TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

The firmer balls like the Z star and now the MTB-X seem to help a lot as well.  Was averaging 46% fairways last year and now a bit over 64% with these 2 balls this year.  Oh, and the 4 more yards tees.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Just now, GolfSpy Stroker said:

hmmm....thought that was just a gimmicky thing but sounds like there is something to it.  Nice!

Just now, Shankster said:

Poorly.

Haha....is the the balls?

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Just now, Shankster said:

It’s the space between my ears. Need to figure it out quickly though I’ve had enough. Taking tomorrow off. Then try a reset on Friday. Too steep on everything.

I quick thinking about crap.  Playing a member/member this weekend.  8am shotgun start, I asked my partner when he was getting there and he said a little before 7am to hit balls and putt.  I told him I'd be there at 10 til 8 to give me time to find our cart and get to the hole we start on.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

10 minutes ago, Shankster said:

It’s the space between my ears. Need to figure it out quickly though I’ve had enough. Taking tomorrow off. Then try a reset on Friday. Too steep on everything.

but... little butter cuts ... practiced the garbage out... 😉

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I quick thinking about crap.  Playing a member/member this weekend.  8am shotgun start, I asked my partner when he was getting there and he said a little before 7am to hit balls and putt.  I told him I'd be there at 10 til 8 to give me time to find our cart and get to the hole we start on.

That’s how I used to roll. Played much better too. Fighting a block right now. I couldn’t hit a snap hook on purpose right now.

Might be time for me to take lessons. Didn’t want to give in, but I am in need. Wasting time trying to figure it out.

14 minutes ago, Shankster said:

That’s how I used to roll. Played much better too. Fighting a block right now. I couldn’t hit a snap hook on purpose right now.
Might be time for me to take lessons. Didn’t want to give in, but I am in need. Wasting time trying to figure it out.

The 'ELITE' get daily 'lessons/coaching' and they hit the ball the way we can only dream. Get a lesson, another set of professional eyes and some tweaking is probably all you need.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

The 'ELITE' get daily 'lessons/coaching' and they hit the ball the way we can only dream. Get a lesson, another set of professional eyes and some tweaking is probably all you need.

Yeah. There are some clinics nearby the new place I am going to check out. And if I like the pro I’m going to look at a lesson package.

Struggled with the driver and long game today.  Shot an 85.  1 under on the 4 par 3 holes and 7 over on the 4 par 5 holes!!!!!  This is complete opposite of how I typically played prior to the knee replacement.  Iron striking is solid but the woods are really bad right now.  Hoping that this is just an adjustment phase as I get back to playing regularly again.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

So I posted a few days ago with the first 3 scores with my new hybrids and irons. 

I played the Heathland at Legends Course in Myrtle Beach today. It was really hot and gusting about 20mph, yet the course was on the soggy side (???). These Rogue X are amazing. They play like a PING G series iron on steroids! Long, high and straight. I know this sounds crazy, but they feel as soft as my old Apex cf16 set, only at least a club longer. They come in so steep it's almost point and shoot with these things. I realize everyone has a different swing, just saying these are perfect for me. Anyone concerned about their distance should give these a try.

Enough gushing about the arrows though. This Indian shot an 80! Could have been better too. I doubled 15 (short game screw up) and 3 putted 17 and 18 for bogeys. Aaagh shoulda been in the 70's.... Couldn't be happier though. The Apex were becoming too much work, and Steelhead's felt like rocks.

Handicap is going down on the 1st 😥 

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

10/14 fir

9/18 gir

26 putts. 

I think I finally found the right putter grip. Everything was going along fine until I doubled 16 & 18. Still a solid round. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

I played 9 after work at the course close to my house to take my new putter on its maiden voyage and shot 41 (40 ESC) with 15 putts. I started with a par, had two idiot holes and then played the remaining 6 holes even finishing with back to back birdies. This game is ridiculous, haha!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

I played a quick 9 while my boys had Jr league practice. I haven't been able to get out there as much as I'd like, and the tournament play has been horrible, so I really need this 41. I had 4 bogeys, 3 pars, 1 triple, and 1 birdie. Although the birdie came from taking 2 shots off the tee at 17, because I had a show foursome in front of me, and I finished out that hole with the better tee shot. Also, hit the longest 5i of my life at 234, which wasn't a good thing. Also hit my 8i 181 on a 165 par 3. Here is a picture of how that turned out.
IMG_3215.JPGIMG_3216.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

After 25 ball warm up, which went quite well, especially driver and 7i, I was off to a full 18 holes

5500 yards, 65.30/111, Par 72, Played forward tees.

My results: 91 HCP 17, Net 74, 2 Par, 13 Bogies, 3 DB, 4 Penalty strokes, 33 Putts, 3 GIR, 9 FIR

A good round, I felt,  on a course that was totally new to me.  The course layout was good for my Draw/Pull stroke and even the more strong pulls did not really come into play.  Biggest thing, for me today, was playing the course well, based on club selection. I needed to go back a club as I approached the 125 mark to the green.  I often went beyond the green by a lot (6+yards).  My chips continue to need to get a bit more loft so they do not run as much.

I am still adjusting to how much further my e12 ball flies compared to the usual play of the range balls.  In combination with that aspect, I more, then once (that is, many a shot), needed to not try to muscle the swats.  This was a result, I am sure, of a wrong measures to the green.  I forgot to take my phone with me on the course, so I did not have a GPS reading or a range finder read, as I do not own one.

91 is at the lower end of my usual round, so I am happy.  I suspect it will get well under 90 as I play this course more often.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Shot a 40 with one double thanks to a OB. Lucky to only take the double. 1 fairway 1 green but high % up and downs and a sand save.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I don't think I escape too many rounds without at least one of those nasty little doubles!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Like dog-poo again. 91. Freaking horrible. I didn’t hit ANYTHING well today. Absolutely worthless round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

5 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

I did it!! Finally broke 80 after 2 years. It was a goal in 2018 that didn't quite come to fruition. Made 80 a bunch of times but couldn't quite "break on through to the other side" emoji445.png.

Funny thing was that I didn't feel like I was playing all that spectacularly.. but consistency was the key. Also, I found a new go-to when 80 yds out, on in to about 25 yds away. Nice low bump n scoot with a PW. This shot was absolutely money and way more repeatable and controllable than going high with my 60°. Hits the green, takes a couple quick skips and then stops on a dime!

inCollage_20190622_124649540.jpeg

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

Congrats!!

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

4/14 fir
10/18 gir
26 putts. 
Couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn for the first 6 holes. 3 over after 4 with no end in sight to my nightmare. Decided on after 6 that I was going to grind out a score no matter what. Proceeded to play last 13 holes 5 under. Wish it was always that easy to flip a switch. 

Jeez. The only five under I’ve ever been is with balls under water, or five under BOGEY golf, or an 85!!!!! Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Played the course I grew up on today with Dad. It was a way to just relax after weeks of studying for a promotional exam.

Tomorrow, it’s early with my brother in law at his club.

Today was my day to put the Tour Edge CBX119 Hybrid through its paces. Lots of good info to share for my Stage 1.

We did not keep score just for the purpose of going to play. I Hit 6/9 greens and had 14 putts and two birdies. Fun day and hopefully that carries over to tomorrow where it’s slightly more competitive.

IMG_6888.JPG

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I did it!! Finally broke 80 after 2 years. It was a goal in 2018 that didn't quite come to fruition. Made 80 a bunch of times but couldn't quite "break on through to the other side" .

Funny thing was that I didn't feel like I was playing all that spectacularly.. but consistency was the key. Also, I found a new go-to when 80 yds out, on in to about 25 yds away. Nice low bump n scoot with a PW. This shot was absolutely money and way more repeatable and controllable than going high with my 60°. Hits the green, takes a couple quick skips and then stops on a dime!

inCollage_20190622_124649540.jpeg.d0e6c78a530bde0725d86e58848fea09.jpeg

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

Congratulations

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Way to go MattF!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder