Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played Plantation Palms Thursday, Saturday & Sunday, shooting 89, 90 & 93. The course is a bit more difficult with several forced carries. Lost 3 balls each day....ugh! Waiting for Pebble Creek to smooth out the greens from Major aerification.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

20 hours ago, gaussman1 said:

So if it's hooking then you know one thing for sure- the face is closed to the path at impact. Whether that's because the face is pretty neutral and the path is way too much inside out, or because the path is fairly neutral and the face is shut is what you need to figure out. But at least knowing that first part helps you on the road to discovery

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I think this is the issue resulting from using my driver swing and trying to apply it to my irons. I'm going to play the next round with two distinct swings and see what happens.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Played in a "Tournament" on saturday. I use the quotes because it wasn't golf that day and the course was not even close to ready to host one. Yes it was wet, yes it was cool, and yes on the back 9 a +3 club wind kicked up. But I can't hold that against the course because everywhere has been cold and wet. What I can is that the greens were still punched and sanded. Couldn't putt and approachs were taking bad kicks. The winning score was even par 71. I shot an 88, which was middle of the pack. So I take solace in the fact that everyone struggled.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

91 (45/46) with 36 putts (🤬) at Waikele Country Club on Sunday. My putting was absolutely atrocious, but I did strike the ball well at times so there were some positives. The greens were slower than they were last week, which threw me off as well. My biggest issue turned out to be the damn gnat swarms, which is a bit of a norm out here if there's any moisture in the air!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

91 (45/46) with 36 putts () at Waikele Country Club on Sunday. My putting was absolutely atrocious, but I did strike the ball well at times so there were some positives. The greens were slower than they were last week, which threw me off as well. My biggest issue turned out to be the damn gnat swarms, which is a bit of a norm out here if there's any moisture in the air!

The termites at night as well, bananas.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

4 minutes ago, yungkory said:

The termites at night as well, bananas.

Bro, I'm talking straight gnat CLOUDS, haha! 

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

83 (41/42) today at The Mill Course in Cincinnati today. I putted like crap today, I missed 6 putts inside 3 feet today for par. My wedge game that is usually my weakness put me in position to score and my putting which is usually a strength, let me down. Go figure. Keep waiting to have them all clicking at once lol.

Driver: TS2 9.5 stiff
3 Wood: 915 F stiff
3 Hybrid: 915 HD
4-PW: Original AP2
Wedges: 50, 56, 60 Vokey SM6
Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport M1

Played in a partner tourny today. Played reasonably well and we managed to take 2nd place low gross in our flight out of 15 teams in the flight. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

4 Competitive rounds for me last week.

Tuesday beat 5 and 3 in KO comp against 2 h/c. 4 down after 5 never really recovered.

Thursday senior league match betterball lost 2 and 1. Really good game 2 down then 2 up, all square at 15th, partner and I both double bogeyed to lose to a bogey. Then they birdie SI2 at the next.

Friday won 3 and 1 in KO comp against 5 h/c.

Saturday played a Texas Scramble team event. came in with scatch 64 (-7) net 58.9 for 3rd and a nearest the pin. Got our monies worth at £10 a skull. Partner really driving the ball well with his new Epic Flash.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

First tournament round since last season. I was first off at 8 am and it was 42 degrees and breezy. I hung in there most of the day but made a 9 on a very easy par 5 with two balls in the water and a 3 putt. A couple shots thrown away after that added up to a dispirited 78.

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

What in the world.

First full 18 today. Played with a guy that probably shot around a 180...

My first 9 was terrible. TERRIBLE.

Back 9... shot a 36 with lipping out 4 birdie putts.

Woods and long game needs overhaul, costs me way too many strokes.

Shot of the day was a pitch and run 9 iron from 64 yards that finished an inch from the cup. PR save there after chunking an 8 iron from the middle of the fairway...

Like a boss, ....read all about it in my 19th hole thread

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Played 27 holes today...22 of them very rainy. Shot 81. Hit a few fairways and greens and right around 50% on saves.

Last 9 I shot 42. Two doubles with only 1 fairway hit. I was tired, a little wet, and hungry.  Tired cost me losing the bal right off the tee and cost me. Hdcp is coming down and hoping to be back in single digits in the next mid June. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I didn't really play all that bad in league last night, but score doesn't really reflect that - I ended up +12, but 7 of those strokes came on 2 holes.

The thing that really torqued me was on the 8th hole I lost two balls on shots that were not that bad. The tee shot should have been in the fairway or just off down in a valley. I can only assume it plugged. The next shot was a decent 6 iron that I pulled a bit but had a good line on where it should have been. I should have been able to locate both shots, but....

A couple chunked chips that I tried to get too cute on rather than playing conservatively, but putted decent again - 15 putts.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Actually was able to get out and play today at my club. Smooth 75 with no real issues other than some less than stellar chips around the green. First round out with the armlock putter and it worked great. Made everything I should have and didn’t struggle with any lag putts. Putting the JumboMax grip on it made a huge difference over the stock Odyssey grip. Going to beat some balls tomorrow and play 36 on Friday and again on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Anyone know a good exorcist? 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Me an “the cooch” threw a 75 down today with 32 putts.

Anyone know a good exorcist? 
Let me know if you find one. Some kind of demon has possessed my iron play.

Played 9 holes today and shot +5 with 14 putts. Put the ER2 back in the bag and it feels like all the work I put in with the Stroke Lab just translates better to this putter, idk. Driving was decent, roped one left that smacked a tree that hangs over the left side about 100y out, but other than that pretty successful. My iron play though, man, I need to go grind on the range.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Let’s just say it was a very bad day for the golf score. Shot an abysmal 113 on a course that never gives me any problems. The grip just didn’t feel right and threw off my rhythm. Really disappointed. But can’t beat a perfect 81 degree day with no wind. I don’t think any of us broke 100 today. We also finished In just under 5 1/2 hrs  for 18. So at least the torture wasn’t an all day event 

Here are some pics of me and our traveling group enjoying the day 

286EB7AB-2CBD-43DC-9CA5-C5A7328C7F9C.png

D0775C18-8652-4A0A-938F-02416D4657E8.png

7C75E43C-EA21-4C15-94FC-3DC13C331089.png

Edited by Big money

Keep it in the short stuff

Annoying weather has kept me off the course since Saturday. Rain Monday ended any hope of mens league. Tuesday and Wednesday were nice but made the decision to go to the gym an couldn't back out. Today another nice day but have a personal trainer session.

The last time I played I shot a disappointing 96. I just can't get it going this year thus far.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

A Scramble Saga

Well, that was fun!

Yesterday I played in my 2nd old guys scramble of the year.  A group of old guys started a Wednesday scramble competition twice a month.  It's a blind draw, team net score.  It's fun in that I get to meet new people that I have never played with before.  The 3 guys I played with were in their mid 60's, slightly younger than me (I turned 72 on Tuesday).  They were all walking, and I thought about getting my cart out of the trunk and walking too, but since my membership includes a cart, I got one.  Good thing... I was the designated "go get that ball in the other fairway."  🤣

We had a good team, and I was rather humbled.  These guys were good.  I know that I am not a long hitter, but I keep the ball in front of me and my short game usually keeps my score reasonable.  However, i've struggled a little with that lately.  

There is only one rule to this scramble.  The team must use 3 drives from each player... NOT counting par 3's!!  My course has 5 par 3's, so that means 3 drives from everyone, and one person gets the extra one.  Not much wiggle room.  

These guys were waaaay past me!!  How far, you say??  Here's the story...  (sorry to ramble).  I figured that we would use my drives on the shorter holes and on the par 5's unless someone poked one out far enough that we had a reasonable chance to reach the green in 2 shots.  My first driver used came on the 3rd hole, the #1 handicap hole; water all down the left and big grassy mounds on the right.  One guy goes in the water and the other two block right over the mounds onto the #2 tee box trying not to go in the water.  I'm down the middle; one drive out of the way.  My 2nd driver used came on #6 a par 5; decent poke but not my best.  Two guys over the right mounds into #5 fairway (remember, I had the cart so I had to get all these balls).  The other guy HIT MY BALL in the fairway, and his ball went in the bunker; second drive out of the way.

Then these guys settled down.  Long drives, and we just had to pick the best one.  I know I'm going to have a problem on the back nine because there are 3 par 3's that we can't count.  I was hoping that they all had a bad hole like on the front nine and I could save the day.  Didn't happen.  When we got to #16, I told them that we had to use my drive on this hole because they wouldn't want to use my drive on the par 5 #18.  They agreed.  I didn't catch my best drive but I was in the fairway, 152y out.  After we teed off, I went to pick up their 3 balls. They were all within 10 feet of each other in the fairway 98y from the green; 54 yards ahead of me!!  I hated to pick them up.  But it was a smart move because I can't get far enough down the fairway to see around the corner of the dogleg on the par 5 #18.  One guy put his drive on the 200y marker, and two guys put their 2nd shots on the green (missed eagle though).

Overall, we were -6 but -11 won.  I made two birdie putts, but none of us putted very well.  I hit decent shots on the par 3's, but we never birdied a par 3, and there are 5 of them!!

Here's my conclusion.  I had a great time playing with these guys, and I think they enjoyed playing with me.  However, no team needs a short, straight driver of the golf ball in a scramble.  While my drive was helpful on two occasions, other balls could have been played without really affecting our team score.  I have a decent short game and putt well most of the time, but I am really no better than two of the other guys.  What was the term used for Captain Kirk on that Star Trek episode... Captain Dunsel??   What's funny though is that my handicap is about the same as theirs.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

@Kenny B. Sounds like a lot of fun. Hoping that one day when I retire I can find a place that has engagement like that.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 5/5/2019 at 1:48 PM, perseveringgolfer said:

Humbling game today- played with our resident pro who hit the ball the way only pro's can. He has played in over 60 European tour events so he can play, but it was a different class of strike and course management. He 'easily' shot 4 under.

I learned/picked up loads of good course management info and a few good tips to improve my inconsistent scrapping around lol

Apart from his long game being on a different dimension to ours, his short game was exceptional, deadly chips and only 26 putts.

It's another world and a game most of us are not familiar with.

Just thought I'd share even though it's not about my game today.

Just to confirm he can play, he played in a local pro comp 2 days ago and shot -7 😮

They are playing a different game and thats just local pro's

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Played in a pretty good rain on the front nine, which turned into a wind storm on the back, but I managed to get 3 birdies which helped me to a 77 for the day. 

We also finished In just under 5 1/2 hrs  for 18. So at least the torture wasn’t an all day event 

!!

5.5 hours? Omg, that IS an all day event! 

Played the front today with a couple of buds. The SFT, plus 5 and 9 wood I recent early got from my fitter are my new best friends. Pulled a 44 which my best ever score for the front.

IMG_4792.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Played at Kicking Bird Golf Club in Edmond, OK today with my oldest son. It was really windy today and I was playing for the first time the 2019 ProV1. The course was in really great shape - I had three birdies and one bogey for a 2 under 68. I hit 9 of 12 fairways, 12 of 18 greens and 27 putts. I have been testing the Stroke Lab 9 the last few weeks but I went back to my Black Series Tour Design 9. I played on Tuesday and I used the Stroke Lab and I could not get my distances right so yesterday I spent a few hours on the putting green and it was no contest: the Black Series won hands down. I have used that putter for 10-11 years and it is so good. I honestly thought the Stroke Lab would be an easy transition but it just wasn't and today was confirmation; 27 putts is really solid for me. I really happy with my round today considering the wind was howling (It's Oklahoma so it's always windy but today it was blowing at 20+ today) but I controlled my golf ball well today. After a solid round of golf, I found out that I was chosen to be a tester for Srixon golf balls so it's been a good day

IMG_3625.jpg

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Played at Kicking Bird Golf Club in Edmond, OK today with my oldest son. It was really windy today and I was playing for the first time the 2019 ProV1. The course was in really great shape - I had three birdies and one bogey for a 2 under 68. I hit 9 of 12 fairways, 12 of 18 greens and 27 putts. I have been testing the Stroke Lab 9 the last few weeks but I went back to my Black Series Tour Design 9. I played on Tuesday and I used the Stroke Lab and I could not get my distances right so yesterday I spent a few hours on the putting green and it was no contest: the Black Series won hands down. I have used that putter for 10-11 years and it is so good. I honestly thought the Stroke Lab would be an easy transition but it just wasn't and today was confirmation; 27 putts is really solid for me. I really happy with my round today considering the wind was howling (It's Oklahoma so it's always windy but today it was blowing at 20+ today) but I controlled my golf ball well today. After a solid round of golf, I found out that I was chosen to be a tester for Srixon golf balls so it's been a good day
IMG_3625.thumb.jpg.623e56cccfb3d8e128a5ccc910fcf748.jpg

Very nice round! You only beat me by 19 strokes in the same course yesterday. The course condition is coming along nicely. A few more sunny days and it will be outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Another night of subbing, and another win. My driving is really in need of work, but my iron play keeps improving.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Company golf league last night, team lost but I played pretty well, three bogeys. Hit my irons really well, bogeys were primarily result of poor short game distance control. Short game contact has been really good since my lesson, just need some more time to figure out distances.
Wondering if I just need to replace my wedges since I am getting what I think is inconsistent rollout on midrange shots and my main wedge for short game is pretty old.

My Evnroll Er2.2 has been rolling the ball well. I guess the heavy head is okay, distance control has been pretty good and face control seems to be okay. Misses were mostly the results of bad reads as I burned the edges on some par putts that didn’t break as much as I thought. I did miss a 3 foot birdie putt

Actually made a grip change that seems to be the right move. This year I had transitioned to a stronger grip but last night I went back to a more neutral grip that I have always used. Based on how well I hit my irons I am going back to the old grip. Sometimes I think watch ball flight on a launch monitor is bad for you game since you really can’t interpret depth or left / right distance in a 2d screen.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG