TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Was able to get out for the first time today, since it rained all morning there was no one on the course when I got there. My friend and I had great time. It also gave me a chance to take more than one shot when I needed to practice from a certain distance. Besides the mud, and really soggy conditions I hit really well. It will take time to zero in on distances with my new irons, as I found I was either short, or well past my target.
All in all a great day.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Kinda cold and chilly today. But seemed to have my best round this year. A 44 for 9 holes. Which showed some promise in the scoring department.

My biggest improvement was chipping and pitching. I tried hovering the clubhead above the grass. Rather than set the club on the ground. Helped me not get stuck on the way back. No dubs or skulls over the green today. Things are finally looking up for me. Feels like I’m playing golf 

Keep it in the short stuff

Day 1 of the Spring Blitz in the books, shooting for 25 points, shot 41/44:85 with one birdie so got 23 points......-2. Sounds bad but really not so bad....actually, I am middle of the pack (15 out of 33).

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

We had a lot of rain Thursday evening into Friday morning, so I had to call around today to find a place that was open. I had been itching to take the Epic Flash for another spin. 45 degrees with sustained 15 mile per hour wind made for an interesting round. I would guess we are still two or three weeks away from good golfing weather.

Local pasture was open, $1 per hole. Walked 18, shot 45-41/86, which is +15 from the tips at about 5,600 yards. Front nine was surprisingly in great shape and mostly dry, back nine not so much, but I parred all three par threes on the back which really helped my score. I can't recall ever shooting a 41 before (though the back is a par 35). 

Ironically, I don't feel like I played well. I really struggled with everything beyond 50 yards today, but my game from inside 50 made up for it. I putted very well with only one three putt. Though, to be fair, the greens at this course are absolutely tiny (the last par three green is about 1,600 square feet) so once you're on the green you are not far from the hole no matter the pin placement. I also had two really great chips and a few solid pitches.

Two fun notes for todays round: 

1) I accidentally played hole 11 twice, once as the second hole and once as the 11th. The way the course is routed, holes two and 11 are located parallel to each other directly off the first green. They play almost the same distance and the green complexes are identical. I hadn't played this course in a while and wasn't paying attention to the sign near the tee. Whoops.

2) I lost a ball in the fairway. I hit a five iron into a wet spot, saw it splash and walked up to find it in a puddle full of water and leaves, almost a foot deep. Attempted to pull the ball out with a club but buried it further in. Was too cold to go reaching in with a hand, so the course literally ate my ball.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Like absolute dog crap.

Sustained winds of 17mph according to the weather report but I'm calling BS on that. Feels more like 20-25 with stronger gusts. Felt like everything I hit into the green blew 15-20 yards offline, and I wasn't adjusting. I was clubbing up twice when it was into me and coming up short, taking only a club less and SAILING. Couldn't chip, couldn't putt, nothing was decent except for driver. To top it all off, I forgot to put the Arccos sensor in the Flash.

Speaking of Flash, it's a weapon.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Like absolute dog crap.
Sustained winds of 17mph according to the weather report but I'm calling BS on that. Feels more like 20-25 with stronger gusts. Felt like everything I hit into the green blew 15-20 yards offline, and I wasn't adjusting. I was clubbing up twice when it was into me and coming up short, taking only a club less and SAILING. Couldn't chip, couldn't putt, nothing was decent except for driver. To top it all off, I forgot to put the Arccos sensor in the Flash.
Speaking of Flash, it's a weapon.

I reeeeeeeally want to try one on-course!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Shot 43/47:90 today and sunk further Down the line as Day 2 of the Spring Blitz ended.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Recap of my first on the course experience of 2019 from 4/13.

Wind was a major factor for my 9 holes. I waited until 2 in the afternoon to try and give the sun a chance to warm everything up, but the wind just kept everything at a steady 50-55 degrees.  It was a steady wind of about 15 miles an hour with random gusts of up to 30 miles an hour.

I was just so excited to finally step onto a course for the first time. Overall, I am happy with how I played. I shot a 47. It was no surprise to me that the part of my game that hurt my score the most was the part that I have not had the opportunity to practice yet: chipping and putting.

First hole is the perfect example. I was within 10 yards of the flag in two shots as I had come up just short on my approach shot.  It took me 4 more shots to get in the hole. 2 chips and 2 putts. Hopefully, as the weather warms up and I can spend time working on my chipping and putting, that will become less of a concern.

Overall, I had 18 putts, so I am not too upset with beginning the year at a 2 putts per hole average. 

I was very pleased with my ball striking. My new swing thought and pre-shot routine really helped me execute on the course in a consistent way. I only had 3 shots total that went way offline from my intended location. I'm looking forward to my next opportunity to get back on the course and keep working on the new things in my game.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Got in a quick 9 this afternoon with my modern set, still persimmons but with my KZG irons. Shot a so-so 44. I was happy with my tee and iron play but around the greens was not good today. They did just punch the greens a few days ago so putting was an adventure, but it really affected my chipping as I had no sense of how hard a chip should be. Left myself very short numerous times.

Rain is back tomorrow so glad I could sneak out a bit today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Played awful on Saturday. Driver was a 2 way miss including one drive that was 2 fairways left (I managed to only bogey that hole). Irons were awful, just absolutely awful. Chipping and putting was about average for me. Posted a triple digit score. UGH!

The good news is that it was 75F, the sun was shining, I walked 18, and I was the "new guy" in a local club and really enjoyed the other 3 gents I played with.

Back to practicing this week.

Driver - :ping-small: G400 LST

3W & 4H - Orlimar High Energy 2

Irons - :cobra-small:F7 OL (5I - GW)

Wedges -  Top Flight Gamer Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter - Orlimar HE2

Balls - Vice Pro

Played an 18 hole Par 3 (last week) down near the beach that I really like .. it's a little scruffy, the greens can be rough and bumpy and are usually frustratingly slow - ie. my first putts are almost always way too short! - and as the course meanders around the wind is always coming in from a different direction .. but it's a lot of fun and *great* wedge practice!

I've made one of my golfing goals to hole out from 160 and in with an average of 3.50 strokes -- so that's 1/2 the holes down in 3 and 1/2 the holes down in 4. Obviously near-term goals I may have to move that closer in to 100 yds and/or move the average up to 3.67 .. which would be 1/3 of the holes in 3. So this course, and two other Par 3s near me, are really good for working on this. 

Here's an overview pic (from ShotScope) of the course...
RM18_20190410.jpg.7d56c15e4910da1eb728032a9bd0fa5f.jpg

That big "X" sticking out at the top-center? 

That's my second shot on the lone Par 4 on the course (#13) which can actually be played as a Par 3 - but it's a totally blind shot over pines and bushes and you don't know if the group ahead is clear of the green. So that day I didn't .. but probably should have .. gone for it... Tee shot was placed nicely into the center of the dogleg right but the second shot i-dunno-what and skulled it across the green and into the underbrush opposite... Took a drop and still managed to flub the next chip .. from 35 yds! .. so there I am with FIVE to get on and then 2 putts for a 7 on a 105 yard hole!

There goes the scoring average!

Ha but actually the rest of the round was pretty good with 10 bogeys, 6 pars and 1 birdie. So even with the one blow-up hole the 100-and-in average for this round was 3.67 (with one 3-putt and two 1-putts, rest all 2-putts).

Parred #18 for the first time which I was happy with as this 100-yd hole is one of the most exposed to the wind and usually into it but not straight at you - the wind is typically coming in from just enough right or left to make it a little, ummm, extra "interesting" 😉  Hit the tee shot solidly and straight, though a little higher than I'd wanted, but it held its line and dropped straight down onto the front of the green .. yea!

Oh, PS:
Ended at +12 which I'm pretty sure is my PB to date on this course.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Tried to play Kapolei Golf Club, but they were booked (even for twilight) so I ended up at Ewa Beach Golf Club again. Shot a 93 (44/49) with 29 putts, which constitutes a waste of a good putting round. My trend of up and down play continues, but EBGC is a tough track so this round would've been mid to low 80s at other courses. The grind continues!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

20 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

Tried to play Kapolei Golf Club, but they were booked (even for twilight) so I ended up at Ewa Beach Golf Club again. Shot a 93 (44/49) with 29 putts, which constitutes a waste of a good putting round. My trend of up and down play continues, but EBGC is a tough track so this round would've been mid to low 80s at other courses. The grind continues!

I shot 91 there on Saturday which is the first time in over a year that I've shot above 80s. That course and the winds over the weekend were NOT fun. Some of the pin placements were crazy hard as well, if you don't know all of the undulations in the greens it's impossible to set yourself up. I don't play there often so I'm unaware and just fire to the flag whenever I have an angle, which was often times making me end up off the green because the pin was just in front of a huge dropoff.

4 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I shot 91 there on Saturday which is the first time in over a year that I've shot above 80s. That course and the winds over the weekend were NOT fun. Some of the pin placements were crazy hard as well, if you don't know all of the undulations in the greens it's impossible to set yourself up. I don't play there often so I'm unaware and just fire to the flag whenever I have an angle, which was often times making me end up off the green because the pin was just in front of a huge dropoff.

Yeah dude the wind yesterday was no joke. I hit a bucket at Kapolei and the wind was whipping over there, too. Freaking 13 was playing 203 directly into the wind and there were a couple other holes where the wind assaulted my tee shots. Oh and as far as false fronts go, the pin position on 15 was a straight up trap, haha! All part of the game out here I suppose!

windy for me also on Saturday, and cold, very cold in the wind, it was exhausting, I was knackered at the end and sore the next 2 days!

some drive and wedge holes were drive and 4 iron (still short). Hit the ball quite well but when you have to swing really hard just to go 150 yds with a 6 iron it loses the fun element and becomes a slog.

Thank 'F' I dont do this for a living🙄

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

53 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

Yeah dude the wind yesterday was no joke. I hit a bucket at Kapolei and the wind was whipping over there, too. Freaking 13 was playing 203 directly into the wind and there were a couple other holes where the wind assaulted my tee shots. Oh and as far as false fronts go, the pin position on 15 was a straight up trap, haha! All part of the game out here I suppose!

@yungkory Do you guys ever get to play out at Kaneohe Klipper GC?  I got the chance to play there in 2004 when I was PCSing from Japan to England and I absolutely loved that course. Unfortunately I was never stationed out there, so I only got to play it that one time.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

2 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

@yungkory Do you guys ever get to play out at Kaneohe Klipper GC?  I got the chance to play there in 2004 when I was PCSing from Japan to England and I absolutely loved that course. Unfortunately I was never stationed out there, so I only got to play it that one time.

Unfortunately, no. I'm a civvy and don't have access to the base, and I've heard it's hard to get onto the course? I have a buddy who is retired Navy who has taken me to Mamala, but he said he can't get onto Klipper. I've heard so many stories of how hard it is to get on out there for non-service members that I just don't even bother. @djahubes has posted pictures of it from when he was out here and that stretch of holes alongside the beach looks incredible.

1 minute ago, yungkory said:

Unfortunately, no. I'm a civvy and don't have access to the base, and I've heard it's hard to get onto the course? I have a buddy who is retired Navy who has taken me to Mamala, but he said he can't get onto Klipper. I've heard so many stories of how hard it is to get on out there for non-service members that I just don't even bother. @djahubes has posted pictures of it from when he was out here and that stretch of holes alongside the beach looks incredible.

Wow! I guess for whatever reason I got lucky the day I went, but I think it was a week-day.  A buddy and I just walked on.  And I do remember those holes alongside the beach, vividly.  I don't remember my score that day, but I'm sure it was in the 90's. 

Do you ever get over to the other islands?  I played the Plantation Course and Poipu Bay while on my honeymoon.  I thought I wasn't going to be able to make the turn before I lost all my balls in the rough...it was so thick at Plantation in Nov.  Hit the longest drive of my life on #18...400 yds, had 185 left and flew the green, chipped it close and birdied out.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

15 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

10 minutes ago, yungkory said:

@yungkory will get out there once we finally play! I've kinda avoided playing since I've been back because I've heard the greens were trash, but seeing how I'm in my last year on the island I need to play it at least once since the last time I played it was 2005. The holes on the back are definitely the highlight of the course, but otherwise it's nothing spectacular from what I remember. 

On 4/8/2019 at 12:03 PM, revkev said:

40/45 with 3 doubles on the back. Course is soggy and playing long. Rained the whole time.   32 putts, 61% on fairways hit but only 3 GIRS. No crazy misses and I shouldve got up and down on many of those mises.Just didnt putt or chip very well. Put my driver back in play over my 3w as I need the extra carry from the 1w in  these conditions. Driver did cost me a water ball.

This was my best iron ball striking round post hand surgery and I think Ive made progress. 
Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

bewildered

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

[mention=72400]yungkory[/mention] will get out there once we finally play! I've kinda avoided playing since I've been back because I've heard the greens were trash, but seeing how I'm in my last year on the island I need to play it at least once since the last time I played it was 2005. The holes on the back are definitely the highlight of the course, but otherwise it's nothing spectacular from what I remember. 

Klipper is in good shape. It was garbage for a while B/C they lost 4 greens, but they are all back. I never had an issue walking on without a t time. Get after it, it’s a fun track.

Played a disastrous 52 from the blues at my home course. Probably had the roadtrip on my mind, but struggled with everything. Road tripped from IN to MS and stopped at French Lick on the way. Played 18 in 3.5ish hours. Course was empty other than 4 somes but kept running into them on the back. Shot an impressive 92 considering how hilly the course is, the fact I had no idea about correct lines and the wind. Winds started to howl on the back and 2-3 holes played directly into it including the 600 yard par 5.

Tried playing in MS but the weather wouldn't cooperate. Ended up playing 4 holes and was not exactly lighting the world up. My putting is still letting me down but the weather was also atrocious.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

4 hours ago, djahubes said:

Klipper is in good shape. It was garbage for a while B/C they lost 4 greens, but they are all back. I never had an issue walking on without a t time. Get after it, it’s a fun track.

That's good to hear! Definitely going to check it out here soon. 

On a cool and overcast morning I had a great round, 37/38...75

had a real stiff neck so I had a very short backswing, but it’s almost like that helped my game. That score included 3-3putts, and 3 - 1putts. Had a nice sandy too. They did punch the greens, but they used the small holes, so I can’t say that it affected my putts that much...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

43 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

On a cool and overcast morning I had a great round, 37/38...75

had a real stiff neck so I had a very short backswing, but it’s almost like that helped my game. That score included 3-3putts, and 3 - 1putts. Had a nice sandy too. They did punch the greens, but they used the small holes, so I can’t say that it affected my putts that much...

nice round

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Played the City of Tampa’s premier public course today, Rogers Park. This historic black golf course was in excellent shape as they just hosted the Hillsborough County Amateur last weekend. I shot a 43/39:82 today wit( one Birdie. I screwed up a couple holes because my drive did not fin8sh correctly and tailed off into the rough, causing back to back Doubles. Par 5 Hole #9 saw a 225 yd drive loosed by a 3W stinger then a 62 yd flop over the bunker. The prob was I ended above the hole with a fast downhill putt that turned into 3 putts.

Overall a good day even though I only had 5/14 FIR’s but 11/18 GIR’s.

Played an after work 9 and shot a 43. I shaved 4 strokes off of my previous round despite not being able to get up and down.

Going 0/5 on up and downs really shows me what I need to focus on. I’m hoping the meteorologists are wrong and the rain doesn’t show up the rest of this week so I can go wear out the practice green.

IMG_0947.PNG

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

If I ever play like that again, I’ll quit playing.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

37 minutes ago, revkev said:

If I ever play like that again, I’ll quit playing.

I say that every week!  It will all come together; don't sweat it!!

On Sunday I shot 49/40=89  Didn't get a par until #11.  My shoulder hurts; so does my back.  Couldn't get off the tee.

Today I played a course in town that I haven't played since last August.  I was invited to join a game of Wolf.  Sure, why not!!  I'll donate this time...  shot 80 with two doubles, which tied for low round.  I was even invited back on Thursday.  Now I'm playing with "house money".

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

@Kenny of course I have felt this way before and no doubt will have the joy of feeling this way again.  Everything was bad about yesterday.  I didn't want to play but if I didn't we would have forfeited and we are tied for first.  Its my busiest week of the year work wise, my wife was upset when I told her I was playing, my warm up was atrocious, everything was blocked or block faded.  Predictably I duck hooked my opening drive into a fairway bunker left.  I proceeded to knock a 7 iron 5 feet from the pin.  Straight up the hill, couldn't have been an easier putt for birdie and I yanked it.  Push blocked the next drive into the woods right, chipped out (I had a lot of those) to 70 yards, hit a nice 60 just over the flag, 15 feet slightly down hill, knocked it through the break 5 feet past, missed coming back, double, doubled the next from the middle of the fairway when I push faded my 9 iron 70 feet right of the pin and chunked my chip, doubled the next when I push faded my PW 50 feet left of the green and three putted from 20 feet after an indifferent pitch shot, hooked my 7 iron on the next hole into a trap - actually survived a push faded 4 hybrid lay up on the next hole because the ball somehow got through the trees and into the right side of the fairway (I was aiming down the left side because it was a right pin.)  Snap hooked (if that's possible) my gap wedge to 65 feet left of that right pin and managed to two putt.

That's enough - every club in the bag contributed to a nightmarish 9 - good thing it was only 9.  The good thing is that I only lost 1 down and our team kicked butt - much better than the forfeit we would have take had I not shown. 

So we won by me playing like crap but holding it together enough to not get drilled (fortunately my opponent played down to my level - for example we tied 8 and 9 with double, bogey). 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD