TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

First 18 of the season today, but it's not golf yet. Too many lost balls to plugging. I had one bird, a chip in, and nothing worse than bogey. That's a solid start for a 5 month layoff

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Played Arcadia Municipal today.  One of the better courses for me to play.  Something like 5800 yards and WIDE open.  @fozcycle and @MattF will probably have a hard time believing it after Friday's debacle, but pulled off a 91, with FIVE 3 putts and only 1 penalty (We won't talk about the quad on a 160 yard par 3.)

Pulled off two birdies on par 5's.  I hadn't had a birdie in who knows how long.  Smoked a drive on 13 (only about 475 par 5, probably playing 460), left about 190.  Rolled a 5 iron onto the green and left about 10 feet.  Missed the eagle putt by about 3 inches.

Pushed my drive a little left on 15 (490 par 5), hit a solid 3h just short and right of the green.  Went a little long on the chip and ran it across the green one onto the fringe, then rolled it in through a foot of fringe about 6 feet down a little slope for 4.

Played my Ping i20's with stiff CFS shafts today, and I think they may stay in the bag for awhile.  Did a lot more chipping around the green with my 9 iron, and that really helped as well.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I was able to sneak away for 9 holes on Saturday.  I had to find a babysitter while my wife was working and they only had a couple hours so hence I only played 9.

One of the best days we've had so far, about 55* sunny and little to no wind.  I struck the ball pretty well, but could not putt to save my life.  With the greens being longer and not rolling that smooth, I had a lot of difficulty getting the speed right.  The only tees available were the white, so it only played 3200 yards.  I was able to hit both par 5's in two, but only came away with one birdie.  As you can see below I hit the ball well and hit a lot of greens, but putted atrociously.  I'm trying not to get down because much of that was because I did not hit any practice putts and the green speed was different from hole to hole with plenty of bumps along the way.

Stats

Round score - 37

Fairways - 3/7 (2 additional just off fairway and no tee shot hurt me)

Greens - 8/9

Putts - 20!!!! (Two 3 putts and the rest 2 putts)

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Shot 37 on the front Saturday, then turned a 44 on the back with three tee balls OB...smh.  Took my oldest daughter out for 9 yesterday and shot a 40, putts wouldn't fall.

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

Been a while since posting into this but here we go:

Have struggled getting consistency out of the driver. I went to the range yesterday to fix it. Realized I was standing too close and swinging around my body instead of through the ball. Seemed to help yesterday.

I was shooting 96, 94, 104, 105 over the last 4 rounds. Very frustrating but can’t shoot best rounds all the time!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

On 3/23/2019 at 9:38 PM, perseveringgolfer said:

after 2 great lessons 4 weeks ago, and never hitting a ball since then, expectations were high. Played badly, really badly, pulls, thins, fats, heels etc. It's as if I've gone backwards. quick chat with the pro afterwards and he said you need to practice what I showed you before another lesson- wise words.

Feel quite down about my game after today, will get some practice in this week as the forecast is dry.

This game just rips the guts out you one day then brilliant the next. 

Consistency and playing more is key.

anyone else experienced this kind of slump when you know you can play great one day then like a novice the next?

didnt play today- just had to go to the clubs range to work this sh*t out🙄

I watched a Molinari session on SKY this morning where he talked about the chest movement is key- for him. I incorporated that into what my pro has told me to do (right hip needs to rotate on downswing first) and the results were quite exceptional....for me. Crisp irons with a slight draw, sweetspot driver with a slightly bigger draw. couple of mis-hits but that's expected when trying to fix something.

I'm a firm believer in a swing thought that works for you and my pro's thought of rotating the right hip outwards doesnt work for me, moving the left knee away from the right knee to start the downswing did though, and I'd like to think that had the same effect as right hip rotation but easier for my head to get around it.

anyway, all is well with the 'golfing' world again....

until next time 😂

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Finally got my scramble group out for the first time this season despite the rainy, soggy conditions to start. Turned out nice enough after the first 9 to ditch the jackets after it stopped.

So we played a team best-ball, match-play where each of us duffs was paired with our better player at random for 6-holes each and the individual winner would be the one with the most points. This included "bonus" skins for long drive on par 5's and closest to the pin (must be on the green to count). Our better player hit from the tips, myself and his dad hit from the whites and my Niece played from the lady's tees. This format, out of all the ones we've tinkered with seems to be the most fair for all of us.

No surprise that our better player won, but was on his tail and only lost the match by 1. Had one of those stupid days where I was comfortable on the practice range & green and couldn't get out of my own way during play... I did sink the only bird of the day though. A 25-footer that was super sweet to see go in

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

On an interesting note, leaving the pin in cost me one stroke today. I didn't notice the pin was leaning slightly on a three footer on No. 7. Hit a nice putt that would have dropped in the right side. Instead, it brushed the pin and lipped out two inches past the hole. 

Same thing happened to me on Saturday.....the pin was leaning slightly forward and I had a 2 footer uphill for par. I hit the pin and it bounced back and stopped within 1” of the hole. Had it gone in, I would have shot a 79.....Bummer!

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8’s from Cobra

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

1 minute ago, fozcycle said:

Same thing happened to me on Saturday.....the pin was leaning slightly forward and I had a 2 footer uphill for par. I hit the pin and it bounced back and stopped within 1” of the hole. Had it gone in, I would have shot a 79.....Bummer!

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8’s from Cobra

Here in Yuma with our groups, you would have shot a 79.  If the consensus is that the pin was at fault, no loss of stroke. 😃👍

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

10 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Here in Yuma with our groups, you would have shot a 79.  If the consensus is that the pin was at fault, no loss of stroke. 😃👍

generous group 🤔

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

19 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

... Wow, that really is a bummer. 79 would have been sweet. 👍 I remove the flag if there is any doubt about it leaning or when the flag shadow interferes with my line. In about 80 rounds I have played here in Phoenix I have only seen the flag effect 4 shots out of approx 10,000  putts. 2 were traveling a little too fast but hit dead center and dropped, hard to say if either would have dropped without the pin but I think most likely not. One was moving way too fast and hit dead center but bounced back about 6 inches. The other was also moving too fast and hit the side of the pin and bounced off. Both players swore the pin cost them a stroke but clearly both were traveling too fast to have been holed with the flag out. 

Edited by chisag

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

On 3/23/2019 at 5:38 PM, perseveringgolfer said:

anyone else experienced this kind of slump when you know you can play great one day then like a novice the next?

I don't have to wait a day for that to happen.  It happens in the same round for me 😂😂

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Another day where the score was not a real good example of my ball striking. I shot a 54 for 9 on a course that just opened after the winter snows. Many little twigs and old leaves on and around the greens. And the fairways and rough were like hitting off of a wet sponge. My tee game and approach shots were coming off the club like butter. The rest of the game really showed slot of rust from the long lay off. Took many positives from this round. And ball striking in general was superb 

Keep it in the short stuff

On 3/25/2019 at 6:14 PM, fixyurdivot said:

🙄

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Back to playing ful time after hand surgeries and broken thumb.  Thumb isstil in healing mode but very playable. Stil la bit of scar tisue pain if I play too much.

Started posting bogey +/- a stroke but sligt improvement and posting 2 or 3 better han bogey last few 9s

The good- Chipping has been great as was al I could do for months. Went back to my old ways of getting ball on turf as quick as posible. Had numerous liip outs and 1 chip in. 

Puttung not great. At least one 3 putt per 9 if not 2.

Irons have been good with shorts irons especially good. Accuracy better each round and distances are getting more consistent as my hands get stronger and normal clubbing is almost back. 

Tee box has been horrendous. Costing me strokes every round. Pathetic!  

Just need  reps.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Good nine, bad nine today....40/46:86 with two birdies, Par 3 and Par 5.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

22 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Good nine, bad nine today....40/46:86 

hate it when that happens ... worse is the dreaded 10 stroke difference between 9s  😣

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

I have been reading posts about some good golf happening in shaking off winter. But I want to vent about a super frustrating round. I did finish but felt like the course and I had a fight. I set a new record for me with the most lost balls in one round. It felt like I conquered the course into submission when I finished with a found ball still left in my possession. My penalties included 4 in the water and 4 OB that couldn't be found, plus my 8 sand shots felt like cruel jokes. Ended up laughing at myself much of the time while my playing partners watched in disbelief commenting that you couldn't make up a round like that. Came back with a round yesterday (2 days later) that still included 3 lost water balls but knocked 10 strokes off my score. It was a lot more fun.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

@artful_golfer I don't know whether I should like your post or be sad. Sounds like my last 3 rounds.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Good nine, bad nine today....40/46:86 with two birdies, Par 3 and Par 5.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

That sounds like my entire 2018!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

12 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

I have been reading posts about some good golf happening in shaking off winter. But I want to vent about a super frustrating round. I did finish but felt like the course and I had a fight. I set a new record for me with the most lost balls in one round. It felt like I conquered the course into submission when I finished with a found ball still left in my possession. My penalties included 4 in the water and 4 OB that couldn't be found, plus my 8 sand shots felt like cruel jokes. Ended up laughing at myself much of the time while my playing partners watched in disbelief commenting that you couldn't make up a round like that. Came back with a round yesterday (2 days later) that still included 3 lost water balls but knocked 10 strokes off my score. It was a lot more fun.

... I accomplished this in just one hole. #9 at Aguila plays uphill off the tee unless you hit a big drive to the top of the hill. A huge drive can clear the top or even catch the downslope on the other side and roll to the bottom of the hill, something I had yet to do. We had a 10 mph wind at our back and I just caught one dead center hitting a 326yd drive, a good 50yds past normal. Unfortunately the pin was up front with and with that 10mph tail wind and  a hard fairway and green meant I had to land short and hope for a good hop. Lofted a 58* high and landed just short of the green. Instead of a good hop, the ball landed on the side of a sprinkler head and took a hard right bounce over the bunker and into the water. Now I have a pitch over a bunker to a pin tucked close and a hard green with zero chance of stopping the ball. Threw a lob 20 feet past the hole and just missed the putt for a 6. 

... I hit 2 shots just about perfectly, on one of the hardest holes and instead of a legit birdie chance, I walked away with a double bogie. Golf can be very humbling. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I was going to click like @chisagbut that seems as cruel as getting a bizarre rub of the green that you got.  But, I did enjoy the story as it just goes to show that no matter how well you play, there are things that you have zero control over.

Was playing pretty solid today at 1 over par through 5 when the storm came in and sent us scrambling for the bar.  Rain and hail, then cleared later, but seems as everyone else had a few too many beers and didn't want to go back out.  The one bogey was a missed short putt (4 foot) that broke harder than I played for.  Pretty pleased with the ball striking today.

Played 27 today. First 9 was wet and shot a horrendous 47. Put the driver away after tee shot on 6 and settled down.  Hit 3w and5w the rest of the wy. 42 then another 42.  Greens were plugged and sanded yesterday so not ideal. 

Looking forward to a round with no.doubles on the card.

I did birdie #1 handicap hole. 3w and 8i to 2 feet.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

First three rounds are in the books.  I only planned on playing twice but went to the gym and found out I left my clothes at home. By then I said eh let me just go play golf.

First round of the year was with sopping wet fairways and 20 mile per hour winds. 2nd round was much nicer weather but still really cool. Both rounds I was hitting 2-3 clubs shorter than usual. The latest round I was back to normal.

Id have to add up the first 2 rounds but shot 98, 97, and 49. The 49 was after starting with two sevens and 3 jacking the par 5 9th. I seemed to have gotten my chipping game together so I should be able to start putting non catastrophic rounds together. My second round I managed two birdies but had two others right after.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

On 3/25/2019 at 3:01 PM, JohnSmalls said:

I don't have to wait a day for that to happen.  It happens in the same round for me 😂😂

Ha ha .. same here! Had a round recently that started off great for me .. +3 after 6 holes and then starting on #7 it may as well have been my very first day holding a golf club..... 

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Was hoping to play the back nine at my local course since I played the front 9 on Saturday, but there was a foursome on the tee at 10 and they were waiting for a threesome that was on the fairway. Oh well - front 9 take 2.  

Played another solid round, but putting is still giving me issues.  Ready for the conditions to be more up to par, but it will just take some time as the course hasn't been open very long this year.  Played about 15 mph of wind for the 9 and was extremely happy with my ball striking from the fairway and the greens.  I only missed two greens in reg and one was due to a chipout from a bad tee shot with my 2H (got a bit too quick on my swing) and the other because I was heavily into wind and caused the ball to spin back quite a bit and just on the front of the green.  Stats are below.

Round Score - 36 (2 birdies and 2 bogeys)

Fairways - 6/7

Greens - 7/9

Putts - 17 and zero three putts, but also only one 1 putt

Takeaway from the first 2 nines I've played is that I could really use a putting lesson.  Part of it is the condition of the greens, but if you put this 9 together with the one Saturday it comes out to a 73 with 9/14 fairways, 15/18 greens, and 37 putts.  My proximity to hole was actually pretty good for both days and I had about 9 looks at birdie 14 feet and closer and a few of my bogeys came from missed 4-5 footers.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Had a good game today with a 77, and that included 3-3-putts!

set my driver to +1 (11°), and really liked the results. Long soaring drives.

irons were so-so, but had a few up and downs to save marginal shots. Really liking my Sub70 wedges, they stick em where ya lick em.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes