TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

... Had a rough day at one of my favorite courses that always seems to produce higher scores. 5 bogies and 3 birdies but the last hole was pretty cool. Long par 4 with a slope about 260 from the tee. Catch it and run another 50 yds. Wind pushed mine a hair right and it was headed the way to begin with so it sat on the edge of the fairway and missed the slope. My wife (here for a week) hit a big drive and made the slope from her tees and we lasered it at 260. Longest drive of her life!

... So I have 154 downwind and a little downhill to a pin in the front. 15 mph wind meant no way to get it close and I was debating between a pw and 9 iron. Do I choke up on the 9 and hit the front of the green and hope it doesn't go too far past or land about 10 yds short and hope it bounces on? With bermuda I never know if it will land and stick or land and hop. Hmmmm. My wife says hit the pw because you will get up and down if you don't. I hit the pw as good as I can and it landed right where I wanted it to. 144 and it hit and just made it out of it's pitchmark.  As we went to the ball we could feel the ground squish beneath our feet and realized they had watered. LOL, just my luck that in the middle of a desert I land short of the one hole they watered in the middle of the round. Told my wife I had to chip it hoping I could one hop it thru the grass and have it trickle to the hole with only about 8 feet of green to work with. She made a friendly jab about outdriving me so I had to get to close didn't I? Chipped it where I wanted, it hoped once and rolled to the hole hesitating on the edge and the 15 mph wind nudged it in the hole for a birdie. My wife just smiled and said "I told you". It washed away the slightly bitter taste in my mouth of always playing one of my favorite courses poorly. Because it doesn't get any better than playing with my wife, in the mountains with beautiful scenery on a nice maintained course even if the score isn't what I was hoping for. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

22 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

91 was my total. 

Bastard...😋

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

On 4/25/2019 at 10:05 AM, palvord said:

I can live with poor consequences if I committed and executed. Hurting yourself due to not committing to a shot is just dumb.

..been there, done that.... 😞

But yeah - the golf ball senses your hesitancy 😉 and thinks it can just fly off to wherever!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

On 4/27/2019 at 2:00 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

replacing the 70 with a "Par Buster"

Suggestion for another name to consider:
"No Par King"

😉

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

Played 18 two days in a row on an impromptu road trip to the east end of Long Island. The back was more sore from the soft bed in the B&B than from too much bad swinging. First day I'd forgotten to load the course into my ShotScope and didn't bother tracking my score as it was windy and gusty and figured I'd be having a tough day anyway; a lot of this course is exposed to the wind and gusts especially part of the back 9.

Highlight was probably the 164 yd Par 3 - took out the new-to-me Ping G Crossover for the first time and .. I think with a wind-assist tho couldn't be sure .. landed it beyond the bunker front-right and the mound just behind it to get onto the middle of the green; an "easy" 2-putt par. Same hole next day? And with almost no wind at all? 3 to get on and a stoopit 3-putt on top of that..... Sheesh!

Second day front 9 I was doing ok - basically playing bogey golf on average - until on the short, slight dogleg right #9 I topped my tee shot followed by a weak second shot that rolled behind a tree followed by a failed attempt at a punchout with the ball nudged against a large root... to a triple 7. Back 9 I made a big mess of three of the holes though finished the last two holes with a par and almost a par, just lipped out the putt...

So Front 9 was +11 even with several wasted shots and two 3-putts, tho those were offset by two 1-putts; Back 9, tho... +17 with 2 penalties (two tee shots on the same hole sliced OB . ouch!) and three 3-putts (no 1-putts). Well, at least the course was quiet and without rushing, just going from hole to hole and a bathroom break in the middle, we finished in 3:18.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Driver was working, irons were working,  putter was working,  short game was NOT working.  Just some really bad shots that resulted in a few doubles.  Just going to keep practicing since there were a few good short game shots. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Yes, my second round of the season. Partly sunny and 54° wind at about 10 mph. Rained most of the week so only walking the course was an option. No problem, although we had to use the course pull carts. They weren't in very good shape. It was soggy, and we were plagued by disappearing balls. For me, driving was very ugly. I just only 2 fairways. The best drive I had was par 4 where I hit beautiful 3 wood dead center, just about 100yds out. That use to be my PW go to distance. My new irons, the ones fitted to me, well add 10-15yds to each previous club distance. Not thinking I used the PW, put it about 10yds over the green, 60°onto the"putting surface" and a one putt for par. That was great. But then back to the driver issues. I have to say, I really love those irons. I was doing a good job of dialing in distances. Since it was soooo wet, we decided to use the round as practice. I was just pumped to be able to get out and play.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

2019 Buddy Trip - Kissimmee FL. 4 Days, 16 Golfers, 4 houses, 4 Golf Courses, $3,500 for golf. My scores....

North Shores....88

Kissimmee Bay CC....92

The Oaks at Stonegate...87

Hawk’s Landing...88

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Got to play a few times over the past week. Mostly 9 holes rounds. Starting to play better for stretches, but still struggling mightily especially around the greens. The last round was an awful iron round where I missed a ton of greens.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Played after church yesterday - shot 80 - very disappointing because I drove it great. Only missed two fairways and was in good shape on the proper side with both misses.

My iron play was abysmal - I really need a new set of irons or certainly different shafts in my current one. Lots of rights because I can’t get the face closed. On a course like we played yesterday that meant lots of short sided bunker shots.
:(

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

2 rounds over the weekend for me both 79s. Should be scoring better but my head is a bit of a mess at the moment too many changes and thoughts to get a settled round. e.g. Saturday changed my putting setup went round with 30 putts but struggling with my approach 5/18 GIR. Sunday changed my setup on my approaches 12/18 GIR and went back to my old putting setup, 39 putts.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Played Saturday with a very loose swing. Was 3 over after 2. Was able to get it to 1 over after chip in on 16 but bogeyed 17 after hitting 168 yard 9 iron a mile over the green. With swing changes distance are getting tough to guess. Missed greens #11 and #12 from middle of FWY inside of 90 yards. Still working on wedges and struggling at times. 

8/18 GIR

9/14 FIR

27 Putts

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Well, here’s the results from my Buddy Trip ....

I used my old Cobra F6 4 & 5 irons rather than the F8 3 & 5 Hybrids.....

file-BA432685-3F58-449D-8B4F-B82BCA8BF8FD-5803-000004768AD3232D.pngfile-A4F9C4F5-AFB3-40E3-83C8-82C518FC65C2-5803-0000047745E9872F.png

Now, I am having severe pain issues with my fingers. Can’t seem to hold onto the club very well. I take Gabapentin daily for the pain, but now it is more severe. I also take hot Paraffin treatments for my hands. Hoping I can get better. My right hand seems to come off the club a bit on the downswing as I put pressure on the grip with my 3rd, 4th & 5th fingers. This causes the club to strike the ball on a different angle.

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

53 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Now, I am having severe pain issues with my fingers. Can’t seem to hold onto the club very well.

Really sorry to hear that, Foz.... 😞

Hope you can find or figure out something to give you some relief, so you can keep playing!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Played Saturday in 57º temp and winds 20-30mph with gusts to 40.  Shot 91...7 doubles! But I got one birdie!  Yikes!

Sunday was very nice, but still chilly.  Overnight low was 39º.  It was 47º at tee off.  Shot even par on the front nine; two birdies, two bogeys.  However, 3 doubles, 3 bogeys and a birdie on the back nine led to a round of 80.  Disappointing to say the least.  I wish I could keep a good round going!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I wish I could keep a good round going!!

Oh yeah .... you're not the only one..!

Played a short 9 hole course that I've played a number of times the past few seasons. After an opening double - tee shot hooked left under a tree, punchout kinda ok but then a chunked chip still short of the green - 4 to get on, on a short Par 4....

Got back on track with a bogey (another tee shot hooked left under a tree!), par, par (on two of the harder holes!) but then ... but then...

After a tee shot that went left *again!* but got saved from OB by a tree branch, I made a big mistake .. instead of laying up I thought, 'I have a good lie and a clear shot - I can get it back there!' Well... You know what happened next. Lost Ball, drop, chunked chip, bladed chip... +4/Quad.

Got back on track, again, with a bogey on a tricky Par 4 that really could be a short Par 5; bogey on an uphill Par 3; par on a short, straight Par 4 (even after tee shot left but this time IN FRONT of the tree!).

But then .. but then... Closing short Par 3 across a pond in front of the tee box. Guess where the tee shot goes? And here's where I made another big mistake - instead of walking around to a drop zone, I re-tee'ed and proceeded to slam a line drive underneath an agave ... Lost Ball... Drop, fluff it into the Bunker, get out and on the green but miss the straightforward putt... +5/Snowman on a 115 yard Par 3.

So two round-wrecker holes in one 9-hole round, where I might have salvaged two bogeys ... Hopefully I've learned (and will retain!) two important lessons!!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

Oh yeah .... you're not the only one..!

Played a short 9 hole course that I've played a number of times the past few seasons. After an opening double - tee shot hooked left under a tree, punchout kinda ok but then a chunked chip still short of the green - 4 to get on, on a short Par 4....

Got back on track with a bogey (another tee shot hooked left under a tree!), par, par (on two of the harder holes!) but then ... but then...

After a tee shot that went left *again!* but got saved from OB by a tree branch, I made a big mistake .. instead of laying up I thought, 'I have a good lie and a clear shot - I can get it back there!' Well... You know what happened next. Lost Ball, drop, chunked chip, bladed chip... +4/Quad.

Got back on track, again, with a bogey on a tricky Par 4 that really could be a short Par 5; bogey on an uphill Par 3; par on a short, straight Par 4 (even after tee shot left but this time IN FRONT of the tree!).

But then .. but then... Closing short Par 3 across a pond in front of the tee box. Guess where the tee shot goes? And here's where I made another big mistake - instead of walking around to a drop zone, I re-tee'ed and proceeded to slam a line drive underneath an agave ... Lost Ball... Drop, fluff it into the Bunker, get out and on the green but miss the straightforward putt... +5/Snowman on a 115 yard Par 3.

So two round-wrecker holes in one 9-hole round, where I might have salvaged two bogeys ... Hopefully I've learned (and will retain!) two important lessons!!

What were those two lessons again??

I thought you were taking "mental" lessons.   LOL

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played a nice 40/38 in a cool drizzle today that was a nice little round in my Galway Bay gear. Been driving the ball nicely of late, can’t complain!

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Went and and played 9. Not sure what is going on, but my normally spot on 5w has developed a pull. Very concerning as It is my go to tee club  many days. 

I was experimenting with a Super Stroke 3.0 grip.Major fail so I replaced it today a GP SNSR standard as wel as added 1.25 inches to my putter. Nice grip wth quality feedback.  Putted good today. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Well, here’s the results from my Buddy Trip ....

I used my old Cobra F6 4 & 5 irons rather than the F8 3 & 5 Hybrids.....

file-BA432685-3F58-449D-8B4F-B82BCA8BF8FD-5803-000004768AD3232D.png.5416d5e854567a5f30aedac647b5735e.pngfile-A4F9C4F5-AFB3-40E3-83C8-82C518FC65C2-5803-0000047745E9872F.png.d8d87fb31f3db8a62f255205cc11d65b.png

Now, I am having severe pain issues with my fingers. Can’t seem to hold onto the club very well. I take Gabapentin daily for the pain, but now it is more severe. I also take hot Paraffin treatments for my hands. Hoping I can get better. My right hand seems to come off the club a bit on the downswing as I put pressure on the grip with my 3rd, 4th & 5th fingers. This causes the club to strike the ball on a different angle.

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Hope you can get that “finger” grip pressure straightened out.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

The hosel of my irons is a magnet, I got the fkn shanks!!! Second straight round I've driven the ball very, very well, but the rest of my game is just trash.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

The hosel of my irons is a magnet, I got the fkn shanks!!! Second straight round I've driven the ball very, very well, but the rest of my game is just trash.

Put an extra ball next to your actual ball, just outside and parallel to yours in-play. Set-up to the outside ball. Start your swing, then come down and hit the inside ball. I had the shanks on the 16th-18th holes in KY last summer, during a round that would’ve been a 74, and my buddy who is a teaching pro had me do this in the fairway/on my second shots, and it worked. It kept my path from going out. So frustrating as I was playing SO well that day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

3 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Put an extra ball next to your actual ball, just outside and parallel to yours in-play. Set-up to the outside ball. Start your swing, then come down and hit the inside ball. I had the shanks on the 16th-18th holes in KY last summer, during a round that would’ve been a 74, and my buddy who is a teaching pro had me do this in the fairway/on my second shots, and it worked. It kept my path from going out. So frustrating as I was playing SO well that day!

I might have to try that on the range first, or I might hit a $4 bill into the bush 🤣

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

"Warning Warning Will Robinson" - using an aid on the course...............😮

only kidding, I know it was just a bounce game, glad it worked

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

On 4/29/2019 at 10:18 PM, Kenny B said:

What were those two lessons again??

I thought you were taking "mental" lessons.   LOL

Yes, BUT .... it's taking a verrrry looong time for those good teachings to permeate down through several layers of very thick skull..!!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

7 hours ago, PMookie said:

Sounds like my last round on Sunday.  😡

That drill works and you don't have to use an extra ball.  Set up normally to your ball and take a practice swing making a divot inside of the ball.  Be careful how you do it though; you can cheat this drill.  If you stand up creating more space between you and the ball, you will create other issues.  Only adjust the spacing by moving the lower body out of the way.

Don't ask me how I know!!!

Played at my sister CC yesterday and shot a 76, along with my buddy who matched my 76. We were 3 an 4 handicaps. we werent within 10 strokes of the winners...

shot a 78 today, but I played better than i scored. Just a stupid plunk into the lake, or a few 3 putts out of laziness...

But im starting to hate my c130 cart bag as the clubs get stuck together so badly sometimes

League play was cancelled so I slogged around my muni to work on baseline numbers. Shot another 43.

Chipping and putting was better thanks to practicing the last two days, but ball striking was not great at all. Arccos reflects that with the high handicap numbers for driving and approach.

I did have one amazing birdie on hole 2, but I have no idea how my drive or approach shot did what it did, and could not repeat it for the rest of the round.

IMG_0985.PNG

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch