TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

12 hours ago, palvord said:

Played an after work 9 and shot a 43. I shaved 4 strokes off of my previous round despite not being able to get up and down.

Going 0/5 on up and downs really shows me what I need to focus on. I’m hoping the meteorologists are wrong and the rain doesn’t show up the rest of this week so I can go wear out the practice green.

IMG_0947.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

The stat that jumps out at me is the “missed short”.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

The stat that jumps out at me is the “missed short”.

Oh for sure! If that stays my trend for the year, I’ll be in major trouble.

I don’t put as much stock into that stat for yesterdays score as I was playing off of very wet/muddy conditions and could not figure out how much I needed to club up.

Not being able to get up and down once though is a concern to me, because that is something that you have to execute no matter the conditions if you want lower scores.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Played well except for the streak of 5 bogies in a row for a 77

If I ever play like that again, I’ll quit playing.

No you won’t

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hours ago, chisag said:

.... I have been playing Aguila here in Phoenix at twilite most every day. Greens are quite fast but a little bumpy, so not only difficult to read but putts tend to wander, especially downhill. The Mrs flew in today so I played "early" at 10:20 which is very early for me LOL. But the greens rolled much smoother earlier in the day so this bermuda either gets sticky in the afternoon or some poa is mixed in. Had 4 birdies and one bogie on the front then hit a log jam at 10 and waited 25 minutes to tee off and the wind picked up and I lost my mojo. Instead of hitting it close I was 20-30 feet or on the fringe and I also missed few fairways but mostly just didn't putt like the front 9. All pars and 1 bogie on the back and I am always amazed at how excellence can slip away so quickly. No complaints of course and played well on the back just not in sync like the front. In other words a typical day playing this silly, wonderful, frustrating and very rewarding game. 

Nice!  Not many courses in the Phoenix area without houses/condos.  While I like Phoenix, I like courses without backyards.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Got a round in yesterday at Maryland National and another 9 in this am at my local course. Shot a 90 at Maryland National. Started out with 3 doubles on the first four holes then lost 3 balls on the back. Oh what could’ve been. Today went out and put up a 43. Irons feel solid after taking a few lessons but the driver is spraying everywhere. Need to get that fixed!

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

... I don't play those courses Kenny. Picture is from Aguila, a park district course and not a house to be seen. Same with Papago and one of my other favorites Verrado Founders, that has a few but mostly just desert, cactus and mountains. 

89628249_AguilaGC.jpg.a405daf3d39a0841857304ce4a17bee7.jpg

Edited by chisag

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

11 hours ago, chisag said:

... I don't play those courses Kenny. Picture is from Aguila, a park district course and not a house to be seen. Same with Papago and one of my other favorites Verrado Founders, that has a few but mostly just desert, cactus and mountains. 

89628249_AguilaGC.jpg.a405daf3d39a0841857304ce4a17bee7.jpg

That's the way I like it.  I was very disappointed when the old Thunderbird course, recently Vistal GC, up on the side of South Mountain was closed a few years ago to build houses.  It was a very nice, inexpensive course.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Two positives today. Went out with my nephew who shot a -1 under 35. Just fun watching people play this game right. Second positive was beating the rain and cold that now has overtaken the area 

Now my score :( . Shot a 53, but the ball striking was really spot on for me. Just a few bad decisions cost me from being mid 40’s imho.Its a marathon not a sprint for improving in this game.But my nephew did say that my short game is horrendous.And my ball striking should easily net me better than what I am.Maybe a new driver or irons might help me a bit?

Keep it in the short stuff

Missed a 5 footer that would have made a 79. Played with a few new guys today and of course my nerves got the better of me for the front 9. Then shot even on the back 9...

lve got to figure out a way to keep my nerves from blowing up my game. It seems to have gotten worse over the last year...😒

Played 9 after work at a different Muni than last week. Found out they punched the greens 2 days ago so that was great (not).

Then found out Arccos had the wrong yardages and par numbers so I just ended my round after the first hole and didn't keep score. Just mainly focused on driver -- trying to get it dialed in.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

8 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

lve got to figure out a way to keep my nerves from blowing up my game.

I've found drinking helps...

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Played 18 yesterday - not too bad. However, one of my nemesis holes - a par 4 over water: beautiful drive and fairway shot but I chunked the pitch over a couple of bunkers. What should have been a par turned into a double. 😡

The a short par 3 over the water - great tee shot in 25+ mph head winds to about 6' from the pin - should have been a birdie - but parred instead. Oh well it is still the beginning of the season 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

16 hours ago, Big money said:

Two positives today. Went out with my nephew who shot a -1 under 35. Just fun watching people play this game right. Second positive was beating the rain and cold that now has overtaken the area 

Now my score 😞 . Shot a 53, but the ball striking was really spot on for me. Just a few bad decisions cost me from being mid 40’s imho.Its a marathon not a sprint for improving in this game.But my nephew did say that my short game is horrendous.And my ball striking should easily net me better than what I am.Maybe a new driver or irons might help me a bit?

If your nephew thinks your ball striking is good enough to score better than you are and your short game is horrendous, then a new driver or irons is not going to help much.  Get a short game evaluation and lessons, and work on developing a "feel" for shot around and on the green.  It will take time to develop feel, but that's what's needed to score better.

Very happy with my +4 76 today 

Greens were punched 10 days ago and winds were gusting around 25mph. 

G410 was an absolute beast. Had 4 downwind drives (but not downhill) of 331, 341, 337 and 343.

My buddy I played with was pretty depressed when he got up to his good drives that were gpsed at 280 and I was 50+ yards passed him. I've never hit a driver like this before. 

Very unhappy with my +5 77. 🙂

My driving and iron game was...  horrible!

I only hit 4 fairways and 6 (ugh) greens. I made a decent score by scrambling well and putting great!! My Betti and I are starting to get to know each other better..😉

Oh yeah, only 24 putts... 

Edited by GB13

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

18 minutes ago, GB13 said:

Very unhappy with my +5 77. 🙂

My driving and iron game was...  horrible!

I only hit 4 fairways and 6 (ugh) greens. I made a decent score by scrambling well and putting great!! My Betti and I are starting to get to know each other better..😉

Oh yeah, only 24 putts... 

... GB the older you get the more you realize you are gonna have days like this ... unfortunately more often than we would like. Those days you just grind out a score. The days when it is all working you go low. But this is the allure of the game, one day it's easy and everything is working. The next day little seems to work and the good players find a way to score. You did that today, so well done! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

18 minutes ago, chisag said:

... GB the older you get the more you realize you are gonna have days like this ... unfortunately more often than we would like. Those days you just grind out a score. The days when it is all working you go low. But this is the allure of the game, one day it's easy and everything is working. The next day little seems to work and the good players find a way to score. You did that today, so well done! 

Thank you! You're right, I need to look at this round as, Wow, I ground out a decent 77 with not my best game! In all reality, I should say, I had my best scrambling/putting day ever, and I should keep practicing, because it allowed me to post a decent number when my swing was nowhere to be found. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Holy cow.i just finished the worst round I've played in about a year. It started on the 1st tee with a lost ball. I topped balls on 3 of the 1st 4 holes.. losing 2 of them.. chunked a couple of chips.

Drove the ball great after 4 holes but just struggled my way around the front 9. Had 2 miserable par 3s..

So I guess the only real bright spot was my putting....

Oh that's right I was playing golf.. still better than working.. I guess it wasn't so bad.. lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

On 4/18/2019 at 6:24 PM, Big money said:

Now my score 😞 . Shot a 53, but the ball striking was really spot on for me. Just a few bad decisions cost me from being mid 40’s imho.Its a marathon not a sprint for improving in this game.But my nephew did say that my short game is horrendous.And my ball striking should easily net me better than what I am.Maybe a new driver or irons might help me a bit?

What type of scores do you shoot when your ball striking isn’t spot on?Just curious 

Keep it in the short stuff

On 4/8/2019 at 12:03 PM, revkev said:

Planned on walking 18 after work but dropped after 9 due to the rain getting heavier. 

41 and no doubles which is a HUGE victory for me as of late. Couple up and downs but left a couple putts. Been playing without glasses and I think it throws me off. Eye doc Monday and going to contacts I hope. 

Put a new to me 4h in play and we are getting acquainted quite well. 

Put my AVXs in play tonight as I need to adjust my game a bit with them before the first tourny in a couple 

Edited by pulledabill
redo

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

4 hours ago, Reesedw said:

Holy cow.i just finished the worst round I've played in about a year. It started on the 1st tee with a lost ball. I topped balls on 3 of the 1st 4 holes.. losing 2 of them.. chunked a couple of chips.

Drove the ball great after 4 holes but just struggled my way around the front 9. Had 2 miserable par 3s..

Oh that's right I was playing golf.. still better than working.. I guess it wasn't so bad.. lol

A few years ago I made a decision to NOT use a brand new ball on the 1st tee for that reason.  It was a beautiful sunny day at Gold Mountain.  My wife and I were playing with several friends from Seattle; we had two 4-somes.  I pulled my tee shot on #1 so far left into the trees that it was not even worth taking a look for it.  Now I break out a new ball on #2.

14 hours ago, Reesedw said:

You stole my round! Had pretty much a carbon-copy of what you had yesterday myself...😬

Got finished with a project early and ditched work to play a round. First drive nearly wound up in someone's yard, then dumped 2 in the water on that damn par-3 4th...Topped my share of approach shots and just sucked for most of the first 9. Putting was there though and was at +13 at the turn. Turned it around on the back going +10 and finally settled down on my shot making. Only one real birdie chance (pared), but made 3 pars overall and no snowmen. Counting as a "win"...

Edited by PING Apologist #9
- to +

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Up and down round for a 79. Some good some bad, just didn’t have “it” going.

37 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

You stole my round! Had pretty much a carbon-copy of what you had yesterday myself...😬

Got finished with a project early and ditched work to play a round. First drive nearly wound up in someone's yard, then dumped 2 in the water on that damn par-3 4th...Topped my share of approach shots and just sucked for most of the first 9. Putting was there though and was at +13 at the turn. Turned it around on the back going -10 and finally settled down on my shot making. Only one real birdie chance (pared), but made 3 pars overall and no snowmen. Counting as a "win"...

You went 10 under on the back 9? 🙀

1 minute ago, Sluggo42 said:

You went 10 under on the back 9? 🙀

Whoops! No. Meant +10...editing...

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

On 4/18/2019 at 11:04 PM, Sluggo42 said:

l've got to figure out a way to keep my nerves from blowing up my game. It seems to have gotten worse over the last year...😒

NOT saying we have anything remotely like similar games, but ...... One thing I've been reading/learning more about lately is the "mental game" - that is: I've heard the term and some of the jargon thrown around, but .. what does it really mean? ..and how can i really apply it to my game on the course? ... so one mental game coach that seemed interesting to me and that I recently attended a 2-day clinic with is David MacKenzie of "Golf State Of Mind". Has some good articles on the blog on his website, and also some info in his Insta.

It's definitely helping me - especially with, e.g., a better understanding of how to prepare for each shot, how to define a better pre-shot routine for yourself - which can help with focusing the mind and easing tension.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

13 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

NOT saying we have anything remotely like similar games, but ...... One thing I've been reading/learning more about lately is the "mental game" - that is: I've heard the term and some of the jargon thrown around, but .. what does it really mean? ..and how can i really apply it to my game on the course? ... so one mental game coach that seemed interesting to me and that I recently attended a 2-day clinic with is David MacKenzie of "Golf State Of Mind". Has some good articles on the blog on his website, and also some info in his Insta.

It's definitely helping me - especially with, e.g., a better understanding of how to prepare for each shot, how to define a better pre-shot routine for yourself - which can help with focusing the mind and easing tension.

Thanks dude... I know there is stuff out there for this problem. I’ll check this guy out!

About two or so weeks ago played a 9-hole Par 3 about 40 mins away; holes range from 85 to 160 yds with most having some .. or a lot of .. elevation change - two holes have greens hidden from view going uphill - plus on a few holes overhanging branches near the greens present an interesting challenge. There's trees on both sides of every hole so not a lot of room for error. 

So long story short I played really well .. really REALLY well! Finished at +4 with 3 pars and 1 birdie, rest bogeys, and no penalties. Hit 4 greens and had 4 x 1-putts. Yeah!!

Went back a few days ago to see if I could get anywhere near that performance. Started off really well, despite a pretty good wind swirling around, and was +3 after the first 6 (hit 3 greens and had 2 x 1-putts). Had my second-ever Par on the 160 yd uphill #6, and my first-ever time hitting that green. Yea!

And then......

Hit the tee shot on #7 - arguably the easiest hole as it has the widest and flattest approach and probably the largest, flattest green, too - only to watch it dive right deep into the woods... Second tee shot I aimed long-left to account for the wind coming at me and ... that's exactly where the ball went! Didn't get held up or pushed over by the wind, and instead went past the green and the bushes behind and down into a drainage gully... Found it and was able to chip it over the bank (which was taller than me) but still short of the green. Second chip wasn't close enough; two putts for a 7...

#8 the shortest hole I hit it a little deep and caught one the branches hanging down in front of the green ... ball bounced off and all the way to the right edge of the fairway and down below the green. Chipped on but then managed to 3-putt for a 5...

#9 is about 120 downhill with the trees on both sides forming a narrowing chute towards the smallish green. Mis-hit tee shot was heading right and caught a branch but this time I git a friendly break and it dropped my ball straight down. Chunked the wedge shot so 3 to get on and then .. yep .. managed to 3-putt again for a 6...

So first 6 holes in +3 and last 3 holes in +9.

Hmmmmmmmm.......

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg