driver and haven't gotten my new TS3 yet, so hit my 2 hybrid (my longest club) off the tee.  Luckily only the whites were playable, so it was around 6100 yards.  Working on a couple small changes to my swing and they are really paying off as I shot a 74 with some wind and greens that were very bumpy due to conditions.  Very pleased and excited to get out for more throughout the year!

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Played a quick 9 this afternoon. Sunny, 54°, couldn’t help myself. Ground is an absolute big right now after a week straight of rain.

Shot 45. Had only one triple on a par 5. This round got me to 54 holes since last Saturday. Hoping to play 18 after my lesson tomorrow and then again Sunday with a buddy.

70 at Bethpage from the tips and a 71 at Pebble today. It was indoors but will take it considering it is 12* out right now.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

A bookend set of 42's Thursday at Desert Hills. Our two threesomes joined up at #17 as we were the last groups for the day.  We had an impromptu $1 kitty closest to the pin on this 160 yard, over the lake par 3.  My shot was all over the flag like white on rice, and closest by a yardstick... but just rolled onto the apron the diameter of the ball 🤬.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

48* today, windy and light drizzle. Played the best I've played for the last 7 months. Only missed 4 fairways, but missed 8 greens in regulation. Long game was great, wedges were better than previously and I put it down to the video on hip kickers I posted a few days ago.

Shot 75 which I'll take for winter golf.

Just need to keep working on the drills in the video.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

9 holes at a course in Carnation. Little cheap course with little traffic and a fun set up. Shot 2 over. Hit ever fairway and green in reg. Missed some putts.

Bookend 41's at Mesa Del Sol. My putting slump is, I pray, behind me. 😇

Shot a 40/47:87 yesterday and a 45/42:87 today........btw, the weather was Sunny and 76*

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

44 46

Left a lot to be desired today. This round completed 81 holes of golf since last Saturday 1/5. But couldn’t argue the sun and 58° considering half the country is under snow.

This week has been pretty miserable weather wise.  Temps in the low 30's with a little breeze; sprinkles and a dusting of snow in parts of town on Monday, so my walking buddies didn't want to play.  Today was much better; still under 40º but no wind and a little sun.  My buddies called and wanted to play 9 holes.

I drove the ball well... for me.  Shot +1 on our front nine which is a par 37.  I bogeyed #3 and #6, but had a tap-in birdie on the 550 yard par 5 #5 hole.  

It was an interesting round.  I forgot my GPS unit, so I just played the holes using my course knowledge and had good guesses on numbers into the greens.  Hit 5 of 9 greens; should have hit 6 greens except I grabbed an 8i when I thought I had grabbed 6i. 

A local squirrel eater...

eagle.thumb.jpg.bb276103e3887b75b4fb8d2cd57f399b.jpg

42/38 at Desert Hills. We played behind a group that included a couple of local teaching pros.  It was fun watching them hit from the back tees and the sound of drives that have that distinct sizzle sound.