TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Wasn't going to play today as the weather was wet, cold and misty. By noon it was a beautiful sunny day, stiff breeze and cold but at least it was dry.

Played well today, long game was good, chipping great but bogied 6 in a row from the fairway with silly shots or short putts but the greens are slow and a bit bumpy this time of year with no growth.

76, happy with that considering my game has been all over the place recently.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yup.  Our place in the Ruby Valley is at 5200 ft. and we've had snow on the ground for a couple of months now.  Temps here in Yuma are now trying for the 90 mark. We usually head back to MT the first week of April... decisions, decisions. 

Heh, seems like a no-brainer to extend a bit, but there is no place like home though...

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Shot a not so pretty 83 today (39/44), but I did manage to win 1 gross and 2 net skins today in our group of 16 players.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I played 18 today at Scott Lake Country Club north of Grand Rapids, another course I had never played before. $30 for 18 holes and cart, winter rates. I had only intended on walking nine, but the weather meant I had the course to myself and finished in three hours. I started playing in 38 degree temperatures and a light drizzle, and it didn't get much warmer. Course played 5,625 yards from the white tees, total par of 70, and it was still very wet in spots.

Shot an 85! 42-43, and unfortunately had a major blowup eight on the second nine after hooking my first drive out of bounds. Could have, and should have been better! One of my goals for this season was to break 90, and I'm going to go ahead and count this even though it was a par 70.

The good: Thanks to @Shankster, my chipping was much better today. Last week it cost me a lot of strokes around the green. Today I had a few "bad" chips, but my misses today were much more tolerable than last week. My putting was pretty good, too, once I figured out I was setup too open to my line about two or three holes in. My course strategy was also good again today. All in all, had two birdies so I'll never be upset with that.

I also got to whip out the new Epic Flash and was impressed! Stage one review will be coming soon!

The bad: My ball-striking was horrific. This is a direct holdover from an absolutely terrible range session yesterday. Mentally, I wasn't confident over the ball until very late in the round. I can't continue to play that way. When I play tight like that, my swing gets all out of sorts, my swing speed goes way down, etc. "Thin it to win it," was definitely a motto for me today, and I know I even yelled that a few times trying to coax the ball into the right spots. Thankfully almost all of my misses were playable.

I also was not impressed with parts of the course. The last six or so holes on the "Gold" nine are very awkwardly designed. They play down to and around Scott Lake (hence the name), but the holes are just stupidly run up-and-down over gigantic hills. This is culminated by a 534-yard dogleg-left par 5 where you must hit a long iron about 200 yards off the tee up a massive hill to a blind layup spot. This leaves you with 300-plus yards in to the green. I'm all for working with the natural contours of the land, but this was a little ridiculous.

Another miscue - I played Red/Gold, which was opposite of the orientation in GAME Golf, so it didn't track correctly and I only got nine holes figured out. Oh well.

Best hole: I birdied the opening par 5. I hit a five iron about 195 yards down to the landing spot in front of a gully. Another five iron (thinned!) to right of the cart path short of the hole, 54 degree to the green. Knocked in a 10-15 footer for birdie.

image.png.1db99b55d63e4690ceebc5c18a9d91dc.png

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Played a full 18 after work yesterday afternoon. Saw the most amazing thing! A twosome of walkers had the entire course on gridlock! Both would walk to player “A” ball, wait for him to go through his routine and play a shot, then both would walk to player “B” ball and go through the whole scenario again. Even if each player were on opposite sides of a fairway! A couple of times, the tee shots were 100 yards apart.

Thankfully, they only played 9. At the turn, I politely asked why they were doing this because it was stacking up play behind them. The response was “we only have one range finder!”

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

34 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Played a full 18 after work yesterday afternoon. Saw the most amazing thing! A twosome of walkers had the entire course on gridlock! Both would walk to player “A” ball, wait for him to go through his routine and play a shot, then both would walk to player “B” ball and go through the whole scenario again. Even if each player were on opposite sides of a fairway! A couple of times, the tee shots were 100 yards apart.

Thankfully, they only played 9. At the turn, I politely asked why they were doing this because it was stacking up play behind them. The response was “we only have one range finder!”

Oh my...that's rich!  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

38/44 at Mesa Del Sol.  Only one double bogey on a short dog leg par 4 that I talked myself into trying to cut the corner.  Folks sitting out in their lawn said it hit the tree in the fairway and bounce back into their yard (OB).  Oh well, was hitting Driver X pretty good all day and the testosterone simply took over... I think it was testosterone, but could be something else at this point. 😄

I also went early and hit the G410's again and tried the i500's.  Holy s***, the i500's were tough to hit consistent.  When I flushed them they flew, but I can definitely say forged blades no longer look suitable for my game.  This now the third time I've tried the G410's with both the AWT and Project X shafts, I'm still not seeing results that make me want to drop $1200.  I need to try some more irons.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

51 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

38/44 at Mesa Del Sol.  Only one double bogey on a short dog leg par 4 that I talked myself into trying to cut the corner.  Folks sitting out in their lawn said it hit the tree in the fairway and bounce back into their yard (OB).  Oh well, was hitting Driver X pretty good all day and the testosterone simply took over... I think it was testosterone, but could be something else at this point. 😄

I also went early and hit the G410's again and tried the i500's.  Holy s***, the i500's were tough to hit consistent.  When I flushed them they flew, but I can definitely say forged blades no longer look suitable for my game.  This now the third time I've tried the G410's with both the AWT and Project X shafts, I'm still not seeing results that make me want to drop $1200.  I need to try some more irons.

Check out the Mizuno 919s if you get a chance... really nice feel and a ton of shaft options.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

10 hours ago, CarlH said:

Yes, I know that's true.  I was just thinking of the 38 inch Taylor Made Spider blade putter that I have in my collection.  😄 

I have one of those and wasn't sure how I would like the extra length above my hands but it really feels good and helps reinforce that pendulum stroke.  I also like the fact that I can decide how far down I want to grip it.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Check out the Mizuno 919s if you get a chance... really nice feel and a ton of shaft options.

Will do.  I did test the JPX900 HM last summer and, while nice, like the G400, I200's, and Taylormade M3, none are moving me away from the PE2's.  Interesting though is just how small the PE2's look compared to most of these.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Tweaked my back on the first tee.  😬  Right side at the bottom of my ribcage.  

Hitting off tees was OK if I swung at 50%.  Hitting off the ground on anything but pitch shots hurt, even at 50%.  It was 45º and sunny when my wife and I teed off, and it warmed up to 65º by the time we finished.  I was hitting better shots on the back nine.  We had a great time playing with two guys in their late 40's who outdrove me by 50 yards.  They bought me a double BV/seven at the turn because I think they felt sorry for me.  They MIGHT have broken 100.

Me?  5 doubles, 8 bogeys, 4 pars, and 1 birdie = 89... my short game saved me.  Could have been a lot worse.  

We have a 9:46 tee time tomorrow.  😀

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Meh. Hit some good shots, hit some bad shots. Pretty inconsistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Not a good day today.  Couldn't seem to get into any kind of groove.  Putts just a bit outside.  Hit a few good shots, hit a few stinkers.  Really struggled with my knee ... couldn't wait to finish the round.  Eeked out an 85 after putting 2 balls in 2 different ponds.  Seeing the orthopedic surgeon on Tuesday.  Hope to fix a date for the knee replacement and then I won't be playing for around 6 weeks after the surgery.  

Pretty poorly overall.  Tee shots weren't bad,  but struggles galore with irons and my chipping/pitching was a mess.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Pretty poorly overall.  Tee shots weren't bad,  but struggles galore with irons and my chipping/pitching was a mess.  

There’s always tomorrow Boss!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Not a good day today.  Couldn't seem to get into any kind of groove.  Putts just a bit outside.  Hit a few good shots, hit a few stinkers.  Really struggled with my knee ... couldn't wait to finish the round.  Eeked out an 85 after putting 2 balls in 2 different ponds.  Seeing the orthopedic surgeon on Tuesday.  Hope to fix a date for the knee replacement and then I won't be playing for around 6 weeks after the surgery.  

Feel for you with the knee pain. Do what you gotta do. Keep us informed.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

So, I had one of those rounds that makes me fairly optimistic.  I played Arcadia Municipal again.  It's about 5800 yards, with a lot less trouble than most of the courses I play.  It started like this:

0331191110a-01.jpeg.62ca136ec96b0250e27523bcc8b0dcc0.jpeg

That's my tee shot on #1.  285 yd. par 4.  I pulled out the Mitsushiba chipper that I just cut down to the same length as my putter, chipped it up to about 3 feet and rolled in the birdie.  I thought about quitting right there.

Overall, I went 43/45 for an 88, which is a little better than I've played in a long time.  That included 32 putts (I added weight to my putter and like it!), a bunch of pars, an atrocious quad on a par 3 and a couple of doubles.  The driver was outstanding.  I lost one to the left, but even that one wasn't in big trouble, just left a poor angle.

The big issue today was from 50 - 75 yards out.  Felt like I might as well have turned around and shot it back to 125 to play from there.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

24 minutes ago, Rickp said:

There’s always tomorrow Boss!

Not tomorrow, will be Tuesday which is the start of my companies golf league.   

Mostly disappointed with my my pitching and chipping.  Was doing so well yesterday during practice and started out terribly today.   It got a little better toward the end of the round. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I was able to play today in Hilton Head at Palmetto Plantation Arthur Hills course from the Gold tees (73.8 and 139 slope - 6918 yds).  Weather was great - about 65 on the first 9 and low 70's on the second with around 10 mph winds.  Shot of the day was a sawed off 2 hybrid from 226 that was into the wind so I played it about 240 with a low cut and ended up 8 feet from the hole, downfall was that I missed the putt!  Had a couple errant tee shots, but overall was very pleased with my round and like how I'm scoring so far this year. 

Round Score - 75 (1 Double, 4 Bogeys, 3 Birdies - 39/36)

Fairways - 9/14

Greens - 11/18

Putts - 30 (1 Three putt on a very tricky green with large hills/slopes all around the pin)

IMG_0566.thumb.jpg.fb6ab14ffee04f67e705cb8881b43f39.jpg

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Golf season has not arrived in the mountains yet so I went and hit balls and played a quick 18 at Pebble. Great round going until a disaster on 17.

IMG_1576.JPG

WITB 2024

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 9* SHAFT TBD...

:taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

:callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

:callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

:callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

18 hours ago, CarlH said:

You will be glad you get your knee done.  I should have done mine earlier.  Golf is much better now and pain free (well, knee anyway).  I waited until November for mine; was ready to play in February.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

You will be glad you get your knee done.  I should have done mine earlier.  Golf is much better now and pain free (well, knee anyway).  I waited until November for mine; was ready to play in February.

Yes.  I was trying to kick the can down the road, but that isn't going to happen.  Too painful to walk.  I'll just have to sit out the early part of summer.  Fortunately, we can play year round in Medford, albeit the winters aren't that great.  I'll know more tomorrow.

On 3/30/2019 at 9:18 PM, Kenny B said:

Tweaked my back on the first tee.  😬  Right side at the bottom of my ribcage.  

Hitting off tees was OK if I swung at 50%.  Hitting off the ground on anything but pitch shots hurt, even at 50%.  It was 45º and sunny when my wife and I teed off, and it warmed up to 65º by the time we finished.  I was hitting better shots on the back nine.  We had a great time playing with two guys in their late 40's who outdrove me by 50 yards.  They bought me a double BV/seven at the turn because I think they felt sorry for me.  They MIGHT have broken 100.

Me?  5 doubles, 8 bogeys, 4 pars, and 1 birdie = 89... my short game saved me.  Could have been a lot worse.  

We have a 9:46 tee time tomorrow.  😀

Well, we had a frost delay so didn't tee off until 10:34.  We played with another couple and he had a back pain as well, so we agreed to play from the White Tees.  I still swung about 50%, maybe 70% on a few tee shots, and I didn't have as many poor shots hitting off the ground.  

Less yardage to cover helped a lot!!  1 double, 5 bogeys, and 1 birdie on a par 5 = 78.  Yesterday, one of my 5 doubles was on that par 5.  The difference between the Blues and the Whites on that hole is 5 yards!!

I know that one of these days I will have to move up to the Whites, but I will stay at the Blues as long as I can still score rounds in the 70's.

A real bad day today. Played a tough - challenging - long - par 72 : 6250 yard beast of a course. The rating of 68 is way too low for this place. Sadly, I didn’t break 100 and shot a 106. No matter the anguish I endured. Still feel I’m only a swing feel - thought or - position from really nailing this game and shooting good golf. Really feel like I’m close this time

Keep it in the short stuff

1 hour ago, Big money said:

A real bad day today. Played a tough - challenging - long - par 72 : 6250 yard beast of a course. The rating of 68 is way too low for this place. Sadly, I didn’t break 100 and shot a 106. No matter the anguish I endured. Still feel I’m only a swing feel - thought or - position from really nailing this game and shooting good golf. Really feel like I’m close this time

Since you only list your handicap as Big, how bad is the 106 relative to your handicap?

Finally a good round. 2 bogeys and 7 pars for a  38.  Been making small steps and it finally came around with fairways and greens.   Wasnt going to play but going into my weekend this afternoon was the best weathe windiow before the downpours. Yard work in the rain it wil be this weekend.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

82, and couldn’t get anything going. Never played this course before, and there are numerous Par 5s that one has to hit iron off the tee (I call that rinky-dink), lots of blind shots. Frustrating. I hit 4 iron off most off three of the par 5s! Silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

8 hours ago, CarlH said:

Since you only list your handicap as Big, how bad is the 106 relative to your handicap?

About 8 shots higher. I’ve tried to improve thru many many lessons . On and off the course including course management skills and even a sports psychologist- teacher. It’s just a heck of a hard game. I keep telling myself I’m one great tip or feeling away from playing good fun golf. One day I will get this game. Thirty years in and still have about twenty five years left to be called a true master of my craft 

Keep it in the short stuff

Got outside for the first time over the weekend for a quick 9. VERY inconsistent with my irons, which is normally the better part of my game. Driver was shorter than usual but generally straight, which was great as I was swinging easier in an attempt to find fairways. 5/7 fairways hit. 

A lot of my mishits were fat, which I'm hoping is a symptom of playing on mats all winter that will go away sooner rather than later.

All in all, great day and happy to be getting outside again!

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day