TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Very nice round! You only beat me by 19 strokes in the same course yesterday. The course condition is coming along nicely. A few more sunny days and it will be outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Absolutely right! We've had so much rain but it's really close. The greens were rolling pretty well considering but when they fill in a bit they should be fantastic. What time were you out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Very nice round! You only beat me by 19 strokes in the same course yesterday. The course condition is coming along nicely. A few more sunny days and it will be outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks - nothing wrong with 87! Good playing!

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

36/40..76

Shot good front, bad back... flogging at its best...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Played today in the first round of our season long match play and gave 31 shots to someone playing two boxes in front of me. I shot 74 gross on my ball and lost 8&7. Net events are great if you are actually truthful in your handicap. I shot two shots over my index and got absolutely dusted. A little tough to swallow when I am playing 7k yards at sea level against a guy that is playing 6,100 yards with a fake index. Completely done with any event that involves any sort of net score. To sum up my day 187 yard par three with a bit of wind in that I hit five iron to two inches and lost the hole to a birdie net one. Complete horse crap.

Sorry for the rant and not against legit handicaps but tired of guys that completely inflate their handicaps and shoot lights out in any competitive round.

WITB 2024

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 9* SHAFT TBD...

:taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

:callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

:callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

:callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

23 hours ago, golfertrb said:

Played at Kicking Bird Golf Club in Edmond, OK today with my oldest son. It was really windy today and I was playing for the first time the 2019 ProV1. The course was in really great shape - I had three birdies and one bogey for a 2 under 68. I hit 9 of 12 fairways, 12 of 18 greens and 27 putts. I have been testing the Stroke Lab 9 the last few weeks but I went back to my Black Series Tour Design 9. I played on Tuesday and I used the Stroke Lab and I could not get my distances right so yesterday I spent a few hours on the putting green and it was no contest: the Black Series won hands down. I have used that putter for 10-11 years and it is so good. I honestly thought the Stroke Lab would be an easy transition but it just wasn't and today was confirmation; 27 putts is really solid for me. I really happy with my round today considering the wind was howling (It's Oklahoma so it's always windy but today it was blowing at 20+ today) but I controlled my golf ball well today. After a solid round of golf, I found out that I was chosen to be a tester for Srixon golf balls so it's been a good day emoji846.png

IMG_3625.jpg

I had a similar experience with Stroke Lab and struggling with distance control. Switched back to my ER2 on Wednesday and played 9 with 14 putts, including a 3-putt on the last. I'm interested to see how the forum testers get along with the face, it's just too soft for my liking I think. I like the feel of the Stroke Lab Double-wide as a putter, but the face feels like boiled mushrooms.

7 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

Played today in the first round of our season long match play and gave 31 shots to someone playing two boxes in front of me. I shot 74 gross on my ball and lost 8&7. Net events are great if you are actually truthful in your handicap. I shot two shots over my index and got absolutely dusted. A little tough to swallow when I am playing 7k yards at sea level against a guy that is playing 6,100 yards with a fake index. Completely done with any event that involves any sort of net score. To sum up my day 187 yard par three with a bit of wind in that I hit five iron to two inches and lost the hole to a birdie net one. Complete horse crap.

Sorry for the rant and not against legit handicaps but tired of guys that completely inflate their handicaps and shoot lights out in any competitive round.

I never understood inflating handicaps, but then again I don't belong to a club and play in these kinds of events. IDK how you can sleep at night knowing you destroyed someone 8&7 when they shot a 74. I hope that guy stubs his toe when he wakes up to pee.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Bugged out of work at lunch and hit the course at 12.30. Birdied the first hole with a 60+ foot putt, so things started well until the 6th when tragedy struck. Mishit my drive, then looked at the driver...I don't think this should have happened even with a shot to the toe. I'll be calling TMaG today to see what's what.

So, I ended up using 3 off the tee the rest of the round and found the fairway more often than not. Ended up it a 47/43, which is my best yet at the course.

M5.jpg

M5 2.jpg

M5 3.jpg

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Uneventful 77 (+5) today with 5 bogeys.

Tee game was pretty average.  Hit some great drivers, but also hit 2 pull hooks.  Still working on getting this new swing to feel natural.

My iron game was pretty sub-par today.  Hit everything low on the face because I have to remember to stay down on the ball when I am rotating through.  I can get away with it off the tee because I'm hitting up on the ball there, but the shallow angle of attack with the irons isn't as great.

79 hacks.........again!

Timing and staying down/covering the shot is hit and miss just now. Get it wrong with the driver and it's a high push fade (double bogie), get it right and it's a beautiful penetrating shot with a 3 yd draw.

Get it wrong with irons and it's slightly fat and low on the face coming up way short. Get it right and a sweet sounding crisp iron going it's full distance.

Got it wrong more than right today.

Chipping and putting was better though.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Rant away, we’ve all been bit by the “sandbagger” bug one time or another. Never feels good.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Uneventful 77 (+5) today with 5 bogeys.
Tee game was pretty average.  Hit some great drivers, but also hit 2 pull hooks.  Still working on getting this new swing to feel natural.
My iron game was pretty sub-par today.  Hit everything low on the face because I have to remember to stay down on the ball when I am rotating through.  I can get away with it off the tee because I'm hitting up on the ball there, but the shallow angle of attack with the irons isn't as great.

TM should be good to you, let us know what happens.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Shot an 83. Highlight was I played with a U. of RI baseball player who hit a drive we both measured at a hair over 350. A little bit wind aided but this kid crushed the ball all day.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Shot an 87 and really struggled with my irons again. Don't know what I'm doing after a year of pretty above average iron play, it just went to absolute sh*t. Driver was good outside of one hole where I blocked it and hit a tree, but once I'm standing over the ball in the fairway it just feels awkward.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The same thing happens to me at times all I do is tell myself to shorten my swing with the irons and then everything comes back

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Beat the rain today and squeaked in 9 this morning. 6/7 fairways, 5/9 greens, 38 with 14 putts.

The OnCore Elixr is really working well for me. It spins slightly more around the green for me than the Vice Pro Plus but where I’m seeing gains is off the tee. I’m excited for this summer.

IMG_5790.JPG

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Jekyll and Hyde kind of round today.  Started off pretty badly and ended up with an 11 over 47 after some doubles and triples.  Didn't hit a green until the 7th and didn't hit a fairway until the 9th.   Back 9 I hit 2 fairways and 7 greens (missed both par 3s) and shot 39 with bogeys on 16,17, and 18.  Not happy with 4 3-putts on the day.   Greens were running pretty quick and I had a little trouble getting the right read.  

Think I am going to take a little break from playing,  for some reason didn't really enjoy playing today. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Went out today for 9 after my lesson. Started with an eagle putt which ended with a tap in birdie. After that it was kinda all over the place. Made it very clear that the top end of the bag needs to be evaluated very soon if I want to play better golf. Just don’t have much confidence in the driver to 3i

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

The driver worked its butt off today. Good thing, because pretty much everything else stunk. The one fairway I missed with the driver I was trying to carry about 240 yards of water. It moved just left enough that it had to carry about 280, and didn't quite get there. The greens had just been plugged and sanded, so putting was a nightmare. A two week layoff just doesn't work.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Was fortunate to host author Tom Coyne today and my home club and a friend of mine that is a member at Fresh Meadow hosted us for a morning 18. Some good golf and some not so good golf but overall a fun day on the course. No idea what I shot for either round as the wind in the afternoon was just brutal. Overall a fun day at two US Open courses.

WITB 2024

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 9* SHAFT TBD...

:taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

:callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

:callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

:callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Shot 36-41 77 today notable for three reasons, at least.

1. I hit the ball really well for long stretches.

2. I had a 3 hole debacle stretch where I made a triple, a bogey and a very ugly bogey on a short par 5. :(

3. I came back after the triple with some great shots again.

I averaged over 95 mph with driver on my holes that I measured with Swing Caddy and 241 with the driver according to shot scope - that included a 202 yard pop up. Had 3 drives over 250 at a country club that waters the heck out of its fairways, including 2 career long drives and two three woods on holes that finished past where I would have hit driver a year ago.

I actually had to hit my 60 from 86 yards on one hole (3rd shot on a par 5 after the pop up). Last year 73 was maxed out - I hit it 15 feet past the pin. I also had 153 left on a 410 yard hole 170 to the back and knocked a smooth 7 iron off the back.

We watched the PGA while playing, smoke cigars and drank scotch - fun day.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

My wife and I went to Corvallis OR this weekend to see my dad.  It's a 300 mile trip one way.  Left home on Friday; came back today.  I always play miserably after a road trip; sitting in the car for 5 hours.

So, we went to the course around 4 pm to play 9 holes just to get the bad shots out of my system before tomorrow's walking round with the other old guys.  Doubled the first, bogeyed the second and third.  Poor driving and really poor short game, but that's what suffers the most after a trip.  Things started coming around on the par 3 #4 with a par from the frog-hair pin high right.  Then on the par 5 #5 hole playing 550y with a right to left wind, I reached the green in 3 shots (usually difficult for me) but lipped out the birdie putt.  Three more good shots on the par 5 #6 got me on the green but missed the birdie again.  Duffed my 2nd shot on the par 4 #7 and made bogey.  Made a 25 foot putt to save par on the par 3 #8 playing 180y today.  Really good drive for me, 240y on the par 5 #9; very nice 2H layup into the wind short of the water to 126y.  Nice 9i to 8 feet and a birdie for a round of 41.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

The struggle bus continues to roll. 93 (47-46) with 33 putts at Ewa Beach. I’ve taken several steps backwards the last couple months and it’s starting to get kinda frustrating.

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

55 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

The struggle bus continues to roll. 93 (47-46) with 33 putts at Ewa Beach. I’ve taken several steps backwards the last couple months and it’s starting to get kinda frustrating.

I hate the greens there, especially on certain pin position days. Sucks cuz they're a client of ours and they're always asking us to come out and play, but that course always owns me.

1 hour ago, yungkory said:

I hate the greens there, especially on certain pin position days. Sucks cuz they're a client of ours and they're always asking us to come out and play, but that course always owns me.

The pins were in nasty places today and the wind was kicking so it resulted in the usual humbling time. 

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Played Senior League match on Thursday lost 2&1 in betterball was 7 over on my ball so not a bad day. Giving 4 and 5 strokes to the other team and it told in the end.

Saturday was a real frustrating day hitting the ball well but not scoring. Ball seemed to defying the laws of Physics.. Summed up by the 10th approach shot right at the flag but a little short, pitches on a drain cover on the fringe and flies through the green. Bunkered on 18 catches the ball really well and lands on the green exactly where I was aiming on a left to right down slope with the spin the ball had to go right and roll down to the hole nope went left. Shot 82 missed buffer back to 7.2.

Off to the Algarve on Wednesday with clubs for 5 rounds in the sun to cheer me up.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Took a half day Friday and found a stellar deal on GolfNow - Seriously $8.49 for Bear Slide in Indiana for 18 and a cart (pretty nice course in the area)!  However, as pleased as I was with my great deal, my game did not follow.  I started off very strong with a great birdie on the first, but just never had the confidence in my swing.  Had a two way miss going so it was difficult to adjust to anything.  Distance control was ok even when direction was not, but then I wasn't chipping/pitching the ball very well either and leaving myself much longer looks.

Putting oddly enough was decent, even though I still had 16 putts on the front side, my distance control was good all day, just didn't make that many putts besides the first hole.  

Pace of play was really dragging so I had to head out after the 12th hole for my daughters school spring program.

Still going to stay positive as I had some different mental thoughts this round, which got me overthinking a bit.  I've been playing well so far this year and I need to get back to what was working.  Part of the problem is finding time to play.  I haven't played a full round since I went on a work trip to Bandon Dunes April 8th!

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

you know that old song about the wheels on the bus going round and round ??

well, the wheels start off round....turned oblong....and then just plain ole fell off.

85 on a tight course where if you miss too far one way or the other (left/right/short/long) you may as well reach into the bag for a new ball.

the shame of it is, post round I can think of at least 5 shots that I hit the ball well, but it flew longer than I expected and cost me 5 strokes.

...I can understand being upset when slicing/hooking/topping/fatting but when you hit it well and it still costs you strokes that is maddening.  

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

you know that old song about the wheels on the bus going round and round ??

well, the wheels start off round....turned oblong....and then just plain ole fell off.

85 on a tight course where if you miss too far one way or the other (left/right/short/long) you may as well reach into the bag for a new ball.

the shame of it is, post round I can think of at least 5 shots that I hit the ball well, but it flew longer than I expected and cost me 5 strokes.

...I can understand being upset when slicing/hooking/topping/fatting but when you hit it well and it still costs you strokes that is maddening.  

See... when that happens to me, I reach into my bag for an old ball.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

Soon, it will all come together and the game will seem so easy!!  Happens all the time!

First skins game of the year, 81 (+6/+3 41/40) (adjusted down to an 80 thanks to Stroke Control). Started like crap, 2 pars (left birdie puts on lips) then double-bogey-double. Sat on the bench looking down the 6th hole to contemplate life, played the next 8 holes in even (6 pars, 1 bogey, 1 birdie). Then triple without a lost ball, just bad breaks, second under a tree, third ricochet fourth chip out, 5 short on green, 6 blow it by the flag, pick up for triple. Then three straight pars and a bogey. 

In all, an interesting round, won two skins despite being 5 shots better on handicap than anyone else... handicap will be going up, but them the breaks I guess.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Played in stroke play tourny down at Shadow Hills CC in Junction City, OR. Super nice facility with some holes that require very accurate te shots. Shot 85 with. I was pleased with my game minus 3 holes that I played +7. Un-real...My 85 was good enough for 2nd gross in my flight. 84 took the to spot. 

Still cant find my game post-op.Cant seem to find the groove and stay in it. Tee box is hurting me the most. I find fairways, I find greens. I miss fairways,I find sand, water, OB, trees. doubles. and triples. 

On the positive...Putted reasonably well and my iron game was decent. The greens yesterday were fast which I prefer.. It was nice rolling in 3 footers as they were smooth and held their line. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX