TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

41 minutes ago, MattF said:

Next time you're in the area give @MaxEntropy  and myself a heads up and I'll make a tee time for us at the "club".

I think the next time I'm back home is in August some time. I'll keep you guys posted.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Monday men's league ended up continuing the trend of really good rounds despite the strong winds that ended up being a side wind on just about every hole. I ended up driving or nearly driving both par 5's in two and cranked out a few really pretty putts including a few from 10-15 feet that were dead on line.

I know it's about 3-4 years since the TIBA system came out and I bought it, but finally got around to using it. My word has it improved my putting in only two uses. Even taking an ESC 8 on a hole I managed to shoot 45. I'm finally turning the corner, hopefully.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

86 (48/38, 84 ESC) with 34 putts at Royal Blue at Baha Mar. I got off to a strange start on the front 9, with #2 being a complete blow up hole. So with a quad, triple and double on the front, my work was cut out for me the rest of the round. I was laughing about the double because I crushed the drive, but caught the edge of one of those pesky middle-of-the-fairway bunkers (thanks, Jack) and the rest is history. I got my act together on the back though so I was happy with the turnaround. All in all it was a fun round and I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to play in the Bahamas!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

7 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Play in a tournament every year sponsored by the Golfstyles Media Group called the Solstice Survival - a one day 54 hole stroke event.  We tee off at 5:45AM and don't stop until the last putt is made on hole 54.  I've only placed once quite a few years ago and that was only because I had a couple lucky breaks and because the event was shortened to 27 holes because of heavy, heavy rains that had transformed a few par fours into island greens.  I played this year's Solstice tournament at Bulle Rock, a course that used to host the McDonald's LPGA tournament for a few years (https://bullerockgc.com/about-us-golf/).  Forecast was for 90% rain on and off an heavy rains with thunderstorms in the afternoon.  I brought the heavy duty rain gear, but it wasn't breathable and I get hot quickly so it was a constant dress and removal of the suit as the rains came and went.  My game was on an uptick with some great play as of late, but yesterday, the game was hit and miss, adding that the greens were so quick that lags a lot of times went 6' past or more -made for an up and down round.  We all got called back to the clubhouse as there were thunderstorms rolling through.  20-30 golfers had enough and packed it up but the course said we we're going back out.  Up until the time we got called back to the club house it hadn't been cart path only even with some of the steady down pours because the course drained very well, but after the last biblical deluge, it because CPO the last 18.  Bulle Rock is hilly, with thick rough so having it CPO made for a long last 18 holes out of the 54. Well, I had snowball's chance in hell for placing as I didn't think I played well so imagine my surprise when my name got called for this:

IMG_20190610_204938.thumb.jpg.a7fb257ef15929fe64711d8838ebeb94.jpg

Yep came in first net!  I'll be buying Powerball ticket today😁😂🤣

MDGolfHacker

Congratulations! That's so cool

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

So I played with two of my boys tonight - it was a lovely afternoon, not too hot and bit breezy but then again it's Oklahoma so it's just ALWAYS windy but I digress. The last time I played it was an absolute train wreck with the driver but as PING Apologist #9 said I would "get it back" - I did 🙂. So, I played really well and scored really well but there is a big caveat to be added - we had to play the back nine twice because of a clinic on the front nine so it was the same wind and I knew what clubs/shots I had hit my first time around and I got a major teach for my second go around: My first nine I had 1 bogey against 2 birdies and on my second nine I had 4 birdies and the course is only 6162 yards, so with an asterisk firmly in place, here are my stats:

FIR: 10/12

GIR: 14/18

Putts: 27

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Play in a tournament every year sponsored by the Golfstyles Media Group called the Solstice Survival - a one day 54 hole stroke event.  We tee off at 5:45AM and don't stop until the last putt is made on hole 54.  I've only placed once quite a few years ago and that was only because I had a couple lucky breaks and because the event was shortened to 27 holes because of heavy, heavy rains that had transformed a few par fours into island greens.  I played this year's Solstice tournament at Bulle Rock, a course that used to host the McDonald's LPGA tournament for a few years (https://bullerockgc.com/about-us-golf/).  Forecast was for 90% rain on and off an heavy rains with thunderstorms in the afternoon.  I brought the heavy duty rain gear, but it wasn't breathable and I get hot quickly so it was a constant dress and removal of the suit as the rains came and went.  My game was on an uptick with some great play as of late, but yesterday, the game was hit and miss, adding that the greens were so quick that lags a lot of times went 6' past or more -made for an up and down round.  We all got called back to the clubhouse as there were thunderstorms rolling through.  20-30 golfers had enough and packed it up but the course said we we're going back out.  Up until the time we got called back to the club house it hadn't been cart path only even with some of the steady down pours because the course drained very well, but after the last biblical deluge, it because CPO the last 18.  Bulle Rock is hilly, with thick rough so having it CPO made for a long last 18 holes out of the 54. Well, I had snowball's chance in hell for placing as I didn't think I played well so imagine my surprise when my name got called for this:
Yep came in first net!  I'll be buying Powerball ticket today🤣

MDGolfHacker

Congrats MD........the true gift is that you had fun challenging yourself. 54 holes in one Day is an amazing feat! Glad you competed.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Rained out again yesterday. Our weather is in the process of changing from morning storms to late afternoon storms. So I was rained out after 11 holes on Saturday, rained Sunday, rained out Tuesday after 7 holes. It’s not so much the rain as it is the lightning. We had almost 8 inches since Saturday.....

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

12 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Yep came in first net! 

Congratulations!!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

4 hours ago, golfertrb said:

So I played with two of my boys tonight - it was a lovely afternoon, not too hot and bit breezy but then again it's Oklahoma so it's just ALWAYS windy but I digress. The last time I played it was an absolute train wreck with the driver but as PING Apologist #9 said I would "get it back" - I did 🙂. So, I played really well and scored really well but there is a big caveat to be added - we had to play the back nine twice because of a clinic on the front nine so it was the same wind and I knew what clubs/shots I had hit my first time around and I got a major teach for my second go around: My first nine I had 1 bogey against 2 birdies and on my second nine I had 4 birdies and the course is only 6162 yards, so with an asterisk firmly in place, here are my stats:

FIR: 10/12

GIR: 14/18

Putts: 27

A 65 is a 65 regardless of playing the same 9 twice or length. Good stuff!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

56 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Rained out again yesterday. Our weather is in the process of changing from morning storms to late afternoon storms. So I was rained out after 11 holes on Saturday, rained Sunday, rained out Tuesday after 7 holes. It’s not so much the rain as it is the lightning. We had almost 8 inches since Saturday.....emoji299.pngemoji90.png

The only rain I encountered between PG and Carlisle, PA (where I am currently) on my trek north was in Tampa.  You're just living in the wrong place!

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Rained out again yesterday. Our weather is in the process of changing from morning storms to late afternoon storms. So I was rained out after 11 holes on Saturday, rained Sunday, rained out Tuesday after 7 holes. It’s not so much the rain as it is the lightning. We had almost 8 inches since Saturday.....

It’s rained (thunder, lightning & downpour) every day since Friday here.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

9 again this morning and 42. Putted well, Driver OK, irons terrible.
Good thing I left after 9, the guys got drenched 3 holes later in a nasty thunderstorm.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Yep came in first net!  I'll be buying Powerball ticket today🤣

MDGolfHacker

Way to go Champ! 🏌️♂️

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Not too well ... had 2 doubles and 2 triples and ended up with an 89.  HOWEVER....it was my first full round of golf in over 6 weeks post surgery, so I probably shouldn't complain too much.  I was pretty spent stamina wise by the 14th hole, but I did finish all 18 (in a cart, yes).  We were playing 9s for the drinks afterwards....guess who had to buy 🙂 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

A 65 is a 65 regardless of playing the same 9 twice or length. Good stuff!

Haha no doubt - thanks Matt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

Not too well ... had 2 doubles and 2 triples and ended up with an 89.  HOWEVER....it was my first full round of golf in over 6 weeks post surgery, so I probably shouldn't complain too much.  I was pretty spent stamina wise by the 14th hole, but I did finish all 18 (in a cart, yes).  We were playing 9s for the drinks afterwards....guess who had to buy 🙂 

That’s great to hear. Don’t push too hard but nice to see recovery is going well. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

9/14 fir

13/18 gir

28 putts

Not a perfect ball striking day but very time I looked up ball was going where I intended it. 28 putts is a little bit of a farce as I had 8 1 putts and a 3 putt. Of the 1 putts I made 1 from 24’ for par and everything else was inside 6’. Nice to see consistency in my game for once. 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

1 minute ago, THEZIPR23 said:

9/14 fir

13/18 gir

28 putts

Not a perfect ball striking day but very time I looked up ball was going where I intended it. 28 putts is a little bit of a farce as I had 8 1 putts and a 3 putt. Of the 1 putts I made 1 from 24’ for par and everything else was inside 6’. Nice to see consistency in my game for once. 

Really nice round! Glad to see the Epic Flash is still a fairway finder.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

1 minute ago, edingc said:

Really nice round! Glad to see the Epic Flash is still a fairway finder.

Thanks!

Its a beautiful thing! Getting more trust in it each time and starting the ball where I should now vs where I hit previous gamer. 

Played with my in-laws and brother-in-law today in a benefit scramble. 

Shot 61 (-12), which put us somewhere in the middle of the pack. Minus our four "grenades," where we converted pars into birdies, we truly shot -8. Pretty happy with that score. Neither of my in-laws hit it very far anymore, so a lot of the driving and long irons were left to my brother-in-law and me. 

Personally, had a handful of really good shots, including a couple decent drives and a few great approaches. Putting started shaky but was better by the end of the round. 

The course was The Royal in Canadian Lakes, MI. Course was in amazing shape and fun to play. 

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Shot a 77 and then played the back 9 again at 1 under.

really starting to love my new mizzy stix, the pure hits are just too good.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

On 6/10/2019 at 9:33 PM, Kenny B said:

This last weekend I had rather uneventful rounds of 84 and 79.  I am still not putting very well.  The 79 came on Sunday from better ball striking, hitting more greens, but I'm still averaging about 33 putts per round; 2-3 more than normal.

The nice round came today with my walking buddies.  One guy hasn't been playing for there for more than a month; a 76-year old Marine Col. pilot (I was informed that there are no "former" Marines.) 😉  he's a better player than I am; probably a 6 hcp, but we usually are about the same off the tee.  We only played 9 holes, and he shot +1; I shot +2, bogeying the first two holes which are the easiest on the front nine.  I was happy with that.  I outdrove him on most holes; I had a couple of 230+ yarders; no wind.  HUGE for me, but summer is about here, so fairways are firming up!!

On the Par 4 #3 hole (#1hcp) shown here looking back to the fairway from the green:

IMG_0721.thumb.jpg.8a5c8d7af9879dbf0ff32c8002a65b0f.jpg

water all down the left side and in front of the green and high grassy mounds all down the right side of the fairway; I hit a slight draw 230y to the center of the fairway, then a wedge to the center of the green 3 feet from the hole. Nice birdie on a hole that I make bogey 50% of the time and occasionally a double bogey or worse.

On the 146y par 3 #4 hole I hit a 9i to 8 feet pin high; missed!  The 565y par 5 #5 was driver, 3W, wedge to 2 feet; didn't miss that one!  I also managed to par the 546y par 5 dogleg left #9 hole with a pond in front.  Here's a view from the fairway looking toward the green from over 300y out... do NOT want to go left; bad grassy hill!!

CP9thJPG.thumb.jpg.7a4d2d85d36a75b074ece5c4dcdf7ee0.jpg

I don't like quoting my own posts, but I need to this time.  Remember my great play on #3 on Monday walking with the guys: nice drive, wedge to 3 feet... birdie on the #1 hcp hole?  As I said above, it's a hole that I bogey 50% of the time with the occasional double bogey or worse.  

Well, today my wife and I played with our tax accountant.  On that hole I got an "other"... a 9; two balls in the water and a 3-putt!!  With my no warmup before Hole #1 double bogey, I was +7 after 3 holes.  My worst start in years!!  I did settle down to shoot 46/37 = 83.  Our accountant bought the beer.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

After work 9 yesterday. Shot a 47.

3 putted twice. 3 double bogies. So many missed opportunities. 

image.png.eb7842cdecf23391705fb4db80079c50.png

Loving the Cobras on the course. Throughout the bag, I don't ever feel like it is difficult to make clean contact with the ball, even in the thickest rough. When I stop leaving my club face open, I love the ball flight and results. 

Was the perfect after work 9.. The weather was beautiful and the course, Rackham Golf Course, is a Donald Ross design so it challenges you to think throughout, which I really enjoyed.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

After work 9 yesterday. Shot a 47.
3 putted twice. 3 double bogies. So many missed opportunities. 
image.png.eb7842cdecf23391705fb4db80079c50.png
Loving the Cobras on the course. Throughout the bag, I don't ever feel like it is difficult to make clean contact with the ball, even in the thickest rough. When I stop leaving my club face open, I love the ball flight and results. 
Was the perfect after work 9.. The weather was beautiful and the course, Rackham Golf Course, is a Donald Ross design so it challenges you to think throughout, which I really enjoyed.

Keep it up palvord, you’ll get the feel of them soon.

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8’s from Cobra

On 6/11/2019 at 7:03 AM, Rickp said:

On his bag I spotted a “shot my age” tag.

Bob Hope said...
"I went out golfing to shoot my age. I ended up shooting my weight instead."

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

League night and it was a disaster.   Was running late due to a meeting and traffic;  ended up getting to the course when we were supposed to tee off.   Being one of those people that like to be early,  hit a few chips, iron shots, and putts prior to the round it wasn't a good start to the round.  Parred my first hole but then went double, bogey, par, birdie, double, triple, bogey, double for a smooth 10 over.     2 FW, 1 green, 16 putts.   I feel like I only hit 1 good shot on the day.      

Just one of those rounds you want to forget and try to move on.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Men's Club night:  Format was 3 clubs plus putter.  I originally thought I'd play 3W, 7 iron, and sand wedge.  At the last minute, I made a poor decision and replaced the SW with the PW.  Bad decision!!  On 3 holes, I found myself in a position that made the PW a bad choice and all 3 holes cost me with a double bogey (twice need to flop a PW).  3 doubles, 2 bogeys, and 4 pars later, I come in with a 8 over for the nine.  Tied for 5th, which paid nothing, but did earn me some points towards our Ryder Cup team pick.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug