TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Shot an 80 at my club with strong winds and it was chilly. Couple of birdies helped keep the score down. Back at it Saturday as the weather gets better and better.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

IMG_1702.thumb.JPG.758d4fab9b27cabe5bb4fbd84f91e242.JPG

That’s my ball, on the green on a 480 yard par 5 in 2. My drive went 278. Hit 4 hybrid from 202 to a back pin right into the middle of the green.

I had 4 career drives on a course that I’ve played hundreds of times the last twelve years. It was windy and dry for sure but I’ve played there when it was working body and dry before.

Shot 41-37 - hit 11/14 fairways and 11 greens. Didn’t putt well at all - greens were bumpy and slow. Had a penalty stroke trying to hit a punch shot on the green after an errant lay up. Shot of the day was a 7 iron pitch out from the woods on a par 3 to 4 feet on 15. That one saved my round.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Greens look in decent shape.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Finally beginning to dry out following about 8 months of record shattering rainfall. Today was the first time I was able to get in 9 holes following work this year.

Iron play was solid although, I was a half-club long with seemingly everything. Driver didn’t want to cooperate but that’s always my struggle.

Greens look in decent shape.

Rick, the round was at Mangrove Bay, the St Pete Muni. They do an amazing job on the course for the number of rounds it gets. Always top 10 in the country. However they were slow compared to my club and I never properly adjusted. :(

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

A couple good rounds.

38 44 at Echo Falls
40 42 at Coyote Creek

Struggled with driver consistency but switch up putter grip and save a number of strokes. Two rounds with zero 3 putts!

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

...first round of the season...some good ones...some not so good ones...but not a bad start...39/41... 

first time out with the 38" counterbalanced putter and I am definitely liking it!

can't wait for the sun to come out and dry things out a bit more!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Glad to hear that the up North contingent is starting to get out.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

After a 20 minute or so warm-up with driver and 4h, (which made me feel confident) I went for my round.  Had to change courses at the last minute due to some delays getting weekly groups out, but that was ok.  Same place, different course (new to me). From the forward tees is was just about 6,200 6.9/118.

4 Par, 10 bogies, 4 doubles, and one embarrassment of a 10 :surrender:... on a par 4 hole!!  2 into the water on the embarrasment! Both times hit onto the rough with a BIG bounce into the deep. One other hole included my only OB: but a great wedge and a nice putt kept that one to just being a bogie!  

Final score 106, and, given many things, I am OK with that score.  But, I am already thinking of the next time I play the route!

Many of the holes, I could have played better from a club selection point of view.  Way too many were short and required that extra shot. (I do not have a range finder, and, I forgot my phone so no GPS!) 

The really bad hole, however, might have been played better with a bit more of laying up on both that drowned.  But, I was trying to make up from having too many hits being too safe. 

C'est la vie!

241.jpg

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Rick, the round was at Mangrove Bay, the St Pete Muni. They do an amazing job on the course for the number of rounds it gets. Always top 10 in the country. However they were slow compared to my club and I never properly adjusted. :(

Greens here are still coming out of dormancy.

Edit: not that it matters, I’m 6-10 weeks away from hitting balls.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Today was a scramble with the Senior Group.  I hit my irons well.  Putter wasn't my friend today...greens were slower than normal for our course and I couldn't adjust for whatever reason.  The team didn't do very well, either....LOL.  3 drive minimum for each player -- they used 7 of my drives, including one on a par 3 that I stuck 2 feet from the hole (yes, someone made the putt 🙂

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Well, I got out for my first round in about 7 months. It was about 45° and blowing 15mph, so it was cold and the course was really wet. I definitely need to shake the rust off after shooting a 47/43-90 (including 2 penalties for balls lost in snow banks). The good news, I added about 20 yards to all my clubs over the winter, the bad news, just about everything else. I really need to work on the feels around the green with my wedges and putter. I had 36 putts today, which is waaay too high for me. Oh, and I could stop hitting my wedges fat. 

The best story of the day, was on the par 5 6th. After hooking my drive over the creek on the left, hitting a tree with my second, hitting a tree with my third, hitting a tree with my fourth, chunking my fifth, chunking my sixth into a bunker, falling face first into a snow bank in said bunker, I managed a nice up and down for a smooth 8. Spring golf is fun! 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

42 with 3 doubles and 1 birdie. lol...put the driver away and hit 3w which went well off the tee but not off the on the 2 par 5s. Game is improving andI suspect afte another week or two,I will be back on track. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Played 9 with a good friend of mine that I rarely get to visit with since his move to Oregon. Had a great warm-up session (off mats) that didn't translate to the course at all...😬 Still made 2 pars and had a great 5w approach that wound up on the green of one of the par-4's that I made one of the pars on. Other than that, not much I want to talk about except every "penalty-zone" that was made up of water seemed to have been exceptionally hungry for my MTB's...🤬

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

6 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Played 9 with a good friend of mine that I rarely get to visit with since his move to Oregon. Had a great warm-up session (off mats) that didn't translate to the course at all...😬 Still made 2 pars and had a great 5w approach that wound up on the green of one of the par-4's that I made one of the pars on. Other than that, not much I want to talk about except every "penalty-zone" that was made up of water seemed to have been exceptionally hungry for my MTB's...🤬

Did "Driver X" go along for the ride?  Good to hear your courses are snow free.  It's still snowing on ours. 🙁

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

17 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

first time out with the 38" counterbalanced putter and I am definitely liking it!

38" putter? 😱 What are you, 7 feet tall??

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Just now, fixyurdivot said:

Did "Driver X" go along for the ride?  Good to hear your courses are snow free.  It's still snowing on ours. 🙁

Indeed it did make the trip, but I'd better be mum about it for now...😑

Still snowing up your way???! What a bummer! Been a little unsettled here all week with a few showers and even a thunder-bumper in the late afternoon, but it is starting to feel like spring finally...

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

2 minutes ago, MattF said:

38" putter? 😱 What are you, 7 feet tall??

Counter balanced putters are designed to be long.  You want the end of the putter to extend past your grip to provide the counter balance.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

15 hours ago, Rickp said:

Greens here are still coming out of dormancy.

Edit: not that it matters, I’m 6-10 weeks away from hitting balls.

Since when does grass in Florida go dormant?  😄  

1 minute ago, CarlH said:

Counter balanced putters are designed to be long.  You want the end of the putter to extend past your grip to provide the counter balance.

Thanks for the explanation...my putter is cut to 33".

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

2 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Indeed it did make the trip, but I'd better be mum about it for now...😑

Still snowing up your way???! What a bummer! Been a little unsettled here all week with a few showers and even a thunder-bumper in the late afternoon, but it is starting to feel like spring finally...

Yup.  Our place in the Ruby Valley is at 5200 ft. and we've had snow on the ground for a couple of months now.  Temps here in Yuma are now trying for the 90 mark. We usually head back to MT the first week of April... decisions, decisions. 

14 minutes ago, CarlH said:

I think that is more of an old school thought on counterbalancing.   Counterbalancing can be achieved with the weights above, even with, or below the hands.  3-4 years ago you would see the 36-36 inch counterbalanced putters, but now must counterbalancing with traditional length shafts.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

8 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I think that is more of an old school thought on counterbalancing.   Counterbalancing can be achieved with the weights above, even with, or below the hands.  3-4 years ago you would see the 36-36 inch counterbalanced putters, but now must counterbalancing with traditional length shafts.  

Yes, I know that's true.  I was just thinking of the 38 inch Taylor Made Spider blade putter that I have in my collection.  😄 

12 hours ago, GB13 said:

Well, I got out for my first round in about 7 months. It was about 45° and blowing 15mph, so it was cold and the course was really wet. I definitely need to shake the rust off after shooting a 47/43-90 (including 2 penalties for balls lost in snow banks). The good news, I added about 20 yards to all my clubs over the winter, the bad news, just about everything else. I really need to work on the feels around the green with my wedges and putter. I had 36 putts today, which is waaay too high for me. Oh, and I could stop hitting my wedges fat. 

The best story of the day, was on the par 5 6th. After hooking my drive over the creek on the left, hitting a tree with my second, hitting a tree with my third, hitting a tree with my fourth, chunking my fifth, chunking my sixth into a bunker, falling face first into a snow bank in said bunker, I managed a nice up and down for a smooth 8. Spring golf is fun! 

Hey GB, how old ARE you? For some reason, I was thinking around 16 or so?

wondering how you picked up 20 yards per club? Wondering if it’s because you grew some? Will be interesting to follow your game for the next few years If you’re still gaining height and bulk.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Just now, Sluggo42 said:

Hey GB, how old ARE you? For some reason, I was thinking around 16 or so?

wondering how you picked up 20 yards per club? Wondering if it’s because you grew some? Will be interesting to follow your game for the next few years If you’re still gaining height and bulk.

Yessir, 16. It is only because I grew some. I'm currently 6'2" 140lbs. At the start of last winter, I was probably 5'11" 130lbs. Definitely have some filling out to do. That's the only reason I can think of that I picked up speed. Otherwise, I haven't really done any speed specific training. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Shot very sporadically again yesterday. Some great hits, some not so great. I seem to be regressing the last 6 months..., even though I’m playing more. 

8 minutes ago, GB13 said:

Yessir, 16. It is only because I grew some. I'm currently 6'2" 140lbs. At the start of last winter, I was probably 5'11" 130lbs. Definitely have some filling out to do. That's the only reason I can think of that I picked up speed. Otherwise, I haven't really done any speed specific training. 

Wow, you will be gaining mad distance for a few years to come...

Since when does grass in Florida go dormant?    

Huh, every winter....
Some courses they didn’t oversees completely. There is some “experimenting” going on with different grasses.

Rick

Left Hand, 

No golf today, in Indiana at daughters for a family funeral, so been watching PGATour Live all morning......they get it free with their Roku tv.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder